March 2011

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Re: March 2011

OK here are pictures.  I apologize they are from my camera so not as good quality as the Nikon.

View of Diamond Head from Waikiki Beach.

The view from the top of Diamond Head. (Note Honolulu is the most populated.  Other Islands do not have this many tall buildings.)

Walking to Waikiki Beach

I have a couple more I'll post in the next thread.

I've been to many places in the Caribbean and Aruba was the best out of all of them until Hawaii....it's just something like you've never seen. It's not just the landscape, it's the whole experience...the beaches are like a dream come true, etc. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good morning all,
    Icer, I am glad you enjoyed your pork dinner. Pork was off for a long time, but it is now so lean, that is it as good as chicken and a lot more flavorful. That red currant jelly really give it such a nice touch. Btw. once I didn't have the jelly in the house, I substituted vinegar and a bit of sugar. Not bad.
    I am here November - got a late start as I had to help DH getting ready for yet another meeting. We are having small patches of grass showing as well. A good sign winter is getting ready to be over - I hope. I am sure it must be a long awaited happening for you dog owners, that need to walk your dogs. When we had our Golden, we just sent her outside - like Gracie - to romp in the woods. When we walked her, it was mostly for socializing.
    Winter, I am sorry to hear your new DH has to travel so soon. He and I almost share birthday.  When are you joining him for a trip to Denmark? I know, you would love it there. If you can, go in late May - early June. All the spring flowers are coming out all over. That is the time I miss the most here. Spring there is a slow ongoing process. Last for several weeks - not like here, where everything suddenly becomes green.
    Good your ingenuity saved your dinner, Kar. Tempura is difficult to do. I have tried it, but given up. One thing I did try was to add an egg white. Somehow it kept the batter together better.
    Mothermitzy, good you are able to save miles for a long trip. Going directly to India is no picnic. We cut our trips "shorter", by staying over one day in either London or Frankfurt. They have nice hotels right at the airports. Especially when we were travelling with our young boys. We just couldn't afford first or business class. But getting some sleep and a nice shower, made things a little more pleasant. Not that it is pleasant at all sitting stuck in an airplane. I even hate the 6 hours to go to CA or to Europe.
    Off to work today. Will chat later. Enjoy the sun today, if you can - guess we are having the rain pouring tomorrow. - Pingo

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Gorgeous!!  Thanks for posting - I'm so happy for you and DH!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Ok our love of sunrises and sunsets.

The view of the sunset from the balcony in our room (on a ship)

The sunrise from Haleakala Crater in Maui 10,000 feet above sea level.

The sunrise as we awakened on Friday morning in Kauai.  It's about 6:30 or 7:00am.  Another view from the window.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Pingo
    I won't be going.  This is his last trip and there is no way that I can take next week off. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

It wasn't exactly tempura - it was, uh, goo that I had put in a plastic bag that I'd cut a corner off to deliver into the oil (like a pastry bag). I'd imagined it would be more like funnel cake, but how I thought that would work with no flour, I don't know.  The flour turned the goo into a fritter.  I ended up spooning it into the oil in biscuit-like dollops.

Lovely sun shots, Winter!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

Winter..thanks for the pictures...i feel up-lifted for having seen them

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

I'm glad I could brighten your day Icer.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

In Response to Re: March 2011:
    Ache, Please go back and read my post again. At no point did I say, earlier posters were leaving because of you.  - Pingo In Response to Re: March 2011 :
    Posted by pingo

pingo:

Youre so disingenuous, it isnt even funny (actually it's hilarious)

Yesterday in one message you said people left the board here because of 'real trouble'

Then in your next message you labeled me 'Thursby, the trouble maker', suggesting very strongly that I was the reason everyone left

And now today youre breaking out the 'I never said it was you' defense

LOL

And you wonder why I call you pingo-cchio...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

Ok, so Pingo and TT go way back. That's pretty obvious from their interactions and familiarity here.  Can we just leave it at that and all continue on with our chat?  Super... Winter, I echo Posted by Novembride

Sorry, bride-y

Didnt mean to take the focus off of you

I promise from hereon to give you my full attention...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

For those recommending Costco for a TV, do you know if they carry merchandise they don't advertise online?  Or, is what you see online is all they ever have? 

DH is out on a neighborhood snowmobile ride.  I'm not a fan of the night treks, but they aren't young daredevils so I shouldn't worry too much.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from shakersilly2010. Show shakersilly2010's posts

Icer...Where is the third Trucchis?  I know of the one on 18 in Abington and the one on 106 in West Bridgewater, but where oh where is there another one??  My cousin who frequents the one in West Bridgewater and I were discussing next weeks sales and I asked her, she doesn't know either...
    Kar/Pingo..I have an afghan on the back of my couch in the TV room, cleaned it yesterday and just for the heck of it counted the squares, its the granny square pattern, but all one color, edged in black and then sewn together...it has 90 squares (4 rounds solid color then 1 black) and 69 different colors.....some of the arn I had and the rest was given to me by others as they had leftovers from their projects.....its real pretty.   Take Care all and Keep Smiling, ss

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

Hi Ss, I only visit one of the supermarkets, but on the flyer they list the two you mentioned plus New Bedford,County St. Taunton, Tremont St. Taunton..I don't know where they are..I just see it listed on the flyer

