LoseIt March 2013

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

LoseIt March 2013

Greetings, and happy March fellow calorie counters!

March is here as is the promise of Spring.  No more bundling and braving the cold.  Yesterday I had a hat and mittens, but a fleece for a jacket. 

March is my budget test of 1950 per day.  I weighed in at a full pound under what I did on Feb. first so this is 100 calories a day more than Feb's budget.  That ought to do it since 3500 calories is a pound.  However, could still be on the low side since I actually lost 1.2 lbs, and there are only 28 days in Feb.  Could I actually burn 2000 a day?!  We'll find out this month!

Best wishes, Losers!  ;)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Re: LoseIt March 2013

Kar, thanks for starting a new thread. The other one became too long.
    You are such an inspiration in our "fight against fat". Glad you keep posting, even though you made your goal and some more.
    I am on a stand still right now. I know, I need to add some exercises. Hopefully I will get a go-ahead on Monday. I am still happy with the 15 pounds, that fell off so easily. Still logging like crazy. Had dinner at friends last night, and now that I have been on Loseit! for a few months, it was easy for me to eye measure what I ate, w/o anyone noticing. Even had a glass of wine. I could have done w/o the wine, but that meant I would have been the center of attention. Besides I love a glass of wine now and then. Isn't that what Loseit! is all about? Cut down, but still enjoy.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

15 lbs, Pingo, you are doing fantastic!  You know the scale doesn't always go down every day...stay the course, and another loss will appear seemingly out of the blue due to your ever faithful logging.  

Great job at the party, too.  I'm sure you were very accurate, and there's no way I'd even consider skipping a glass of wine with dinner with friends.  It's only 150 calories...hardly a budget buster.  And, yes, indeed, it's what counting calories affords you - complete flexibility, no rules.  Just a budget and your desire to manage it.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from allreadymarried. Show allreadymarried's posts

I have been having a horrible time trying to post!

I have been logging successfully for a week!  I also on take out nights have looked ahead and planned better what I could eat.

I have not hopped on scale in over a month.  Will do that this weekend.

I am on the count to vacation in May and weekends in a bathing suit.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

GREAT JOB, ALLREADY!!!  

Be encouraged regardless of what the scale tells you this weekend.  You might not see immediate results because water retention and bathroom habits can temporarily obscure fat loss.  But, continued logging and averaging your budget will drive the scale down eventually if not immediately.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Was hoping for an update from allready...maybe you aren't able to post?  Ugh!

Also, for anyone who loves goat cheese as much as I do, you'll be thrilled to know that it's got fewer calories than any other cheese I can find (that isn't "light").  Its creamy goodness is only 80 calories per ounce (Trader Joe's plain chèvre) which is a pretty generous amount, really. I usually have 1.2 ounces on a biscuit with 1 tsp of honey (warmed to soften) for a 500 calorie breakfast when I've made them (sprouted flour).  YUM!!!!  But, I like it on about any meat, potato, whatever, and you can't get that much yumminess out of 80 calories many ways...if you like goat cheese, that is.  (DH would positively gag.)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Not much posting here. Glad to see your post, Kar. Goat cheese? I will gag along with your DH. My DIL loves it and serves it often, but I have never adopted to it's consistency. Taste is fine.

I am now 2 1/2 pounds from my goal of 20 pounds. Haven't been on the scale this morning yet, but with all the eating out this week, I am sure it hasn't gone down much - if at all. I did stay at my budget the best I could. Even with the restaurant food that sometimes is a bit of guessing. But even though, I haven't lost anything, or maybe even gone up a bit, it's ok. I had a fabulous birthday.

How are you allready and Kam2007. Are you still with us?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

WOW, PINGO!!!  More great news for the LoseIt group - that literally just fell off.  And, you didn't do much calorie/real damage in one day even if you splurged.  You will be at 20 lbs lost in no time, now!!

(Remember, 3500 UNUSED calories (not just over your loss budget, but over what you actually burn) would add a pound of fat.  Any gain from your bd dinner is from sodium.)

allready, hope you were able to see how proud and ecstatic we are for your progress even if you can't post.

kam, yes, we are here for you - how's it going?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

KAM?  Allready?  We're here for you and hoping you are able to read our encouragement even if you can't post.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from allreadymarried. Show allreadymarried's posts

Horrible time posting.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from allreadymarried. Show allreadymarried's posts

huh it worked......... figures.  Every time I write it doesn't.  Keeping brief for right now.

Scale not budging!!!  Logging going well but I am going over:(  Have to plan better.

Pingo - CONGRATS

Thanks for encouragement!!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

At least now that you are logging you know you are going over and that explains why the scale isn't budging.  That knowledge is at least half the battle.  I'm guessing if you keep it to around 1200 you'll lose about 1 lb week.  500 over that a day, and you'll stay the same.  1000 over that and you'll gain a 1 lb a week.

if you are having trouble staying satisfied on a lb/week budget, aim for a 250 calorie deficit instead of 500 per day to lose 1/2 lb per week.  That should give you about 1450 a day, plenty if you eat a lot of veggies to fill you up.

sorry you are having trouble posting - that stinks!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from allreadymarried. Show allreadymarried's posts

Yep!  I will get there.  Yes your guess would be right about the 1200 and I am trying hard to stick to that.  That is my goal.

