March 2013!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Re: March 2013!

Joey made his debut at 6:41am this morning. 7lbs 14 ounces, 20 inches long. I am in love ♥ DD had 27 hours in the hospital and was so amazing. I was in awe... seeing my grandson born was the most blessed and beautiful moment of my life..... 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

Congratulations Amber!  I hope everyone is happy and healthy and catching up on sleep!  Have a wonderful time giving kisses and cuddles and maybe a soft little easter toy to the new one!  Sing him a lullaby for me.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Congratulations, Amber.  Best wishes to the new mommy and daddy.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Congratulations Grandma Amber. Best wished to everyone in the family. Hope DD is doing well as is baby Joye. Hugs!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

Congrats Amber...How wonderful

TT I gave a class today but I will try to find it on the Soap chanel...Thanks for the Heads up

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from princess-cal. Show princess-cal's posts

Yaaaaay!  Congratulations Amber, and welcome to the world little Joey!!!!  What a wonderful time in all of your lives!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Congratulations to the whole Ambergirl family on baby Joey's arrival!!

tt, I wish we could post photos so we could see your baskets.  GL with the orthopedist; bursitis and sciatic pain is a double whammy, no wonder you've had trouble.

I'm taking the trips and their lo to their 9 mo appt with mom Thursday, and DH is taking Thur and Friday off - what great timing, huh?  He can take care of Gracie so I don't have to rush home leaving them in the lurch for dinner.  

Today, I have to return rotten chicken to Worcester.  What a pita, but it was too expensive just to throw away even considering gas and time.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Good morning,

Quick note as I get around to get out this morning.

What a pain to open up chicken you find to be bad, Kargiver.  Doesn't happen very often these days.  Hope there are other errands you can do coming or going to make the trip worthwhile.  It'll be fun going to the pediatrician with the trips.  Bet you'll all be the stars of the waiting room!

Had an email waiting telling me pumpkin and his mom went to a play group yesterday, where he was one of the youngest - "but he seemed to hold his own" - I get a kick out of her, he's only 17 months!  When he was down with a congested cold/cough last week, she wrote, "he's my brave little man" !  lol

Don't see Cheerio as I come out of the shower, so I suspect she's in on the turned down bedsheets again.  I'll let her stay there this morning, have a couple of things I want to do before I head out.

Icer, hope you got to see yesterday's Y&R, and also the group as they appeared on The Talk.  Adam kind of rambled on a bit, camera men he wanted to give credit to, and then didn't seem to know how to end, but otherwise it was pretty good.

I'll check in on all of you later.

ETA:  Heard Nikki and Victor are going to be on channel 4 show that runs now until 9:00 a.m.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from shakersilly2010. Show shakersilly2010's posts

Congratulations on your new grandson Amber.  I was in the delivery room when my first grandaughter was born, no matter how many you have, this one will always be special.  ss

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

Happy Birthday Joey and Congratulations Amber!! Best wishes to you and your family as you start this new chapter in your lives!  Snuggle that little rascal every chance you get.  My best to your DD and Joe (Dad is Joe too, correct?)

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good morning,
    So, we did get a dusting, but fortunately it will be gone in a couple of hours.
    I am surprised, tt, you haven't seen an orthopedic doctor yet, with all the problems you have. Bursitis is very, very painful, as I can attest to. Ultrasound does wonders for it.
    I have my last PT appointment in this round today. Hip is all clear, but my knee is still bothering me on and off. Yesterday, it was painful, but this morning I woke up pain free. I will ask, if they can extend the treatment a few more times.
    How is GT doing with is Sciatica?
    Happy trip with the trips to the pediatrician, Kar. That will be something. Too bad DH has the day off. On the other hand, it gives you some free time from worrying about Gracie. Too bad about the chicken. Was that from TJ's? We had TJ chicken breasts last night. Was phenomenal.
    Haven't been on he scale yet, so I haven't recorded my weight yet, but I am sure there will be an email with my new badge later today.
    Amber, how is mom and Joye doing? Have the come home yet?
    Have a good day everyone.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Good morning. Congratulations on your grandson Amber. Hope Joey, mom, and dad are doing well. tt, I used to call DS my little man too. Kar you will have an interesting experience at the doctor with the trips plus one at the I'm sure. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Thanks, I can hardly wait for Thursday!  Will miss DH, but he'd be essentially doing his garage/outside thing most of the day, anyway, and we'll have Friday as a bonus.

