March 2011

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Re: March 2011

tt, I wrote to Dottie on Talk to BDC.  I hope she reaches out to you and they put your issues on the front burner.  I would truly hate to see you go, you add so much to this forum..

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Oh, my, tt!!!  My friend, we'll miss you!  I can't believe you're signing off for good...it can't be.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

tt, I wish your problems could be magically remotely fixed.  Will miss you and the  Lily cookies...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

Stop worrying

She aint goin' no place

Trust me

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

Mornin All, TT I know the mornings are sometimes easier for you ,so I hope you get to read this. I am sorry for all your trouble, I know you are quite spirited but there are limits to everyone's patience. I certainly understand your frustration. I am shaking my cyber fists at the cyber being that is impeding your progress

March is a great month for a lot of events, one of my favs is the time change...I just love it when it starts be light out longer...Can I get a HOORAY for that?!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

HOORAY for light and the promise of Spring!!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

This is a sad morning! I can't imagine tt not being here. She and I go back to before Lilly was born, and she is 6 years old. You posters are talking about BDC trouble right now? tt and I kept the ship sailing with tt as the captain, when there were real trouble and all other posters at that time abandoned it. We lost several great contributers then. I will surely miss her.
    I am hoping, she will miss us more and try to come back. In the meantime, I do hope BDC will get their act together and try to fix, whatever is wrong. I don't think they have tried hard enough. And I am not talking about you, Dottie. You have been a diligent spokesperson for us in this mess. I am talking about the company, BDC must be paying a good size of money for such a poor service. - Pingo

ETA. Now, that I think more and more about it, I do believe tt's problems has something to do with her computer or browser or how they are set up. Just wish someone could fix it for her. Not heard of anyone having that many problems. Do you?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Well said, Pingo! 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Good morning.  I really hope tt isn't leaving.  I hope everyone is well.  I went to see Bon jovi last night so I'm pretty tired here at work.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

I hope tt doesn't leave either.  I requested BDC to put tt's issues on the front burner.  We'll see...   If I had to continue to log in and have posts disappear that I am trying to send, well then, I think I would disappear too...  Let's keep our fingers crossed BDC is on this..  November, I LOVE Bon Jovi.  I am so jealous...  I bet he was great : )

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

I agree Pingo.  IE is too commonly used for there to be an unfixable glitch.  If others are havign the same problems as tt, BDC is going to lose more readers.

Kar - I taked to DH about your TV.  Without HD he said it doesn't really matter if you choose LCD or plasma. It's your preference on the sharpness of the picture, which you will see on the store displays (you really see the difference in regular def to hi-def).   LCDs are going have brighter pictures and have less burn-in.  They are also better for video games if that matters to you.  He suggested you go to Costco, Best Buy and Walmart to price shop, but stick with the brand names (Sumsung, Panasonic, etc) b/c they'll give a better picture quality.

We have Panasonic plasmas in our house.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Thanks, Nov!!  That's soooo helpful.  I can't wait to read your post to DH.  Thanks, again, and thanks to your DH, too. :)

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

HOORAY for light and the promise of Spring!!!

Thank you

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

You're welcome, kar. I hope it helps.  You are always so helpful sharing information, I am glad to return the favor.  GL picking out your new set.

Oh, and Icer, BIG HOORAY for it being lighter longer!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I'll never ignore a call to give a shout out to SPRING!  I can feel myself getting lighter and happier just knowing it will climb out of the 20s, possibly past 30s, most days.

We're actually moving into the "what to do about the wood stove" part of the year.  Too warm to keep it going, too cold not to.  Not that I'm complaining (ever) about it warming up, but it is a daily dilemma that comes every Spring and Fall.

Thinking about tt and wondering if she is chaining away learning her tension or replacing her muffin and hermit stash...what will we do without her?

Any plans?  Not sure what the day will bring, but I think it's a weather imperative that Gracie and I get out and do something fun even if it's just walking around the center of town socializing.

