Loseit!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Loseit!

Kar, I am starting a new discussion. The chatters must be tired by now, reading about our calories. Hope the ones on it on the toddlers tread will join us.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Re: Loseit!

Hi!  I'm "kargiver" in LoseIt; you can friend me if you want and track my progress.  It doesn't show actual weights, just goals, i.e. 10 lbs, and progress.  I'm in the 10 lbs to Go and We're All in this Together clubs.

walked today for an hour and 10 so I've got a hefty 550 left for dinner.  I entered my butternut chicken soup, and that's only 135 per bowl!  I can eat like a queen if I'm mindful.

good luck and I'm so happy you tried it!

yes, all the online tracker app users are welcome...myfitnesspal is popular, too.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

How do you deal with the frustration of monthly water weight?  I hate having to log a gain that I know isn't real or a sign of failure.  It's discouraging even though I understand the cause and that it's temporary...unless I make really bad choices for a week.

We're off to bank some calories on a long walk.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

I know, how frustrating that must be, Kar. Even though I am long over that stage in my life, I am a bit frustrated myself this morning. I have been stuck at the same weight for the past 3 days, even though I have not gone over my budget. Need to eat more diuretic food, I think. I have always been a water retainer. Must make a huge pot of my cabbage soup. Cabbage, carrots and tomatoes are all diuretic food.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Thanks, Pingo.

I have to drink a LOT more water than I want or I retain, too.  Given you are within budget that has to be it - put out all the water you want to drink on the counter and guzzle some every time you go by.  That's what I do, anyway, and it works great!  And, yeah, cabbage soup will do it, as you know.  Maybe drag out the juicer, too, until you blast over the plateau.

I earned 160 calories walking just now.  it was cold and windy, but I was thinking about how much I could eat if I kept going, lol.  The smaller I get the less I burn out there...oh, well, that IS the ultimate goal, right?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

vacuuming and walking got me comfortably 300 under budget yesterday and I logged another loss this morning.  My scale measures in 0.2 lb increments and it waffled this morning between X.8 and Y.0 so I'm guessing I must be X.9, lol.  Yes, I'm that obsessed.  I logged the final resting spot for the scale (Y.0) so hopefully that assures another loss soon.

making plans to go to lunch tomorrow with a friend who usually wants to go to a buffet place...maybe we can skip the buffet this time and go somewhere safer.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

I bought a large bunch of asparagus on our way home from shopping and sauteed them in a bit of oil. That was my dinner last night. It finally broke the plateau and showed a nice 1.2 lbs. loss this morning. I don't use salt at all in my cooking, and I think not eating at home, is what cause the water gain.
    Buffets are dangerous, even though one can do with salads, shrimps and veggies f.ex. GL tomorrow.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Indeed, there's tons of hidden salt in restaurant food even when you think you've chosen "safe" food - definitely was a water thing, and I'm glad you finally saw the fruit of not having exceeded your budget.  That's a good lesson in sticking with the program even when it seems like it isn't working!  CONGRATS on another 1.2 lbs!!!  

I'm 3 lbs away from my wedding weight (do you remember my wedding dress photo? I'm almost there!), and there's no way I'm chowing down at a buffet.  Just this second got off the phone with my friend and he agreed we should go somewhere else, somewhere quicker and not so fraught with calorie pitfalls.  

