March 2013!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Re: March 2013!

The orange flavored cranraisins are next to the plain ones, where they keep their nuts and snacks. DH eat them by the handful. I know you like the orange flavor in general, tt.
    Speaking of oranges. Last week I picked up a huge bag of Navel Oranges at TJ's. There were 12 very large oranges for $3.99 (or maybe $4.99). They were wonderfully sweet. We have used them eating out of hand for dessert this past week, and I hope I get over there and get some more, before the storm.
    I can't believe, we are going to have another one, and the latest I read is, there is another one coming next week. Where is Spring? I am ready.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

DH is still 2 hours from home having gotten NO sleep.  And, for the record, his brother IS a nut case.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Good morning everyone.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Hi Winter.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

How is your headache tt? 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

It actually was gone by the time I went to bed last night, so no Vicks.  It's either sinus or neuralgia from the wind, I think.  Thanks for asking.

Getting around to go out and get those last necessary errands done - we're in the calm before the storm right now, I think.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good morning,
    Hope your DH came home safely, Kar, and that you both got a good night's sleep. My DH has days like this, so I know, what it is like.
    How is the roof, tt? Did they finish yesterday or will they be back today? Glad to hear your headache is gone. I mean the head headache, not the roof headache. Hope that will be gone too.
    I am also getting out early and running errands, before I go to the office. Have a couple of scripts to pickup. And I want to get to TJ's.
    Again, there are different opinions about the storm. Some say a foot of snow. Some say no snow at the coast, but 30 miles inland. We will just have to wait and see, what is in store for us. But it is good to be prepared for the worst.
    Have a good day everyone.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

Thank goodness I have you guys.  I didn't even know another storm is on the horizon.  I haven't been awake for the 10PM news in I don't know how long!  Will have to give DH a heads up.

Glad your headache left, tt.  Kar - what a picture - Chinese and bubbly.  I love it!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Been out and am back in - Wanted to hit the Party Store on Route 1, but must have sailed right past it.  That's OK, did just as well at Costco for the plastic plates and CTS for napkins, glasses, and loads of decorations.  Traffic was all backed up on Route 1 South, so figured that was a "sign" - - "Go into Christmas Tree Shop"  !!

Headache is back, right across my forehead, so I think it's to do with the cold and wind.  Costco's parking lot is always a wind tunnel.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Sounds like you got quite a haul for your party on Sunday. Sorry your headache came back. Rest please and have some tea and a scone.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

CTS always has the 2 lb. loaves of Pepperidge Farm pumperknickel bread - bought one of those and had a couple of pieces toasted with a little salad and some applesauce.  Now a big glass of chocolate milk with a cookie I sneaked from those I froze for the party.  And, Y&R, celebrating its 40th year on the air.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Love the decorations I picked up in CTS.  They really had a bounty of stuff for St. Patrick's Day, and a lot of things out for Easter too.  Can't believe how early it is this year.  I have so many bunnies and things already, that all I really need to buy is the candy for kids' baskets, and something special to bring to G.T.'s.  Was thinking of making another of those bread dough woven baskets, but also picked up and put back a couple of different things at Marshall's.  Wondering if either of the 2 gentlemen will be at the Easter table with us this year.  They'll be greatly missed if not.

What is everyone else doing this Easter?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

I'll have to check out CTS. Not sure what we are doing for Easter, maybe I'll make a roast and have my mom over. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

tt, we must have been Costco at the same time today. Picked up my scripts and then went to the meat counter to get some pork tenderloins. I also picked up a rack-o-lamb. Not that I really needed it, but it was such a beauty, that I couldn't leave it there. Very little fat and huge "eyes". Did you see the green Shamrock raviolis? Thought of you and your party, when I saw those.
    Stopped in at TJ's, but no oranges. They were a special item last week. When gone they are gone. But of course I couldn't leave w/o picking up a "few" items. For you ladies that like the Lemon Pepper, TJ's has it in a grinder, so you can grind it fresh whenever you need it. First time I have seen that, so naturally I had to bring one home. Was thinking of the flounder filets, I have in the freezer.
    Leaving my office in a few minutes. Need to stop at S & S on my way home, and I want to beat the after work crowd. The stores were mobbed this morning, and with the storm tmw. it will be just as bad after work hours.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I opened Costco, Pingo, had left the house early because my plan was to stop in I Party first - of course, I never found it, so was in the Costco lot as the doors opened.  I don't buy much in there, too large a volume for just one person.  I just got the scripts and went up to the paper goods department and got some clear plastic plates and dessert plates.  Just checked with the one son I hadn't heard from and they are coming, so in all there will be 19 of us.

The lemon pepper in a grinder sounds great.  I'll have to check next time I'm in there.  Sauteeing some chicken for supper tonight, but can't think of anything I want with.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

19 that's a nice crowd tt. I see a picture link on the bottom..can it be? Nope I tried but the photo needed a URL. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Have a good night everyone. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

Sorry I won't get to make your B'd cake TT...maybe some enchanted evening....SS will show up unannounced with a little white box...one never knows

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Don't tease me, Icer!

Sleepless night from 2:00 on, finally got up at 6:00 when Cheerio woke up.  She's like a time clock, altho some mornings it's earlier than that.

