Loseit!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Re: Loseit!

Fabulous, allready - great job!  I know you can do this all the way to your goal.  As trite as it might sound, keep looking forward, forget what is behind.  The more you log, the more in control you'll be, and success will follow.  Keep us posted!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

And, yes, thinking you are on a diet does work against you.  Have you read all the fabulous foods Pingo and I are eating?  We aren't on any diet, are we?  We are eating what we want in measured portions that actually leave us satisfied both emotionally and physically.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

GREAT, Already. You fill find it will get easier and easier. We tend to eat the same thing over and over again, and it will already be on your "list". It will show up and you just log it in. Like f. ex. you have coffee, cereal and a banana every day for breakfast, you just have to enter "coffee"
    and the entire breakfast will show up.
    Also, don't deprive yourself of anything. Yesterday DS stopped at Sonic for ice cream. I had a small Java Mocca Caramel. Ate 4 spoonfuls and that was enough to satisfy me. The rest went in the garbage, but better that than me.
    Keep it up, and you will soon see results.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Pingo, it's so funny how you and I do the exact same things with this!  I will either toss something (like ice cream) in the trash or pack it up for another day.  If I'm home, I leave things out for later and get "free" (pre-entered) snacks out of it.  I never ever just stuff anything in no matter how good it is if I've truly had enough, and "enough" really isn't that much anymore.  I thought I ate a ton of that lobster dish with my SIL, but when I looked it up I really hadn't (in terms of my maintenance budget and how far under I am every other day).  I'm so used to limiting pasta and such to 1/2 cup at a time that 2 whole cups seemed like an enormous portion!  But, before LoseIt, I would have stuffed in at least double that - it was there and soooo yummy, and we both left it...none of the seafood, though, that was GONE! :)

see, allready, we are both proud of you!  Ramping up is nothing to be ashamed of, but PROUD of. Every change in the right direction is awesome, and this is about each one of us and our health and well being, not a competition between us.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from allreadymarried. Show allreadymarried's posts

Thanks for the support.

I know what to do I am in healthcare.  But easier to preach:)

I have my goal and need to meet it!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I've known what to do for the last 15 years.  One day it just became what I really wanted to do.  Until it did, it wasn't going to happen.  And, I think it's the same for everyone in that respect.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Anything happening here?

I am having success having bumped up my budget to 1800 and defining exercise to be zero calories so it doesn't subtract any.  I'm exercising just as much, but now I'm using LoseIt to only make sure I eat 1800 a day.  It's hard for me to evaluate too well, though, because it's been that time of the month since I made the change.  So, in the next few days we'll see how it all shakes out.  If I drop to below my lowest I'll know 1800 isn't enough, and if no change that means I've found what is at least closer to my budget than what I was eating.

What's going on with everyone else?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Hi Kar, I didn't have much to report, thus the silence. I haven't been on the scale since I left Boston. The only thing I can report is, my pants are getting looser and looser. Yea!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

You have turned the food corner having broken it's control over you - you have control over it!  I'm so happy and proud of you!!  Looser pants can only mean you've done extremely well, and I know you didn't deprive yourself. YAY!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

I hopped on the scale this morning after 10 days of not weighing in. 10.2 pounds down from my original weight. Got my 10 pound badge. Yea! And that was just by logging for the past 10 days. It shows how important it is. I knew, I was losing as my pants got looser and looser. Love this program, and will stay on it for another 10 pounds.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from allreadymarried. Show allreadymarried's posts

Congrats!

I have been better at logging but not 100%

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good! Keep it up, and you will see results.

In response to allreadymarried's comment:

Congrats!

I have been better at logging but not 100%

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from allreadymarried. Show allreadymarried's posts

You must be dedicated that is for sure!

You both have done wonderful and that is great.  I hope your next 10 fall off as quick!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

CONGRATULATIONS AND GREAT JOB, PINGO!!!!!!   I know you'll sail right along to your next goal because the habits that got you this far will keep serving you well, and you have no risk of changing them.  (LoseIt adjusts your budget as you lose weight so you won't hit that usual plateau.)

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

As for me, I've been logging faithfully and maintaining my weight since mid December so I'm confident that my daily ups and downs are non-fat related fluctuations due to water, bathroom, etc.  So, another big step - I'm going to weigh in only on the first of every month.  As you noted, Pingo, if we log we are in complete control, and I will continue to do so the rest of the year so I can't think of any reason for me to weigh in every day, now.  

I'm enjoying logging very much - I'm up 175 for the week and have today and tomorrow to be down by that much to keep my daily average to budget.  No problem!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Big step indeed. But I have no doubt, it will work for you - as long as you log. I was down another pound this morning. Probably just water retention from traveling. I am toying w/ the idea to just weigh in once a week now. Will see how it goes this week. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Pingo, I think you'll be totally safe weighing in once a week.  Like you say, if you log 100% and have a proven track record of being accurate, the scale is practically irrelevant...it's all about the budget numbers.  