I know I sound like a broken record, but LoseIt is a godsend...can't believe how easy this is.  I'm so happy we're doing it together, Pingo!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Agree, agree, agree! I love it and I love it more, that we are doing it together. You will be done long before me, but you can still check in on your maintenance.
    I have done calorie log-ins a couple of times before, but they never worked for me. Loseit! makes it a lot easier, so one can stick with it.
    Of course I remember you wedding picture. I think you posted it so someone could see your shoes?? Your hair was long and set up and you were entering a car or limo. 3 lbs. from your wedding weight, that is quite an achievement. You will get there. When do they say that will happen on optimal conditions?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Thanks!!  Yes, I will definitely stay with you when I hit maintenance mode...I'm never going to stop counting so I never gain, again.  With LoseIt I feel it's entirely reasonable.  It says I should reach my goal by December 9, I think.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Just got off my stepper and earned 262 calories!  Later will go for a walk for another 140.  Yahoo!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Wish I could add some more walking, but unfortunately my left hip won't let me. It has gone from bad to worse. Right now I am on 800 mg Motrin (sodium) 4 times a day, in order to function. Have appointment with the bone doc Thursday morning. I may have to have the inevitable, unless there is another option. Let's see, what he says.
    Kar, you are doing fantastic; I am so proud of you.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Pingo, that's such a bummer!  If he says hip replacement, though, at least relief will be on the horizon.  Of course, I hope there is a more holistic option that works.

thanks for the encouragement!  I didn't get that walk in, but at least the stepper earned me a decent dinner. :) 

It will be tough, but you can reach your goal by diet, but make sure your timeline is realistic for not being able to add calories to your budget due to exercise.  If I couldn't walk or step I'd pick the slowest weight loss rate program so as not to restrict too many calories.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Had to log a slight gain this morning for "that time," but I'm determined to not let it lead me to make bad choices all week.  I'm endeavoring to stay under budget all week so when this is over I'll see a huge drop one morning!  (That's not usually what I do, lol. Chips, crackers, chocolate, anyone?!)

I built a small tofu burrito with brown rice, Pingo beans, mango salsa, and guacamole on the Boloco website, and it came to 485 calories.  that leaves me 400 for dinner.  Easily acheivable with a bowl of butternut chicken soup.  I've already entered it so I can't get something else.

gl today, Pingo!  Thanks for going on this journey with me.  I hope your hips get taken care of ASAP.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from allreadymarried. Show allreadymarried's posts

I am joining in if you don't mind...........

I am on myfitnesspal and do find it helpful but a pain in the butt to log all the time.  I am trying to lose 10 lbs and am stuck at the same weight for a long time.  I do work out regularly and am starting to change up my routine.  I am not a great eater.

Well today is a new day!  I leave for vacation in 2 weeks so won't be where I want by then but still always feel good when I am there as I do tend to eat well and work out.  Spring is my goal!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Welcome to Loseit!, alreadymarried. I don't know anything about the "fitnesspal", but assume it is similar to Loseit!. I love Loseit! as it is to easy to use, which make me stay with it.
    Those nasty last 10 lbs. is a real pain to lose, and this is the first time, I actually have seen results trying.
    Good luck with yours. Hope you will be able to stick with it during your vacation. Try not to gain anything and then start again, when you get back.
    I haven't been on the scale yet this morning, so nothing to report form here.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from allreadymarried. Show allreadymarried's posts

I think I may be one of the lucky few that do not gain on vacation.  At the very least I maintain if not lose a lb or two.  I work out at least 3 times a week when on vacation and tend to be active with swimming etc.

I think when you are trying to lose weight you are more hungry and fixated on it.

Like I said I do work out regulary so am trying to change it up a bit.  My goal is to eat more regluarly and not deprive myself.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Welcomecompel come, allready!  

The last 10 is always tough for simple physics - it takes fewer calories to fuel your regular activities than it did when you were heavier.  So, eating and doing the exact same things don't result in weight loss, anymore.  That's what's so great about these programs - as you log losses, the budget of daily calories goes down so you are assured success if you log everything conscientiously.  I find the time and effort to log religiously a small price to pay for such easy success.  

