March 2013!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

Re: March 2013!

I just bought a gluten free flour today at Job lots...Pingo,....I think we are on a wave length!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Have a nice evening, Pingo.  Yes, I had seen T.J.'s gluten free flour advertised in their flyer and emailed son and DIL about it.  She has been buying red mill, I think the name is, but said she would give T.J.'s a try.

My cyclamen is dormant right now.  Should be coming back soon.  You almost want to throw it out, it gets so dead looking, but I've been through this before and know it's just resting.  I keep watering it with all my other plants.  No signs of any new life on my orchid either.  Still give that the 2 ice cubes each week.  3 leaves are still green and seem fine.  We'll see.

No supper for me tonight, made a glass of chocolate milk, but I think that's about it.  Not hungry at all - right now anyway.  Have that chicken breast I thawed and will roast that up for tomorrow's supper.  Leftover piece of fish from today will be used in some way for lunch.

Mothermitzi, hope you are doing good.  On my mind a lot as I hear of different accidents/injuries others are suffering.  Do hope you haven't had a setback.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

TT...that is the brand I buy...Red Mill...My BIL even drinks their beer

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Icer, just posted to you in LoseIt - so sorry to miss your post there earlier.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

no problem kar....i am my own rock

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

But, it's nice to be acknowledged, no?  Great work.

Speaking of LoseIt, the moment I logged my cream this morning I got a new badge, "Unstoppable" for logging every day for 16 weeks. I feel like I just got a gold star in kindergarten. :)

DH is messing around with the snowmobile today with a neighbor or two who are planning to ride tomrorrow.  The tinkering will commence when he gets back from his walk with Gracie later this morning...they haven't left yet.

AFM, not sure...feeling like lounging.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Good morning,

Nice to get up to the sun shining.

I've at least 3 loads of laundry to do today and in midst that a birthday call/song to be sung to my oldest.  He can't possibly be that old, or if he is, I can't possibly be his mother!  lol  Wonder if he will get his chocolate cake today or if Lilly will have picked out a "vanilla cake" as she whispered to her Nana.  Also, what decoration she picked out for the top.  He's got some interesting toppers in the past!  I woke up thinking of birthday cakes this morning too, what to do for mine.  I'd like to make a lemon layer with raspberry jam in the middle, but not sure that a layer would cut into enough slices for all of us - if everyone comes.  Could do a batch of cupcakes to go along with.  The kids would probably go more for that as long as they're piled high with frosting.

Well, already showered, so now to get in some old comfortable work-around-the-house clothes, get breakfast, and start on my day.  I'll check in later.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Mmmmmmmmmm, cake!  Lemon raspberry - my mouth is watering at the thought.  I'm sure cupcakes will take care of any shortage.  Funny about the vanilla whisper, lol.

DH is showering and all hyped up about spending the day tinkering in the garage - a true guy's guy.  The neighbor called a few minutes ago practically giddy with the same level of anticipation.

I cleaned like mad yesterday but still need to do the bathrooms.  Exciting, huh?

ETA: Oh, I bought pork chops for today and clarified a few sticks of butter with fresh "poultry" herbs to use for cooking.  I let it simmer for 2 hours so it's very brown and nutty along with being bright green!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Nice to know that they (the men) are out there in the garage playing with their grown up toys, isn't it?

The bathroom is one thing I don't have to clean today.  Probably will get in here at some point and try to get the cat hair off the comforter.  It's too bulky to try to get in the dryer to toss around on the air cycle.  May get the furniture in here polished, easy room to clean, and then it will stay intact until next Sunday.  Right now, dress and breakfast.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from shakersilly2010. Show shakersilly2010's posts

tt, whats in your chicken ala king?  Found a good sale on Scallops yesterday, had them for supper and have enuf to have them again...so good...haven't had any for some time as the price was astranomical (did I spell that right?).  Doesn't the sun look nice?   No storms this weekend, yeah!!  Granson will have his 17th this week....been out and around looking for a gift for him,  he is so hard to buy for, he is into music so I got some cds for him to record on and a bit of cash for whatever.....What do you think of me sending a card to my oldest daughters husband?   I don't hear from her children or him since she passed in 2005, I do send them gifts and cards and I used to send him bd cards......I thought I would get a card with no verse and just write inside, Happy Birthday" to the father of my beloved grandschildren, hope you have a terrific day!  His bd is the 25th, plenty of time to decide.  Am I nuts or what?  ss 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Yeah, DH doesn't really play enough, imo, work at work, work at home...it never ends.  It will be good for him to really relax for the whole day.

Pet fur is so hard to take care of, and it's especially bad to have a black dog and cream baseboards, lol.  I bet Cheerio's isn't so obvious.

They just left for their ski. 

I'm seriously pining for a pork chop...yes, at 9 am, hahaha.  I can smell the herbed butter on the counter...that must be what's doing it.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

SS, your post came up when mine did.

