March 2013!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

March 2013!

Good morning,
    March is here and with it longer days and warmer weather. Nice!
    Sounds like GT went to work after all. But sometimes sciatica feels better moving around, than being still. Every episode is so different. Have a good lunch w/ your friends, tt. I think I know, where you will be going. Nice and comfortable place. But don't worry, I won't show up, I have my PT today.
    I know now, why the muffin mishap happened. Few days ago I mentioned, I found my good pair of glasses, and I forgot that with them everything get much larger. So what was 1/2 cup measure looked indeed like a full cup measure to me. Even this morning. But the muffins are fine even though the don't have that nice dome. And the texture is more like carrot cake. But they are edible.
    Hope you had a nice birthday dinner, princess. Are you leaving today? Have a great trip.
    Not much going on for me today. I have PT this morning, and after that I will probably go to my office. Exciting, huh?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Re: March 2013!

Oops!  Forgot it was March!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from princess-cal. Show princess-cal's posts

Me too - thanks Pingo.  Had to turn my calendar too! 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Good morning everyone. Hope GT is feeling better today tt. Princess, have a good time in NH. Need to get some supplies for DH's birthday dinner on Sunday and order a cake. I got him a 42 inch TV for our bedroom, that way when he wants to watch a game, etc. he can without having to watch it on the computer.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

I noticed your February post, tt. And don't forget we change the time on the 9/10th - the day of your birthday party. I don't think you would be pleased, if you were in the shower, when everyone shows up. LOL

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Thanks, pingo, but no chance of me being in the shower that time of day (1:00), I'll be up to my elbows in 2 trays of lasagna, and 2 skillets of chicken ala king!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

What kind of cake are you getting, Winter?  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

What will you be serving for DH's birthday, Winter? DH wanted to throw a party for me on my birthday, since it is a biggie. But I told him - please don't. I much rather go out and have a nice dinner w/ him. So he made reservations at a restaurant I like in Boston.
    Friends and family have been calling. What are you doing for Pingo's birthday? But the problem is, that some of those friends and family are very picky eaters. And I definitely don't want to eat Mexican, Indian or vegetarian food on my birthday.
    We will give a party later for friends, when both boys are at home. Sometime during the warm weather season. Not to celebrate my BD, but just to party. I think that is fair enough.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Just got an email from G.T. from his desk at work.  Back pain is minimal, but leg is numb.  That's not good.  At least he is saying he's smart enough to keep an eye on the pain level and if it starts to increase he will leave in plenty of time to make the drive home before he can take the meds.

Get together sounds good, Pingo, with your boys there.  Family is what makes it.  I reminded Lilly's mother of that, she usually works week-ends.  I told her the get togethers on this side of the family don't happen all that often, and some day won't be there.  It's important for the kids to have these memories too.  Of course Lilly and siblings would come with my son and his wife, but still, I would like Lilly's mom to be there and be able to visit with pumpkin's mom.  Cousins who seldom get a chance to see each other.

So this is a BIG year for you, Pingo?  Mine isn't, just that marker I mentioned, and the boys are all grossed out when I tell them, but you do keep markers like that in the back of your mind.  Especially where my sister and I both have the same health issues.

OK, I've showered and done my hair, but now have to try on what I think I'm wearing and see  how it looks.  Top is one given to me that I'm not particularly fond of, but since I never got around to returning it, or trying to with no sales slip, I'll go outside my comfort box and get a little glittery today!  I'm sure it will be noticed!  They're old, good friends, so we can laugh about my morphing from the caterpillar to a butterfly !  LOL

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

tt, I read you very clearly. Those markers are important for us up in age. The youngsters (below 50) think they have lots of time ahead of them. Both my parents lived until 89, and I hope I will go that long and still have a sharp mind. My mother deteriorated (aka Alzheimer/Dementia), when she was in her late 70. But my father was sharp as a tack until he died. I have his features and have lots of my father's "talents", so I am hoping, I will be as sharp as he was, when he finally said good-bye to this world.
    Need to get going. I want to trim my hair before PT.
    Oh, yes indeed I do. Just got a call from DH. We are going to friends for dinner. Yeah! No cooking tonight.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

tt, it will be a chocolate cake with white frosting. Pingo, I'm making a roast, with mashed potatoes, brown suger carrots and corn for dinner.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Sounds like a nice birthday celebration, Winter.  I plan on cooking my pot roast this Sunday.  Have the fixins to go with.  Took out a bone-in, skin-on chicken breast to roast for tonight, hungry or not, at least it will be cooked for picking on tomorrow.

