March 2013!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Re: March 2013!

I vote for giving yourself a shopping trip on the way.  That way, when you get back if BIL stays you can explain that because of picking him up at airport you didn't have a chance to walk Gracie, and that now you just have to or she'll keep you all up at night!  Bonus - you get alone time while you're walking - haha

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Sounds like perfect plans, tt. Both the one you outlined for Kar, and to talk to your doc about some ultrasound treatments. Bursitis is so painful, and it will wake you up at night, when you roll over. The PT does them in connection with simple exercises, like the one you do in bed in the morning. It is supposed to give a better blood flow to the inflamed joint. It worked for me; I couldn't sleep on my left side at all. Now she is working on my knee. Hope I will get relief there too. It takes several treatments (I had 8 for my hip), before you feel real relief. Your health insurance should cover it. But why suffer until May? Have you ever had PT? I go to a place in Saugus. They are wonderful there. Very knowledgeable and they don't push you hard.

I know you are so not looking forward to your AP trip, Kar. Great idea to combine it w/ some shopping. May make you feel better.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I'm waiting because I'm hoping warmer weather will let it go back to normal.  Never heard of a PT place in Saugus - is it on the pike?  Would never go back to the one in Centennial Park.  Complained to them and to my doctor, they don't take into consideration your lack of exercise or age when they start you out, even after being reminded.  Set me back weeks.  However, for now I'll just glide along.  Speaking of which, have got to get showered and dressed and set a time frame for myself, a little game I play, of what I want to get done before it's time to sit down for lunch and Y&R.  then I set another goal or two before 3:00 and Dr. Phil.  Amazing how much you can get done when you're working against time.  And the best part, if I don't meet the deadlines - who cares?!  There's always tomorrow.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

tt, I read you loud and clear about the PT's that don't take into account your age and lack of exercise. The place, I went to in Reading a couple of years ago, was like that.
    This place is in the same strip mall as iParty going North on Rt. 1. They are gentle and don't make you do anything, you can't do. On the contrary. They keep telling me, if it hurts I am going too far. You are not there for a boot camp and to lose weight. You are there to gain flexibility and strength and to improve your blood circulation in your joints. I am happy with them and can recommend them highly. Of course, when you first wake up those unused muscles, you will feel the stretches and such, but that will pass as you use them more.
    Even if you wait for the warmer weather, a round of PT won't hurt you.

Kar, you asked me, how my walk went yesterday. I am so please to say, it went well. But it was only for 5 - 10 minutes. As the weather gets better, I will add some more time. I am hoping to visit UK son in late May. He doesn't have a car there, so there will be a lot of walking. I am training for it. LOL

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I laughed when you said where PT was - no wonder I'm not aware of it - remember the other day I was looking for IParty and flew right by that little mall.  It must be right after Kowloon's or that Red something motel/hotel.  So many little strip malls along Route 1, you really have to know where to turn in if you're looking for some place.  Always wanted to go to that Swedish bakery in along there, and now, I think they're gone.

Nice that a visit is in the plans for England.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Hello everyone. Such a busy morning, this is the first moment I've had to write. When I was in PT for me ACL/MCL I had ultrasounds treatments, it really helped.

For lunch I am having leftover meatloaf, scallpoed potatoes and corn.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Lunch here was a couple of spoonfuls of macaroni salad, two slices of leftover pizza, a half a piece of birthday cake.

Icer, I think the actor you spoke of will appear on Y&R today as a hit man hired by the Senator.  Saw a little preview yesterday.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Quite a bit done in between things.  Waiting to hear back which day GD wants to come to make the St. Paddy whoopie pies.  Figure I'll stay in and straighten up things today and then run out in the morning for the marshmallow, water, and a small corned beef.  Have some cabbage in crisper, I think, tho I will have to check that.  Love my dish of cabbage with butter, vinegar and salt and pepper.  Tomorrow she only has half a day of school, but I suspect there'll be plans with friends and their mothers for lunch and a play date.

Cat is looking for a warm body to snuggle against today.  Don't see how she can be cold, it's comfortable in the house, and there are plenty of places with the sun shining in now.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Thanks for the support re BIL and the AP.  Both were fine...as fine as one can be with a wolf in sheep's clothing - he was "all sheep" today.  I did improve the day dramatically by going shopping and finding 4 perfect bras (all the same style, but different colors).  So, I'm finally all set with respect to my bras ending up around my waist, lol.

Unfortunately, he is staying the night, though, and is running errands right now that will bring him back here around 5:30.  So, I need to walk Gracie, hit the local grocery store, and get back before then.  I'll also get some beer.  I am adoring Sam Adam's Spring Variety Pack this year.  I have one of 12 left so I'll pick up another pack today.  In the absence of valium, beer will do. ;)

Pingo, good news about your 5 - 10 minute jaunt being OK.  When my hips are bothering me, that much can be painful so I think that's a good sign.  No car in TX?  I thought you needed a car wherever you lived there!

