Loseit!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Re: Loseit!

Yeah, I should have know but I'm feeling extra sensitive this week, you know. ;)

just walked an hour after doing the stepper this morning, and my legs are dead.  But, I have a net calorie total of 66 calories today.  Almost came back earlier than planned, but glad I pushed it.  Yeehaw!  I think tomorrow's weigh in will see me back on track...I hope after all this exercise and water.  I've had four liters of water and 32 oz of coffee today.  Spent half the day in the bathroom, lol.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Back down to my lowest since starting LoseIt this morning so have 3 of 10 lbs to go.  Found out LoseIt calculates your end date every time you do a weigh in so it's always based on your current weight and calorie budget.  Can't recall what my target date is, but given it's less than a month away I shouldn't have another huge gain in the meantime.  Seems we're not having kids so I wish I'd just go through menopause and be done with this rollercoaster.  Sorry if that's tmi.

pingo, I'm so troubled for your hip issue knowing it's so hard to make the budget without exercise.  Yesterday I added 600 calories to my day.  I didn't eat it all back, but having a cushion sure does help.  However, I know you are determined and know all about nutrient dense, calorie light food - you CAN do this!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Recorded another small 0.3 lbs loss this morning, so things are going in the right direction. I know exercise would speed up things, but you know both the hare and the snail reached the finish line. Slowly but steady are the words.
    I also noticed, that Loseit! recalculate your calorie budget and the end date every time you record your weight. So far I had no problem staying w/i the budget. I eat, what I want and don't feel deprived. But like you, we have always eaten healthy.
    My concern is the holidays, when the boys will be home. That will be a challenge. I may not loose anything, but at least I will be ahead of the game if I gain (Yikes!) a few.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Pingo, another 0.3 lbs is reason to pat yourself on the back, and the more slowly you lose the less likely you are to regain as you know.  Good job!!

as for the holidays, I made it through Thanksgiving by measuring 1/4 or 1/2 cups of everything.  I went over budget for my goal rate, but stayed under my maintenance allowance so I didn't do any damage.  If you want some room, change your goal to "maintain" until the boys are gone.  Then, you will have a much larger budget but if you stay within it you will not gain an ounce.  Then, change it back to your desired lose weight rate.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Another stand-still this morning. Not that I am disappointed. I am staying below my budget, so I know, it will come off eventually. Now with my new cane (hate it already), I will try to put in some more walking. Or I will dust off the stationary bike downstairs. Sitting doesn't hurt.

I have also found a palatable drink to up the water intake for me. Flavored Polar Seltzer. It has no sodium, no sugar or sweetener and no calories. It comes in several holiday flavors. Right now, I am drinking Eggnoc flavor. Earlier I had Granny Smith Apple flavor. Delicious. I am carrying a bottle with me, wherever I go. I just can't do plain water; makes me nauseated.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

We drink so much flavored seltzer we have Poland springs deliver it monthly - 13 cases a month! Eggnog?  Must try that - I love those spices.

YES, be patient - it drops off suddenly after a run of good logging.  I can't explain it, but it works that way for everyone.

including me!  After week of PMS bloating but staying on track I lost not only the water but another real pound.  So relieved.  I'm 2 lbs away, now, exactly.

it will happen the same way for you, just hang in there with the budget.  It's discouraging until it does, I know, but you know it's coming.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Cane?  How did I miss that?  Maybe that will help take pressure off so you can heal?  The bike is great - put in a movie and torch calories for an hour.  That's what I do on the stepper...lose myself in a movie.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Yes, Kar. To offer support and to take off the weight of the leg. If you have never walked with a cane, you will nevr know, how hard it is. I espeacially don't like I have no free hands.

On another note, I found this chart on the net. I find it super helpfull: http://www.caloriecountercharts.com/chart1a.htm

Not to forget, congrats on your weightloss. That is just awesome. I am so happy for you. I know, how hard you worked on it. 2 more lbs. to go, and dieting is off FOREVER. Yeah!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Had my cabbage soup tonight. It has only 55 calories /cup (according to my calculations), and I feel full with just 1- 1/2 cup. So that is only 82 calories, the same as 1 c Minestrone Soup on Loseit! DH has 2 cups and feel full.
    I still haven't figured out how to do my own recipes on the Loseit!, so I calculate them and find something else with the same amount of calories.
    If you are interested in the recipe, I will post it here. It is very tasty and satisfying.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Thanks for the congrats!  I feel great and hope it persists to the morning weigh in...scared it was a fluke.  I haven't seen that number for a couple of years.

walking with a cane will get easier; it takes practice.  I've hiked with walking sticks...similar.

to enter a recipe in LoseIt, hit the "More..." option at the bottom of the screen.  Then, choose "Edit Foods and Exercises."  From there, choose "Recipes," and it will be intuitive from there...add the foods, tell it how many servings it makes, and then it's there.  Then, when you are logging and want to log that you ate some of one of your recipes, instead of Search, choose Recipes, and you'll see it there.

however, I'm sure you are very close (close enough) with your estimate of 82 calories for a bowl of cabbage soup.  Thanks for the supplemental calorie site, and I'd be interested in the cabbage soup recipe, thanks!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from allreadymarried. Show allreadymarried's posts

I need to sew my mouth shut:)

I am not a horrible eater but I LOVE rice/pasta/potatoes. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

You need a food scale and measuring cups!  I eat all those things, but I weigh the potato and keep it to 5 oz (20 cal per ounce), and eat 1/2 cups of other starchy things.  No problem!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Even a huge 10 oz potato is only 200 calories...what's the harm?  Fill the rest of your plate with less starchy stuff, save the pasta for another day, and you can fit those things into your weight loss plan very easily.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from allreadymarried. Show allreadymarried's posts

I will have to say as much as I want to lose and tone I will most likely never officially measure.  I do try to "eye" servings and not go back for seconds.........