Yup, eating out, traveling, etc. all makes you retain water.  When you get back in your regular groove you'll even out and start dropping at your tried and true pattern.

I'm going shopping as soon as I go east for lunch.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from allreadymarried. Show allreadymarried's posts

weighing in everyday is good and bad............  I did yesterday and today and the exact same to the ounce.  This is with a week of consistent bathroom time.  Now last week hoped on and whoa I should have starved myself for a week at what it said.  But I do know me and knew it was not the truth.  Yesterday and today is my truth.  Ole steady.  Good and bad as we discussed.  But I will get there.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Allready, bathroom habits are part of the non-fat weight story, but water is, too, and it fluctuates wildly given how much sodium, sugar, and water you've ingested.  

Before official weigh ins, if you restrict salt and sugar (refined) and increase water for two days, on the morning of the third day post restroom you'll be your "real" weight.  Between official weigh ins, rest assured that while my calories literally average to 1 calorie away from budget, my daily weight fluctuates by 2 or 3 lbs.

So, the moral of the story is that the numbers you can really trust is the calories, not the scale, in the short term.  That's the main reason logging 100% is the key to success.  You have to know what you are taking in a lot more than you need to know your daily weight.

and, just so no one is misled into thinking I'm amazing by not weighing in every day, which I'm not!!, I still get on the scale every day, I just don't officially log it into LoseIt except on the first of every month, now.  Mostly because so many people are following my profile that I get "that's ok, don't worry" comments for temporary gains and "yay" comments for temporary losses.  I'm frankly tired of giving the same "Thanks, but this is how maintenance goes" speech, lol.

oh, and I'm not losing, anymore.  Seems 1850 (a feast every day!) works for me.  LoseIt guessed 1650, clearly way too low for my activity level.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Got burned today - went to the diner planning to ice skate later, and Gracie messed up my plan by  not knowing to AVOID my SKATES.  So, there went that idea.  oh, well, tomorrow is another day and it's net calories that matter, thank goodness.

Every morning I'm afraid my small clothes won't fit, but when I dare put them on they still do.  I've got serious "issues," lol.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from allreadymarried. Show allreadymarried's posts

It is always a struggle.  With IBS the bloat I can get (and I do often) hampers the fit of clothing as well.  Oh and my weight..........  When having a bad spell I know what clothes to avoid as anything tight around waist makes it worse!

I am still struggling with the logging and losing.  One day one day fellow losers:0

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

If you log you can rely on the calorie numbers and successfully ignore the scale which is reflecting bloating from IBS.  The more you log the more in control phyically and emotionally you'll be.  no judgement here, just saying that the benefit of logging 100% is probably far bigger than you might be imagining - it will go far beyond acheiving your weight goal.  The emotional control it gives me is priceless because I get bloated, too, and if I can review my calorie situation and see I'm running at a few calories away from budget (on average) I can dismiss the 2 lb gain as water for sure.  IBS is a biitch, but it doesn't have to derail you any more than my period used to.  

I'm still logging everything and unofficially weighing in at 4 full pounds under my original target, and buying clothes that fit at this weight since I have no plans to gain those 4 pounds.  Bought a pair of Woolrich jeans that fit like they were made for me, and a Spring jacket that does, too.  I'm heading East today and will hit Nordstrom (sale only!!!) if I have time (Gracie).

had a migraine yesterday and hated to have to add nearly 500 calories of CRACKERS for dinner to the log, but, hey, that's life, right?  I had room to spare so no harm done, but still, what a waste of good calories.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from allreadymarried. Show allreadymarried's posts

I know and need to do it.

Ok said it before but let today be the first day of me trying to log everyday and everything.  I want to shed this what I consider excess weight!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

You can do it!  

I am 2.5 lbs heavier this morning than I was yesterday.  But, due to the log I have no reason to freak out because I know that I haven't recently consumed 9000 calories over my budget (what it would take to gain 2.5 lbs of fat).  In fact, I haven't eaten any over my budget so not one ounce of that gain is fat.  Salty food (hotdog and chips to be exact) is the culprit and nothing to worry about.

That knowledge and the peace of mind it affords me is one big factor that keeps me logging faithfully.  The other, of course, is the ease of maintaining my weight, but gettting off the emotional roller coaster is huge.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Had 1500 calories for dinner tonight!  Youza, I feel kinda sick.  At least I'm still at a deficit for the week by 500.  I'll be retaining water tomorrow - I think I ate 3 days worth of salt in an hour, lol.

Sections
Shortcuts