March 2013!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

Re: March 2013!

Amber don't think that you were not missed and we are not glad to have you back.  And one remembers that you were under great stress at the time what with job and health issues.  And even happy things such as the happy anticipation of a grand child can be stressful.  Just relax and remember that we are waiting with baited breath for that grandchild as well as you are.  (Must confess that a much loved relative has his b'day today, and a dear friend on Tuesday so either day with be fine with me! And if it were tomorrow, well, 25 is a wonderful number and he would always know how far away Christmas was!)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Pingo, I was just thinking about you saying you would have to try making the yoyos, and I thought to myself - WHEN does she have  time??  She's always working.  And, I come back to the computer to see that you're going into work today.  You put in such long hours.  I don't know how you do it.

Nephew didn't even mention coming down.  I do this to myself all the time.  The days I plan (in my own head) that someone is going to stop by, they don't.  I should have said to him, "Why don't you come down Sunday and plan to stay for dinner."  Not fast on the draw.  Nothing I'm planning for dinner will go to waste tho.

Making French toast for breakfast.

ETA:  Hairpin is a very loose, large hole crochet pattern.  I don't believe she actually used a hairpin holder, don't remember, because as I think back, it was before I was married, so when I was 18 or 19.  She made it in a pale green angora yarn.  And, as I said, the fact that I can wear it now, just shows that she made it too large for me at the time that I was a tiny 104 lbs.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

tt, was thinking of doing the yoyos, while I watch mindless TV. I am not good at just sitting in front of the tube. Always feel I could use the time to do something better. Like yoyos f.ex. - LOL.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from shakersilly2010. Show shakersilly2010's posts

Good Morning alll, the sun is shining brightly, looks warm out, but.....I've heard theres a storm out west that is on its way....hope it fizzels (know I spelt that wrong) out.   tt, too old for a GGD 18??   What does that make me??  I'm younger than you and I have a GGS that is soon to be 15!!  Went to a Lions club flea mkt yesterday, saw few shakers, but the prices were way out of my reach......my Florida cousin is sending me another set, told her they were too espensive, but she said "too bad, they are on their way"  they are nuns, one dressed in black the other in white, only thing I bought at the flea mkt was books......I have enuf to read for at least a year...Hats, going to check out your trifle,I have a cake coming from Icer, but with everyone coming for Easter I thinki another dessert is in order.   Take care all and enjoy the beautiful sun.....ss

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

tt, so cool you still have and can wear the sweater your mom made you (you must not be very big, now, even if that was oversized to begin with!).  I actually made a green, "big holed" sweater for myself - I don't know if it is technically a "hairpin," but I have to wear a cami underneath it.  Glad your outfit works!  Have fun today - love the menu.

I need to plan what I will wear, as well, to my brother's for Easter...m,aybe a fine ribbed sweater I just washed for the first time.  It was red so I put it off until I had a load that it wouldn't matter if it bled.  It didn't so now it's on the safe list. :)

Pingo, your family must be looking forward to going to Ipswich's Clam Shack with you.  I lived in Beverly for awhile and know that place a little too well, lol.  The one in Attleboro is just as good.  I don't know if the same people own it, though...?  

Had some leftover sprouted pancakes for an easy breakfast this morning.  DH has maple syrup on them, but I mix warm goat cheese with orange marmalade and spread it on THICK.  It's like a decadent crepe from a fine restaurant, LOL.  The sprouted flour makes them more like crepes in conistency, but we both like them so that's all that matters.  I don't think I'd serve them as "pancakes" to company, though, I'd make them a hair thinner and then actually make crepes.

Still typing with a bandaid, but as you can see, I broke out the bluetooth keyboard for the iPad so I can blather away, LOL.  Better sign off for now so you guys can get something done other than read!  ;)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

HaHa - we're both too "young in spirit" to have great grandchildren that age, SS!  LOL

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I myself, went for the maple syrup and powdered sugar on my French toast this morning, Kargiver.  Even shared the bit of egg left in the preparation bowl to Cheerio.  Good for her coat and she's contentedly curled up on one end of my bed (which I beat her to and got made before she settled down!).

