March 2013!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

Re: March 2013!

You're welcome, I've been increasing my daily dog walks (weather permitting) from 3 miles to 5 miles due to your reports.

Kar, I hope you'll return to Pets, after all , you were there first and inspired me to participate.

I promise I'll shut up if you say something I don't agree with.     Peace

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Hey, Robin, glad I've inspired you to walk further...it's been rough in the cold; I have to force myself.  Re pets, I haven't been avoiding it because of you, I just got bored...is there something going on?  I'll check it out, thanks. :)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Robin, I know migraine is not a "normal" headache. But when your head hurts, it hurts, no matter what you call it. What works for one, may not work for someone else, but it is always good to share positive results.
    Our youngest son suffered from terrible headaches, at the beginning of his 4 grade school year. So bad sometimes, he couldn't go to school. He missed many days because of it. I took him to every test possible, and the all came out negative. Then one day, I picked up a magazine at my gycologist, and saw an article, how some people are ver sensitive to magnetic waves in digital radios can give them terrible headaches. A lightbulb flashed in my head. His BD is just before the school year starts, and we did give him a digital radio for his BD. It was sitting on this bed stand. I couldn't wait to get home and remove it from his room. Placed it outside the bedroom door. No more head aches.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

In response to pingo's comment:

Robin, I know migraine is not a "normal" headache. But when your head hurts, it hurts, no matter what you call it. 

Just so you know, that's truly spoken like someone who doesn't get migraines.

What a relief for your DS you figured out the problem.  How fortunate you had time to kill with a magazine at the doctor's office!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Uh, did I step on some toes, Kar? If I did, I apologize. I certainly didn't mean to make light of migraine headaches. I know, they are debilitating. My best friend has suffered from them for years, and you better not bother her, when her shades are drawn.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Yes, you did, but I KNOW it was inadvertant.  I told you because I knew you'd want to know it would be highly offensive to a migraine sufferer, and I don't expect you can really know why (even though you know suffererers) because you don't get them yourself (thankfully!), but I believe you will trust me.  I accept your apology, although, in fairness, there's nothing to apologize for - if you don't get them you couldn't know.  So, water under the bridge, ok?  I'm fine if you are. :)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I got so sick with them that I told the doctor after one when she asked me to describe the pain, "No pain scale can cover it.  I believe in my heart of hearts that if someone were literally hacking my limbs off with a hacksaw it would have been easier to take."  I was in that state - grey, vomiting while being held over a trash can on the floor, in so much pain I was unable to speak - for 6 straight hours.  My friend (trips dad, actually) had picked me up off the floor in my office and carried me to a place he could hold me over that trash can and charged "vacation" on his timecard to do it.

So, when people say things like if your head hurts your head hurts...

ETA:  I wanted to just let it lie above, but thought a little further explanation couldn't hurt.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

I understand that unless someone has experienced a migraine they really can't imagine how bad it is.

That is why it is so important to find a neurologist that gets it (not all of them do) and receive effective treatment....sometimes migraines go into remission, then they come back, or not.

Noone should have to be immobilized for hours/days suffering with the blinds drawn.

Eta: The rule of thumb used to be (and may still be) if you get more than 1 a month, you should be on daily medication as a prophylaxis. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Going out to dinner tonight - yay!!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Hello ladies,

I haven't forgotten you guys at all! Still no baby Joey! He was due last Saturday, the 16th but is being a little brat : )  DD is scheduled to be induced Thursday if he doesn't come before then. She is really a trooper and I know she is ready for him NOW. She said he is on time out as soon as he arrives. So funny! I am predicting the 27th (full moon) or the 28th. The 28th would be fun as I became a first time Aunt at the age of 15, 40 years ago to my first niece. Would be cool if I became a first time grandmother on the same date! So will def let everyone know when "Baby Gate" is over.  So nerve wracking! Miss you all and I hope everyone is well ♥

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

Amber, I was wondering if/when the baby was here.  Best wishes for a speedy delivery and tell Joey hello from the chatters.

We took a great walk woodsy today, cold on the way out but sunnier on the way back.  Tell the snow to take a hike!  Must go get some Ibuprofen...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Thank you Hats : )  I was asked to be in the delivery room so I am excited, honored and nervous all at the same time! I have had insomnia again for the last couple of days, so that has given me a headache as well. But I took ibuprofen, ate a delicious roast beef and provolone sub and hoping to go to bed early. I am tired. You know with Murphy's Law, Joey will decide to make his appearance then! lol!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Thanks for putting me on my place, Kar. And I am glad that yours aren't as bad as they once were. Or maybe you have learned to live with them better. Peace!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

All this talk about migraines, and when I talked with my DIL tonight (I had called to sing happy birthday to my step great granddaughter - til my DIL said, Ok, if you want to, but you're a day early!) she told me Lilly's mom had spent most of yesterday in the ER with a terrible migraine.  She'll check in with her own p.c. Monday.  My DIL  had suffered with them too, so not surprising that her dau has them.  The feeling of the drs. in the ER was that it was due to stress.

Didn't see anything offensive in your remarks about headaches, pingo.  You were speaking from your perspective - what you have, or in your case have not, experienced.

Had a nice piece of steak and a baked potato with peas for supper.  Shared a few tidbits with Cheerio who kept nudging my arm to remind me she was sitting right there.  Now that I'm "experienced" in moving around On Demand, will surf in there and see what's on tonight.  Washed our snuggle blanket today and now have a couple of bathmats in the dryer.  Not going down those stairs again today tho, once they're dry they can sit there until tomorrow.