Have a great day, all,
    ~kar

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Kar,
    Have you been heating your home all winter by your wood stove only? If so, I am so envious of you. Look at the oil prices these days.
    Have a good day with Gracie. How wonderful to be able to "just walk around to socializing" without actually have to run errands.
    I miss tt already - Pingo

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

No plans for me - just getting my work done and getting through the day.  I know I was complaining about being busy, but this week has been quieter and its making the time drag by so much more slowly.  At least it gives me some time to look up events and adventures to plan for my mini-vaca with Mom.  Only 8 weeks until take-off!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

We do heat the house exclusively with the wood stove, but not our hot water.  The oil furnace kicks on for that.  Well, actually, I shouldnt' say "exclusively" - that just applies when it's cold enough to do so.  There are times in late Spring and early Fall when it's in the 50s during the day and 30s at night that we just don't light the wood stove at all because it gets too hot no matter how little you try to burn - it takes a critical amount to keep it burning; less than that, it just smolders 'til it goes out.  At that time of year the oil does the job here and there as needed.  Indeed, it's not cheap. Our wood is free; DH cuts it from our property and takes trees down for the neighbors if they need any removed.  Good deal for both parties!

Yay, Nov, only 8 weeks!  We only have 4 weeks 'til our FL trip...I better go work out.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Kar, that is truly wonderful.  As we are complaining of oil prices, our wood stove friends are complaining about the wood prices.
    Certainly, your free wood is worth all your inconveniences.
    - Pingo

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

It is a huge effort, God bless him - DH is out there with the tractor and a chain saw taking trees down, cutting and splitting the wood, and stacking it.  It takes much of the Fall.  But, not only is it free (with respect to our finances, anyway), the work is something he truly enjoys, and I think it keeps him young.  He'd rather be splitting wood than on the phone behind his desk.  'Course, it helps that he has a hydrolic wood splitter, but still.  Wink

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Yes, indeed bless him! Most people do not know how much work and effort goes into any project. Whether it is crocheting or splitting wood. That is the reason, I could never commercialize my handy crafts. - Pingo

In Response to Re: March 2011:
    [QUOTE]It is a huge effort, God bless him - DH is out there with the tractor and a chain saw taking trees down, cutting and splitting the wood, and stacking it.  It takes much of the Fall.  But, not only is it free (with respect to our finances, anyway), the work is something he truly enjoys, and I think it keeps him young.  He'd rather be splitting wood than on the phone behind his desk.  'Course, it helps that he has a hydrolic wood splitter, but still. 
    Posted by kargiver[/QUOTE]

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Yes, isn't that true?!  Anything we don't have first hand experience with seems so much easier than it is, especially when watching a master at it.  And, I agree with you about the yarn work, too.  People who say, "You should make those to sell!" think I'd spend 30 hours making a bear I'd only be able to charge $30 for?  I appreciate the compliment for sure, but like you say, they just don't understand.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Kar, I sew/stitch too. I make some of my tops and dresses. When friends ask me if I can make something for them too (yes, I do like the compliments), I decline. Then they come back and ask if I can do alterations for them. Again, sorry "no".
    Some time ago a neighbor and good friend asked me to shorten a full circle dress for her. She bought it and had to wear the next evening. She was in a pinch. I just couldn't say "no" (well, now I can).
    I learned my lesson the hard way. It took me an entire day. Full circle is very difficult to do. You have to do it by hand and still, it is difficult to get it just right. When I called her that the dress was ready to be picked up, she told me, "Never mind! Will pick it up tomorrow. I am going to wear one of my old gowns, I like it better."
    I was ready to cut up the dress in tiny pieces. She moved away and we are not friends any longer - Pingo

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

ARGH, my blood boils for your circle dress effort for naught.    People just don't care about time, effort, or money that isn't THEIRS to spend.  No problem spending somenoe ELSE'S.

My mom just asked if I'd make a bear for a work friend of hers having a shower.  Uh, no.  She's not even actually friends with her, just going to the shower as a work "friend."  Was she kidding?  Yeah, it was nice to have her want to give it as a gift, but she totally understood when I declined as I explained I didn't want to spend 30 hours of work on someone she wasn't even friendly with.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good for you, Kargiver! I know it was your mother, but I am still surprised, she would ask you.
    Better get my butt off this seat and go to work  - Pingo.