March 2013!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Re: March 2013!

Thanks, Prin - I can't even talk about it.

I'm 1/4 Scott. :)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from shakersilly2010. Show shakersilly2010's posts

In response to princess-cal's comment:

Oh Kar, what a night.  I just can't believe his antics.  After all you guys have done for him?  What set him off this time?  Just let it go.  Hopefully it's the last straw and your DH agrees you should be done with him!

TT - I'd wear one of those pins!  I am 100% Scotch, an my DH is 1/2 Irish, 1/2 Italian, but we have a very Irish last name. So, between my red hair and last name, I can totally get away with being Irish on St. Patty's Day!

Prin, I'm French,Scotch & English, but like you I have (had) red hair so everyone assums your Irish. One of my cousins had red hair and altho she is now in her 80's and red hair long gone, everyone still calls her Irish.  SS

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Good morning,

Kargiver, I would be saying out loud to my husband and anyone else who would listen - "That's it.  Don't talk to me again about picking him up at the airport or giving him the hospitality of staying here."  Put it out of your mind - he won't be back today and you can enjoy getting out for a long walk with Gracie.  -  Got any pumpkin seeds?  lol

Icer, I was so mad with myself that I didn't see her on The Talk.  I don't watch that show, but had seen a blurb that she would be on - completely forgot about it.  I did see her on the beginning of Y&R tho.  I felt the same way about the Adam interview as you did Phyllis.  He came across so likeable and as tho he truly felt that he was so lucky to be able to portray that character's multi personality.

Princess, I have the buttons on the table for GD to see when she comes tomorrow.  I'm going to give her the "Kiss me I'm Irish" one and tell her to give it to her bro and tell him Nana said he should wear it!  Being 12, he'll get embarrassed and laugh.  He does  have a "girlfriend" or so we call her.  Plays on the basketball team and that's why he likes her, she's as good a shot as any of the guys, and tho small, really weaves in and out and steals the basketball.  Ah, young love.  Grown up love should be so uncomplicated.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

SS!  I'm shocked!!  You're not Irish???  Why do I send you a St. Paddy's day card every year then?????

ETA:  Enjoy this year's, I won't be sending you one anymore!  lol

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

Red hair is a very Scots thing, actually, as well as an Irish thing.  Husband's family is Scots, all red heads. 

BTW did you know that recent genealogical research posits that red hair is something that came into the present human genome from the Neanderthals?  That's why there is such unreasoning prejudice (especially in Britain) against red heads as a vestige of suspicion of the red-haired "others," and why red heads feel pain more acutely and react differently to drugs than darker haired people.  It's genetic.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

Oh, Kar.  So sorry your night took such a lousy turn.  I agree with the others and hope that DH will see this as the last straw and know that you have to cut off all interaction with him.  But, at least he is gone and you can start a new day today.

TT you must chagne your avatar.  I jsut want to reach in the screen and squeeze those little cheeks!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Good morning. Kar, so sorry about your BIL hopefully that is the last time he'll be staying over your house. I'm a mixed mongrul of sorts as well. I'm half Portuguese, 1/4 Irish and 1/4 Scottish. My DH is a red head and he's Scottish and Candian. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

He wouldn't let you squeeze them, but he would allow a kiss on them!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

KAR, I hope the incubus is gone for good from your "little grey home in the west." (Old song...)

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Awe tt, he's just so sweet. I'll get in line to kiss those cheeks behind Novem!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from princess-cal. Show princess-cal's posts

Very interesting Hats.  I know there were things going around the internet a while ago about "gingers," lol.  My DIL (the one I adore) always calls me that now.  To this day I remember my 6th grade teach (a male) would say to me every day "I'd rather be dead than have red on my head."  To this day I still dislike him, lol.  I used to hate it, but have grown to like it.  Although, I see I am sprouting a few grays - ruh roh! 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

Am I remebering right that he has a little brother on the way?  Or do they not know yet?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good morning,
    So sorry to hear your night w/ BIL went so wrong, Kar. Hopefully this is the last time you made the AP trip and have him stay over. I agree totally w/ tt, sit down with DH in a quiet moment, and tell him that this is it. I am sure DH does not want to see you being abused over and over again. Try to let is roll off your shoulders and start a new phase - sans BIL - in your life.