Cleaning on the docket for today.  Talked with GD last night (cookie baking one) and asked if she would come a little early Sunday to decorate the table for me.  Bought all kinds of "things" to scatter about - "Kiss me, I'm Irish" pins, green coins, sequin shamrocks of all sizes, crinkle multi shade green bows to stick on the front overhang.  She'll have a ball.  Got each family a window gel pkg of a pot of gold with a rainbow (love those things, still have some small crows on my back windows).

Who's got snow this morning?  Just a dusting here, and that's not even sticking to the street.  Yesterday they were saying the heavier would be today into tomorrow.  Haven't heard the weather yet this morning to see if that's still forecast.  How did you make out, Kargiver?

Feels like a Saturday to me.  Glad it's not yet.  Want a leisurely Sat to set up and put stickies in the dishes I'm going to use so I'll remember what dish is for what.  Right now it's breakfast time, my stomach is telling me that, no sticky necessary!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from princess-cal. Show princess-cal's posts

Good morning everyone.  Roads were wet this morning with a tiny bit of slush.  Hopefully it won't get too bad.

Mom is still in the hsp with some other complications.  I am hoping to be able to bring her home today.  I'm hoping the snow holds off as it's over an hour drive from me to get to work to the hospital.

TT - sounds like you are ready for your party!  That is quite a crowd.  I have seen your posts on all that you are making, but is anyone bringing anything?  If not, hopefully they will help  with the clean up.  My SIL (DH's brother's wife) and I don't see eye to eye on things, but one thing I can say is she is always so helpful with cleaning up whenever we have everyone over.

We'll probably be doing Easter at my house.  Will invite everyone (my mom, bro & family & DH's bro's and families).  Funny, everyone usually does elaborate spring Easter meals like lamb, etc. and we always do cold cut sandwiches, lol.  Easier for me!

Hope everyone has a nice day, stay dry!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Princess, hope your mother is able to come home today.  Did she have headaches from the surgery?  I had terrible ones for a couple of nights, but not until after I got home.  They had bruised the nerve at the back of my neck when they did mine and I had a crooked tip of my tongue for a few months, and my tongue itself was swollen a bit for a week or so, made it hard to push the food off the back of it.  I know you said they weren't able to actually clean out the artery, but the manipulation they do of your head and neck can cause these other problems.  Not a procedure to be taken lightly.

Your Easter plans sound good to me.  It's all in getting the family together.  Yes, others are bringing dishes.  Oldest is making a crockpot of minestrone soup, G.T. is making oven roasted root veggies, pumpkin's mom is baking something, I'm not sure what others are making.  Youngest son's fam will probably bring pizzas, (that they can eat)  they never eat a meal here.  I always tend to over do - will freeze wowie cupcakes I made last night and frost them Sat, and am going to make some lemon cupcakes too.  I bought a huge pkg of boneless, skinless chicken breasts, to use in my chicken ala king, more than I'll need for that, and will cook up the others and put them out sliced on a platter.  My boys always take care of the clean up, especially intown son, just quietly goes to the sink and starts.  Using the plastic plates eliminates a lot, and I try to do up the pots/pans as they are emptied.  Also going to do the same as I did for our Christmas get together, put all kinds of containers on the table when we're done, for them to help themselves to any and all leftovers - my freezer is full as it is now.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, PINGO!

Hope you have a nice day planned.  I know you said you and DH were taking some friends out to dinner, but I think that is tomorrow.  Whatever your plans, best wishes for a happy and healthy year ahead.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Sorry to miss you guys yesterday - dh and I were both ill.  He actually stayed home yesterday, a minor miracle of necessity.  I took a Dramamine at 10 and we slept and layed around with two movies all day.  "Tower Heist" is witty and fun.

It is snowing, and we got about 1/2" overnight.  We aren't expecting accumulation until the sun goes down, and then we're supposed to get ~8".

happy birthday, Pingo!

got to have my cuppa before I catch up...actually, I might go out to breakfast since I have to send our tax info to the preparer this morning.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from princess-cal. Show princess-cal's posts

OH - Happy Birthday Pingo!

TT - sounds like you are as organized as usual!  Funny how your youngest son's fam never eats at your house.  My brother's in-laws are like that.  They will not eat at anyone else's house.  They always bring (lots and lots) of their own dishes.  She's a fabulous cook, so it works out well, lol.

I'm with you - I always use plastic for everything.  Good think we are casual fam!

I don't think my mom has headaches, but she's getting very confused.  This is so concerning because last time this happened it too her months to snap out of it.  I did call and speak with the nurse though and made sure she'll get her meds.  I think I am going to have to just go up there.  Work can be a second priority.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Being in a hospital or nursing home can really do a job on an elderly person's sense of what's going on.  That's one of the reasons that in every patient's room the large clock is placed across from their bed, so they can easily keep track of what time it is.  When I was hospitalized the hospital also had wall chalk boards in the same position, that say, "Today is Thursday, March 7, 2013.  The rounds doctor today is  Dr. ABC.  Today's room nurse's name is Princess Kargiver, R.N.  The Assistant nurse today  is Pingo Trumpet, RN.  Patients can lose all sense of how much time has gone by, and where they are and why.