ETA:  Seagulls are in again.  Didn't hear anything on the news about a storm.  Just 2 of them this time, sitting on one end of the roof of the house on the corner.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

That sounds yummy, Winter. Room for two more? Haven't made a roast in such a long time.

Maybe your house-on-the-corner throws out bread or such, so that is why the seagulls are atracted to that house. Haven't heard of a storm either. And I don't want to.

Just discovered, I have no water. Called the Water Dept. They have a main break down the street. And I jut put in a load of wash. Hopefully, it will come back, when I am done w/ my PT. Then of course we will have muddy water.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Yeah, I would take the clothes out and when it does come back on, run the water a bit before trying to do the load of clothes again - but I'm sure you're already planning on doing that.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Sure Pingo I can sit for two more. Roast is one of DH's favorite things, so that's what we'll have. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

I know, tt, but t is filled half up w/ the water, detergent etc :( Stopped in the middle of it. Fortunately it is whites, so they are just soaking right now. I am going to my PT and will deal with it, when I get back. Hopefully the pipe will be fixed by then. Argh!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Happy March, everyone! 

Busy day cleaning here...seems the more I do the more there is to do.  

Loving all the birthday prep chat, fun.

re milestones, one of my dearest friends just celebrated the birthday his father was when he passed of a massive heart attack.  It was strange to say the least.

here comes Gracie in from playing with her buddy after our walk.  False alarm, she's back out wrestling.

down to 64...guess I need to start the stove up.

speaking of stove, Pingo, like tt said, we've all made that mistake, although, I've just plain thought I dumped two measuring of something in the mix and turns out it only got one.  I'm easily distracted, lol.  At least your muffins were edible. :)

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Back after a nice leisurely 2 hour lunch.  Bet you thought it was Angelica's, Pingo, nope, Legal Seafood.  They give us a booth way over and just leave us there!  Food was delicious, I got the fish and chips this time and tho it was fried, it was so light.  Shared the dessert special of the day, chocolate bread pudding with caramel sauce and whipped cream - to die for.  Couple of glasses of chardonnay didn't go down bad either.  And, guess what?  They never noticed my outfit, so guess I must always look like a butterfly to them!  lol

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

What a lovely time, tt, and you really can't do better than Legal's for a delicious and leisurely lunch with friends.  They are obviously trained to appreciate lingerers and know how to be attentive without overbearance.  My mouth is watering at that spread!!  They have good wine, too - never had a choice I regretted.

I had fried fish out yesterday, too, fish tacos (lightly breaded haddock) from British Beer Company.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

tt, what a great time you had. I like Legal Seafood. Such a loooong day here today.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

In response to Winter2011Bride's comment:

tt, what a great time you had. I like Legal Seafood. Such a loooong day here today.

Even loooonger for G.T. - just emailed him.  He's hanging in there.  Leg is at least tingly now.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Does he get to leave work soon?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Not until 5:00 today.

Have a nice birthday celebration tonight and a good week-end, Winter.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Have a nice night. The birthday celebration is Sunday. I'll be starting my cleaning tonight. Hope G.T. feels better. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Got the water back. And I took your suggestion, tt, to run the water for a while before finishing the wash. I spun the load, that I had already started, pulled it all out and the ran the empty washer on the hand-wash option. Rust, mud and I don't know what came out. Then I started it all over again. It is finally in the dryer now.
    In the meantime I ran up to Kane's to get some new African Violets and a couple of Cyclamens. One to give to my friend tonight. One to keep for myself.
    Swung by TJ's on 114. I noticed tt, they have Gluten-free All Purpose Flour.
    Now have to take a shower and get ready for tonight. Have a good evening everyone.

Sections
Shortcuts