I know I can do it just need to focus!   Hard when DH is not eating well:( But I know with simple portion control I can do better.

I wish I liked veggies more:(  Not a huge fan.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Glad to see you are still with us on Loseit! allready. I know it is a battle, when you have someone else to feed, and that someone else likes unhealthy food.
    You don't like vegetable? Try to eat them raw, or just barely steamed, so they are still crisp. Drizzle w/ some lemon juice or make a huge salad out of them. Or eat them as a snack. Carrots w/ hummus, celery w/ peanut butter etc. Canned or over cooked veggies taste and look awful.
    Try to saute them in a bit of olive oil with slivers of garlic and some red pepper flakes, if you like a kick. I love spinach and broccoli that way. Plus you get a lot of food with very few calories. My favorite is roasted cauliflower. Toss in a bit of oil, sprinkle w/ lemon pepper or pepper and lemon juice, stick in a 400 degree oven until they are brown on the edges.
    If you have a juicer you can juice them. A 12 oz. glass of veggie juice fills you up.
    There are lots of possibilities, and when you see your scale go down eating them, you will fall in love with them (I hope).

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

Frozen brussel sprouts with pepper and a little vegetable spread (Country Crock light) in the oven for 10-20 minutes at 350/400

Low calorie, green, good for you etc etc

I don't count calories so I can't give you numbers....but you can eat a big bowl full of them and get away with it!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from allreadymarried. Show allreadymarried's posts

I was having horrible trouble posting!

There are very few veggies and even fruits I like:(  I do eat them though but hard to eat a lot.  In the summer do eat a lot more grilled veggies though.

The thought of vegetable juice is making me turn my nose up:) 

I am trying very hard though to eat balanced and increase my work outs.

Thanks for the support I will get there.

The issue with DH is HE cooks:0  I am not complaining!!!!!  We both work long hours and take out is often but those days I plan ahead and use portion control.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

If your DH is doing the cooking you can still succeed by entering the ingredients and servings into LoseIt and measuring the amount that will keep you within budget.  Cream or cheese sauce, if made with 2% milk or lite blend shredded cheese is surprisingly low cal, and makes ALL veggies better, lol.  Use 1/3 cup of sauce to 2 cups of vegetables and chow 'em with joy. :)  Actually, frozen veggies with "butter sauce" are far tastier than you might imagine, and you can eat 3 or 4 servings of them for very few calories.  Add that to the great suggestions you've gotten here so far, and voila, you'll be a veggie lover!

I bought new bras today!  My old ones were literally slipping off my shoulders and ending up around my waist.  I've lost 16 lbs in LoseIt, but overall, 23 lbs since last March so obviously I need to replace stuff, and since I don't want to lose any more, I'm going hog wild replacing my wardrobe.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from allreadymarried. Show allreadymarried's posts

I have bought those steamed veggie bags and will pick some more up.  I think like you said even I eat them in small servings better than nothing and they are filling.  I am increasing my water intake and trying to eat s...l....o....w!  Which is sometimes hard.  Baby steps but I will get there.

Nothing better than shopping for new stuff.  I always find that fun.  Although sometimes hard to find exactly what you want without spending a million dollars.

You have done great!!  Thanks for the support!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Awesome, allready! You are doing well. It does take time to adjust. I am glad you at least are trying the veggies. I never thought of those steamed veggie bags, but that is a good start. Another filler is beans and lentils. 1/2 cup of canned black beans f. ex. have only 110 calories. If you cook them yourself from scratch - they have less.
    Do you like soup? Soups are good fillers too. As long as you stay with the non creamy ones, they have very few calories. I make my own in order to avoid the salt in the canned ones. Salt is not my friend. But if you don't have a salt problem, the canned ones will do.
    Just keep at it. It will pay off.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Oh, yes, soup is a great way to get vegetables in a disguised manner.  You can even have "creamy" ones if you use an immersion blender - you'd swear there was cream in many of my whipped soups.  A whipped base of baked eggplant and zucchini doesn't taste like either of them, they get so mild in the oven.  Then, you can add whatever you want to that creamy goodness.  Once in awhile I might add 1/4 cup of cream, but to a 10 serving amount it's hardly any extra calories for the smooth decadence it adds.

I just upped my budget again; it's now 2002 calories per day.  When will I find the tipping point?!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I can't eat this much...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Big problem to have, Kar. Why is it, I somehow don't feel sorry for you? LOL

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Yeah, I know...sorry! ;)

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Managing so far to stay on track with 2000 a day, but I have to be as mindful about that as I did regarding my loss budget.  I'm 4 lbs from having an underweight bmi so I have to stay on track.  (Given I'm not large boned or particularly muscular the bmi formula should be pretty accurate.)  Just had a TJ's chicken egg roll as a snack.  yum

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from allreadymarried. Show allreadymarried's posts

That is great and I can't even imagine:0

I have been logging for one week and am still going over a tiny bit.  Like I said I am the pro at keeping steady. 

Sections
Shortcuts