March 2011

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsygreen. Show pumpsygreen's posts

Re: March 2011

Hi everyone! Thankyou so much for asking about my D.D. She is really progressing thanks to an amazing group of therapists, teachers,and her M.D. I know from your posts that you are very familiar and knowledgable about this disorder. D.H. and I are commited so much to her and realize now that it's not a quick fix thing. Bless you for the friendship and encouragement you gave that young girl that had the same disorder as our D.D. beastsgirl, not pumpsygreen.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

BG, I'm so blessed to know she's still got that kind of support and is showing progress.  And, of course, too, it warms my heart that my knowledge and ultra-forthright (aka scary) posts were as helpful as I'd intended them to be.  I hope you are also continuing to attend to your and DH's emotional needs through this process.  You can vent or share anything you want here.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsygreen. Show pumpsygreen's posts

Kar, thanks for responding. When I first posted about D.D.,(remember I thought it was anemia causing her fainting spells?) All f you were so supportive. You and Pingo warned me that it might be a long road ahead. Of course I thought that to be an exaggeration. Well you were right, but things are looking up. t.t., so wonderful to read your posts and poems!! Also t.t., thankyou for asking about D.D. when I had'nt posted for a while. Spring is almost here! YAY!!  bg

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Mm, I was afraid you might dismiss it at first because everyone does, and the whole thing sounds so literally incredible.  No one believes that the "sufferer" can't just get over it and eat sensibly and see (with a little loving prompting from mom) when they look in the mirror that they AREN'T FAT until they've experienced it first or very close second hand.  Too bad you've had to learn.  It seems to come out of nowhere, too, because the young women it hits are very often extremely successful and intelligent in every area of their lives with lofty goals and means to acheive them. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

BG, so happy to hear things are going well with DD.  That pumsygreen drives me crazy, can't imagine what it does to you.  Have you had any response on why your avatar changes?  Very bizzare...  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

I'm soooo happy to hear things are going well BG! Sounds like you have a strong team with DH and the docs.  And I'm sure JD kitty is doing his share to help the family cope, or at least giving you some distraction and comic relief when you need it.

Kar -- of course Gracie, too!  But, Jax isn't very gentle with the big ones!

Amber - nice new pic of your little furry one, and I LOVE your new quote!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Good morning everyone.  Bg, nice to hear your daughter's progress is going well.  I know have patellar tendonitis in my knee.  I guess it's the tendon that protects the ACL.  We are getting water seepage in the basement and with DH away I need to go down there to check on the sump pump.  However, the stairs are much steeper then regular stairs so that is what is what caused it, though she thinks it was the walking and activities we did in Hawaii.  I guess it's nothing permanent I just have to take it easy, which isn't easy when you are working full-time and unpacking boxes. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Thanks November : )  Def one of my favorite quotes for sure!  Kar, Amber has no patience for other dogs anymore, she is the resident snob at the groomers.  He told me she has issues.....  LOL!  Poor Gracie would be the sweet one.  Jax would think he is a pitt bull and Amber would be in the corner yawning.................

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from shakersilly2010. Show shakersilly2010's posts

Ambergirl...like your quote at the end of your posts!!  SS

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Wouldn't it be something, if we could all meet for lunch there someday? - Pingo

In Response to Re: March 2011:
    [QUOTE]I'd love to try it...too bad not my stomping ground anymore. OK, ladies, off I go!  Have a great afternoon, all. ~kar
    Posted by kargiver[/QUOTE]

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

Oh, Amber, I hope I didn't give you the wrong inmpression.  Puppy is sweet as pie - he just has no problem letting his size keep him from playing rough and tumblee with the bigger dogs.  One of his park pals is a 100 pound pit/lab mix that is the same age as him - they're a riot together!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

You didn't at all November!  When Amber was a puppy she would go after the biggest dogs to play and scare me half to death!  LOL!  Just picturing these 2 small dogs with Gracie made me chuckle : )  Too bad you can't get a picture of Jax with his pit/lab friend playing.  That would be awesome!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Gracie was a menace as a puppy!  She was a rough player, and had to be taught (during puppy kindergarten) "gentle."  She's a thousand times better now, and understands that what she can take for play isn't what all dogs can take.

Had a great day yesterday lunching with a dear friend out East.  Then, found what we needed at TJs.  Loved the sunshine out there.  I am coming alive, again. :)

We can see a bit of grass where the septic tank resides.  Everywhere else has 8" to a foot of snow, but there's clearly hope of seeing grass everywhere again.  I'm going to give myself my first Spring pedicure today - yay!  I think purple would be nice.  Goes with all my shoes...not that we are quite to toe-exposing weather, but...

Picked up some salmon from TJs for dinner tonight.  Can't wait.  I'm going to make my best guess at my grandmother's white egg gravy with capers to go with.

Tomorrow, will be going to pick up lobster unbeknown to DH.  His sister sent the carrot cake home with him yesterday, and we, uh, had a little pre-celebration taste...DELICIOUS!   Bless her. :)

Have a great day, all,
    ~kar

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Good morning everyone.  Kar, sounds like you had a nice day.  I can see my patio and the pool cover!! It's a great site.  Almost all of the snow is gone.  We had a crocus blooming last week. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Good morning,

I've bopped in and out of Chat this morning and still seem to stay logged in, so I'll give it a shot.  As I've said before, mornings seem to be the time when I do stay logged in and don't lose my posts.

