March 2011

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Re: March 2011

My mom has never seen me make one.

Have a good afternoon!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

It's very quiet on the chat without tt. 

Ok here is one photo that I have at work from the wedding...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

Nice picture Winter..Thank you for sharing...and yes, its quiet w/o TT

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Oh, you're just glowing (evident even with 1/2 a pretty face!), and I love your dress, simple and elegant.  Your bouquet is a lot like mine was - my avatar photo makes them look yellow, but they were ivory.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Beautiful Winter...  you have a wonderful smile!   I miss tt and Cheerio : (

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mothermitzi. Show mothermitzi's posts

Lovely dress and bouquet winter.  Congratulations.  Glad you enjoyed Hawaii.  I've never been.  When I retire, I want to take an extended trip there and on to Australia.

Bet it hasn't been easy getting back into the groove.  At least you had a nice break from the cold weather. 

mothermitzi

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

Awww... Winter, your smile says it all!  I hope your knee behaved and you were able to dance!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Awwe thanks guys.  I was going for a Audrey Hepburnish look...my updo was a modern french twist...maybe I'll post a face picture and then one of the back. I loved my flowers....there were 36 roses in shades of ivory, cream and beige.  We  took a couple of outside shots and I was wearing a fur wrap and they came out great.  :)  I don't have those here but I will try to put more on a CD.

As for the knee...I did need to ice it the second we got to the hotel but it was fine.  After day 4 in Hawaii it was hurting, but I'm sure after a couple of PT sessions it will feel like it did before the trip.

mm, I'd love to get to Australia one day, but the 12.5 hour travel time to Hawaii was brutal I can't imagine any monger.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

We got married in November, and my FMIL gave me a fur wrap to wear (and keep, actually!), but it was so warm that day I didn't end up needing it.  Glad your knee behaved and didn't put a damper on your day and honeymoon!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

In Response to Re: March 2011:
    [QUOTE]This is a sad morning! I can't imagine tt not being here. She and I go back to before Lilly was born, and she is 6 years old. You posters are talking about BDC trouble right now? tt and I kept the ship sailing with tt as the captain, when there were real trouble and all other posters at that time abandoned it. We lost several great contributers then. I will surely miss her. I am hoping, she will miss us more and try to come back. In the meantime, I do hope BDC will get their act together and try to fix, whatever is wrong. I don't think they have tried hard enough. And I am not talking about you, Dottie. You have been a diligent spokesperson for us in this mess. I am talking about the company, BDC must be paying a good size of money for such a poor service. - Pingo ETA. Now, that I think more and more about it, I do believe tt's problems has something to do with her computer or browser or how they are set up. Just wish someone could fix it for her. Not heard of anyone having that many problems. Do you?
    Posted by pingo[/QUOTE]

Ummm, pingo...

According to her profile, trumpet first signed on to the bdc in May of 2006. That's less than 5 years ago. If Lilliy, who I assume is her granddaughter, really is 6 like you say, then how could you and trumpet possibly have been in contact with each other here before she (Lilly) was born? Trumpet wasnt even a member at that point. And neither by the way were you. Your initial sign up date is December 2005, just barely over 5 years ago...

One other thing: You keep perpetuating the myth about former posters leaving the board due to 'real trouble'. First of all, there never was any 'real trouble'...that's all in your head. But even if there was, no one left because of it. I defy you to name even one person who 'abandoned' the board back then...one 'valuable contributor'. You cant do it because there arent any. Not a single one

When you make statements like you do, you need to back them up with facts. For once I would like to see you do so...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rirlo01. Show Rirlo01's posts

Winter, you are glowing!  Gorgeous.  I look forward to more pics.  Congratulations to you and your DH!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Ache,
    You forget, that at one point when BDC changed over (from where and to what I don't remember) they changed our dates arbitrary as well. Yes, I have indeed known tt for OVER 6 years - closer to 8, I think. tt was on the Chat way before May of 2006. And you are wrong again, Lilly is her great grand daughter - not her grand daughter.
    And yes, several posters left us then. Have you forgotten Lesyll, Putt or Circles? Just to name a few. That was the time you went under the name Thursby. Thursby, the trouble maker.
    - Pingo

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: March 2011 : Ummm, pingo... According to her profile, trumpet first signed on to the bdc in May of 2006. That's less than 5 years ago. If Lilliy, who I assume is her granddaughter, really is 6 like you say, then how could you and trumpet possibly have been in contact with each other here before she (Lilly) was born? Trumpet wasnt even a member at that point. And neither by the way were you. Your initial sign up date is December 2005, just barely over 5 years ago... One other thing: You keep perpetuating the myth about former posters leaving the board due to 'real trouble'. First of all, there never was any 'real trouble'...that's all in your head. But even if there was, no one left because of it. I defy you to name even one person who 'abandoned' the board back then...one 'valuable contributor'. You cant do it because there arent any. Not a single one When you make statements like you do, you need to back them up with facts. For once I would like to see you do so...
    Posted by AcheNot[/QUOTE]

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Winter, thanks for sharing your picture. You look stunning! And your bouquet is lovely. Can't wait to see more pictures - Pingo

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

Hello All!
    Pingo, I must say Thank you for your pork recipe that included the red currant..I tried it today...with a few a la Icer adjustments, of coarse. Anyway, Honey and I enjoyed it thoroughly!!! I also enjoyed the mere 2.00 I spent for the portion of pork roast we used. We were so happy with our new way to eat a healhy inexpensive meal, and we can have it for lunch 2morow...Thank you again(^?^)

and Good Night All...pleasant dreams

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mothermitzi. Show mothermitzi's posts

Hi winter -

Yes, I'm saving my miles so I can go in either first or business.  Too long to sit in coach I'm afraid.  A trip in coach to India cured me of ever doing a trip that long again, sitting like a sardine in a can. Been saving these miles, adding to them and rolling them over for ages now.  I thought I would be retired two years ago! 

