March 2013!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Re: March 2013!

800 is very high, princess. Your mom would be almost in coma with an 8oo. Did you wash her finger well, before you took it? Any trace of sugar related stuff, will throw off the blood-sugar. Even hand lotion. Also, don't use alcohol wipes. Alcohol is sugar. Glad to hear, she only is on insulin for a short time.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Princess, sorry to hear your mother is going through extra aggravation right now.  Can't believe she didn't have a stroke with sugar level that high.  I know what you mean about the meds.  Sometimes you wonder.  They give you something to take care of one problem, which in turn creates problems with something else for which they have to give you another pill - - on and on it goes.  Yes, she is lucky that she can afford to go to the next level of assisted living.  And I do understand about the smoking.  My sister couldn't wait to get out of the hospital after heart surgery to take a drag.  She smoked til the day they hospitalized her for the final time, when she couldn't sneak one.  She knew it was killling her, but the addiction was so bad she just couldn't stop. 

Wish I lived in your neighborhood, or Icer's.  This is not a neighborly neighborhood.  Even my neighbor that I used to play cards with all the time, they live 2 houses down, and her  husband never ever came up to even clear the end of my driveway.  The feeling of both of them was, "she has 4 sons, let one of them do it".  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

tt, sounds like a fun time was had by all. Sorry about your hips thought, hope it feels better today. Any lemon cupcakes left?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Are you kidding?  In this family, the sweets are the first to disappear!  Altho, I was pleased to see a pyramid of strawberries I fixed disappear.  Last minute purchase when I picked up the cake, a couple of boxes.  I rinsed, hulled them and piled them in a pyramid on a clear plate and there were just 2 left.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

HaHa.  Just got this email from G.T., and here I thought they had left that lasagna purposely for me!!

"We decided to have lasagna for supper till XXXX discovered that he left our container in your fridge.

I had the Spanish Cream for breakfast. "

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

Hahaa. Sounds like it was a wonderful party TT.  Your family is a blessing.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I guess everyone did have a good time.  Sometimes you get so busy yourself getting everything out and making sure everyone is eating, that you're not sure.  There was a lot of laughter and the "boys" ended up on the front steps as they used to when they were teens, one son sneaking a pipeful (of tobacco, that is) without his wife knowing.  G.T. did say this this morning -

"I think everyone except you know who, had a very good time.  All the food was good.  Haven’t ever had Chicken Ala-King with XXXX.  He liked it a lot. So maybe I will make that some nights."

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Great, tt. All your thoughtful preparations paid off. Must be wonderful to have the entire family gathered at your home. So, who didn't have a good time? Can't imagine you have a sourpuss in your family. Or was GT referring to Cheerio?
    I feel with your legs and hips. That's what kills me too, when I entertain. All the constant little tripping around. Hope you got to enjoy some of your goodies yourself. Great idea with the strawberries. Fruit is always good.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I wanted to do a platterful of mixed cut up fruits, but not a good variety in season now, and the made up platters they did have were $20.  That's how I ended up with a couple of big containers of strawberries $2.99 each and they were good.  S&S has had good USA strawberries for a few weeks now.  I've been buying them each week.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Nice touch for the party, tt. I have been buying those too. They are so good right now. I juice them for our morning juice or use them for after dinner dessert with a dollop of whipped cream.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

I just bought strawberries for the first time in a while, too.  They looked really good. I'm tempted to dip some in chocolate.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

In response to Novembride's comment:

I just bought strawberries for the first time in a while, too.  They looked really good. I'm tempted to dip some in chocolate.

That sounds good.  Even if I'd thought of it, wouldn't have had time yesterday morning tho.  They freshen your mouth after all the other food.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from shakersilly2010. Show shakersilly2010's posts

tt, Glad all had a good time.  Many moons ago my DH smoked a pipe, I think it makes a man look distinguished.....I rememer running after a man who was walking along the street smoking a pipe, it smelt so good, and asking him what it was, went right away and got DH some   (Holiday in the can)...SS  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

In response to pingo's comment:

800 is very high, princess. Your mom would be almost in coma with an 8oo.

