March 2011

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsygreen. Show pumpsygreen's posts

Re: March 2011

Hi all! Just checking in. I,ve been busy latrly. Too busy,but things are calming down. I took DD and her friend to the movies yesterday to see Black Swan. They are 14 years old. Well, it was a good movie. but some of the scenes were awkward. I didn't realize how graphic some of the scenes would be. They enjoyed nonetheless. Have a gret day! bg

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

Thanks Pingo..I hope our day of Firsts is a welcoming day (:o)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

The Boards are not allowing me

to jump in and post at will -

Still Pingo's birthday forces me

to try to hone my skill -

at maneuvering, outwitting

the forces that prevail,

and let her know this special day

I surely want to hail.

Through years of chatting,

sharing thoughts, and tips in tradition set,

we've come to know each other, Pingo,

though face to face we've never met.

I fear my entry back

will not occur for months, if at all -

unless the "forces that prevail"

can clear the blocks that stall.

But on your "day" I have to try

to post this message for you to see -

"Happy birthday, Dear Heart,

All the best to you, from me."

Happy Birthday from toytrumpet, March 2011

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Icer's starting something new

not sure just what it's at -

along the same lines as before,

or a new one up to bat.

She's an awesome individual

straightforward, the real deal -

with a sense of humor and loyalty

all her friends must surely feel.

Too bad we could not be there

to lend a helping hand -

next best, is knowing we all wish

for an "opening" that's grand!

Good luck from toytrumpet, March 2011

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

We miss you so much!!  Thanks for braving the elements and posting your awesome poems.  We'll be thinking of you no matter how long between posts.

Take care,
    ~kar

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Happy birthday, Pingo!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Good morning everyone.  tt, it's great seeing you on.  Happy Birthday Pingo.  Good luck with the new venture Icer.  kar, I like the bracelet.  Bg, I've been wanting to see that movie, I like Natalie Portman.

The furniture shopping was a success.  The bedroom set is being delivered on Saturday, it's a walnut sleigh bed with matching dressers, etc.  The living room set will take about 5-8 weeks.  I wanted a red color so it's extra time, but it's ok as we have something to sit on. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

Good morning everyone.    Happy Birthday to Pingo!  And, best of luck with the new venture Icer!  With the snow mostly melted, and all these new beginnings, its truly starting to feel like spring! 

TT - glad to see you, and your lovely poems!  Maybe it will be a new start for you, too with BDC?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Thanks, Winter - you guys keep an eye out for that bracelet and give me a shout. :)

Great news about your furniture success!!  Isn't it exciting?  When we were waiting for ours to be delivered time seemed to crawl I was so pumped to get what we'd picked out.  We love our sleigh bed.  It's a little harder to accessorize than having just a headboard, though, because the bottom sleigh piece fits tight up against the matress and precludes anything thick like a bulky comforter.  We have a chenille bedspread that I got from QVC that I love and I recommend highly.  Washes and dries great, and it fits our king very nicely - lots of material so you can have the pillows all tucked in at the top.  Here's what we have:  our bedspread.  It fits our old fashioned decor, but if you have a more modern style, I'd still recommend finding a thin bedspread to decorate with instead of anything puffy; there are other styles on QVC by the same manufacturer.

Maybe you already have something, but figured I'd mention our experience fwiw. :)

Have a great day, all,
    ~kar

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Happy Birthday Pingo!  Wishing you a wonderful day : )

tt, so wonderful to hear from you.  Still not response from BDC, but keeping my fingers crossed as it sounds like they are working on it from Dottie's last post.  Please keep checking in when you can...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Thank you so much tt, for your lovely poem and birthday wishes. It brought tears to my eyes. I was hoping you would try to check in today. My bd would not be right w/o warm wishes from my dear friend.
    We miss you here, as everyone else have let you know. Hopefully BDC will get the problems fixed, so we again can see you here "fulltime". In the meantime, I wish you the very best and will be grateful for a post from you, whenever you get the energy to go through the hassle to post. Hope you are doing well health wise. Greetings to GT and pats to Cheerio. - Pingo