Today I had to delete the burrito I thought I'd have and add what I ate at, yes, our regular buffet place.  I did really well and will only be 150 over budget for the whole day which keeps me far under my maintenance amount so I didn't do a lick of damage. :)  Sushi isn't very high in calories, and I stayed away from the fried options...it was tough...I love tempura.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Between the sodium yesterday and you know what, I'm pretty upset.  Trying to focus on the facts, that I haven't possibly gained real weight over the last two days, and tomorrow will be a brighter day after I guzzle all the water I've laid out for the day...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Oh, Kar. Sorry to hear that. Too bad your friend insisted on the buffet. What kind of friend is that anyway? I enjoy buffets, but it is a killer as far as calories are concerned. With your perseverance this will just be a be a small stop on the way. You will get there eventually.
    I almost hate to tell you (even though I am delighted), that I recorded a nice 1.2 lbs loss this morning. My body is funny. I stay the same for a couple of days, then I suddenly drop a good amount.
    Hope you will avoid your migranes this time.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from allreadymarried. Show allreadymarried's posts

I only weigh myself maybe 2 times a week as it can be very discouraging.  I have also taken measurements as the number on the scale does not mean everything.  I have lost some inches in certain areas which is great.  I do lift and muscle does weigh more and takes  some time to even out and see a loss on the scale.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

He didn't insist, I changed my mind.  Didn't blow the calorie budget, either! :)  Actually, he's the best kind of friend - we've been friends since I was 20 and he was 30...just as close now at 40 and 50.  

Thanks for the encouragment, Pingo, and congrats on another great loss!  I, too, stay constant than boom I lose, again.  No change in calorie consumption.  Never apologize for reporting your success - I'll always be happy to hear it!  My problem right now is monthly, and my mood is down because of that, anyway.  

Allready, I also measure my waist.  The scale is a terrible day to day measure, absolutely.  I have a body composition one so that helps, but it's not entirely accurate because it works by measuring resistance up one leg and down the other - upper body isn't taken into account.  good job incorporating weight lifting - great long term way to keep your metabolism humming along.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from allreadymarried. Show allreadymarried's posts

It is a constant struggle.  I maintain very well:)

I work full time as does my husband and neither of us are good meal planners.  I am trying though!  My goal for the new year is to have a menu for dinner at least 3 nights a week and lunch for all 5 days of work.  We do dine out a lot but I can usually order well and I have my plate taken away from me or I put my napkin over it.  Doesn't bother DH which is great.  Also I am not the cook in the family.

Weight lifting is key or body exercises in general and I do both.  I really want to be more toned in addition.  All a gentle balancing act.

You have done great but also eat very well.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I cook extra for dinner and put it away in dh's lunch containers.  In the morning, I just pull out a balanced meal from the fridge, cut up some fruit, throw a serving of nuts in a bag, and there's lunch!  On the nights you cook, cook for six instead of two - it's hardly any extra work, but you get leftovers to eat as-is or repurpose until you cook again.  Instead of containers that hold everything, use lunch portion sized ones.  I like one and three cup glass ones with locking lids.  If you do this the three nights a week you cook, you'll stretch out the home cooked meals far beyond three days.

as for restaurants, I always end up with two meals.  You can ask the waitstaff to bring half of everything on your plate and the other half put in a doggie bag right from the get go.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Kar, I hope you realize, I was just kidding about your friend. I know, he must be a good friend, or you wouldn't bother to travel across the state to meet him. LOL.

In response to kargiver's comment:
    [QUOTE]

He didn't insist, I changed my mind.  Didn't blow the calorie budget, either! :)  Actually, he's the best kind of friend - we've been friends since I was 20 and he was 30...just as close now at 40 and 50.  

Thanks for the encouragment, Pingo, and congrats on another great loss!  I, too, stay constant than boom I lose, again.  No change in calorie consumption.  Never apologize for reporting your success - I'll always be happy to hear it!  My problem right now is monthly, and my mood is down because of that, anyway.  

Allready, I also measure my waist.  The scale is a terrible day to day measure, absolutely.  I have a body composition one so that helps, but it's not entirely accurate because it works by measuring resistance up one leg and down the other - upper body isn't taken into account.  good job incorporating weight lifting - great long term way to keep your metabolism humming along.

[/QUOTE]

Sections
Shortcuts