'tt, so cool you still have and can wear the sweater your mom made you (you must not be very big, now, even if that was oversized to begin with!)'

Yes, I'm still just a wee bit of a thing - - right, SS??

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

SS, a GGS who's 15?!  Neither of you can possibly be old enough for familys with generations of kids that old...impossible!  My mom says the same thing - she can't have a 41 yo daughter if she's  in her 40s herself.  You're as young as you feel and think!

I do love maple syrup, too, and this actually came from our maple trees!  But, the bleet of the goat cheese won my affection this morning.  I do love cheese of all kinds, and somehow the texture of these "pancakes" calls for it.  Well, imo, anyway - DH gags at the thought, lol.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Finished up my Easter basket shopping.  you wouldn't believe how hard it is to find a simple dump truck for a little guy.  Had just about given up when I thought to look where the beach balls and sand toys are.  Sure enough, one little yellow and green dump truck that I scoffed up for $1.99.  Perfect size for putting a bag of M&Ms in, and perfect for a little guy a year and a half old.

Kargiver you speaking of the maple syrup from your trees, did you happen to see the news report yesterday that showed a tree where a branch had been ripped off by the last storm - evidently just as it was coming into sap and here was a huge glob of sap hanging out ? Fascinating.

All these new channels I have now and all I could find to watch last night was the last  half of "Shine".  I have a feeling I'm glad I didn't see the beginning, because in the meeting with his father, I got the feeling he had been abused as a young child.  Can't watch stuff like that.

Off to look through the bags from Job Lots and Target, and then to fix a little lunch - for me - no news from nephew.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

No show or call?  I hope they have come by now.  Great find for $2, tt - isn't it funny, when you are not looking for something like a little toy dump truck they are everywhere, when you want one, where are they?  

I didn't catch that story, tt.  But, the sap is running like crazy.  This year is more of an experiment than anything, but we are getting quite a bit.  More than we get in honey, lol, since we manage to kill the bees every year.  Next year, I think DH will be tapping a lot more trees, but we need more big jugs and stuff to handle it all - 3 trees was about all we could handle with stuff we had on hand.

Finished the chicken and dumplings today for lunch.  We'll be grilling on the wood fire after it burns down to good coals post-syrup reduction.  Making biscuits in a few minutes to go with.  Frozen veggies from TJs and brown rice as sides.  Quick, easy, and leftovers for DH's lunch tomorrow.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

You're skim reading again - nephew never said they'd be down, it was just a "feeling" I had. I was out for a couple of hours anyway.  Picked up a bottle of imitation lemon flavoring at Job Lots - $1 - a lot better than $5 for the real thing for my cookies.  That place was hopping this morning, must have been a lot of good buys.  I picked up a coat sweater for myself (White Swan) for $8.99.

Reheated some brown rice and egg with soy sauce, made a good size bowl and had a bottle of beer with.  Just right for lunch.  Will have a couple of chicken legs for supper along with the strawberry dessert I was thinking of.

Want to get the cards written out today and finish up my book.  Cat is following me from room to room hoping I'll lite somewhere so she can curl up next to me.  Right now perched on the ironing board just watching me.

Looking for a good biscuit recipe for strawberry shortcakes - something with ingredients I have in the house.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Can I blame it on PMS?  Sorry!  

More nice deals, tt.  DH and I got some Woolrich sweaters and vests for him for 80% off yesterday.  Too bad they are made in China, now, but they still seem to be good, Woolrich quality.

I use allrecipes "big daddy biscuits" - yummy!

I think I'll follow in your fried rice steps for tonight, tt.  We have one chicken breast I need to spread thinly, and with fried rice it will be the perfect amount.  And, I am having a beer (Sam Adams blueberry) right now!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from princess-cal. Show princess-cal's posts

Good morning all - boy, I missed a busy weekend of posting.

Amber - it's so nice to "see" you back, you have been missed.  You all must be on pins and needles waiting for little Joey.  Hopefully she goes before she is induced.

