LoseIt June 2013

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Re: LoseIt June 2013

Kar, I am so happy about your Mom's success in loosing weight. I teared up - yes, I did. I know, what an obstacle it must have been for her.
    I hope you will take her shopping for some exciting outfit for her school reunion.
    I have a wedding to go to in October, and I am determined to wear a dress, I have in my closet. So, i need to loose another 5 pounds by then. But i know, i will get there with Loose it! and you encouragement. Thanks pal!

Do what your heart feels is right; you will be criticized anyway.
    - Eleanor Roosevelt

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I'm tearing up at YOUR tearing up for my mom, Pingo, my friend.  I'll tell her and SHE'LL be next to need a tissue. :)

YES, you will make it long before October (if you want to) or you can set your budget to lose at a slower rate.  Whatever works best for you - the control of LoseIt is really phenomenal, isn't it?  Even 1/2 a lb per week will get you there in plenty of time.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Discretion is the better part of valor.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from roma-ss. Show roma-ss's posts

Hi,  still making progress    This weekend was better than last weekend,  so I feel good about where I am now.    Though it would have been better if I had more of a buffer for when I am on my 3 week vacation.   You may guess where it is by my screen name,  but is is an 'immersion' type of vacation,  not much restaurant food,  but home cooking by relatives could be worse when it is never ending!  We will also be able to do our own cooking.   But hopefully I will be able to do lots of walking.  I have been many times and I know the area and many people to stop and stay hello to.  Only problem is that it will be very hot.  So gelato all the time is going to be very tempting!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Roma, congrats on getting more of a handle on your eating habits and being happier with where you are.  Vacation doesn't have to derail you at all - you can enjoy your visit, eat the food, AND stay on track.  Pingo visited family in TX a few times while losing her 20 lbs and lost weight each time and didn't miss a thing.  Here's how I do it:

1.  Set your budget to maintenance.  If you are currently set to lose 1 lb a week, that will give you an extra 500 per day, and you won't gain if you stick to it.  

2. Do NOT deprive yourself.  ENJOY!  1/2 cup of gelato only has about 200 calories.  You can fit 1/2 cup in per day (ask for a baby size) and not blow your budget.  

3.  Watch your servings - no need to avoid anything.  Eat 1/2 cup servings of pasta (or any other starchy food), about the size of your fist.  Fill up on salad and veggie sides for the rest.

If you follow this for 3 weeks you'll come back having not gained an ounce (except in water weight which almost always happens on travel because you don't tend to drink enough water while you're away).  And, if you average under your maintenance budget you'll even have lost weight after your 3 weeks at a rate of 3500 calories per pound deficit, meaning if you eat 100 calories under your maintenance budget every day you'll rack up a deficit of 2100 calories, or 1/3rd - 1/2 lb of fat loss.

You don't have to lose a pound a week every single week to be successful.  :)

Have a great time!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from roma-ss. Show roma-ss's posts

thanks for the tips.   I haven't been since 2006 and I did pretty good that time.  Will just have to keep moving too. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good morning losers!
    I haven't posted much recently on this site. Mainly b/c I had a tough time to access it. The site just wouldn't load. Took forever.
    I am still logging and maintaining. Logging is most important, when you want to lose weight. So, keep it up. I don't weigh stuff any more, but I use my eye measure. After a while, you get a good grip on that. However, when I was in the losing state, I did measure everything.
    Thanks to Kargiver, I lost 20 pounds easily. But of course, I had a lot of support from her and this site. You do too.
    Good luck to all of you, who are attempting to lose a few.

- Eleanor Roosevelt

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from allreadymarried. Show allreadymarried's posts

I have a horrible time posting!!!

I have been better logging and measuring. 

Have to get back on scale though.  I am an early riser and head to gym and I just forget.  Don't want to use one at gym as it is never calibrated.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

You can weigh yourself at any time of day as long as you understand that in the morning after the restroom and before eat/drink you'll weigh about 3 lbs less than you will at night due to hydration and food.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Allready, as long as you weigh yourself at the same time of the day or night, it doesn't matter, when you do it. You are heavier at night, but the weightloss will be the same.
    - Eleanor Roosevelt

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Deleted due to bdc changing the photo.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Deleted due to bdc changing the photo.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Didn't mean to post twice, but bdc DID change my photo and the only way to change it back was to post it again.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

WOW! You look great. Love that pink shrug. I thought you said you had pink shoes to go with the outfit. ???
    Love Gracies "dinner table" on the right. Did DH built that?

