March 2013!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Re: March 2013!

Well.  What can I say??  Thanks for the many birthday wishes.  Had a blood draw that I'd been procrastinating on, so made up my mind to go out this morning and get that done.  Got my hair cut on the way, and hobbled into Trader Joe's for some cranraisins to replenish my supply, and a bag of pumpkin seeds (our talk about them got me thinking of pumpkin seeds I ate as a kid).  Had wanted to stop in CTS on the way home and buy a trifle dish, but I was in such pain I knew I couldn't make it.  

Brightening of my day tho, as I got in, the florist pulled up with a beautiful basket of flowering plants from the lady with cancer who has just finished her chemo - she's the  one who had sent me the orchid last year on my birthday.  Such a thoughtful person.  And then, I got on to check the boards and saw the beautiful poem Hats has posted for me.  Thank you, Hats, I'm really touched that you would do that.  CC'd it and emailed to G.T., since he's mentioned, figured he should get some enjoyment from it too!

No special plans today, and just as well.  I couldn't do any more walking.  Have not been taking anything other than one ibuprofen at the beginning, and a tylenol now and then, but after lunch (a delicious corned beef sandwich), I'll take a muscle relaxant - then I never know, ice or heat?

Thank you again for your thoughts, friends.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Great poem, Hats. I posted that once, but my post went puff.
    You got tt to the "t(t)". We are so lucky, that we have so talented poets in our chat family.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Sorry to hear you are in such pain on your birthday, tt. Pain can be so devastating, and I am sure you follow Doc's orders. I was told, when the pain is really, really bad, I can take  4 tablets of 200 mg. Motrin 4 times a day. If I were you, I would give the doc a call. He may have a better solution. I know you are watching your createnin, but there is no reason to keep suffering. Don't wait until May.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

TT so sorry you are in pain on your birthday.  Try a couple more ibuprofen if you can.   I used my bike trainer this morning and I took the pills before I did because the moment I lift my leg over the saddle, pain ensues.....

Glad you liked the poem and it's terribly nice to get flowers isn't it?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

The amount of Motrin mentioned by a previous poster is the maximum allowed per day and considered a prescription dose.

Just because a med is OTC doesn't mean it is safe or benign.

Many people can't tolerate Motrin and/or find it ineffective...it does a job on the stomach.  

PS:  However, if your dr thinks it's a good idea, you could ask him for a script for the 800 mg (Motrin), might save you a few bucks.  They usually don't prescribe it for mild/moderate pain though.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Robin, I trust tt enough to discuss this with her doctor. True 800 mg is the max. But when you are in tremendous pain, relief can do wonders. Pain is not good for your body. It is there to tell you something is wrong. And that dose is not something one would stay on for more than a few days anyway.

A script of 800 mg tablets is more expensive than Kirkland's 200 mg OTC. Peter told me himself. Besides, one may not need 800 mg, but could try 400 or 600 mg.

PS. Are you watching DWTS tonight? Hope DH is taping it for me. The program is on too late for me.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

Of course I'm watching DWTS tonight.

If the dr is suggesting you take 800 mg of Motrin at a time (as needed) I think he should provide you with a script is all I'm saying.

You shouldn't have to take 4 pills at a time instead of one, plus your use would be carefully monitored.

You can never be sure about those generic drugs,  who knows what gobbledygook stuff is in the coating, sometimes it makes a difference!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from shakersilly2010. Show shakersilly2010's posts

I posted earlier, but it wouldn't take it!! Happy Birthday tt, so sorry your in pain, hope you can find some relief.  Icer. Thank you so much for your hospitality yesterday, DD and  I enjoyed ourselves very much, DD took pictures of the bagpipes and when she put them on the computer I could hear them, I could listen to them all day.....she gave me orders (haha) to look for some Chai tea, those calzones were delicious, what was in them.?  Will see you on Sat., when did you say the next parade was?? (smile)  SS  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Well, you two, don't argue about Motrin for my sake - I can't take them anyway, they make me sick to my stomach!  I did take an ibuprofen and will continue on with those today.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Robin, your concern is well meant. Thanks! In my case it was an emergency call on a Sat. afternoon a couple of months ago. Couldn't put weight on my left leg. Took them for two days and haven't needed them since.
    If Peter, the pharmacist, says they are ok - then they are ok. I trust him as much as I trust my doctor.

Ps. I didn't realize DWTS is back to the 8 o'clock slot. I still prefer to watch it taped though in order to avoid all the adds.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

In response to toytrumpet's comment:

Well, you two, don't argue about Motrin for my sake - I can't take them anyway, they make me sick to my stomach!  I did take an ibuprofen and will continue on with those today.

Ibuprofen is Motrin.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

In response to shakersilly2010's comment:

I posted earlier, but it wouldn't take it!! Happy Birthday tt, so sorry your in pain, hope you can find some relief.  Icer. Thank you so much for your hospitality yesterday, DD and  I enjoyed ourselves very much, DD took pictures of the bagpipes and when she put them on the computer I could hear them, I could listen to them all day.....she gave me orders (haha) to look for some Chai tea, those calzones were delicious, what was in them.?  Will see you on Sat., when did you say the next parade was?? (smile)  SS  

Its made by a company called something Train....I first got it at Marylous ...then I found the company...Big Train..I think is the brand name but the coffee house is Hufford..I buy it on line ...it is yummy.