Time is ticking down...out I go with Gracie.  Must bundle up today...that WIND is COLD!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

---No car in TX?---

Oh yes, they have plenty of cars in TX. You are skimming again, Kar. But w/ BIL staying over, you are excused - LOL.
    I am hoping to go and visit our son in UK in late May. He lives downtown and don't need a car. Will probably rent one for a couple of days, so we can visit the country side.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Putting away the last of the things from Sunday and came across the bowl of St. Paddy's Day pins.  Forgot to have the kids choose one for their jackets, i.e. "Kiss me I'm Irish",  "Erin go Bragh"  several others including the perfect one for pumpkin - "I'm a Leprachaun".  My kids used to love to wear them, but probably the kids today wouldn't.  I know the one Lilly would have chosen - "Kiss me I'm Irish"!  I would have tried to give that to 12 yr. old GS who would have blushed and said, "No, Nana."

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

Happy to hear BIL is having a "sheep" day - at least it may make him mor tolerable.  And bonus that you found your new bras.  Nothing makes you feel better than a brand new well fitting bra IMO.  I am already looking forward to a bra buying spree when I finishing pumping for DD.  =)

Too bad about the pins, tt.  Can you send them along with the whoopie pies?  Tonight is our family St. Patty's celebration.  DD has a onsie that a cousin made that bears a shamrock and "Kiss me I'm a LastName."  So cute!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

How cute, Novem.  GD who is coming to make whoopie pies and her bro, I know, won't wear one - they are half Italian, their grandparents live with them, and wear that badge proudly.

It's a good idea about sending them along tho, with other son, pumpkin's "Baba", I can send them along, including pumpkin's and they can wear, or not.  Won't see Lilly Bug, and she would be the only enthusiastic one - bless her.

Enjoy your celebration.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Leafing through some magazines DIL brought over, and came across:

Seeds for Sounder Sleep - which says that pumpkin seeds pack magnesium, that may ward off migraines and improve sleep.  

Thought it might be helpful to Kargiver for her migraines, and Pingo and me for our sleepless nights.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

tt, my DS who is mostly Italian/Sicilian Portuguese...looks like my mom's side, all Irish. He does however have a very Italian last name. 

Novem, that onsie sounds adorable. Have a fun time at the celebration. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

GD just called, "Nana can we make vanilla whoopie pies, because I don't really like chocolate" - - - -

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

Migraines are a vascular disorder, they are actually in the epilepsy family, a magnesium supplement may be helpful, but the bottom line: you need a good neurologist and treatment plan/meds unique to the individual experiencing them.  

The main things I have found important to avoid are MSG and all artificial sweeteners.   Red wine/beer, alcohol are to be used with caution, if at all.

I almost forgot, NITRATES,  avoid at all costs.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Thanks tt and robin.  Pumpkin seeds also help with urinary incontinence if you can believe that!  They are the first ingredient in Gracie's natural bladder control pills, and they work because if we run out she leaks/drips.  So many natural remedies out there.

prin, love the "sheep day" reference.  I tend to get sheep times in the car because he knows I'll actually pull over with the expectation that he'll shape up or get out so he avoids that.  The only honest compliment I can offer him is that he really is smart.

Love all the St. Patrick's Day baby clothes!!!  Adorable, just adorable.

I'm enjoying a nice Sam Adam's Whitewater IPA.  For anyone here that knows a hoppy, but not overly hoppy, beer lover out there this is the one.  Smooth and mildly bitter, decent head for an IPA.

I have a few things I need to do before BIL returns and DH gets home an hour after.  Prin, you are SAVING me with these easy, quick meatloaf muffins.  Thanks!!

Have a great night, everyone.  Thanks for listening to me b____. :)

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Kar, you sounds like you are in good mood, despite having to put up with BIL. Must be Sam Adams. You never go wrong w/ a Sam Adams. Remember to unplug the TV upstairs tonight - or even better cut off the cord (after you unplug it of course).

Going home. Have a good night everyone.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Yeah, LOL, it's the beer.  And, the fact that he isn't here and might still just go home.  

Have a great night!! 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

TT...I loved todays show...It was about Phyllis/Michele...and then she was on the Talk....I love her more now than I did before...wish I saw the Adam one you spoke of

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Huge fight, BIL peeled out at 10.  DH in middle.  Me beyond disgusted.  Seems there's no end in sight and no solution.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

...guess who just stormed back.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

...for his watch and left, again.  

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from princess-cal. Show princess-cal's posts

Oh Kar, what a night.  I just can't believe his antics.  After all you guys have done for him?  What set him off this time?  Just let it go.  Hopefully it's the last straw and your DH agrees you should be done with him!

TT - I'd wear one of those pins!  I am 100% Scotch, an my DH is 1/2 Irish, 1/2 Italian, but we have a very Irish last name. So, between my red hair and last name, I can totally get away with being Irish on St. Patty's Day!