March 2013!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Re: March 2013!

Good morning everyone,
    It sounds like you still have a difficult time, tt. I am so sorry for that. I love the idea of the truck with M&Ms for pumpkin.

Hat and CT-DC, re Loseit! - it is the easiest diet, I have ever been on. From your posts it seems you eat sensible enough. If you really want to lose a few - just try Loseit! and see how you do. You just log in what you eat, and the system will do the rest for you. They give you a "budget" of calories every day, so all you have to do is stay below that, and you are sure to lose.

tt, just a thought re your baby shower gift. I find BabiesRUs is way overpriced. Try to look on line for the same item. Target f. ex. often have the same baby items for a much lower price.

Have to get ready for my PT. Will check in later. Have a good  day all.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Yes, Pingo, you're right, but when you buy at Babies, the notation is made on the registry so someone else doesn't buy the same thing.  BUT, I'm already thinking I may step outside the box and pick up 2 or 3 adorable little girl sun dresses with sandals and  hats at any store I see them - giving me weeks of time yet.  I have multi gift cards at Macy's which I have a hard time using, and may check and see what they have there.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Winter, congrats to DS for moving up a level for soccer. He must be awesome. Hope he will enjoy it there as much.

Re Loseit! Please recall I have hip and knee problems. Couldn't and haven't exercised at all. Truly! (Well, except for my PT, but that is really minimal). Still I lost 20 pounds since Nov. 18. So please don't use "no time for exercise" as an excuse. If you do exercise, you lose faster; if you don't - slower. It is all about pluses and minuses.

I am close to my goal. The last 1 - 2 pounds have been the most difficult. Maybe my body is telling me, this is it. If that is so, I will take it. It has been a great journey so far.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Pingo, my issue is the logging in food. I don't usually get to cook during the week, because I am home after my DH, so it that regard it's pretty hard to measure everything out. As I said I tried it, and it became too much with trying to figure out all the measurements.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

FWIW, tt, I registered at Babies R Us and still got multiples of many items.  They are really good about allowing returns for store credit.  It was at least 6 months before I used up all the credits.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Winter, how lucky you are to have someone have dinner ready, when you get home.
    My "no excuse" was not directed to you personally. It was just a general statement.
    Measuring does take a lot of commitment. At least in the beginning. I had a hard time with that too. But after a couple of weeks, you pretty much know, what a cup of pasta looks like.
    My theory now is, that the pounds creep up, because we don't really know, how much we are putting in our mouth. A cup vs. 1-1/2 cup makes a lot of difference.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

My problem with BabiesRUs is their location - I HATE driving route 114.  Anyway, they're not on my docket for today.  Easter cards-candy, first things first.  The next thing will be to backtrack and check out the size of the trifle bowl I saw at CTS.  Seems to me it was the smaller one or I would have picked it up then and there.  It's also at the very BACK of the store, so again, that's not on the docket for today.  Have to pace  my steps.  Mistakenly wrote out my detailed list on the back of some information I really want to keep, so have a big "SAVE" written at the top of the page - hope I do stuff it in my pocket when I'm through!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

November, this is the clincher: store credit. Like you said, it took you 6 months to use it up. And what did you use it for? Overpriced diapers?

I know registers are a good guide to what the mom-to-be or bride would like to get. But they don't say you must buy from such and such store, and you must buy such and such item. I  usually go "outside the box", as tt suggested. I get better quality for lot less, and can buy a better item for the same amount of money. So far, I have never missed. I - f. ex. - purchased a car seat for my nephew's son - the exact same model as he registered for and paid $50 less on line.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

Oh, I was glad to have the credits pingo.  Especially since three of those months I had no paycheck!  It was like having a separate account for baby stuff instead of coming out of pocket.  We used it for all kinds of things - diapers, milk storage bags, socks ( I have no idea how babies lose so many socks), trying every diaper rash cream on the shelf til I found the one that works for her, etc., an exersaucer when she outgrew her bouncy set, etc...  It was pretty helpful.  Now I shop around a bit more than I did then, but it worked out well at the time.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I hope you girls are still on the boards and chatting this afternoon when I get back - sometimes it dies down to a standstill after lunch.  I'm off - - - - 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Yes Pingo it is nice, he starts it and then we finish it together.

