March 2013!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Re: March 2013!

45 and sunny - time for our walk!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Picked up quite a few odds and ends in Job Lots, came home and ate then headed out to Marshall's to spend the last of my gift card there.  Bought a beautiful blouse that I'm thinking of for Easter.  Have to make sure it will pair up with one of my white  sweater tops - sleeveless, you know.  I've a couple of weeks to go and may find a different sweater in either the blue or green that's in the print.  Not only sleeveless, but see-through - WooHoo !  Tried it on there and enough of a print that even tho it's sheer you really can't see through it.

Yes, my handsome little pumpkin is already breaking hearts at storytime and playgroup.  The little girls are a bit older and lead him around by the hand.  He hands over whatever toy he has in his hand if they want it - told my GD that will all change in about 6 months!  We're still waiting for him to call his Grampy something - "gr" evidently is not in his vocabulary yet, and we were trying for "Papa", but it seems to be landing on "Baba" !

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

Well Novem I think you are wise to take the easy way but I just wanted to make sure that if your heart was set on cake pops you would have the tools. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from shakersilly2010. Show shakersilly2010's posts

tt. your little pumpkin is adorable....watch out, that "Baba" may just stick.  My oldest girl called my Dad "Mecca", don't know where it came from and as many times as we said "Papa" or "Grampa" she came right back with "Mecca"..... ss

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

The Catholic Church has elected their new pope - the Cardinal from Argentina.  He has taken the name Francis and will be known as Pope Francis 1.  Have been watching the ceremony with him being introduced on the balcony and humbly speaking to the crowds, and asking them to pray for him.  He has a very simple down to Earth manner.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

My great-grandmother was Mammie to everyone after my aunt called her that instead of Grammy when she was learning to talk...like ss says, you never know what might stick!

Sleeveless AND see-through, tt?  Va va voom!

Walked about 5 miles, and it was lovely in the sun, but in the shade the breeze was cold.  I'm glad to be in, but Gracie went right back out after she had her dinner.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Nana seems to be coming out Ninny, so I think my DIL and I have more to worry about than "Baba"! lol

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Yes you will have more to worry about if he sticks to "Ninny". He's just as sweet as can be. Just came back here to post and saw his picture and it made me smile.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Oh, no...Ninny is a concern, indeed, LOL.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

And, for any of you who occassionally post in Parents, be sure to visit "Message from Misslily;" her mom just passed of cancer.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from princess-cal. Show princess-cal's posts

TT - Pumpkin is ADORABLE!  What a great avatar just in time for St. Patty's Day!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Thanks.  He is the joy of our lives right now.  But, he has a brother coming along - he'll have to share some of the adolation soon.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

Thank you for the info, Kar.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Sure - I figured it might be missed by less frequent Parents posters.

tt, I always wonder how the first child will respond to a new baby...I'd think it would be hard.  I don't know; I'm an only child.  I acquired 4 step-brothers when I was 16, but that's different. My friends are doing well - their 3 yo is doing great with her three 9 month old brothers, and what a challenge that had to be!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

More than photos disappear today. My earlier post is gone. Not that is matter much, but it is annoying.

I didn't understand, why Ninny would be so upsetting, until I googled it. I thought it sounded cute and still do. Maybe that little pumpkin has the right idea. We must look really silly, when we stand on our heads and do other silly things to amuse our babies and toddlers.

Went to the bank earlier and took a 5 minutes walk. Just around the S & S parking lot. It was really nice to feel the sun. Just like Spring.

Have a good evening all.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Pingo, how did your hip handle the jaunt?  Is your new therapy helping?  The lighter I am, the less trouble I have with mine - are you finding that your 20 lbs is impacting yours?  It must be, I'd think.  That weight is multiplied many times over on our joints.  

I went back and forth between being warm and cold on our walk - in the sun it was fabulous, in the shade I was freezing!  DH is out taking a walk, now, enjoying the time change and later sunset.

