March 2013!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Re: March 2013!

Cake does sound lovely, Winter, but not as good as Icer's!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

Good morning everyone.  Just browsed through the posts.  So much happeniong already this month!  We were all sick all last week - one after another, one thing after another.  It was awful!  Here's hoping it is all behind us now.

Hope GT is feeling better.  Sciatic pain can be just unbearable.

Princess - glad you had a lovely weekend.  Meredith has always been one of my favorite places, and Church Landing is where DH proposed.  =)  Where did you eat?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from princess-cal. Show princess-cal's posts

Oh, that's nice Nov.  DH and I were saying that it would be a nice place for a wedding also.  We said the "next" time we get married we'll get married there, lol.  We ate at Camp, Waterfall Cafe and Guiseppe's there, then we went up to North Conway for the day on Sunday.  It was all very good!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

On my way out, but checked posts and saw yours, Novem.  G.T. has no more back pain, but his leg is still numb.  Makes me nervous.  Older son who has had a couple of back surgeries had the same thing with what they call a "dead foot", no control of stepping etc.  His surgeon had told him there was a window of time after nerve damage to have it repaired successfully.  Haven't said anything about that to G.T.  I figure the boys will be together Sunday, talking about it, I'm sure, and son can tell him what he wants to.

Gotta run.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

Does he have a herniated disc?  That was my original back injury and had the awful nerve symptoms - burning, numbness, tingling.  I'm sure they will compare notes. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Back home from the airport enjoying the quiet.  Pingo, I'd be "too accomodating" if he were a run of the mill user, but he's honestly disturbed (imo) and my in-laws and DH, not him, per se, are the ones who benefit from my doing it.  Winter, his tv upstairs.  

Tt, goodness, I hope his numbness heals soon without surgery...scary.  My mom had a herniated disk that healed with chiropractic, but it took a good 6 months of agony...as Nov can attest to.

poor DH...he's got his longest work day of the year today.  I, at least, can take a nap.

my leftover Chinese food is done. :)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Oh ok, Kar, that makes sense? Your Dh should have asked him to turn it down a little. Enjpy your nap; spaghetti and meatballs for me. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Rational rules of society don't work in the upside down world of an emotionally ill person.  Not every nut case is locked up...they walk among us.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

Just get some headphones for the tv in the guest bedroom.
    http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2291262

ETA: http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2712243 

This item may be a better choice.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Your suggestion is good, Robin. But a nut case won't use them. They don't think of others.

tt, sorry to hear GT is still having problems w/ his leg. I thought he was all well, since you haven't said anything about it in your latest posts. Numb leg is definitely scary. Hopefully he will take some treatment for it

Just came back from my PT. I am really grateful to have them. Today they had a student, and he looked so much like my UK son. I had a hard time to take my eyes from him, wishing it indeed was my son working there. Even though my son probably has a much better job, where he is.

Nice to see your post, November. Hope you all are well and back to normal now.

Kar, I understand you completely. I am like you in that regard. I do things for my BIL too, only because of DH. Hope you get to rest this afternoon.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

@pingo: I find the term "nut case" extremely offensive, especially when being used to describe someone you don't know.   Do you really think that's helpful?

I'm just saying  that if you have a guest room, I would assume you would want to make it as comfortable as possible, especially for a family member to enjoy.

Otherwise you can't blame them for choosing to stay at a hotel.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Lucky guests to have a TV in the room Kar. We have one TV in the house, well I got DH one for our bedroom for his birthday, so I guess we have two now.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Novem, G.T. does have a herniated disc.  We are a family of bad backs, it seems.  Quite a few years ago when he had another bout of sciatica he went to physical therapy - you know how it is, the insurance insists you go through all kinds of hoops before they will entertain any thought of surgery - physical therapist helped him a lot, told him he had seen a lot of cases dramatically improve with massage treatments, and encouraged him to continue.  He has, and has had no trouble at all until now.  He's comfortable that the back pain has subsided, but I'm worried about that numb leg.  Will see how he seems Sunday.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Roofers are back on the roof, other side of dormer now, taking the siding off and putting in waterproof sheeting.  He came this morning just before I left, when I was making scones in the event GD stopped back for lunch again.  As for the scones, delicious - had bought some light cream to use in the chicken ala king this week-end, and used that instead of the buttermilk - OMG, so good.  Was just about to halve one and have a cuppa, when I saw their ladder go up outside the window - saved me from myself - one a day is enough, I think.