Prednisone causes this kind of high blood sugar spike routinely.  Happened to my Dad, his was over 600. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

What a busy busy day. Have a good night everyone. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

TT ...I am glad you had a great Birthday party day...I think SS is coming over to watch the parade with us on Sunday

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

In response to icer's comment:

TT ...I am glad you had a great Birthday party day...I think SS is coming over to watch the parade with us on Sunday

Yes, she told me she was.  I'm jealous, but you two live too far away.  Instead I'll settle for trying to get GD here Sat to make our whoopie pies with slightly tinted green filling.  Then the next week, is it, we'll be doing something for Easter.  I'm thinking cupcakes this year.

Altho the birthday cake was good, I was thinking of your special cake we talked about.

I have to add this P.S.  Did you see the start of Y&R today when it was Jack, my Jack, talking about when he first took over the role and showing clips with a young handsome Victor?  Jack has aged well, or I should say, hasn't aged at all.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

I did see that...I missed the first couple of minutes though...I wonder if they will take turns..I saw on another site that they will have a guest on Y&R....He plays in slasher films and has acted in an Independant Film a friend/client has done(Beg is the name of my friends film)...Todd something is his name...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Good morning everyone. What a nice morning it is today. Spring is on the way everyone, eight days and counting.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Good morning!

busy day yesterday with trip to Worcester with friend, cleaning, laundry, walking Graice, and dinner.  Today, too, with DH's birthday dinner and, yes, special cupcakes because he didn't eat the ones that would half kill him, thankfully.

tt, so happy to read all about your special day!  Sounds like a day for the treasure chest.

prin, I made "cupcake" meatloaf on your recommendation for dinner last night, and they were the best we'd ever had!  And, they cook so fast, too.  Thanks!!

hats, I'm glad you explained the 800 blood sugar; I thought that had to be a mistake.

since upping my maintenance budget at the beginning of March I've finally started leveling off.  I think I found the magic number.

off to the business of the day...have a great day, everyone!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good morning,

Happy birthday to Mr. Kargiver!

Had one of those nights, after sleeping so well for a couple of nights. I never understand why. No changes from the daily routine. I may have had 3 - 4 hours sleep max. In bits and pieces. Oh well, what else is new.
    On my way shortly to my PT. I skipped Friday due to the storm, so I am sure it will hurt today, even though I do all my stretching exercises at home. May just come home afterwards and take a nap.
    The meatloaf cup cake idea I like. Will do that the next time I make it. How long do you bake them? They do have to be cooked all the way through.
    Safe trip to the airport, Kar. Put some good loud music on, and sing to it all the way. Should relieve some of the tension. You have to be in top shape for DH's birthday dinner. With what did you decide to substitute the spinach?

PS. Did your friend enjoy TJ's?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

Pingo, I cook the cupcake meatloafs for 30 minutes at 375.

Question for you Icer -- Are "cakepops" practical?  I am planning a baby shower and was thinking of maybe having individual pops decorated as rattles instead of a traditional cake, or with a smaller traditional cake.  Timing/pricewise would it be worth it?  Do professional bakers make these?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Pingo, I used a meat thermometer to test the doneness of the meatloaf cupcakes, and they were well done (175 degrees) after 30 minutes at 375, convection bake setting, but they were still deliciously moist and had a flavorful crust.  Thanks for the bd wishes for DH.  I found some fat  asparagus at TJ's to make instead of the spinach.  My friend and I had a ball, as always, and she loved TJs.  She said she'd like to go again with me in a couple of Mondays.

nov, I'm not Icer, but I saw a demo of cake pops - they look too time and labor intensive to me; I'd do cupcakes myself.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

Oh, Kar, I'd not be making them, although I wish I had to the time to do so.  I'd order them.  The question is more alogn the lines of whether they are too labor intensive to purchase for a large group (ie $3 per vs. $1.50 per person for cake - these are made up prices.  I have no idea what cake costs per person) to make it worth it.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

Yes, they are more expensive than cake, and I don't find that they taste that good.  If you belong to Costco, their bakery cakes are delicious and cheap - $18.00 for a cake to serve up to 48 people.  Pretty decorations available too.  Check them out if that is possible.

Sections
Shortcuts