The chx was from The Living Earth...sigh.  I'll be replacing it at TJ's today.  And, I'm bundling the trip with a hair cut that was scheduled for Friday.

pingo, can't wait for that badge!!

I can relate to hip and knee pain...my femurs are bent so neither end goes into the respective joints properly.  No help for bent bones, but I hope you ladies get your pain all taken care of.  Good news, Pingo, you were pain free this morning - great progress.  Hopefully, you, tt, will find the same relief from the ortho.

Must walk Gracie and have lunch before I go so I better shake a leg.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Back in, made it a point to run into pumpkin so gave him his little trucks.  Not impressed with either, preferred to chew on the tightly sealed motrin bottle!

Kargiver, I'm not approaching making an appt. with ortho until after Easter.  I know from past experience, that sometimes the "treatment" leaves you more painful than the ailment.  Want to enjoy my Easter.  Was on my feet about 2 hours this morning tho, bothered me, but not so I couldn't do it, very glad to be sitting right now.  Time was up, said my hips/back!

Lunch fixings are getting slim around here, need a store run.  Not today - I'll put that off until tomorrow.  Have lettuce and cottage cheese - let's see, no tuna, no tomatoes, maybe a little piece of cuke, some shredded carrot - guess I can pull one together.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Toddlers find the most interesting things to play with! For lunch I have some lasagna. I'll go heat that up now. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Got all measured up this morning at my PT. Lots of progress as far as strength and flexibility is concerned. Hips are doing lot better, but my knee still needs more treatments. So I got an extension of 4 more treatments. Hopefully that will do it. This morning I woke up pain free, but now it hurts again. Nothing, however, like it was, when I started PT.
    Kar, that's the chicken, we ate yesterday. I don't blame you for bringing it back. Too expensive to just have to toss. Since  you are combining it with a haircut, you don't have to add the price of gas.
    Pumpkin will enjoy the truck later, tt. He was just engrossed in his Motrin bottle at the time you came.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Talked my hip/butt into making one more trip out - grocery shopping so I wouldn't have to think about that later in the week.  At the deli I noticed for the first time stuffed cabbage rolls. He said they have them all the time, but I never happened to notice them before - picked up a couple for supper.  Succombed to Reese peanut butter ice cream have been craving peanut butter and nuts in general.  Sunflower seeds fill the bill a little, but this will do the trick, I'm sure.

Yes, Pingo, I know pumpkin will be pushing the truck around once they get home, and as his mother said, chasing the other little wind up truck (I forgot I had bought) all over the floor.

Glad to hear the P.T. has helped you, Pingo.  I do believe it's a - as the ortho told me last time - "a sneaky disease, arthritis.  You think it's cleared up and then it decides at a moment's notice to rear its ugly head again."  Bursitis the same, and with sciatic problems, all you have to do is sneeze or pick up a kleenex!  G.T. is feeling better btw, thanks for asking.  No numbness in his foot or leg anymore.  He's doing a lot of stretching at the gym, and is going to sign up for a yoga class again - he had gone a couple of years ago, soft yoga, and enjoyed it.

Lawn guys just called, setting up schedule for this year.  I noticed on the flyer they sent me they've gone up yet more, so told him I would check around, there are a zillion lawn moving trucks around here, and get back to him.  The old "Well, you know the schedule is filling up fast" pitch - really turns me off when they go that route.