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

(everyone has)

Google Chrome is a dream come true.  I thought Firefox rocked until trying this!  Thanks, ambergirl!  I'll be telling everyone I know about it.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good morning all and thanks for all your birthday wishes. I had a late start this morning, due to several phone calls from abroad.
    Son and DH woke me up this morning with coffee (made by DS), blueberry muffins (DH picked up at DD), cards and a lovely orchid. I have been hinting for a while, that I needed a new orchid.
    Just "hanging out" with son today and later our for dinner. Any suggestions? We don't mind trying a  new place as long as the food it good. The old stand bys are getting boring. DS is leaving tmw. morning. :(
    Chat later - Pingo

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Pingo, what a blessed birthday morning!  How special to have such thoughtful family, a tribute to their parents.

As for dinner suggestions, I'm embarrassed to say I haven't filed your general locale in my brain's Pingo folder.  Can you tell me something that won't be too telling but will help me with respect to making a restaurant suggestion or two?  

ETA:  Maybe your closest big mall or something like that.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

LOL Kar. That would definitely be a good to know. What if I say North Shore? - P

ETA. 30 minutes of travelling is ok.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

I don't know if Salem is too long a trip or near you Pingo, but my friend took me to Finz this past summer for my birthday.  Really good food and right on Pickering Wharf.  Here is the website if you want to check it out. 

http://www.hipfinz.com/

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Yes, that helps a lot.  And, I have to admit I had a sense you were in that area from other posts, but not sure enough to go recommending restaurants.

I've heard very good things about the Wild Horse in Beverly, but I've never been.  It had just opened before I moved far away from there.  It's on the Phantom Gourmet's "Great Ate" list for the North Shore.  That's the best I can do since I haven't been in that area for a good 15 years.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Kar, how funny Finz is on that list! 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

That's cool, ambergirl!  Sounds like you can't go wrong with Finz, Pingo.  I always end up craving (and drooling over) whatever I see on Phantom's show...mmmmm.  What a great job.

Sun's out here.  Nice.  I wonder if that means the cold air has come in...I think I better start the stove.

Good afternoon!

~kar

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

WOW! I knew I could count on my Chat pals. That Finz sounds really good - so does the Wild Horse. None of them too far from us.
    One of those two places will be on the menu tonight. Thanks! - Pingo

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Have fun tonight, Pingo!

Icer, how was your big day?  Pingo, you, too?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from shakersilly2010. Show shakersilly2010's posts

Happy Birthday Pingo and many more.
    Icer....guess the days of 99cents lettuce are over, was there today and it cost
    $2.49!!!!  Needless to say I did not get any...ss

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Not to turn this political, but honestly, that's just a hint of what's to come imo. Anyone with a garden should plant a lot and freeze as much as you can.  Onions keep - we thought we lost them when the garage dipped below freezing, but we salvaged many and are STILL getting them out of the basket from last year instead of buying at the store.  And, we still have tomatoes and some berries, too.  Next year, the grocery store savings for not needing to buy produce will be unprecendented (well, in my lifetime, anyway).

When we visited my friend yesterday, he pointed out home improvements he's working on, and DH said, "You better make all the raw material purchases and equipment before inflation hits big time," and the response was, "It hasn't?"  But, we all agreed in all seriousness that it hasn't hit where it's going.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from mothermitzi. Show mothermitzi's posts

This weekend, I REALLY noticed the increase in produce at S&S. Everything has been going up gradually though.  Certainly has in the fuel department.  Gas is bad enough but home heating oil is through the roof.  So glad I locked my father in at below $3 per gallon in October.  I almost took a chance and didn't.  I thought it was too high and would go down. That's why I never made any money on stocks.  I'm lousy at speculating!

mothermitzi

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from mothermitzi. Show mothermitzi's posts

Hi pingo -

Sorry.  I'm a bit slow on the uptake today.  Happy Birthday!  Hope you have  a great dinner with your husband and son.

mothermitzi

Sections
Shortcuts