I think it is ALWAYS in good taste and ok to send a card to anyone.  YOU are not in the wrong, and it's too bad they are not staying in touch.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

No, you're not crazy to think of sending SIL card.  Why should you stop being the thoughtful, kind person you are, just because he doesn't reciprocate.  It will make you feel better sending it (and I think the note inside is perfect, btw), and I'm a firm believer in doing the niceties that come from our gut.

As for the chicken ala king - you KNOW you have terrible luck with any of the recipes I give you!!  I'm not going to give you this one and have you do something like "Boiling the sour cream" !!  You're on your own.  Google AllRecipes.com.

Birthday boy just called, house was quiet, so called to talk a bit.  He's bringing a minestrone soup to the gathering next week-end.  Lilly got on the phone and said Papa said he may take a walk with her and show her where he used to play when he was her age.  I told her he used to take a peanut butter sandwich and a dill pickle and go up to play in the woods for the day.  She got a howl out of that.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Indeed, I try to let my behavior reflect who I am and not change it according to the character of the person I'm interacting with.  I don't always succeed, but it reflects poorly on me, not them, when I fail.

happy birthday to DS, tt!!  My mom isn't quite sure how her daughter could possibly be 41, too, lol.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good morning,
    Happy birthday to your oldest son, tt. I had to laugh at --- "I can't be his mother". I will say the same in April, when our son turns 40.
    Your lemon-cake w/ raspberries sounds delicious, and making cup cakes to stretch it sounds great. I would use the same batter as the cake and put a dollop of the raspberry jam in the cup cakes (fill the muffin tins half full, add a teasp. of jam, then cover w/ more batter). I am sure the children will reach for the cupcakes. I am drooling already.
    By all means send your card, ss. I have a similar problem w/ my sister's family after she passed away. But even though I don't hear very often from them, I still send cards and e-mails to my nieces and nephew. I cut off my BIL completely for other reasons.
    DH left early this morning. Even though it is Saturday, and I wish we could spend it together, I don't really mind to have the house to myself, when I am doing my weekly cleaning. No one is at home. Where does the dirt come from?
    Have a good day everyone. Chat later.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

40???  He's just a baby!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

He may be a "baby" and that is the way I think of him fondly, but I still can't believe he is that old. Add some years to that, and that is ME.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

You realize someone that old is reading, lol. ;)

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

I know, I know, Kar. You could be my daughter - LOL. If you were, I would be delighted to have a daughter like you. I have a wonderful DIL, but if I could pick, you would be my second choice.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Awwww, that's so nice, thanks.  You'd have made me a great mom, too.  Hugs! :)

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Kargiver,
    I subscribe to a magazine called "Eating Well". The latest issue arrived today, and it has a feature article on quinoa, with several recipes. One of them a Rhubarb Strawberry dessert, I am dying to try. Thought you might be interested.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Thanks, I haven't thought of quinoa for dessert - let me know if you try it.  I'll check out that mag, too.  Funny how similar our tastes are. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Had pork chops, sauteed mushrooms/onions/garlic deglazed with red wine, and leftover mashed potato all cooked with some of the herbed clarified butter for dinner.  I wanted it yesterday, but glad to have had it all set to go tonight.  Not sure what is on the menu for tomorrow, but I'm essentially on my own - DH will be snowmobiling all day.  Might be one of the last weekends to do it...March gets dicey pretty fast.

Have a good evening, folks,

~kar

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Good Sunday morning,

Paper just got delivered, so will settle down on the couch with that and a cup of coffee in a few minutes.  No sun this morning, and forecast for week shows temps in the 40's, so guess your husband is right in getting out there today to enjoy what snowmobiling snow is left, Kargiver.

Got an email last night from b'day son with pics of THE cake, cards and wrapping paper - all picked out by Lilly.  Cards from her and siblings and one she picked out from her mom and dad were pink Miss Kitty ones, the paper was pink with big lettering "Happy Birthday, sweet birthday girl", and the cake - well, he did get his chocolate, cake, frosting, and decorations all chocolate with crayola crayon candles and in white - "Happy Birthday Papa, I love you". No pic of the gift, but there was talk of her getting him a movie, she thinking he would like "Tinkerbell" !  

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Chocolate cake, after all, funny.  And, Tinkerbell - so cute!

It's definitely the tail end of a less than stellar snow season (if you like snow, that is).  It's flurrying here, and we might get a snow/rain mix off and on this week.  Spring is coming!

Was 66 when we got up, now down to 64.  Just got the fire going, and Gracie is impatiently waiting for it to throw some heat.

having my cuppa, too, on the couch.  I'm not overly fond of the southern cooking shows, but that's what's on.  Maybe I'll try to find a movie.  

Sections
Shortcuts