March 2011

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Re: March 2011

Oh too cute for words!!  They both look so comfortable and trusting.  They know they have a great home....  Congrats tt!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

love, love, looooove the pictures

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

So cute, tt. Thanks for taking the trouble posting them. Desmond looks just like our son's female cat. Will be going to visit her in about a months. Smile - Pingo

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mothermitzi. Show mothermitzi's posts

Adorable pictures (and cats) tt.  

mothermitzi

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Adorable new grand babies tt.  I can't wait until we get a kitten...the name is all picked out depending on what they look like :)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

What names do you have picked out, Winter?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

Those kitties are keeeeeee-ute!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Cold, no frigid out, to me today.  Most of the snow has disappeared, but now I don't dare open the back storm door, it's so swollen.  Had a heck of a time getting it closed last week.  I'm hoping 3-4 days of warm weather will take care of that.  As it is now, I have to go out the front door, around the drive and out back to fill the feeder.  Which reminds me, had probably do that now before tomorrow's predicted rains start.

Being able to get on reasonably often today deterred my great plans I had for the day.  Now tomorrow I'll have to get back in gear.

Have a packet of Bears Creek Chili - never tried it before - just add water and tomato paste.  Sounds good to me on a grey night like this.  Still have to make my Irish Soda Bread.  Maybe I can get that done before supper so I can have a piece with.  Nice chatting with you all today.  Cheerio is up and mewing at my feet, walking back and forth to the door.  Has to show me she's ready for her supper, just in case I don't get what she's trying to tell me!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Wonderful to have you back today tt.  I hope you have good luck tomorrow too.  I am leaving early as Amber has her yearly checkup after work with a new vet. I found one around the corner from my house and it came recommended.  Makes me feel better I have one close in case of an emergency.  You and Cheerio have a good night.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

tt, I'm a big Star Wars fan, so if it's an orange kitty I want to call him Chewy short for Chewbacca.  A black  kitty would of course be Vadar.  A white kitty would be R2.  And if kitty is a tabby cat I'm thinking Luke or Leia...I know I'm a geek. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

LOVE those names, Winter.  It's great to think outside the box.  One of my sons was over today and when I pulled up the pics to show him, he said Norma is a Maine Coon Cat.  Emailed G.T. and he said worker at Shelter had said the tufts of hair at the ears and under paws was a good indication that she is.  They had a beauty of a cat for 19 years (tho she hated me from the get/go) and she was a Coon too.  G.T. said they can tell already that Desmond is going to be a porker!

Thanks, Amber.  Obviously I enjoyed myself today too, hardly got 2 feet away from the computer!  Chat tomorrow, I hope.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Ohhh, he's handsome!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Supper's almost ready - - - -

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

tt,
    So nice to see you back, I hope it will last like FOREVER. We missed you so.
    Bear Creek Chili? I would like to know, how you like it. I have made their Chicken Noodle Soup in a pinch, when I had nothing else to sent with DH for lunch. He likes it, but I think he would like the chili a lot better. I just never made it, b/c chili means some kind of meat for me.
    GT's cats are just adorable. Make me want to get one. You must visit and play with them often, so they will not "hate" you like their previous cat.
    Your hamburger soup is on our menu tonight. DH decided, he wanted to loose some winter "fat" (only God knows what fat), so we are on a soup regimen these days. Not that I mind at all. Love all kind of soups, and I could loose a few myself.
    Sorry, rambling away - just so happy to have my dear friend back. Have a nice evening - Pingo

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Chili was delicious, Pingo.  In fact, I called my son who lives in town and left a message for him to stop by tomorrow for a container of it and a wedge of Irish Soda Bread.  It's hot and spicey, no actual meat, but I did check the ingredients and it does have beef flavor.  Wonderful to have on the shelf for a pinch.  Makes a big pot, too many individual containers full for me to freeze.  That and my semi-warm soda bread with a wine glass full of cranberry juice cocktail hit the spot.  Just the right combinations.  It seemed good to me to be back too. Ache counted and said I had 13 postings today!  Snuck a couple more in he hasn't seen yet.  Hope tomorrow is as good a day.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Mmmm, soda bread!  What a picture for a magazine, tt!  Yes, so good to have you back.

We make our chili with ground turkey, Pingo; would that be to your liking?  I think you can sub it in any recipe you like that calls for ground beef.  

SIL had surgery on the "other" side today to even the girls out.  Must call and see how she made out momentarily.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

O.k I need a few folks for a walk down memorie lane. Does anybody remember last year when I posted the "King cake you can make"..well I saw today that Pillsbury is selling the differet colored icings to go with their Cinnabuns..so...you guessed it..You can make a King cake!!!

Just wanted a little validation...cyberly...around my area..my phone is ringing off the hook with folks saying,"I remember you made that with the kids"

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

You know, there are people who scan these threads, Icer, I think particularly for recipe ideas.  Yes, you were the first to post that idea, and now Pillsbury is capitalizing on it!  They have the wherewithall and finances to do that. I saw a variation of my lemon cake pie in a magazine recently - they put it in individual ramekins instead of a pieshell.  Also the Birds Nest recipe was on Rachel Ray's a couple of weeks ago, different filling, she was using spinach and cheese, I believe.  But the "spaghetti nest" was the same.  All's fair in love and food??  Each raised my ire at first, but - what are you gonna do?  We're foolish enough to put out our ideas, and big companies take them and run.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

I wasn't angry..I was flattered..oh ya.and I thought it was funny

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Flattered?  They didn't give you any credit, I'll bet.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

Puppy got invited to two St. Patrick's Day parties, but doesn't seem too thrilled with his outfit.  I'm sure a little scrap of corned beef with make this better.  =)

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

OMG, how cute is that!  What a good natured pup to let you pose him like that.  Here I was thinking Cheerio was long suffering with all the snaps I do of her, but money tucked under her chin while she naps is nothing to a big green bow around his neck!  He's beautiful, such a gorgeous shiny coat.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Ohh, Jax is one handsome pup!!  Love the bow tie even if he doesn't.  Gracie would tolerate it, too, but she'd wonder what on earth got into Mommy.  And, yeah, food makes everything tolerable. :)

That photo of Cheerio and the money was so creative!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Tried to start a new thread with this news, but no button.
    Thank God you aren't in Hawaii or traveling its islands now, Winter.  A giant quake and tsunami has hit Japan and is headed for the Hawaiian Islands, expected to hit within the hour.  The western coast of the US is also on alert for the tsunami.  God was  looking out for you, Winter.  So glad you're safe.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from beastsgirl. Show beastsgirl's posts

goodmorningeverybody! It's going to be a rainy one, It shoiuld get rid of the grey, ugly, snow that remaind. On the downside for us is that we had leaking in the guest bedroom, and in the finished basement from the last storm. we have a lot of repairing to do before we put the house on the market. Everybodies pet pictures are sooo precious! november, such a cute picture for St. Paddy,s. Will check in later. bg