Hope you'll let us know when the baby arrives, Amber.  Best wishes to your dau.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

I hope I haven't burnt bridges here? Things were very tough the last 18 months and couldn't put on a happy face. I thought it best I took a break. But didn't mean I didn't miss anyone, just wasn't any good on here. I was an unhappy camper in a bad frame of mind. I DID miss you all and I make no apologies for missing my tt most : )  And my Kar most... and my Pingo most... etc.... ♥

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Checked my email and there are pics my son took today when he took my step great granddaughter out to celebrate her birthday - sushi - just the two of them, and enough food for an army.  The dishes are so colorful.  Would almost make me want to try them.  Her friends are taking her into Boston tomorrow to celebrate, but this was a special lunch, just her and Papa to celebrate her 18th birthday.  I told him that's what memories are made of.  She'll remember this when she gets older.  And the best part, he told her, is that she doesn't have to worry about anyone else stealing the leftovers, she and my son are the only ones in the house who like sushi!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

tt, my DD loves sushi! I personally am not a fish person, I love raw clams and shrimp but that is about it. I must try it someday.  She keeps telling me I will love it but I am not sure about that.. but will try for sure : )

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Bought Joey the cutest Saint Patrick's Day onsie ever! And he never got to wear it. : (  So silly of me to think she would be on time!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

All is well, pingo - having suffered to the extreme with them I tend to be sensitive to "headache" comments, you understand.  Thank you, yes, my migraines are not as bad as they used to be when my friend had to carry me out of my office, OMG, that was very, very bad.  Now, I get ill, but I can at least communicate if I have to and let Gracie in and out to pee, thank goodness.

poor Lily's mom, tt - oh, how I feel for her bad enough to be in the ER.  That time with my friend I should have, but I was literally too sick to say so.

AMBERGIRL, welcome and thanks for the update!!  Too bad the St. Pat's outfit went unused, lol.  Hope DD is hanging in there. :)

we went out to the Clam Shack in Attleboro for dinner - Y U M!!!!!  I'm stuffed. :)

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Thanks Kar!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Welcome back, Amber. Glad we will be able to rejoice w/ you, when the baby is here. You left us in a huff, and yes, I did feel bad. But all forgotten; I am glad you are here.

Thank you tt, for your input re headaches. I appreciate it. So cute of papa to take his 18 year old girl out for a special lunch. She will never forget that. Our entire family loves sushi. We are privileged, that our son spent a year in Japan, so he knows, what to order. Even though, I had it many times,I still don't know, what is what.I just eat it. LOL

The door just chimed. DH is back home. Long day for him.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

I do apologize for the "huff" but I was going through a lot in my life at the time, much more than anyone knew. I realized eventually, this is not a chat board that you can vent to. So decided it was best I leave while I straighten things out. I came back honest about why I left. This is not a life changer for me. Just wanted to come back to say hello and give an update and to say I missed you all. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Pingo, you are blessed to have your son order for you!  I like Americanized Japanese food, much like I do Chinese, but when I was in Japan it sure was different!  

Ambergirl, I didn't sense you were mad (huff), just a bit abrupt, and I figured it was out of necessity, nothing personal.  Either way, come and go as you need - we understand life isn't always conducive to posting as regularly.

late morning, thankfully, as I woke up to the gift I had expected yesterday.  Ugh.

have a great Sunday, everyone!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Good Sunday morning, (wish that heading was a post from mothermitzi)

Pingo, I wish we had the picture possibility.  How I would love to send you the pics my son sent.  I've never eaten sushi, so not familiar with what a large variety of dishes covering a table look like, how colorful, I've only just seen the sushi rolls shown on TV.  I'm sure if you've had it with your sun, you've had the same array.  GGD had had sushi before, so she had a favorite she wanted to order, but then I think she got carried away with the names - volvano something - white cloud something - stuff like that.  I laughed when he was telling me, he let her pretty much order what she wanted.  The waitress was laughing, saying, "That's an awfully lot of food for 2 people!"  But everyone needs a time out like that once in a while where expense isn't questioned and they can just order freely.  She brought home all the leftovers except the noodles which my son brought home, planning on snacking on them today, but when my DIL saw them - they were gone in a flash!  A good time was had by all.  18 yr. old is my son's step granddaughter.  Lilly's mom married a man older than she who already had 2 older children.  I feel I have to explain that because I AM too YOUNG to have an 18 yr. old great granddaughter!!  LOL - Or at least I like to think so!

Have a feeling nephew might be down today to check out the MB site on the Lynnway, so will shower and dress first thing - after here.  Taking out the strawberries I had frozen, and a lemon pound cake I had made and frozen some time back.  Planning dessert of thinly sliced cake with a drizzle of mashed strawberries over, topped with whipped cream.  Chicken legs will be the main course.

Put Easter outfit together yesterday and pleased that top I thought would go nicely with the  blouse, does.  It's a hairpin green sweater my mother made for me in my twenties.  Buttons down the front with tiny clear glass buttons.  I hope she knows how much I wear it now on special occasions, and the compliments I get each time.  At the time she was disappointed I didn't wear it more, but as you can figure out, if I can wear it now, when she made it it was larger than I liked.  Those were the days of no fat on these bones, and clothes I wore were very form fitting.

OK, I'm off to the showers.  Have a good day everyone.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good morning,
    Had a good uninterrupted night's sleep. Amazing, how much difference it makes to wake up feeling well rested.
    Wow, tt, you still have a sweater, your mom made for you? Great you still can still fit it. But please explain to me, what does hairpin means. Hope your nephew stops by, now that you are expecting him. A couple of times he changed his mind. I miss mothermitzy too.
    Clam Shack, Kar? Can't wait to get up to the one in Ipswich. Maybe, when TX son stop by late April. He loves fried clams. Don't have them in TX.
    Will probably head in to the office later. Wish, I had more exciting plans on the docket.
    Have a good Sunday everyone. Will try to check in later