I need to concentrate on eating more structure meals eat day.  Breakfast, snack, lunch, snack, dinner, water all day.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Recorded another small loss this morning. Cabbage soup always make me lose. Kar, I must be blind as a bat. Can't see "more" anywhere. Is it on the home page or under goals or reports?

Anyway here is the recipe:

In 1 Tbs. of olive oil saute 1 teasp. crushed red pepper (more if you like) and one medium size diced onion. Add a carton (32 oz.) of organic low salt chicken broth and a can (14 oz.) organic low salt diced tomatoes. With 1 cup of water, rinse the carton and the can and add. Then add 2 carrots and 2 celery sticks, sliced plus 6 cups of sliced cabbage. Bring to boil, lower heat and simmer for at least 1 hour. That gives you 8 cups with a calorie content of 55 calories per cup.

The soup is filling and 1 and 1/2 cup is fine for me.

Alreadymarried, I have cut out rice and pasta for a long time (don't really care for either) but I love my potatoes. A baked potato has only 145 calories if you eat the flesh only and 220 w/ the skin. And a pat of butter (35) and 1 Tbs. of sourcream (25) add only another 60 calories. That is less, than if you eat a loaded salad w/ dressing.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Sorry, I just figured out you are using the browser version, not an iPhone or iPad, Pingo.  go to Settings at the top, then Recipes on the top left. ("More..." is a main option on the iPad version of the app.)

the soup sounds great - easy, delish, and low cal!

indeed, I love counting calories because nothing is off limits.  If you want potato have it.  

If measuring isn't your thing, try measuring just a week.  Eyeballing can get you into trouble if you are off.  Your body processes exactly the amount you actually eat, not what you think you eat.  If there's a discrepancy you'll be shooting yourself in the foot and not even know it, and 65% of people who count calories underestimate.  Once you've measured everything you typically eat and see exactly what a perfect half cup, 1/4 cup, tablespoon, etc of your favorites look like in your dishes you can have more condifidence in your logging.  Of course, if you are losing weight at the rate you want by not measuring, whatever works is great!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Yea! I figured it out - thanks!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Great!  Sorry I misled you regarding the process - I never thought to check how the web page is set up.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

No problem. I had so much fun this afternoon, writing up some of my recipes. It is so easy, when you get to - lol.
    I am so surprised, that several I thought were loaded, are not bad at all. The Baked Scallops I am making tonight f.ex. only weigh in at 390 calories per serving, with butter and bread crumbs an all. Having that with coleslaw - yes, cabbage again - another 90 calories. I will be way under my budget today. Guess I will have a glass of wine.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

The scale didn't move this morning, but that's ok. That's the way it is. I know it will tomorrow. As long as it doesn't go up, I am happy. Have cabbage soup for lunch, and left over scallops for DH. I just love that soup; could eat it all day.
    Kar, how far are you from the finish line?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I'm so glad you are getting fun and helpful use of the recipes function, Pingo!  Good news about the scallops - I love that you can have whatever you want like this, like your wine.  I do the same thing. :)

like your experience, I'm on day 2 of the same weight so I expect a drop in the next day or so.  As it stands, I have 2 lbs to go.  I'm feeling essentially like I've made it, but I won't change my setting to "maintain" until I reach the goal for real. But, I can wear all my clothes aside from one tiny pair of jeans that are a tad snug.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Wish I could edit on the iPad...meant to ask how far you are from your goal.  I know it's frustrating to not be able to exercise the way you'd like.  

I work for food, lol.  Burned 360 this morning on the stepper so I got an almost free lunch.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

4.4 lbs. from this goal. Not bad. With it going this easy, I might go for another ten. Preparing for a cruise we are gong on beg. May.
    I have a feeling, DH and the boys are giving me an eliptical for Christmas. Lots of hush, hush. And once I dropped off something on DH's desk, I saw elipticals all over his screen, which he immediately closed. I kept mum.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Oooh, exciting!  I have a bone malformation that hurts my knees and hips, and my elliptical is something I can use pain free.  I hope that's coming your way and that you find it works the same for you and accommodates your hip problem.

4.4 away is great!  Another 10 after?  You can succeed at making any goal you set.  Your budget will keep going down as does your weight, but what of it?  You can do it!!!

My last 10 really is my last 10.  Any less would cause me to be underweight.  Well, technically I could weigh 7 lbs less than my goal and then would be literally on the underweight-normal weight line, but those 7 lbs make me far too skinny...you can count ribs at that point, and my b00bs would disappear.  Not exactly what I'm going for!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

haha! Can't have a b00p less Kargiver.  Everyone always know, what weight on feels best at. It isn't even healthy to be rail skinny, and it looks awful as well. I keep reminding myself of that. LOL
    I used our sons eliptical while there w/o any problem (at least no hip problem, just very sore muscles). I actualy liked it. So that is why, I am very hopeful, it will give me some way to exersise. DH keeps telling me to sign up at a gym, but I kow myself well enough to know, I am NOT a gym person.
    I know, it works for a lot of people, but whenever we visited one to take a look, I got the goose bumps. I am not compulsive, but I don't want to share equipment with people, I don't know.
    Tried the bike this morning for about 3 minutes, but unless I get another seat, I can't do it. It was really hurting my bum.

Sections
Shortcuts