I made a quick cooking brown rice with dried onion flakes, soup starter, and curry powder (20 minutes total) and cut up some leftover lamb and let the hot rice warm it.  Goodness, it tastes as good as an expensive lamb curry at an Inidan restaurant!  Highly recommend.  If I had had raisins I'd have tossed those in, too.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from princess-cal. Show princess-cal's posts

Good morning all.  I'm thinking we are in the clear for spring now????  Hopefully, though you never know in New England. 

TT - there's been a lot of excitement in my house (MIL) about the new pope.

Mom is getting better each day.  I knew getting her back into her element would help her a lot.  She just never does well when she is taken out of her routine.

Things are very busy at work with all of the healthcare reform, etc.  I don't mind though, I am really working on interesting things.

Have a great day everyone!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Good morning,

So glad to hear your mother is doing better, Princess.  It's the familiar surroundings.  Is she getting the increased care as far as her meds, or have you held off on that to see how she does?  I'm exci ted about the election of the new pope too.  He seems such a humble, gentle  man.  I just wish he were younger so we would have the benefit of his leanings longer.

Icer, did you see Adam at the beginning of the show yesterday?  I've come to really love that character, and you could see by listening to him that he feels it's a great character to portray.

Much to do at home today, and then have to run out for more bottled water.  The party depleted most of it, while the bottles of wine sat unopened.  That's OK.  Guess the guys in our family are the beer drinkers, and the ladies - water.  Know there was something else I wanted to comment on, but a little flashing light tells me that Windows wants to finish updating and will be restarting the computer in x amount of minutes.  Haven't logged into IE yet, and that's probably  got something to do with it.

Did the old exercise again this morning before getting out of bed, Pingo, and no hip pain.  Wish it would work at night when I try to lie on either side.  Wake up every couple of hours because in my sleep I've rolled over.  I'll check in later.  Have a good day everyone.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Good morning,

tt, I'll come help with the wine - it's BIL airport pickup day.  I'll crank the tunes for the ride there, Pingo. :)

prin, glad your mom is improving; ironically, the hospital is a death trap imo, a necessary evil.

back to Winter?  I was surprised to see it 63 in here this morning...have the fire going, and you know where Gracie is.

hoping with all my being that BIL gets in his truck and goes home when we get back.  He's threatening, as usual, to stay for days.  Chances are slim he'll do that, but who knows.

Signing off for now to walk Gracie before her crate stint and get going...sigh.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good morning,
    I am hoping with you, princess, that Spring has finally arrived. Gorgeous out for the past two days. I am glad to hear, your mother is doing better. Maybe you don't need that extra care after all.
    Sorry to hear you are having such trouble with your hips these days, tt. Could be the weather change or all the running around and preparations for your party combined with the change in weather. Good you have found a way to manage the pain. I don't do that particular exercise, but some similar to it, also before I get out of bed. Will not hurt to add yours to them. Could you possibly have bursitis? Aka inflammation of the hip joint. Some ultra sound treatments will work wonders on that. They did away with my bursitis.
    Uh! Just looked at the temperature. Cold out again. And gloomy looking. So disappointing.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Put on some happy tunes and sing along on your way to pick up BIL, Kargiver.  Don't let him dampen your mood.  Be so cheery he won't be able to stand the thought of staying a few days! lol

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Just saw your post, Kar. Thought you picked up BIL Tuesday. Hope for you it is your last trip as a limousine driver for BIL.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Indeed, Winter has reminded us it's not Spring yet!

tt, good idea - too bad I don't take Valium, LOL.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Interesting about the ultra sound treatments, Pingo.  Bursitis was mentioned years ago in that hip, and the NP mentioned the possibility of it when I had B.P. checked.  Have a regular appt with dr. (if they ever set it up - he's soo busy, you know.  Drives me crazy) in May and will talk more with him about it then if I'm still troubled with it.  Was thinking a lot of it had to do with the barometer changes during the winter months.  Ah well, I'm very grateful that the pain is worse at night and doesn't stop me from moving around during the days.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Ultrasound cures bursitis?  My poor grandmother suffered with that and no one ever told her...sigh.

as lazy as this might be, Gracie is out taking care of business and exploring the yard so I'm not so inclined to walk her before I go...I'd actually like to leave early and stop to shop for bras in Natick on the way.