Looks like I'll have a full house for Easter (15).  Have to start making my lists!

Saw Mom this weekend and she is doing much better.  We have been getting her blood sugar under control and have taught her how to give herself the insulin, so that's good.  We just have to prep the syringes to make sure it's the right amount, but between my brother and I we have been able to do that.

I sympathize for all of you with migranes.  I am lucky to say I have never had one, but I know people who do suffer from them.  When they come on they just have to be in a dark room until it relents.  Terrbile.  Hope you all are getting relief.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Good morning,

Glad to hear your mom is getting back to herself, Princess.  She's very lucky she has you and your bro to help her.  Your Easter table will be as filled as G.T.'s - he's expecting 15 or 16.  One guest is an OR nurse and the last I heard not sure about his schedule that day.   A  lot of work for those of you who put it on, but it's fun.

Here I called a day early to sing happy birthday to GGD, and then yesterday when it WAS her birthday, waited til evening when she would have gotten home from Boston with her friends, fell asleep on the couch after supper, went to bed early, and forgot all about it!  Should have sung it and left it on a message machine Saturday!

Checked out the biscuits on AllRecipes, Kargiver, but ended up with my original plan to serve the strawberries over a thin slice of the lemon cake.  After all, I had it all thawed out.  It was good.

Dreamed of old days at work, and my friend in Fla who worked there with me.  We were doing up meeting dishes in a bathroom!  When I got back to my desk there was a pile of political flyers on my desk that I knew meant I'd have to go around town putting them up.  A notice about there being 14 new ballot vote boxes being added to my street - don't know what that was all about.  Maybe that garlicky chicken leg I had for supper!

Hope Kargiver and Winter are starting off the week with no signs of headaches.  Pingo, hope you are giving yourself some time off from work - not likely.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Good morning!

just about to race into high gear for my appt...

prin, great news your mom is able to take her prepped shots - big burden taken off.  And, that she's still doing better overall.

tt, if I had lemon cake all made and thawed there's no way I'd make something else, lol.  Bookmark that recipe, though, it's really great.  I usually don't roll them, just divide the dough after I've kneaded it right in the bowl into 6 or 8 portions.

ambergirl, we are holding our breath for news!

will be visiting TJ's then coming home to walk with my friend and Gracie.

have a great day, everyone!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Good morning everyone. Thanks for the well wishes, my headache was gone completely on Saturday night. 

Amber, nice hearinf from you, you were missed. Hope little Joey makes his arrival soon. tt, that's so cool that you have a sweater that your mom made, wish the picture function worked so we could see it. Pingo, nice surprise that your son is visiting you for a weekend. Prin, glad your mom is  doing better..wow 15 for Easter that's alot of people. I think we are going out, hopefully my SIL has made reservations.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good morning,

Glad to hear, princess, your mother is getting and feeling better. I thought you mentioned though, that the insulin was just for the time being. But it is good, she learned to do them herself, if have to be.

No plans here for Easter. I made reservations to go out for brunch, but I am changing my mind. It is always so crowded. May just make a nice brunch/breakfast at home for the two of us instead. Will see.

Had some bad news yesterday. Our Alzheimer friend has been moved to the wing, that takes care of those patients only. His wife just couldn't take care of him in their apartment any longer. She now goes and visit him every day and help him with dinner and such. It is hard to believe. We had dinner out at Angelique's last November with them, and he was at that time fine considering. Such a cruel disease, especially for the family members.

Not much planned for today. Did a lot of work yesterday at the office and I have no payroll this week, so it will be an easy week for me. Have my last scheduled PT tmw., unless they decide to extend it. I could use a couple more ultrasound treatments on my knee. Doing a lot better, since we started those.

Have a good day everyone. Hope your migraine is gone, Winter.