Got the refrigerator stuff put away, but now to clear the table of the regular groceries.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

tt, glad G.T. is feeling better. That ice cream flavor sounds very good. I'm partial to peppermint stick. Have a nice night everyone. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Winter, I like peppermint ice cream too. Make it usually for the holidays. Have a good night too.

tt, you should have told your lawn guy after his pitch, "Not with the prices, you are charging this year."
    Ummm, cabbage rolls? I have never seen them either. Where was that? S&S? I used to make my own, but it is a lot of work, and too much labor to put in for just a few.
    Dh and I stopped at Longhorn's for lunch (just half a sandwich and a salad), so I will make cabbage soup tonight. Now he has started talking about losing some weight. Why couldn't he have done it with me? I will never get him to log in what he eats. So I will try to do it for him the best I can. Not perfect, but better than nothing.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Yes, at their deli.  I reheated them with some tomato sauce and they were very good.  Nothing is ever as good as our homemade, but I was really pleased with these.  Like you, too much work for just one person.

That's good that your DH has decided to lose some weight, even if you have to be the one to log in as much as you're able to of what  he eats.  See, you were an inspiration to him!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

Peppermint stick (with hot fudge) is my favorite too.  Brighams has a special Red Sox flavor - coffee with choc chips and fudge ripple - right now that is good too.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

pretty moon tonight if u get a chance to glance

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from CT-DC. Show CT-DC's posts

Oh, BRIGHAMS!  Such good ice cream - down here we have only Baskin Robbins (connected to Dunkin Donuts, a funny combination but they share that pink color) and Rita's Italian Ice.  Oh, I've seen a Coldstone Creamery once, too, in a nearby town.  But whereas at home there is an ice cream corner on every corner that are OPEN all year round, down here there just aren't very many.  "It's too cold for ice cream" is what they insist!  Crazy.  Rita's are open March 1st to Sept 30 or something - and close all winter, but then again, they are walk ups (not for eating in) and walking up and standing outside in the cold to get ice cream is cold.  Baskin Robbins is fine, but not fabulous unless you want their sherbet. 

This year when we're up there I shall go to Brighams!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from princess-cal. Show princess-cal's posts

Good morning all.  Amber - hope we can get some more details about Joey.  How's your DD doing?

Trying to get my Easter plans underway.  Having the cleaning "girls" coming today, so that will help a lot.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Too cold for ice cream is a concept I never really understood.  Can't you eat it inside?!  CT - don't bother with Cold Stone; it is SO overpriced because of the extra labor involved in doing the mix-ins.  And, the base isn't even that great imo, or maybe it is but not $8 great, lol.  (I went once to the one in Newton Center.)

Enjoy the cleaning service day, Prin!  My friend with the trips has one, now, and she can't live without it.

Speaking of the trips, our day is tomorrow!!!  DH is happy to tend to Gracie for the day and through suppertime so I can come home after preparing their dinner.  It's an hour away so that puts me home at about 7:30.  So, no posting for me tomorrow, lol, hands FULL!

Amber, yes, looking for details, hoping for a pop-in. :)

We are going to my brother's in CT for Easter, and I'm bringing dessert.  It's a 2 hour drive so after reading tt's triffle troubles, that didn't make the short list, lol, although, it would be festive and pretty.  Brownies (the fudgy ones I  made that DH can eat but you'd NEVER suspect) are going, but not sure what else.  Those are  mainly for his benefit, but they are not even remotely sugar free so our diabetic dad can't eat them (unrefined coconut sugar is OK for DH, not for Dad).  Not much time left to figure it out; need to put it together Saturday.  The issues.

Time to get a move on the day, I guess.  No, wait, I need my coffee first.  And, breakfast. 

ETA:  icer, indeed, meant to comment on the moon last night - gorgeous!!!  I couldn't sleep facing the shade-drawn window, though, TOO BRIGHT!  The Man in the Moon kept me up until 11.

Sections
Shortcuts