Loseit!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from allreadymarried. Show allreadymarried's posts

Re: Loseit!

So I just signed up for loseit.  I have heard mixed reviews for both myfitnesspal and loseit but decided to try loseit for a bit and see which I like better.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Welcome to Loseit!, allready. Hope you like it as much as I do, and will see some good results. I put my first goal at 10 pounds, what is yours?
    I am on a holding pattern this morning, but we went for Chinese yesterday, so that should be expected. At least I didn't gain.

In response to allreadymarried's comment:
    [QUOTE]

So I just signed up for loseit.  I have heard mixed reviews for both myfitnesspal and loseit but decided to try loseit for a bit and see which I like better.

[/QUOTE]

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from allreadymarried. Show allreadymarried's posts

So far not sure I like it....... probably used to myfitnesspal.  Going to give it a shot and determine which I like better.

Right now I put in for a 15 lb weight loss with a loss of a 1 lb a week so states by April 2013.  I don't really need to lose 15 as much as I want to be toning/strengthening as well.  But I am shooting high:)

So starting today will give loseit my best shot.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

My mom has done two or three of them and says she likes the format of LoseIt the best.  Hope you find you really like it, too, allready.  I think the fact that it's fun for me makes it more like a game than a chore so it's easier to stay on track.

gained a ton overnight...checked the calendar and, you guessed it, she's back.  Hoping that'll be behind me before SIL and family come for NY's "Christmas."

pingo, Chinese food last night and no gain?  That's essentially a loss since you know you're retaining water. :)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Remember, if you are strength training through April, your weight will not tell the whole fat loss story.  If you want to tone, I'd recommend getting a body composition scale and measure your progress by the decrease in your % body fat as well as weight.  Fat is far less dense than muscle so if you're doing a lot of strength training as you lose fat and gain muscle your weight alone will not be a good measure of success.  Alternatively, you can measure your waist every two weeks to track fat loss instead of getting a special scale.

I know this from personal experience.  When I lost weight years ago, strength training and toning was a big part of my regimen.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from allreadymarried. Show allreadymarried's posts

100%  I have seen an increase in weight or maintain but loss in inches. 

At they gym there is a machine that I do get on every once in a while and see how things are going.   It is also showing a weird shift in water/fluid which is related to my IBS.  I have not done measurements in about a month so need to do again most likely next week.

But like you said I need to treat this like a game that I can beat:)  Hopefully though even though you both are doing so well you pop in to yell at me when I tell you I have not logged or lost:)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Allready, no yelling here; just encouragements.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I'll be here with my bull horn of encouragement. :)  

I've only maintained for 2 weeks, and I fully intended to keep using LoseIt at least a year to keep a tight lid on this for the first time in my life. I've gained and lost over and over, and I'm hoping that if I keep measuring and logging all year that 2013 will mark the end of my yo-yo'ing.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I may not have any more weight to lose, but I do have work ahead of me still.

oh, and I'm glad you are seeing already that weight is truly misleading when you are toning up.  Of course, it will level off, eventually since women can't put on muscle indefinitely.  After you gain all the muscle you can and maintain it, then weight loss will be mostly fat, again.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good morning, didn't do so well yesterday. Up 0.4 pounds. Had an extra glass of wine and the meatloaf was too good to not have seconds. So I will be back on the log, and cabbage soup today.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

To have gained a half pound of fat in one day you'd have to have eaten about 1700 calories ABOVE your maintenance (not loss) budget that day.  Otherwise, it's a temporary water retention gain.  If you are staying within your maintenance budget you aren't gaining fat even if the extra sodium and sugar are causing fluctuations.

I'm sure if you avoid all salt and drink tons of water today you'll see it dip back down tomorrow. :)

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I'm having to remind myself of the physics of fat loss/gain, too, because it's that ugly time of the month.  There's no way I've consumed 7000 unburned calories as of late - I haven't even come close to eating my maintenance budget.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Just met another successful Loseit! looser. One of my son's friends, that is visiting today. He is a runner, and couldn't loose. He was never heavy, but felt for a runner he was. Then he found Loseit! and started to log. He was shocked, how many calories he took in every day. Got on a budget and lost 20 pounds this fall. He is on maintenance now, and is still logging. And his stats has improved tremendously.
    I am still holding :) Up and down 0.2 pounds. Nothing to worry about.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from allreadymarried. Show allreadymarried's posts

Well I am sticking to myfitnesspal.

I have logged and done OK.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

As long as you log, I don't think it matters whatever program you use.
    Happy Anniversary!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from allreadymarried. Show allreadymarried's posts

Thanks.

I agree.  Used to myfitnesspal.  Have been logging but sometimes having to catch up. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Pingo, loved your DS's friend's success story!  And, your success, too - great job maintaining through all your special entertaining!!!  (Lose is what you do with weight, loose is what your pants become)

allready, whatever works for you - they all work on the same principle of calories in, calories out.  My friend who lost the 50 lbs this year used livestrong.com.  If you are measuring and logging everything you'll be sure to add your success story to the thread in 2013. 

I, too, have maintained since Dec 15, no problem, still about 2 lbs under my goal.  Woo hoo!  A fun way to count calories...who'd have guessed?!

I wonder if we'll get new contributors for New Year's resolutions...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Happy New Year to all losers. May we have a successful 2013, getting to our goals.

I thought I blew it last night. It was NYE, and a family celebration. I didn't want to sit and move my food around the plate. So I thought, so what if I gain some; it will come off. Had 2 Cosmos, a large baked potato w/ butter, 1-1/2 lobster, steamers, oysters, a slice of pecan pie w/ whipped cream and champagne at 12.
    I danced around the scale this morning, knowing I wouldn't like, what I would see. My eyes popped. 0.2 pounds down. Yea!

Kar, I know about lose vs loose. It was a typo - LOL. But thanks for putting it to my attention.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from beastsgirl. Show beastsgirl's posts

I t

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Lol, Pingo, I wondered if it were a typo. :)  You are obviously consistently eating less than your maintenance budget hence the loss.  Just think how easy it will be when everyone is gone!!!!

I ate like a gigantic PIG today for Christmas # 2 with SIL and fam.  P  I  G.  At least there is the rest of the week to undo the damage.

bg, welcome - what did you mean to say? Are you using a calorie app?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

WARNING! WARNING! WARNING!
    If you are trying to diet, don't do Dim Sum. Up 2 pounds this morning, but DH was up 4. Has to be water weight. Was drinking oceans of water yesterday, so thirsty afterwards. But boy, it was so-o-o-o good.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

It's very high in sodium.  You didn't eat 7000 calories that you didn't burn yesterday.  I'm up 2 lbs today, too, from a meal high in sodium and sugar last night, too.  At 500 over maintenance, though, the max fat I could have gained was 1/7th of a pound.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

You really put the calories in their right place, Kar. No, I didn't eat 7000 of them over my budget. LOL

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Pingo, speaking of warnings, I put the 4 ribs of the RoL I had when my cousin was here into LoseIt, and it was 1100 calories for the 4 sp I'd assume 275 each rib/chop.  I entered your recipe so that includes the stuffing.  I ate a 1750 calorie dinner that night!  It was delish, but man, I had to make up for that red bar day.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

OH Lord! Thanks for the warning. I will have just one rib for taste, and let the guys have the rest. I am not going to log until tmw., and then it will be fulltime.
    The Dim Sum was just water weight; came off this morning. Still 0.4 over my lowest. Will have to work on that over the weekend.
    Also, I am thinking of changing my goal to 20 pounds. This diet being fairly easy, I think that is manageable.

Sections
Shortcuts