Well, we had an adoption in our family over the week-end, 2 new members.  Got an email from G.T. entitled "The Kids".  - Just went back in and deleted since no one was able to pull up the pics of these sweeties.  A long haired grey female and a short haired darker grey male.  Have since learned their names will be "Norma" and "Desmond" from the old classic movie, "Sunset Boulevard. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Your crocus is a much prettier mental picture than our septic tank-shaped patch of grass.  LOL!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Hi tt,

So wonderful to see you on here!  I couldn't see the pictures of the kitties : (  But I always said if I got another dog, I would want 2 and I would name them Dexter and Daisy.  That's my suggestion  Sealed

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Kar, I'm sure in no time you will have that beautiful yard to look at. 

tt, nice hearing from you.  You've been missed aruond here.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Congratulations, Grammy!  Cool  Great to hear from you.  It's not the same here without our dear tt!

(I coudn't see the photos, either) 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Wonder why you can't see the pics??  They're there clear as a bell when I scroll down.  If no one else can see them, I'll go in and delete them, no sense taking up space.  Too bad, because they are sweeties.  Let me know, "others" if the pics aren't appearing on your screens either.  Still open to name suggestions, based on the descriptions.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

How about long haired Stormy and short haired Rain since they are both gray??  

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

tt,
    so good to see your post. This adoption was certainly something to post about. But did you post pictures? I don't have any.
    How about naming the male cat GT?  I would have suggested tt for the female, but GT and tt is sounding too close for comfort for the cats.
    Congratulations Grandma for the family addition - Pingo

[QUOTE]Good morning, I've bopped in and out of Chat this morning and still seem to stay logged in, so I'll give it a shot.  As I've said before, mornings seem to be the time when I do stay logged in and don't lose my posts. Well, we had an adoption in our family over the week-end, 2 new members.  Yes, I got an email from G.T. entitled, "The Kids" - They adopted from the Animal Rescue League.  They're from separate litters, but seem to get along quite good, the grey is a long haired fluffy female and the little boy, the runt of the litter, is a short hair, the darker of the two.  They're trying to find just the right names for them, no "Fluffy", something unique.  Right now he refers to them as "NoNames".  Any suggestions you want to make, I'll pass along to him.  I have separate pics too - The boy, who looks lighter in this picture, and of course, then little fluff ball, the girl.  A Grandmother again! 
    Posted by toytrumpet[/QUOTE]

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good morning Kar,
    We are now having a lot of grass showing. Had someone come by yesterday to look at the lawns, whatever was free of snow. We need to restore our lawns come spring. They took a lot of beating last summer.
    Glad to hear you had a great day yesterday.
    If you like salmon, please look into Jacques Pepin's recipe for oven baked salmon with sun-dried tomatoes and salsa mayo. Have made it many times. For us and for company. Very easy and always gets applause. (I use almonds instead of the hazelnuts, which can be difficult to get).
    Good luck with the pedicure. I need one too. It is great, you can do your own. I used to. But now my eyes are not young anymore, and I am afraid of cutting my toe nails.
    Chat later - Pingo

[QUOTE]Gracie was a menace as a puppy!  She was a rough player, and had to be taught (during puppy kindergarten) "gentle."  She's a thousand times better now, and understands that what she can take for play isn't what all dogs can take. Had a great day yesterday lunching with a dear friend out East.  Then, found what we needed at TJs.  Loved the sunshine out there.  I am coming alive, again. :) We can see a bit of grass where the septic tank resides.  Everywhere else has 8" to a foot of snow, but there's clearly hope of seeing grass everywhere again.  I'm going to give myself my first Spring pedicure today - yay!  I think purple would be nice.  Goes with all my shoes...not that we are quite to toe-exposing weather, but... Picked up some salmon from TJs for dinner tonight.  Can't wait.  I'm going to make my best guess at my grandmother's white egg gravy with capers to go with. Tomorrow, will be going to pick up lobster unbeknown to DH.  His sister sent the carrot cake home with him yesterday, and we, uh, had a little pre-celebration taste...DELICIOUS!   Bless her. :) Have a great day, all, ~kar
    Posted by kargiver[/QUOTE]

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I'm baffled and disappointed in the picture no show for you guys.  Pride is what pushed me to try posting this morning - wanted to show them off.  Ah well, what's the saying, "Pride goeth before the fall"?

9:55 - it's started again, relogging in, and my posts disappearing in thin air.  I'll try just adding on to this already accepted post -
    Just got an email that they have decided on "Norma" and "Desmond" from the old classic movie, "Sunset Boulevard".  Thanks for your suggestions, Amber.
    I'll keep checking the Forum thread to see how things are progressing.  I can get in and read your posts, so will check in and get up to speed a couple of times a week.  Hope things are fixed soon, miss posting to you guys.  Bye.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I can see little icons and spaces where pictures go.  I right clicked on one to see if I could view it some unfamiliar way, and it gave me the option to open it in another window.  A window popped up from Comcast and said "email is unavailable."  So strange, even for BDC!

Sections
Shortcuts