Glad you guys had fun...I know you love the bagpipes..hehehe

I will let you know the next event that comes up

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

In response to Robin39's comment:

In response to toytrumpet's comment:

Ibuprofen is Motrin.

It must be the difference in strength that I had then.  These ib are only 200.  I'm sure the motrin brand was stronger.  No stomach problems with these that I took today.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Happy birthday, tt!!  Hope you are feeling better soon.

had a decent TJ's trip, but they were out of beef briskets so will have to put that off another week.  Got chicken breasts instead, but their culinary fate has not yet been decided.

Stopped at the Lady Grace across from TJ's, and the saleslady there measured me as the same size as the Soma and VS staff - I thought the first one was nuts, but they can't all be wrong.  None of them carry it in their stores so I ordered a couple online...hate to do that because I'll have to pay shipping to return them if they don't fit, but they all seemed confident it's correct.

Back to the chores of the day.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

In response to pingo's comment:

(excerpt)

A script of 800 mg tablets is more expensive than Kirkland's 200 mg OTC. Peter told me himself. Besides, one may not need 800 mg, but could try 400 or 600 mg.  [end quote]

Prescription ibuprofen actually comes in 400, 600, 800, or 1000 mg tablets.
    Over the counter ibuprofen such as advil or motrin are 200 mg doses.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Brrr...just forced myself to walk Gracie.  Raw, cold, positively wintery.  Guess that makes sense since we're about to get a foot of snow tonight!

but, shouldnt complain - toasty warm in here. :)

leftover spinach/kale soup for dinner.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from princess-cal. Show princess-cal's posts

Well, made it in, but it was quite slippery and snowy out there.  I can only imagine what the ride home is going to be like, argh!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

In response to princess-cal's comment:

Well, made it in, but it was quite slippery and snowy out there.  I can only imagine what the ride home is going to be like, argh!

Just had WBZ on and as for the ride home, they said, "not pretty".

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Yeah, looks awful - it's starting to sleet over the 3 - 4 inches (foot???) we got.  Nasty stuff for the roads!  DH is going in late.

More later. :)

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good morning,
    Hope everyone will be safe driving, if they have to, today.  I am so glad I moved my today's PT appointment till tmw.

DH ws out earlier to clean a path, so he could get his car out. We have about 10 inches.
    How are the aches and pain this morning, tt? Hope you are feeling better. Must be the change of weather; all my joints were aching last night. Did have a good night's sleep in spite of it.

Haven't decided what I will use this free day for yet. Maybe some closet cleaning. Have to get our summer clothes ready for our trip to TX in April. And I don't know, how much will fit me after my almost 20 pounds weight loss. I will probably have my sewing machine up and running, taking in most of it. I also have some cream, I need to use. May make a batch of tt's cranberry scones. And then there is always ironing to be done.

Have a good day and stay safe.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

About 8 inches here so we'll be shoveling again when it stops.  Just lucky that there's nothing scheduled that we'll have to cancel and rebook.  I had a meeting last night that I wanted to get over, so that's a mercy.

Stay safe and warm all. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Good morning,

Still limping along this morning.  Slept good - pumpkin seeds??  

Looking out at the birdbath it looks close to a ruler high - probably more like 10 inches as you said, Pingo.  However much, am waiting for the rain to come and hopefully melt some of it down because I won't be out there with my trusty little red shovel this time around.

Wishing I had pushed myself to go down those cellar stairs and do a wash yesterday, getting low on colored clothes.  Can't today, the dryer vent is close to the ground and completely hidden this morning.  Also wish I  had managed to get to library on the way home, as I had planned, for some new reading.  Think there might be a Patterson paperback I had started and not finished that I can pick up.

Road is turning to slush, so I imagine the main roads are OK, just slow driving.  Thinking of the mornings when I worked when I'd have been out driving in this already, up and down hills, getting to work in my dependable little Nissan.  Only once did I spin completely around.

Time to get dressed and ready for whatever plow guy comes, new or old.  If it's the new want to see if they'll shovel for extra money.  Those who have to drive, be careful, and those of us who can hunker down inside - lucky us.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from shakersilly2010. Show shakersilly2010's posts

They say 6" to 8" here.  Thought spring was coming, that little ground hog didn't know to much did he??  Get together with old chums was supposed to be 3/13, one of the gals was sick, pushed it ahead to 3/20,  I live in the middle, one couple comes from Quncy, the other from Middleboro, think the roads will be ok??  Hope so, if not it will have to be in April.....next week is Foxwoods!!  Take care all, Prin be extra careful on the ride home.  tt, no books to read, sure wish we lived closer, I have a library here!!  SS

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Good morning, DS didn't have school so I'm home. DH shoveled before he left and there is about 8 inches or so out there.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Yeah, I thought of you and your shopping trip to Used Books, SS!  

Saw a flash of a red station wagon at the foot of my driveway, and by the time I got to the door it was gone - new plowers, evidently, pushed the snow 3/4 of the way up the side of the house and left it (impossible to get out from the back) and never plowed in back of my car.  Called the ones who used to plow us and evidently the new people have picked up his customers.  He just called me back, had put a call into them and they'll be back to do it correctly.  It's clear I can't expect any shoveling from them!