March 2011

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

March 2011

Happy March!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Re: March 2011

Happy March, indeed.  Lots of birthdays and anniversaries in my family this month, starting tomorrow with my oldest son's.  A busy month.

Your linguine looked delicious, Kargiver.  Did hubby enjoy it ?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Happy birthdays to the tt family!!!  DH's and his dad's are this month, too.

Thanks - I thought it was the best yet (4th pasta making venture), but DH was so tired when he got home (10:15) he was practically ill.  He had a single pancake instead.  But, he's looking forward to enjoying it tonight.  I'm glad it's all done; I have chores to do now that the sun is shining and the roads are dry.

I shaved a bit more off of all Gracie's nails today.  She's doing so much better with the process; she lets me manipulate her paws so I can see where the quick begins.  Finally, nail cutting isn't a horrible, one or two nail a day process.

Looks gorgeous out - have a great day, everyone!

~kar

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Happy March from me too. I always feel the winter is over (yeah, I know) when March arrives, with the daylight savings change and the longer and brighter days.

Sorry to hear your shoulder is bothering you, tt. Hope you will be feeling better as the day goes by. Did you get to make your Hermits yesterday?

Your linguini looks delicious, Kar. Labor of love! Would it be easier for you, if you made them only half as long? I always break mine in half, before I put them in the pot. Easier to cook and easier to eat. DH must have been so pleased.
    Re TV. Yours could just be  a "lemon". We know, it happens with all technology. If you were happy with this TV, no need not to buy the same one again.

After Costco I stopped by at TJs yesterday. Here I picked up 3 frozen pizzas. One cheese, one spinach and one mixed veggies. I am prepared - our unannounced company can come now.

Going to work today, but first I have to go back to Costco to pick up the crochet book.
    Hope you all will have a good day - Pingo

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Good morning!

I made the linguine pretty short, but it stretched as I pulled them apart.  I think I  need to use a tad less water in the dough.  It's scary to have "break the attachment" hanging over my head, but I think I can reduce the moisture a bit more.

That's great you have your TJ's pizzas ready to go!  You'll enjoy your visits, now, no pressure. :)

GL getting your book - I hope they are still there.  $15 is a good buy; I'm pretty sure I paid over $20 for it at Michael's quite awhile ago.

~kar

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

LOL- I opened the chat without looking at the title and automatically looked for the "last" button.  Oops! 

Yay for March!  It was actually kind of nice out for this morning's romp.  It was actually more a meander today - Puppy went to work with DH yesterday and seemed to still be worn out.  Kar - I will ask DH about your TV tonight.  I went out with a friend after work and he was already sleeping when I got home last night. 

It's pasta night chatters!  Kar's linguine, I'm going to make shrimp scampi.  Anyone else?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Thanks, Nov.  No worries.  We're not buying until the weekend at the earliest.  Wouldn't DH love to bring Gracie to work!  How does your DH take care of the puppy at work?  Scampi...oh, I'll have to do that next time.  I have nice, big frozen shrimp on hand.  Enjoy!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Good morning everyone...I am back and Hawaii is gorgeous.  I haven't had a chance to catch up but hope that everyone is well. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Welcome back, Winter!  Could you post a couple of pictures for us to drool over?  Congrats, again!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Welcome back Mrs. Winter! We are all eagerly waiting to hear about your wedding day. Glad you enjoyed Hawaii. - Pingo

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

Welcome back Winter!  Can't wait to hear about Hawaii, and the wedding, and the house!

DH recently re-did his shop.  It used to be only car-friendly (he does car audio and home systems), but now there is a little waiting room complete with couch, TV, computer and kitchenette separate from the garage. On days when DH goes to clients' houses, puppy stays home.  But on days like yesterday where DH was at the shop all day, puppy can hang out on the couch when DH does paperwork or is on the computer and stay in the waiting room while he works on the cars.  He has his own drawer in the file cabinet full of toys, balls, bones and treats and has bowls and a blanket that we keep there for him.  It was always part of our plan for him to go with DH when he could, but now it's actually feasible since he doesn't have to be watched like a hawk every second. 

Yesterday I even got a special treat when DH and puppy came to visit for a "coffee break."