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

ss, would love a photo - 69 different colors? Wow!  What a work of love and art.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Kar,
    Yes - you do need to physically go to Costco. They do have more models there than on online. We picked ours up at the store.
    We did not have the the executive membership at the time, but the wonderful lady at the check out advised us, that if we changed our membership status, we would get a much better bargain. She was right.
    Funny thing DH, sons and DIL went to get a hard drive - but brought home a new TV. I almost fainted, when they brought in the box. Very large hard drive. LOL
    If you are not a Costco member - could you possibly twist a friend's arm to go with you to let you in? Your friend doesn't have to stay, but you could browse. You can't buy anything w/o a Costco membership, but if there is anything you like, you could always become a member then. Just a suggestion. Wish I wasn't so far away - Pingo

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Pingo, thanks, again - I wish we were closer, too.  I'm way out here in the boonies.  But, I do know someone who lives near my nearest Costco who I'm sure would give me a hand.  I'm happy to know they have more than what they show online.  ...wonder if that hurts them.

And, you'll appreciate this - I have the French back doors wide open as I got the house too hot.  DH is still out so hopefully it'll be our little secret. ;)

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Good morning everyone....I wish tt would come back.  Maybe she'll try to get on again soon.  I think we are going to order some furniture today.  We need a living room and a bedroom set.  With DH in Denmark next week I'd like to try to have it delivered while he's gone.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

How exciting, Winter!!  The furnishing of a new place really makes it yours.  I hope you can schedule it so it comes when you want it.  Where are you going?  I know Nov had a great experience at Bernie and Phyl's.  We go to Gardener Furniture.  Probably a drive for you, but worth it imo.  We got our living, dining, and bedroom set at LaChance at a great price.  Very high quality - solid cherry bed and dining.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

I've wondered about Gardener, but with him leaving tomorrow I don't think the drive will work for us.  We are going to check out a set we liked at Jordans.  It's a solid Walnut bedroom set.  Fortunately, I already have a lovely Dining Room set so that's one less thing to worry about.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good morning,
    How exciting Winter for you to go furniture shopping. The first time we did our furniture shopping was in Denmark.
    We lived in our first apartment with all hand-me-downs. Our bed was a piece of plywood on concrete blocks with a mattress on top of course. My "dining table" was Formica with a bubble. Someone had put a too hot pot on it. I always had to navigate around it. All unmatched chairs.
    Then we bought our first home. It came with some furniture. For a year or so I lived with flee infested, chunky upholstery furniture and an avocado painted dining room set. It must have been a beautiful set at one time, but the color blind owners had the gut to paint it. We didn't feel we were missing out at the time and fortunately, we can laugh about it now. We just didn't have the money at the time to buy new furniture.
    When things got better, we purchased our living room leather furniture, our Rosewood dining room set plus a few other items during a visit to Denmark. They were shipped here for a few pennies. Best purchase we ever did. The leather is worn a bit, but otherwise everything is still beautiful, up-to-date and in a great condition.
    It all seems so long ago, but I remember the day, as if it was yesterday, when those large crates arrived at our driveway. True happyness!
    Happy shopping and good luck. Sorry for you, your new husband has to leave you alone so quickly. I am sad for you, you will not have a chance to go with him to visit Denmark.
     - Pingo

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good morning Kar,
    Just one more thing about Costco. They will take anything back, no questions asked - no matter how long you have had the item. If you don't have your receipt - they will look it up for you. Now, what kind of customer service is that? Only pain is, that if you buy it at the warehouse, you need to carry it out. They don't ship from there. But as DH has a truck, it should not be much of a problem for you. DH brought our 56" TV home in his trunk.

Yesterday I made an Olive Bread for PB son:

He used to buy it in CA and loved it. But cannot get it in PB. I used half Bread Flour and half Whole Wheat on the dough setting. I am sure it will come out well with just whole wheat or spelt as well. I later kneaded in the Rosemary and the Olives by hand and baked it in the oven.  I am going to make some roasted garlic hummus to go with it.
    After doing the Raisin/Cinnamon bread - I thought I would experiment a bit and try the olives.
    Son will be arriving later tonight, and I will have Tacos ready with all the trimmings. Something that can wait, if his plane is late.
    - Pingo

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Pingo, that bread looks awesome...I'll be over after work...I think we leave sort of close to each other.  :)

No leather furniture for us....I hope to get a kitten soon :)

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Winter, I wonder if it would be worth waiting for him to return from Denmark.  LaChance is comparable to Jordan's in price, but the quality is better, imo.  But, I know, the drive is nothing to sneeze at.  Easy for me to suggest it; we live 25 minutes away.

Pingo, thanks for the return policy.  That IS very compelling.  And, yes, you are right, no delivery needed for the kargiver's. :)  And, your BREAD looks AMAZING!  Love the artisan loaf, too, that you got by not letting the breadmaker bake it.  Oh, man, I'd love to reach in slice a piece off for myself!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Kar, I'm not sure we can wait a week at least not for the living room...my son's getting inpatient sitting in a chair...lol.  Maybe we will wait to get the bedroom there.  I'll see if they have a website and check it out.  Thanks.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Winter, please stop by. I will give you half of the loaf. Can always make another one.
    Just so you know, our son has leather furniture and two kitties. Never been a problem. But they do shred to pieces one upholstered chair they have. - Pingo

Pingo, that bread looks awesome...I'll be over after work...I think we leave sort of close to each other.  :) No leather furniture for us....I hope to get a kitten soon :)
    Posted by Winter2011Bride

Sections
Shortcuts