March 2013!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Re: March 2013!

Good morning,
    Snow again, ss? I can't take anymore.

Congrats to you, Winter, for having brought DS up being responsible. We didn't even have  to ask our sons to help shoveling; they did it on their own. But we did it with them too to show them, it was a family project. I guess these days it is not cool to help around the house. So sad. When I grew up, it wasn't even a question, it was taken for granted. And that is the way we looked at it, when the boys grew up.

Sounds like you had a great time - though exhausting - visiting with the trips, Kar. Your thought of going on a weekend day, so mom and dad can have time together, is a very honorable. But have you ever been alone with a toddler and 3 babies? Wow, you are ambitious. I know, mom does it everyday. But she has gotten the know-how by now.

And GT did a quilt? Impressive. Now where is that photo option? Would have loved to see a photo of it. I wouldn't worry about washing it either. I stick mine in my dryer on just air to remove dust and air it out every so often. Or I hang it over my railing on a nice day out. I have never had it on high heat, as Robin suggests, but I don't think it will hurt it, unless it is an old antique one.

I am sore all over today. The PT increased my ankle weights yesterday. Was ok yesterday, but I can feel it today. I have just a couple more times to go this round. I know, I will miss it. I do the stretching and some of the exercises at home, but it is not the same.

Leaving shortly for the office. Have a good day everyone.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

Allergies are more common now, wool, dust, dust mites etc.   So, if you gave the quilt to a guest to use that was sensitive...they may wake up itchy.

I threw out my cheap comforters I got from Building 19,  although I washed them from time to time, I suspect the dust mites were quite happy living in the plastic filler stuff in the middle, they didn't bother me, but they bothered my dog with allergies.

I now have some cotton type quilts I got at Marshalls that are working out just fine :)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

G.T.  has made many quilts now, Pingo.  I know I posted a picture of the cat and mouse one, the first one, he made for me.  Since then he has made them for the beds in their home and now with the little ones, Lilly, and pumpkin, he has made crib size ones, washable, for them.  He's working on one for the new little guy now.  He's made a lot of drapes for their home too, finding material he likes that fits in with the time period, and as he says, it's all straight stitching.  Working with his hands, whether it's gardening, sewing, refinishing furniture, painting, is his relaxation.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Thank you tt and Pingo. I try my best with DS...if only there was a cure for the mouthy tween mouth, one day it will stop I'm sure. G.T. is very talented. Wish I had paid more attention to sewing at Girl Scouts.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Yes, it will stop. The best way is to ignore it as much as you can. When they find, they can make you go crazy, it is not fun any longer. But I will take that for drug and alcohol problems anytime.

In response to Winter2011Bride's comment:

Thank you tt and Pingo. I try my best with DS...if only there was a cure for the mouthy tween mouth, one day it will stop I'm sure. G.T. is very talented. Wish I had paid more attention to sewing at Girl Scouts.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

I think I'm the strict parent in the neighborhood. DS has standard tests this week, so he's been able to play with his friends when we get home at 5:30. Last night they knock on the door at 7:30 and DS said sorry my mom said it was too late. They looked at me like I was some sort of relic of another time. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Oh I agree, I keep telling myself that my sweet son is in there somehwere. I hear from classmates that it's worse in girls at this age, so I'm lucky I guess. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

7:30 is too late, I think too, Winter.  Wonder what time those kids get ready for bed.

Mysterious container wasn't so mysterious at all - lasagna.  Took it out, that'll taste good tonight.  Came across one lonely banana, not enough for a bread, no matter the size, and a bag of homemade meatballs that have to be over a year old, and that I never remember to put in the trash.  Crystals of ice have formed inside the baggie, so I'm sure that will have taken away from the taste.  Might take out a couple and reheat them in some sauce to try with the lasagna tonight.  Such a waste to have to toss.

Mixed up a can of tuna to have on my lunch salad, tho not yet.  Cheerio couldn't wait for her portion, so she's had her lunch.

Anxious for 12:30 and Y&R.  WHO got shot????  Like J.R. Ewing on "Dallas" - the suspense mounts!  I think Adam jumped in front of his father and took the bullet for him.  Hope they don't write him out.  He's shown his talent as an actor tho, and may have been offered a better deal on another network.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

I am with you and tt, Winter. 7:30 is definitely too late in my book for school age children. If that is being a relic, so be it.
    Enjoy your lasagna, tt. If you heat up the meatballs in some sauce, I think they will be ok. As long as they don't have freezer burns, ice crystals are not going to give an off taste. That's just water.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

okey dokey

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

I know DS goes to bed at 8:30, but I know he does not go to sleep until closer to 9. He is also up and out of the house at 6:45, since he starts at 7:50. I think our town starts school at 8:30, but still. Two of the boys had shorts on!! How their parents can let them out like that I have no idea.

Lunch and dinner sound good tt. We are having spaghetti and meatballs for dinner. Not sure about lunch, will see what the cafe has.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

So it is snowing just a little here...sigh. Lunch is a bowl of corn chowder and a piece of french bread.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Ha, my mom was strict, too, and on the rare occasion that I mentioned it or asked why she said, "Because I'm mean."  And, that was that.

Lunch thus far has been, um, a brownie.  Yum!  I suppose I should think about tossing something in the toaster oven.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

Hello!  Daycare was closed on Tuesday, so I was home with baby girl playing, snuggling, and baking brownies.  It was great to have an extra day with her, but I have been playing catch up ever since!!

I really, really need winter to be over!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Y&R pre-empted by basketball tournament, and it's not on 38 either.  Urgh!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

In response to kargiver's comment:

Ha, my mom was strict, too, and on the rare occasion that I mentioned it or asked why she said, "Because I'm mean."  And, that was that.

Lunch thus far has been, um, a brownie.  Yum!  I suppose I should think about tossing something in the toaster oven.

When mine was little I would say "If I let you do that, they'd throw me out of the Mothers' Union!" 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

Tis the season TT - March Madness.  A lot will be pre-empting in the coming days I think.

Funny Kar - my mother used to have a wall hanging to the effect of "the highest compliment my kids can give me is to call me the meanest mother in the world"  It was a list of things mean mother make kids do - like brush teeth, go to school, etc. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Oh that's right it's March Madness for College basketball. Sorry about Y&R. 

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Hi Jeepers glad you are doing well. My 12 year old plays video games, I think that's the norm now. What part of Jamaica, we've been too Montego Bay and Ochio Rios (sp). 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

JC nice to see you on here again.  We went to Jamaica last summer, prepare to be in the pool all day!

I somewhat miss those days of working hard till late and making deals but there's a lot to be said for eating lunch while reading the day's mail and wondering whether to exercise, bake, do art, practice music or do housework...or all of those...in the afternoon!

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

My rule is that weeknights he can not play video games. On weekends he can, but he can't do it all day. I do make him play a sport each season (except summer.) He does soceer in the Fall, basketball in the Winter and he used to play baseball in the Spring but he didn't want to this year so soceer it is. In the summer he has camp during the day and then usually spends an hour in the pool.

You'll love Jamaica, just don't venture off of your resort. The weather is perfect. 

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Hey, JC!  You know I was totally ribbing you, right?  That is a ridiculously high score!!!  I'm not sure what my Puzzle Mode HS is, but it's between 8 - 9000, I think.  I'm enjoying Rush Mode a lot - have you tried it?

Buttermilk totally tenderizes chicken - I saw it on Good Eats, and I made that fried chicken recipe.  Juiciest chicken I'd ever had.  I think it had something to do with snagging DH, too; I served it while we were dating, lol.