I once had a white dress similar to yours with pearly beeds around the neckline. My boyfriend (DH) loved it. Whenever we went to some function or such, he would ask me, "Please wear your white dress." Of course, I was happy to oblige. But after I wore "the REAL white dress" - he never asked me again. Besides, I would never be able to fit into it. LOL
    I used to be pencil thin - can't say that anymore. But I would never, ever exchange my slenderness for the two great boys we have. Pregnancy and motherhood does something to a woman's body. We just have to accept it.

- Eleanor Roosevelt

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Thanks!  Yes, I do have pink shoes I could have worn, but you know how it is with new shoes, lol, I wanted to wear them. :)  Very cute about your boyfriend's/DH's request for you to wear yours...must have been fabulous for him to notice and ask.  Indeed, no one should try to be super slender, again, after children - it does change your body, and that's totally normal and nothing to worry about. I am so happy for you that you are where you want to be and feel and look GREAT.  

Log, log, log, everyone!

ETA:  I bought that feeding station, but I should have asked DH to make one...didn't think of it.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

As you requested, you wanted posters to let you know if they saw something different than what you described.
    Well, even though your face is blurred, your facial features can be made out, and I think that anyone that knows you could recognize you. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Thanks, Robin!  

CRUD!!! I replaced the one you are describing with one that totally obscures my face, but bdc didn't like it, apparently.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from allreadymarried. Show allreadymarried's posts

ohhhhhhhhhh missed it again

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Will give you one more shot...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from allreadymarried. Show allreadymarried's posts

Thanks. I saw it!

You look great.

I have been logging pretty good!  Did get on scale and was discouraged but I am still plugging away!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Of course, someone WHO KNOWS YOU would recognize you, Kar. But I think that would be ok. Even though I can make out your features, I would never be able to recognize you, if you send me out on the street to find you. I truly don't think, you will have to worry. It is always safe to be careful, but sometimes, we can be too paranoid.
    Just one BIG question. Why and how does BDC get into your photos and change things around.
    I did see your info of how to place a pic on the Forums. But by doing that, it apparently open a can of worms. I would rather not post pictures.
    I took a nice pix of the table runner, I made for DIL. tt told me she would love to see it. But I rather not see my own picture in the pool f.ex. or the pix I took of DH and DS sound asleep in front of the TV - so I won't post it. Hopefully we can post photos again, w/o having to worry.

- Eleanor Roosevelt

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Yeah, I suppose it's not a big deal if I'm recognizable, but better safe than sorry. :)

it seems that the problem comes if you delete your first choice and post another photo - it can be changed back randomly to the first one at any time even if the new one does actually post.  It also seems that posting a second photo in another box can change the photo above it to that one.  I can't nail down exactly what will happen in every circumstance, but that's what I know now.  If you post a photo and leave it alone and don't post another photo directly below it maybe it will stay put (like my strawberry photo in the chat thread).

ETA:  thanks, allready!  Glad you saw it.  Good job logging more!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

About the scale, it can and often is misleading because it can't tell the difference between fat and water.  I've been up 3 lbs since my in-laws were here due to water retention after going out to eat a few times.  this morning, actually, I was finally down by 2 of them.  Tomorrow, I'll be back to normal.

so, if you only weigh in once in awhile you could just catch yourself on a heavier day.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from allreadymarried. Show allreadymarried's posts

I know.  I moved the scale to an easy place so for a while I can try to weigh in more regularly.  I have not been feeling my best so avoided:0

Still working out and doing some different.  My calories on I would say 4 day of the week are most likely my maintanance vs loss budget so I do know why the lbs are not dropping off.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Logging gives you that knowledge, for sure, and not to sound trite, but knowledge IS power!!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from roma-ss. Show roma-ss's posts

Kargiver,  you look great!   I am doing ok and find that even on days which are out of my control, I have been able to make smarter choices and when at end of day I logged the past two days that I was away for a funeral,  I really did ok.   You won't see me much for the next 3 weeks.  I will be away.  I will have access to on-line so maybe on those hot afternoons when you need to be indoors because the sun is too hot I will give an update.