Loseit!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Re: Loseit!

Agreed re smoothies.  We actually make Standard Process shakes.  With the unsweetened vegetable/whey powder, three servings of fruit, water, and a Tbl of flaxseed oil they are 500 calories.  SP used to only be distributed through healthcare providers, and we got it through my aunt, but recently it's become available on amazon.

www.standardprocess.com

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Feeling like eating like a cow...the dreaded PMS is upon me.  Apologies to any men lurking, lol.

However, staying in check because I might be going East tomorrow or Thursday for lunch out with a friend.  Need to stay under budget until then so I can eat whatever I want and have a nice pint, too.  I haven't seen her since the week I started LoseIt so I'm eagerly anticipating a reaction to my being 2 sizes smaller. :)

Oh, and my friend who has lost 60 lbs has decided that she'd be happy to go for 10 more.  She's not super thin and could afford that if she wants so I'm behind her 100%.  She's on fire!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Guess I'll continue the conversation with myself...hello?

Anyway, I've been over budget a couple of weeks and still slowly losing so I increased it again to 1890.  Wondering at what point I'm going to stop; as the weather gets warmer I burn more calories.  I can see 2000 calories/day on the horizon.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from KAM2007. Show KAM2007's posts

Well, 1 week in and 1 lb down! Wish it was more, but I'll take it!

I still have trouble eating my 1200 calories a day, and those alloted to me when I work out. once again today, with everything I plan on eating and exercising, I still have 400 calories to eat...guess some wine with dinner!

Kinda hate DH, he dropped 10 lbs in the month we swtiched from dinner plates to salad plates-he's done nothing else. (though very happy for him too)

I'm trying to find good lunch options, my go to is those single servings of tuna with a little light mayo and relish...for all of 140 calories...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

The Mediterranean Diet is more my style,  I've been doing it for years without even realizing it!

My weight only fluctuates within 5 pounds, I am slender.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

KAM, that's fantastic!  I lost a pound a week or so when I was losing, and I think that's the healthiest way to do it with as small a chance of ever regaining there is.  Men lose faster because they have more muscle mass and that causes their resting metabolisms to be higher.  And, if he were in the habit of eating 500 - 800 extra calories at night and quit that would explain his drop quite easily.  You probably weren't over eating by THAT much every day to begin with. So, try not to compare to his rate...it's really not fair.  You are doing awesome, and at a pound a week, you'll lose a good 10 before shorts season. :)

We eat a lot of whole grains, and I'm especially into sprouted grain right now, Robin - check it out.  Ezekial flour on Amazon...not much is more Mediterranean than that, lol.  I make biscuits that are really yummy and it takes 10 minutes to put together and 14 to bake.  Google "big daddy biscuits" and it's the first one that comes up.  I weigh the flour - 4.25 oz per cup.  DH is on a strawberry shortcake kick, and we use these biscuits instead of actual shortcake.  No sacrifice in taste or texture in our opinions.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from KAM2007. Show KAM2007's posts

We do Mediterranean diet by nature in our house-esp considering DH grew up in the Mediterranean. My cholesterol/blood sugar is amazing...now the number on the scales just needs to be as impressive.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

We aren't of that descent, but we both love the cuisine.  Our garden eggplants almost all meet a baba ganoush fate, lol.

I'm not fluctuating in weight at all - drifting ever downward such that I'm about 5 - 6 lbs from being considered underweight medically...and where did my booobs go?  Hopefully, ~1900 keeps me from losing any more.

Argh, still pouring, but must take Gracie for her walk.  Man, I want to skip it today!  But, she's snoring in front of the stove right now...not a good thing as far as her (or us) sleeping tonight.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Has your metabolism gotten thrown off, Kargiver?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I don't think so, tt, I just didn't realize how active I really am every day and how much I burn as a result.  What I should have done, I guess, was set it at 2000/day when I hit my goal, but LoseIt started me in Maintenance at 1650 so I was afraid to second guess it.  We'll see what happens at nearly 1900 and increase it again, if necessary.

Just got back from an abysmal walk (from my perspective - Gracie had a ball) in the rain/sleet/snowy/windy mess.  What I do for that dog!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

(copied and pasted from this morning's cc chat for anyone just following the LoseIt thread)

Tomorrow is weigh in day in LoseIt (I've self imposed a "first of the month" weigh in), and it looks like a lost a pound this month, net.  So, that translates, roughly, to being 100 calories a day under my actual energy requirements.  So, bumping it up by that much ought to translate to a month of no loss, no gain.  Examining the numbers monthly really crystalizes what's going on so I can narrow in on the target.  We'll see where things stand on April 1st, and hopefully this is no joke. ;)

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

It sounds like you have found the calorie balance, Kar. Good you are not losing any more, and good you decided to make up for your 4 miles walk every day. That is a lot of calorie burning.
    I am on a stand still these days. Did lose another 5 pounds - so that is 15 all together, and I am happy for that. I am hoping, when they let me loose on the elliptical, the pounds will start coming off again. Right now, DH is enjoying the machine and I am just watching.
    I am doing well with my PT. These new girls are wonderful. They started me very slowly, doing just a little bit at the time, without me hurting. The old place, I went to, gave me lot more difficult exercises with too many reps, and I was always hurting doing them. They treated me like they would a 25 years old. Flattering, but not so good in the big scheme of things.
    The original pain has subsided, and I feel I am getting stronger. I can't run up and down stairs, but I can climb them fairly comfortable, if I do it slowly. That's a biggie for me.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

i,ve lost 15 lbs since jan 7th on loseit

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Yeah! Congratulations, Icer. And you did this in secret, at least from your chat friends. Isn't Loseit! a phenomenal easy system? Do you have more to go? If so, best of luck forward.

I am still struggling w/ the last 5 pounds, but I am not allowed to do any exercises right now. Have doc's appointment Monday. Hope he gives me a go ahead. The boys gave me an elliptical for Christmas, and I haven't been able to use it. Had bad problems w/ my left hip; severed a tendon and couldn't put weight on it. PT is making it better.

In response to icer's comment:

i,ve lost 15 lbs since jan 7th on loseit

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from allreadymarried. Show allreadymarried's posts

Congrats.  You ladies are all doing so well!!!

I on the other hand have stayed steady and struggle with logging.  I have logged the past three days and other days I do log some but not all.  I need to at least write everything down as well.  I know I can do and you are inspiration.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Thanks, allready!!  

I am proud of you for being mindful and acknowledging that logging will be the key to your success.  It's going to come together.  Be patient with yourself and take pride in not gaining.  That is a success of more mindful eating.

Had a great lunch out and did well calorie wise, too, depsite having a particularly dark, heavy beer weighing in at a staggering 200 calories for 12 delicious ounces.  Worth it!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Icer, I missed your exciting post - that is awesome, great job!!!!  Sorry just acknowledging it now.  Welcome to the LoseIt thread and congrats on your success!  

I'm still experimenting with my maintenance budget, but I'm fairly confident my latest adjustment is "it."  1950 is an absolute feast after my loss average of 1200.