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Isn't it great when they grow up enough to be FUN?  Yay for DH and his remodeled puppy-friendly shop. :)

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

I don't have any pics of Hawaii yet, but let me see what I have here from the wedding...a co worker handed me a disk a little while ago.  The wedding was everything I hoped for and Hawaii is gorgeous.  We took the NCL cruise which is a great way to see it.  When I have more time I'll give a better update. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

When he was designing and building it, he kept pointing out the puppy friendly elements to me.  It was so cute.   He really thought it out knowing he would want to bring Jax with him.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

November, what a lovely set up for both daddy and the pooch. I am sure they give each other good company. - Pingo

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Kar, I have a question for you. Have you ever used the delayed start on your bread maker? I have never done that. I usually bake, when I am at home. Just wondering how the bread comes out. - Pingo

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Yes, I use it quite often, Pingo, and the bread turns out exactly the same no matter how long I set it for.  It's max is 13 hours so I assume that's as long as it can go and not be affected. 

Funny story, though, we thought it would be terrific to wake up to the smell of fresh baked bread so I set it to be done when we got up.  Our master suite is on the first floor, not too far from the kitchen in an open concept cape. Well, we didn't sleep a wink after it started kneeding, resting, kneeding.......it just doesn't STOP!  LOL  So, I only use the timer when I'll be away when the bread is supposed to come out, no more overnight breadmaking!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Haha! That is too funny. I am not thinking of doing it over night, but during the day, when I am away. I am a light sleeper, so I would definitely be awake all night too.
    Do you by any chance have a recipe for a crusty Olive Bread? PB son loves it and I was thinking of making one for him, when he comes this weekend.
    I am kind of thinking of doing, what I did last with the raisin bread. Stop the machine, take out the dough, roll it out and sprinkle the rosemary and olives, roll it up again and put it back in the breadmaker to be finished. Or simply do the dough and continue from there. What do you think would be better?
    - Pingo

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I've never made anything in it other than the bread and the pizza dough so additives are a complete unknown to me.  I'd have to just go by the instructions in the manual, sorry!  I'm sure you'll do it so it comes out perfectly.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Welcome back, Mrs. Winter.  Hope you can post some pics.

I've not been able to post.  Tried several times before going out this morning.  Messages just disappear into the air.  Have had no response from Dottie, so apparently it's only a concern to me.

Did you get your book, Pingo?  I was up to Costco this morning too, had to pick up a script.  Were you in there when the mother had the screaming child with the high pitch scream?  My gawd, tried to get a  look at "it", but she had a couple of other kids in tow too, who were pushing it in a separate carriage while she filled another.  From what I could see she wasn't making any attempt, nor were the kids, to appease or reassure the screamer.  Not sure it it was an infant or what.  By the time I left it was getting hoarse.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Congratualtions Winter!  I am so happy you had a great time.  Can't wait for pictures!
    Winter, I would LOVE to take Amber to work, but not too many companies allow it.  Too bad, animals are great stress relievers.  Correction:  ONLY if they are trained properly. 
    tt, I think Dottie did mention your issues in another post?  But it doesn't sound too promising to me.  They are blaming it on IE.  Tons of people use internet explorer, so hopefully they can fix it.  A bit puzzling on how it could be the browser...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

My apologies tt.  I went back and it was a while ago that she responded.  I haven't had any feedback recently either. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I've had it.  Have logged in 10 times today, and watched 7 posts disappear into the air.  I quit.  Stay well everyone.

P.S.  I will get in while I can, and add, I have enjoyed chatting with all of you, we've had a lot of laughs, shared a bundle of knowledge, and helped each other through some tough times.  I'm leaving only my best wishes for all of you.

Toytrumpet, March 2011

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

Oh my goodness!  Has TT really left?  I hope not. 

Sometimes I wish puppy could come to work with me too Amber, but I don't think I'd get much done.  He likes to play all the time, and while we certainly have the hallways for fetch here, I don' think it would go over well.  Just as well - coming home to him is my light at the end of the tunnel. That little butt wiggling makes the day melt away.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

tt, I am very sad you are leaving.  I am glad you will check in once in a while, but it is truly ridiculous what you go through to post.  I am going to ask Dottie what is being done. 

November, nothing like those little tails going crazy!