Loseit!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from allreadymarried. Show allreadymarried's posts

Re: Loseit!

It is nice to do that every once in a while!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

And, what a bonus to know for sure I didn't do a lick of damage. :)  Strangely, I didn't even retain the water I thought I would, or if I did, it's obscuring a fat loss because the scale didn't budge, and it was the saltiest meal I've eaten in ages.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I'm keeping my resolve to only log my weight once a month in LoseIt, but for al my decadent indulgences, I haven't gained an ounce since falling 4 lbs below my original goal.  And, I have the reason - just ran LoseIt's summary program (which is accurate because I've logged every bite since starting) and it says my average daily calorie count is literally ZERO away from budget.  This summary covers all my budgets from loss through maintenance (I've increased my maintenance budget a few times and settled at 1850).

For being 1000 calories over budget one week and a few hundred under for a few weeks here and there it makes sense that I'd average close to budget, but EXACTLY?  Yay!!  And, that explains no change in weight over the last 6 weeks. 44 more weeks of logging to go to make my ultimate LoseIt goal.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

You are so amazing, Kar, and such a support to the rest of us. I need to find the summary. Didn't know it existed.
    When you explain it, everything sounds so easy, and that is what have kept me going. 13 pounds down all together. Thanks pal.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

It IS that easy!  And, you, too, are living proof.  13 lbs?!  That's EXCELENT, and you are doing it by logging, not depriving, just like I am.  I'll take a look at the browser version of the tool and see if I can find that report.

ETA: unfortunately, the online version differs in this respect from the app.  If you go to the topics at the top of the page you'll see "Reports" and under that you can choose "over/under calories" or "net calories," but sadly the actual numbers are not reported.  you can change the date range on the charts to show the chart for the whole time you've been there, though.  And, I see an option to export to excel so maybe if you do that a summary number will be generated.

however, your success already betrays the result.  The actual number just confirmed what I already knew from my logging and my weight.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

How are you doing, allready?  I've been thinking of you and hoping what we intend to be encouragement is actually encouraging you.  I know you're frustrated with the inconvenience of logging, and if I were working I would be in the same boat...it's a real and difficult hurdle, but we know you can do it.  By "easy" above I mean "uncomplicated."

DH will be away a week, and I'm planning to order Chinese and have a measured amount for dinner about every night the whole time.  No harm done if I weigh, measure, and log everything.  It'll be a high week of sodium, of course, but drinking enough water will take care of that.  Woo hoo!  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from allreadymarried. Show allreadymarried's posts

Hanging in!  Thanks for checking.

Yes, logging still a struggle but giving it a dedicated shot.  This morning did have to add in last nights dinner and I was under.  Also I know I had more calories to eat because my work out was not logged as it was a pilates class which is more strength training.  Today I have no prepared foods so will have to try and log as I eat throughout the day.

Good for you and still eating what you want

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I know it's tough, and for having my time be my own makes it a lot easier.  I don't want you to feel judged by our success and faithfulness.  Our circumstances are different.  Not that you can't be successful, but it is harder.

So, congrats on getting a tighter and tighter grip on logging.  You do sound encouraged by feeling more in control for making the effort.

Eating what I want is the best part of this non-diet!  Me and my measuring cups are in control. :)

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Saving calories for the Chinese food fest tonight. :)

I know meatloaf is on the Pingo's Valentine's table - allready, are you and DH going out to celebrate?  

I hope everyone has a wonderful Valentine's knowing that any calorie overage can be taken care of over the next few days with deficits equal to however over budget you go, no worries.  Say it with me, "It's net calories over time that matter!"

time for a light lunch...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from allreadymarried. Show allreadymarried's posts

Not sure what we are doing if anything tonight for Valentines's Day.

We may do take out and dinner later this weekend.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

That's two of us for takeout, one for meatloaf.  Have a romantic dinner wherever you are and whatever is served!  (DH and I already had ours Sunday.)

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from allreadymarried. Show allreadymarried's posts

Thanks.  Sounds like you enjoyed yours the  other night!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Mmmm, we sure did, thanks!!

Looked up and pre-entered my dinner - 0 calories over budget, 100% happy!  1 cup mu shu pork (500), 1 pancake (90 at p.f. Changs), egg roll (222), Tbl hoisin sauce.  Whoops, forgot the duck sauce for the egg roll...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from allreadymarried. Show allreadymarried's posts

That is great.

More so that you could control and not over indulge:)

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

If I can use a measuring cup to make this happen - stay within budget and not run out of food for the next 5 days - I'm happy to do it that way!  There was a time I'd make myself ill, but it wasn't any more fun, I gained real weight, and had to find more to eat later.  So, it's not as much will power as just doing what REALLY makes me happy.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Had an eggroll with duck sauce, 1/2 cup of kung pau chicken, 1/2 cup mu shu pork with hoisin sauce (no pancake), and a fortune cookie for about 775.  I'm 75 under budget; maybe I'll have 1/2 a glass of wine. :)

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

1/2 glass of wine?  Why bother.... :)

You need at least 750ml for medicinal purposes!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

LMAO!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Kar, hope you enjoyed your wine. Some people don't understand other people drink wine for pleasure.
    We had wine last night w/ the meatloaf. I did go 100 points over my budget, but it was so worth it. I know, I will be under during the weekend. Usually only have 2 meals. Brunch and early dinner (early means around 6:30 - not 8 or 8:30 as is our usual dinner time). The scale is still going downwards.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I'm sure she was kidding about the wine - you know what LMAO means, right?  Laughing my assss off. :D

You are embodying the whole point of counting calories - over one day, under the next couple, it all evens out if you keep an eye on it and are purposeful about your net.  That's why the scale keeps going down and you get to have what you want.  Literally having your cake and eating it, too!  Great job!!!!

almost time for a cup of Chinese food for lunch!  Had a light breakfast in preparation.  Then, off to burn 1000s of calories at my friend's house.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

How is you Chinese take-out diet holding up, Kar? Still a few meals left? Shoveling snow, will up your budget. I went on the bike (well they call it a Life Cycle, and much more comfortable than the antique one, we have downstairs) at PT yesterday - 15 minutes, but could have continued. Not many calories burned, but it felt good.
    Slowly going downwards. But I don't really care how long it takes. Not allowed on the eliptical yet. It's sitting there waiting for me.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

Kar,  I hope  the Chinese food is MSG free,  as a migrainer I can't go near the stuff.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Thanks, that's true.  I love it so much that I risked trying our local joint when I moved here and it's a thumbs up.  Good thing, too,  for how much I've eaten and still have left.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Lest anyone get the impression that I'm perfect in LoseIt, heaven forbid, I am currently 1465 OVER BUDGET for today.  Oink, oink, oink!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

It didn't stop there...sigh.

anyway, I'm fasting today and have been drinking green tea since I got up.  That will flush my body of all the sodium and give me an 1850 calorie dent in my overage of the week.  I'm glad I logged it all; as always, I know exactly what I have to undo. :)