LoseIt May 2013

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Re: LoseIt May 2013

Thanks!!!  I agree, I didn't need to lose weight when I was my "before" photo, per se, BUT, I had gained about 4 lbs a year since getting married, and if you extrapolate, I'd have been about 80 lbs over weight by the time I'm 60 if I didn't put the kibosh on that trend.  So, I lost what I had gained and have determined to stay where I am, fit, slender, and happy with myself.  And, you recall I have a hip problem, too, that gets more painful with every unnecessary pound I carry. I'm pain free.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from allreadymarried. Show allreadymarried's posts

Thanks for the encouragement and I will continue to try.

You look great!

Love Athleta!  I have one of their skorts and do like it a lot.  So easy to throw on and run out.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Thanks!

You can do it, allready!  My mom is too frugal to buy clothes that don't fit yet; that's how well it really works once you get going full tilt.  

Yeah, that's what I love about them, too - I look put together even if just running to the store, and they are so easy to wear.  I'm short so their skorts are mid-thigh, like I want.  Like Pingo, I'm uncomfortable in anything shorter.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from allreadymarried. Show allreadymarried's posts

I am trying hard to do it and have upped my workouts as well.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I absolutely know you are trying hard, allready, and I believe you will get there and acheive your goal.  However, this approach does require 100% logging (not "perfection" in food choices, exercise, or anything else) to work, and you can do that, I know it.  You have legitimate difficulties with it, time and someone else preparing your food, but you can overcome them and log everything.  When you do, success will follow.

I HAVE FAITH IN YOU!!!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

My mom wore her next-size-down jeans last weekend that she bought in anticipation of their fitting!  She has another size of the same jeans that I think she'll be wearing in 2 months.  So proud of her!!!  It's been a LIFELONG struggle that she now has a handle on.  She's been texting me photos - stunning.  Her true hourglass figure has emerged!  I've never seen her so truely happy with herself.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Congrats to you mom, Kar. Not to look down upon your achievement, but when you reach your mom's age, it is so much harder to loose weight. I am sure your weight loss gave her lots of encouragement (as it did me and everyone else). Hope she will continue and reach her goal.

I am contemplating on going for another 10 pounds - just for good measure. Now that all the traveling and company is behind me - for now at least - it may be a good time to do it. But I will go for less per week this time. Maybe just 1/2 pound.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Thanks!  Yes, she started LoseIt after I reached my goal in December because, in part, of my success with it.  

I understand it's harder the older you get, and that is exactly why I did it now even though technically I didn't have to.  I want to maintain at 110 for the rest of my life which I think will be far easier (given I keep logging) than ever trying to lose.  If things go according to plan, I'll never be in that boat, again.

if you want to do another 10 at 1/2 lb a week, no problem - 5 months is nothing on an easy loss budget.  It's only a deficit of 250 per day.  So, if you burn 1750 you can achieve that loss rate with a budget of 1500, and I know you can do that without hunger or deprivation.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

That's what I figured, Kar. I haven't found it very difficult to maintain. And I might as well do it, while logging and colories are fresh in my mind. I have been loggin most of the time, but I have not really measured lately. I eye ball it. Not to discourage anyone else from measuring, but now maintaining it works for me.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Now that I've logged 6 months I eyeball more, too, but I'm very confident given I've measured and measured and measured........

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from allreadymarried. Show allreadymarried's posts

Kar that is great about your mother!!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Thanks!!  She is 67 and this is the slimmest she's been after literally decades of diets and tears of frustration.  Yay!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Kar, your mom is a winner in my book. Pregnancies and delivering do a lot to a woman's body. Hormonal changes. My weight gain happened during my pregnancies. Before being pregnant, I had no problem loosing. Just went on a one week's salad binge. But after my two boys, nothing worked.
    Oh boy, why did Eve eat that apple?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I know, Eve really messed things up big time!

thanks, again, re my mom...it means a lot because I know you understand even better than I do what a struggle it's been for her.  Pregnancy, thyroid, menopause, genetics...all against her.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Kar, I am  hoping, you tell your mom, that people she doesn't even know, are rooting for her.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Yes, I do, thanks!!  In fact, I'm embarrassed to admit I forget to tell you that YOU were also an inspiration to her to start LoseIt!  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

:D

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Bad news:  My cold has me way under budget for the week; I am just NOT hungry.

Good news:  We're going to a party at a steak and seafood restaurant tomorrow night, and I don't have a thing to worry about.  I've got a spare 1500 calories - "free" dinner. :)

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from allreadymarried. Show allreadymarried's posts

For me logging is getting better.  Sometimes I have to do catch up but am better.

Kar you would be proud I did measure some PB and cream cheese!  I was happy to see I was well within the serving size, actually was under.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I am proud of you, allready - that's great!  Yes, sometimes measuring actually works in our favor, lol.  I often underestimate if I don't measure because I'm afraid of the alternative.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from allreadymarried. Show allreadymarried's posts

In my case I am sure I am usually over haha.   I am trying to incorporate measuring.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Most people are way off - I think it has a lot to do with what restaurants serve as "portions."

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Pingo, when you are feeling better, you must make the Vitamix recipe for asparagus soup.  I make it with 4 cups chopped asparagus (bottoms included and unpeeled), 2 cups chicken broth, and 1/2 cup of half and half instead of heavy cream.  It makes 5 cups, 70 calories each.  2 cups is very filling and only 140 calories!  We are spoiled by it, the best either of us have ever had. I'm assuming you have the cookbook with the details...right?

if anyone else is interested, I can post the recipe tailored for doing it on the stove and with a regular blender.  

Not much out there is this rich and delicious for only 70 calories per cup!!

ETA:  whoops, it's actually only 63 calories per cup...wow.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

More soup tonight.  I wish the asparagus would keep growing all summer, but alas, it's almost done.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from allreadymarried. Show allreadymarried's posts

I tried to post all day yesterday that I would love the recipe for regular stove top please.

Sections
Shortcuts