Sadly, Amazon may not be cheaper for long since they have to start collecting tax in MA in November. I usually buy the item some where else and then call the store the couple was registered and let them know that I forgot to mention it was for a registry and they take care of it for me.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

CT, JC, join us in the March LoseIt thread! :)    It's not for everyone - there are infinite ways to eat less.  I just like it because it fits my personality like a glove, I have full control in the kitchen, and my time is all my own.  I'm fortunate to be able to have all that be true, I know.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I'm in trouble headache wise - I had a nice cup of tea while I was fixing DH's breakfast and lunch, and then I forgot my coffee!  I have 32 oz every morning or I get that withdrawal sick headache.  I hope I caught it in time; I'm suckking down my first 12 oz...  What a horrible addict I am!!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Kar, I too am sufferring through a headache, turning into a migraine I'm afraid. I had a slight headache, but they put new carpet in a part of the building downstairs that I had to walk by and the smell of the glue or something has gotten to me. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Oh, no, Winter - those chemical smells have that effect on me, too.  I'm sorry!  Do you have any Excedrin Migraine?  That nips it in the bud sometimes for me before it turns into a full blown migraine.  Even a regular Coke and a few crackers can help, too, but I know what works for migraine sufferers is often really individual.

I'm not headachy yet, just looking at the clock with intrepidation for having put off my caffeine too long...I'm finishing it, now, so hopefully that will be that.

Best wishes with your headache - I hope it improves now that you are out of the smell, but I know that isn't always enough.  Take care.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

I took the Excedrin Migrane already, didn't work. I can't take anything stronger here at work and sadly Coke wouldn't work. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Pumpkin seeds - pumpkin seeds - that's what I read last week was good for migraine sufferers.

Rushed back home to make it by 12:31 - to what?  The basketball tournament again.  Whoever got shot on Y&R will be dead before I even get to see who it was.

Hit the bank, CVS and then the Dollar Tree.  Got all my inexpensive cards that are now going to cost a small fortune to mail!  Sitting here eating Clark bar nuggets to tied me over til I can get lunch made.  

Jeepers, thanks for the heads up re the bowl - I'm darn sure the one I saw was a small one, I remember thinking how cheap it was - under $10 - so that's not the one I want.  The day I was there they only had the one size, I do remember checking that.  May end up making the trifle in a plain clear glass bowl I have.  Not as stunning a presentation, but we'll see.  It's only "family".

Winter, that's a good idea about calling the registry.  I've almost convinced myself tho to go the clothes route, which I can get at any store, and none of which was on her "wish list".

Cheerio's waiting for the tuna again, and I'd like a nice fat sandwich with sliced pickles and lettuce included.  Hope the headache sufferers are feeling better.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Oh, yeah, the pumpkin seeds!  They are in vending machines sometimes...worth a look!  Too bad the EM didn't help, Winter. :(

I hear ya on needing a snack right before lunch.  I had a yogurt while my TJ's chicken burrito was in the oven - I was so hungry I couldn't wait.  I would NOT recommend those burritos - totally TASTELESS.  The only flavor it had was from the salsa and cheese I put on it.

ETA:  oh yeah, the dumb basketball tourn.  Dr. Phil is preempted, too.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

WHAT am I to do this afternoon??  Housework, heaven forbid???

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

Try channel 5, you may like Katie.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

TT I did not use a footed bowl for my trifle and it was still impressive.  I heaped the whip cream up on top and used skewers to hold the plastic wrap above the bowl.  That helped.  Perhaps you could take the last whipped cream with you and heap it on just before serving to make it look more WOW!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Went upstairs to bring down the kids' baskets, looked over the dishes in a china closet up there and brought down the chip part of the chip/dip ensemble.  The bowl is fluted and I think will give a nice presentation to the trifle.  Glad you mentioned what you had used, Hats, I was hoping for something a little fancier than my plain glass bowl.  This will work perfectly - cross CTS off my list.

Checking over the cards when I got home found I hadn't found one for one of my grandsons.  When I go out for groceries will have to add that to that list.  Felt good to get out today  I'm so used to running out every morning, being housebound gets to me after a while.  Hip is telling me it did well to do as much walking around as it did, and that no way does it want to do any more traveling this afternoon.  Sat and read a bit more of May Sarton.  Don't know why I thought she lived on the Cape, she writes from her home on the coast of Maine.

Never could stand Katie Couric, Dog Lady.  She is just too cutesy.  The book will probably hold my interest for the rest of the afternoon.  Do want to do the bathroom cleaning, have a feeling my nephew from NH may stop by this week-end.  He's interested in a M.B. that is going up on the Lynnway, since he grew up in Lynn, and usually likes to check things out firsthand.  Rest of the house is presentable.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

I don't relate to Katie either, but she has had some good guests.

Tell your nephew to be careful in Lynn, people get robbed there in broad daylight nowadays, not the nice blue collar city it once was imo.

Sections
Shortcuts