Interesting about all the red haired, Hats. And I didn't realize we have so many red haired chatters. I am through and through Scandinavian. No interference here. And Brits looks suspicious towards red haired people? Poor Prince Harry.

On my way to PT. Will check in later. Have a great day all.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Yes, a little brother will arrive in July.  We were all trying to get clues as to his name Sunday, but all she'd say is that they're wavering between 2 names and will wait until he is born to see which fits him.  Very Irish, says she.  It won't be your usual Sean etc., she really reaches for names, even the dogs have mythical names.  She goes more for the meaning of the name.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Pingo, on some channel I was flipping through last night they showed a town in Denmark with all different colored houses - I think it was originally a fishing village, is a tourist vacation spot now, because they've kept the original integrity of the buildings - no new fancy structures there.  Quite charming, made you want to visit there.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

I am half Irish and half Cuban...My parents were Lucy and Ricky

Kar I am so sorry for all your drama...In my family, I have adopted a No Drama policy...My life is soooo much better for it!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Nanny friend just called.  She's looking into some buddhist meditation groups and wanted to know if I'd like to go.  I told her not to mention things to me if she didn't want me to go, (I'm old enough to be her mother), so she'll let me know when she finds out the particulars.  We go to a meditation group, but this I'd really like.

Dressed, and trying to talk myself into getting out - lazy day.  Crazy dreams last night, you'd have thought I'd been watching a kids program - a huge alligator stretched and came up out of my little pond and grabbed my intown son who was working around the yard.  I began clapping two wooden spoons together to scare him, but finally he held out his paw to me, son was tangled up in threads like a puppet, and it in turn was tangled all around the crocodile's paw.  He wanted me to get it off !!  Boy, there's a lot there to look up in a dream book - and I only set the Bailey's Irish Creme on the kitchen table, hadn't even had any yet!!  LOL

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Thank you, all, so much for the encouragement and well wishes.  Things have changed.  They keep getting repeated, though, because DH mistakenly believes that forgiveness entails accepting bad behavior ad nauseum.  So, I'll have to be patient and see how things really play out.  In the meantime, life goes on.

Brrrr!  We've been spoiled with warm overnight temps and let a small fire go out early.  It was 59 in here this morning.  I've had the fire cranked for almost 3 hours, and we're up to 62...balmy, lol.

Winter, we are of very similar ancestry!  I'm 1/4 Portuguese, 1/4 Scott, 1/4 English, and I honestly don't know my paternal grandmother's country of origin so I'm 1/4 mystery. I have a reddish cast to my hair, but only in bright sun.

DH just left with Gracie to go skiing.  I'm making coffee.  I had breakfast first, a rarity of order, but I woke up hungry for some reason.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Too funny Kar. I have red highlights in the sun as well. Hope all goes well for you today. DH is off that's a nice treat I'm sure. 

tt, what a dream. The mediation group sounds cool. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Yeah, especially after that dream!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Given our ancestry being so similar, I wonder if we look somewhat alike, not just the hair?  Interesting. :)

Indeed, DH and I are getting along well post-trauma, but alone time is nice, too, after all this mess.  You can only talk about it so much, but not talking about it can be just as difficult.  So tired...I didn't sleep at all.  Strangely, DH slept better than ever.

ETA:  tt, just saw your horrible dream - WEIRD and terrifying!!  Do you fear for son's safety for some reason in real life?  Emotional or physical?  Like something is after him...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

No, and in the dream I wasn't afraid.  The  alligator was talking - how afraid can you be of a talking alligator?  lol

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Depends on what he said, hahaha!!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Well I have dark brown hair and dark brown eyes. I'm also short at 5'4 1/5. Medium skin tone and I don't burn in the sun and tan quickly. Wow tt a talking alligator, if I needed know any better I'd think you were driking that Bailey's before bed. :) 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

He said, "Can you get this off my hand?  It's all tangled up and starting to bleed."  Now, I ask you, afraid of a big fat alligator?  Besides, it all took place in my childhood backyard - where I imagined all kinds of things - including the moon coming down to play with me one day!

Sections
Shortcuts