ETA. Glad to hear you are feeling better, Winter.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

Hi Amber!!!  Have been wondering if Joey joined the outside world yet.  Your poor DD.  I remeber that feeling when the due date passed by.  Soon enough he'll be in her arms!!  Keep the little St Patty's day outfit for him - it'll mkae a great story someday.  And go out now and buy a bigger one for next year while thye are on sale!  =)

TT - about your trifle.  Could you take all the parts and assemble it when you get there?  Then you could make the fresh whipped cream and not have to worry about it?  I know it would be easier tot ake the one dish, but just a thought.

Got baby girl all dressed up in ruffles and took a trip to see the bunny this weekend.  She had no idea what was happening, but it was still cute.  She's crawling at warp speed now, and can stand with just one hand holding onto something.  I don't think her first steps will be too far away.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Hi Novem.  Cute story about your little one and the Easter bunny visit.  Bet you got some cute pictures.

G.T. and partner are very funny about other people being in their kitchen.  Drives them crazy at Thanksgiving when I watch over my pot of pumpkin soup.  Partner wants to just put it on low and leave it!  Not with all the work that goes into making it.  They would consider my putting together a trifle, an inconvenience.  Would be easier, but I've decided (pretty much) to go with the Cool Whip and do it up here.  It's not like mine will be the only dessert, at least 5 others.

Think I'll put the kids baskets and pumpkin's truck bag together today.  Bought so much candy will make up 3 bags for Lilly and her bro and sis and bring them along to G.T.'s.  Know the kids and all us ladies will get our candy shop chocolates from the 2 gentlemen.

Getting dressed is a good idea.  Lazy this morning.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Novemb, that's cute about the bunny pictures and your DD. I remember the Easter pictures fondly, there is none of that for me anymore (sigh). 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

In response to Winter2011Bride's comment:

Novemb, that's cute about the bunny pictures and your DD. I remember the Easter pictures fondly, there is none of that for me anymore (sigh). 

You'll just have to hold tight til the grandchildren come along - and they do - the time goes by faster than you think.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

I think 20 years is a fine time to be a nana :). One of my best friends has a 3.5 and a 1.5 year old, I'll live through her pictures until then. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

That's too bad, tt.  Everyone has thier quirks, though I suppose, and especially in kitchens.  Myself?  I re-arrange the dishwasher until everything is packed in the way I want it. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Winter, glad you are feeling better.  I managed to avoid a headache altogether so I must have gotten the coffee in me just in time.

Nov, dd sounds so adorable; what a blessing.

tt, funny about GT and partner's kitchen - I can relate...I want everyone out of there, lol.  I'm a bit of a control freak out there.

pingo, so sorry your friend has taken that turn.  Such an insidious disease.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Cunnin little truck with its bag of M&Ms in the dumpster hold.  Most of the other 2 are put together except for the jelly beans and marshmallow eggs that I'll add at the end seeing as they aren't wrapped.  Will divvie up the leftover candy into 3 bags for Lilly's fam.  Bought myself some Hershey's kisses with the soft centers, that I've dug into already, plus a dark chocolate/cherry Quaker bar and a pepsi.

Spoke with N.P. today about hip/back/leg and she felt it was bursitis and sciatica aggravated by the shoveling/heavy lifting, but suggested I see an orthopedic guy.  Felt much better sort of certifying that it wasn't bone damage caused by one of the meds I'm on.  As for what I can take, definitely not any kind of anti inflammatory drugs.  Don't know a heck of a lot more, but feel relieved just getting someone else's feedback.  Of course today, it's better than usual - but of course today I'm not on it much.

I was sorry to read of your friend's slip further into Alzheimer's, Pingo.  A cruel, cruel disease.

Cheerio is tuckered out today, crawled into the turned down sheets on the bed before I could get it made this morning, came out only for lunch snack, and then ran right back in.

Did  you see Y&R, Icer?  Quite a turn of events with the dark sheep of the family saving the father's life by throwing himself in front of the bullet.  And Billy Boy - how is Victor going to react to him now that he saved everyone by risking his own life to go down in the cellar and cut the wires to the explosive device?  Are we going to see a mellowed Victor?  

ETA:  Thought I saw earlier that The Talk will have the main characters from Y&R on part of their program today.  Have it on, so I can listen for them.