P.S.  My lunch was a salad and a scone, Winter.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

What kind of scone? Glad the roofers came back, hope it's fixed this time. DH had back surgery for the same problem tt. He can't bend over at the waist, and his toes are numb on one side, but other then that it's ok.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Everyone's favorite in this family - cranraisin.  After I posted, went and cut one in half and ate it - then went back for the other half!  I'll have to make sure I make a batch Saturday.  Newton son and DIL always come without any breakfast.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

oh, I'll be over at 5ish for one if you don't mind?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

You're welcome almost any time - but that's a bit toooo early!

ETA:  Oh, were you talking about tonight??  lol  Good idea, because at the rate I'm going no telling how long this batch will last.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Can't talk about BIL anymore; my head might explode.

anyway, our guests aren't that lucky - they only get local channels upstairs and the remote doesn't work.  we only have one truly working TV, and it's in our living room.

cranraisin scones...yum, comfort food.

Too bad about the herniated disc...ugh.  gl with the waterproofing, tt. Hopefully, that'll be it for the roof.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Plan on finishing up the last of the pot roast dinner for supper tonight, with a scoop of applesauce.  Didn't get a whole lot done today.  Stopped by the library for a couple of new books and read a little of one of them.  Have had a sinus headache, I think it is, for 2 days now.  Hoping it doesn't develop into something more.  Cousin said last night how many cases of the stomach bug are around again.

Got an email from my GD, she had to go into work today, so wasn't around.  I know her father fixed a special dinner last night because he'd be working tonight.  She emailed that she was looking forward to Sunday.

Kargiver, I don't think you should second guess yourself about the special "company" you have from time to time.  You do what you are comfortable doing, and any more, confrontational or not,  should be handled by your husband, it's his relative.

Is Hats back yet?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Robin,
    You are right, one should not use that term for someone one doesn't know. However, through Kargiver, I know this person well enough to be able to use it.
    And of course, one should try to to make staying guests as comfortable as possible. At the same token the guests should also respect the host and hostess and not make a nuisance of themselves.

In response to Robin39's comment:

@pingo: I find the term "nut case" extremely offensive, especially when being used to describe someone you don't know.   Do you really think that's helpful?

I'm just saying  that if you have a guest room, I would assume you would want to make it as comfortable as possible, especially for a family member to enjoy.

Otherwise you can't blame them for choosing to stay at a hotel.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Please don't get sick, tt - just before your party. You had a good share of everything last fall/early winter.
    Pot roast with apple sauce sounds yummy. And so does the scones. Have you tried TJ's orange flavored cranraisins? I put them in my muffins sometimes. Delicious!
    Hope the roofers will be able to find the leak this time.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Thanks, tt.  I totally agree - I've set the boundaries regarding what I'm willing to do, and DH runs interference for everything else.  I think a zero tolerance policy, albeit within my rights, is more trouble for me than it would be worth.  

Sinus trouble, goodness, I hope you aren't getting sick.  Can you take anything for sinus pressure that doesn't interfere with your bp meds?  

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

No, I rub Vicks on the bridge of my nose and underneath nostrils.  Won't do that until after I've changed into nightgown so I won't be smearing it when pulling clothes over my head.

Haven't tried the orange flavored cranraisins, haven't even seen them.  I do like the plain, and especially like the addition of light cream to the dough.

A lot of running around to do tomorrow morning for last minute needs.  Hope this snow misses us and we just get the rain.  Enough is enough.  I'm ready for Spring.  Cousin has some little green sprouts peeking up already.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Ah, Vicks - that brings back memories of grandma and bronchitis, lol.

indeed, I'm ready for Spring, too.  I noticed yesterday that there are teeny, tiny buds on the trees.  However, we're supposed to get snow up here in the Worcester hills for sure in the coming storm.

DH will be home late, and I'm drowning my sorrows in the last of the Chinese and some delish Asti sparkling wine.  YUM!  

If you do see the orange craisins I think they'd be absolutely fabulous in the scones.  And, I agree,  light cream makes them.