My cousin in California wants to retire to Hawaii, although she says it's more expensive than the Bay Area.  Did you find it expensive?

mothermitzi

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

pingo, come on

I didnt push putt away from the board. You know the reason why she suddenly stopped posting here. It had nothing to do with me

Circles? I never interacted with her even once. Never spoke to/about her, and she never spoke to/about me. I doubt she even knows who I am

And if Lleasy said I am the reason she left, then she must have wanted to leave and just used me as her excuse. She was hardly ever here anyway. I dont think I even included her in the Official Confidential Chat Power Ranking. Remember that? I placed you number 4, I think. Very undervalued. If I knew then what I know now, youd definitely be number 1. Or at least no lower than 2...

PS This message board has been around only since late Fall of '04. So even if you met trumpet on Day One (and I doubt you did), you can only have known her approx 6+ years, not 8

Peace

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Good morning.  mm, Hawaii tax is lower at 4.5% but things are very expensive there.  Essentially everything has to come from the mainland.  They do have Walmart and Kmar there and there are one or two Targets that have sprouted up.  Some of the tour drivers said most people have to have two jobs to survive.  I did read a Real Estate paper there and a 1 bedroom in Honolulu was about $250,000 and it was about 600 square feet.  

Thanks for the compliment Rirlo...when is your wedding? 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

Ok, so Pingo and TT go way back. That's pretty obvious from their interactions and familiarity here.  Can we just leave it at that and all continue on with our chat?  Super...

Winter, I echo everyone else that I can't wait to see more pics!  I even snuck over to the wedding boards yesterday and read your update on Hawaii - I'm so jealous! In a good way, of course!

I had a small victory over winter (ther season, not our Winter) this morning despite the cold.  I took puppy to the park to play with his friend up the street.  We happened to leave the houses at the same time and there is now a small part of the park where there is some grass with very small snow amounts around it.  The romp was short-lived, but we were out there and it sure felt good!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Novembride, nice for puppy that he got to play with his friend this morning.  :) Hawaii is just so beautiful.  Up until this point I thought Aruba was the best, but it's now a second and not even a close one....if only it were closer.  We moved Monday so the computer isn't set up yet, but I hope to have it set up Friday or Saturday, since DH (awesome to finally use that term) has to go back to Denmark on Saturday, which is his birthday. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

We went out yesterday, too, because I thought 40 degrees would feel warm, but the wind was sooooo cold! But, we had a good time in the center of town, anyway 'cause Gracie is practically a celebrity.  DH came home early and took her for a ski.  Came home to an experimental dinner that almost had to be trashed (honestly!), but I salvaged with an addition of flour.  I was deep frying a veggie concoction, and it fell apart completely in the oil.  Before tossing it all in the trash, I added spelt.  Voila, delicious and cohesive!  It was a close call to takeout.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

Nice save, Kar!

Winter, that stinks that DH has to travel again so soon.

Where is Ms. Pingo this morning?  Come out, come out wherever you are!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Hawaii was a lot nicer than Aruba?  Wow, that blows my mind after how great Aruba was!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Ache,
    Please go back and read my post again. At no point did I say, earlier posters were leaving because of you. Your imagination just shows, how blown up and self serving you are. But of course it could have something to do with it, now that you mentioned it.
    That Robingirl thinks you are "great", that is good for her.  Lots of posters have a different opinion. Strange humor, Robin?  - No sick humor.
    Like November said, can we just leave tt and me alone and get on with the Chat?
    No one really cares, what you and I think of each other. Especially the new posters, that  have no idea of what was going on in the past.

Chatters, I promise this is my last post in regard to Ache and his insults. I am sure he will throw stones back at me, but I will not waste mine and your time to rectify myself. It is a bottomless well.
    - Pingo

[QUOTE]pingo, come on I didnt push putt away from the board. You know the reason why she suddenly stopped posting here. It had nothing to do with me Circles? I never interacted with her even once. Never spoke to/about her, and she never spoke to/about me. I doubt she even knows who I am And if Lleasy said I am the reason she left, then she must have wanted to leave and just used me as her excuse. She was hardly ever here anyway. I dont think I even included her in the Official Confidential Chat Power Ranking. Remember that? I placed you number 4, I think. Very undervalued. If I knew then what I know now, youd definitely be number 1. Or at least no lower than 2... PS This message board has been around only since late Fall of '04. So even if you met trumpet on Day One (and I doubt you did), you can only have known her approx 6+ years, not 8 Peace
    Posted by AcheNot[/QUOTE]

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Kar, yes it was.  The beauty of Hawaii is just incredible.  It is so green and lush and the white sand beaches.  Don't get me wrong Aruba is beautiful, but Hawaii is just unbelievably gorgeous. The volcanos, the flowers, the lush green landscape...just simply breathtaking...let me see if I can send a few phots from my phone to work and I'll post.

Novem, yes it does stink that he has to go back to Denmark so soon....I guess this is the last time.  He's not going on the next trip which is China. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Ah, yes, the landscape looks far more lush.  Aruba is desert for sure.  I totally enjoyed our horseback ride through the cacti, though!  My horse was the best, too - I'd never ridden a horse, and he was so gentle and responsive I forgot I was a newbie.  We even galloped on the beach like in a movie!  Other than that afternoon, we were on the beach or in the water.