March 2013!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Re: March 2013!

Someone here made some sort of bread, so it looks like I'll have that for breakfast. Raisin I think. Sounds like a lovely day with GD on Saturday. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

I've changed from my winter breakfast (oatmeal) to my summer favorite (granola with yogurt) so it must be spring!  The few intervals of sun this week have been wonderful and I noticed this morning that there's been lots of melting even since yesterday afternoon.  Pretty sunset last night, too.

Errands today - lst of the Easter dinner shopping, wine, etc.  plus a trip to the library - a book I really want to read has arrived from ILL.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

tt, I meant to tell you I watched the first episode of Season 1 of Downton Abbey last night. I'm hooked and can't wait to see the rest. If anyone is interested, Seasons 1 and 2 are on netflix and Amazon Prime. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

What's the book, Hats?

Keep forgetting to mention - a lone purple crocus is in bloom by the side of my front walk.

ETA:  Correction - looked out the window and there are about half a dozen blooms ready to open!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I know what you mean, Winter.  It wasn't until the 2nd season that I watched it after hearing everyone rave about the characters.  I love it too.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

CT-DC, what a nice description of your city. Make me want to go there. So lucky you are, Winter, so get so many hints, before you get there. Sounds like you will have a wonderful time.

Kar, you must already have your hands full. Should be quite an experience. I still remember your daddy friends remark, "Three is nice, but not at the same time". Let us know, how it went, when you have a chance.

How is your back and hips this morning, tt? Good you have an in-town son, that can come and help you once in a while, when needed. Saturday's schedule sounds fun for both you and GD.

Winter, glad you like Downton Abbey. It get better and better. Everyone in our family have now watched Season 1. And we have decided we will watch Season 2, when we get together in TX in a couple of weeks. That's the beauty of Netflix, you can bypass adds and watch two at the time. I did watch part of Season 2, but I don't mind watching it again.

Such a nice day yesterday. Cold again this morning. Hopefully it will warm up as the day goes by, so we can get rid of the residual snow. DH and I are having lunch with our friend, who's husband has Alzheimer's. Poor girl, she needs a break. She is a proud woman, and will never ask for help, even though we have offered it many times.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

It's not something I can see DH or DS getting into, but I can watch it upstairs or on my Ipad. I already don't like Thomas and I only saw one episode!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

In response to toytrumpet's comment:

What's the book, Hats?

It's volume 34 of a series of books by Cynthia Harrod-Eagles which tells the History of England through the lives of the women of a family from the 14th century through...well, vols 34 and 35 deal with the 1930s.  Will she live to finish it and will she be able to find a publisher for vols 36 on?  who knows?

Here's a link....

http://www.cynthiaharrodeagles.com/cynthia_harrod_eagles/index.php/books/the-winding-road

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

In response to Ihavemyhats' comment:

What's the book, Hats?

It's volume 34 of a series of books by Cynthia Harrod-Eagles which tells the History of England through the lives of the women of a family from the 14th century through...well, vols 34 and 35 deal with the 1930s.  Will she live to finish it and will she be able to find a publisher for vols 36 on?  who knows?

Here's a link....

http://www.cynthiaharrodeagles.com/cynthia_harrod_eagles/index.php/books/the-winding-road

Sounds interesting, Hats.  Does it really start with volume 1?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Yesterday I had a great pain free day, Pingo, and was optimistic.  Of course, I didn't do much but make the half moons.  Last night was the usual pain I have when I lie down and this morning when I was trying to get my socks on - got a sharp muscle pain in the top of my leg that's thrown that off again. Just took a tylenol and will see what happens.  My son who has had 2 back surgeries, felt that is where I'm over compensating with that leg, so careful of it.  Just want to get through Easter and then I'll make an ortho appt.

Seems nice out to me, was standing at the door when son left.  He noticed even more crocus that are up on the front lawn.

Have to get a wash in, cellar stairs or not.  Had him take the basket down, maybe I'll hitch down step by step on my backside.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

Sounds interesting, Hats.  Does it really start with volume 1?

Yes it does start with vol. 1 and goes right through.  I started reading the series when there were maybe 18? books published, only available in the UK, and there was a bookstore in town that ordered them from a company in Vermont that specialized in books from England.  Then that store closed and she got an American publisher, so they are available at Barnes and Noble and Amazon now and they come out in hardback first.  My collection is paperback, so I borrow them in hardback and wait for the paper to come out to buy them.  I have read them all twice through - a series like this keeps me going for a month or so.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

That looks really interesting, Hats. Something I would like to read. Did you read the first 33 books?

ETA. You already answered my question.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

So sorry to hear, tt, you are having pain again. Just be careful w/ those stairs. Do you have a hand rail to hold on to? You son is right. We are favoring the bad hip/knee/leg, and that creates problems with our gait. Did you try Motrin instead of Tylenol? It is better for pain and inflamation according to the docs. I know, it gives you stomach troubles, but try to take it with food - like a banana f.ex.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I can't take any anti-inflammatory, not because of stomach problems, but kidney problems.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Sorry you are in pain tt. I hope the pain stays away so you can enjoy your Easter plans. Too bad you can't have your washer/dryer moved up to the mail level. Mine are also in the basement, sigh.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

TT, have you asked your DR about an alternative pain reliever?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I asked the N.P. the other day when I talked with her.  Tylenol was the only answer.  But, enough about me.  I've taken the tylenol and rubbed on some "deep heat cream", and I'm doing OK.  Particularly when I read this email from G.T. that our friend who has just finished a year of chemo for pancreatic cancer, has just been diagnosed with a blood clot in her lung for which she has to inject herself twice a day to dissolve it.  This is the lady who sends me flowers on my birthday and thank you notes for the notes/cards I send to her.  Such an amazing person whose spirits are always up.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Two washes done, so quite proud of myself.  As I folded one load and went down cellar for the second, Cheerio made herself comfortable on the first batch of folded towels on the l.r. couch!

Not raining here yet, but it is certainly a grey dismal day.

What's everyone having for supper?  Couldn't make up my mind what to take out of the freezer this morning.  That clearly limits my choices - maybe spaghetti with diced tomatoes, or a big salad with tuna salad, or something with eggs - OR, almost forgot, the idea of making potato pancakes with sour cream.  Right now that wins the prize.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Oh dinner. I'm not sure, steak I think. Glad you were able to get some laundry done. Are you feeling any better?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

In response to Winter2011Bride's comment:

Oh dinner. I'm not sure, steak I think. Glad you were able to get some laundry done. Are you feeling any better?

The tylenol has taken the edge off, so yes, thanks.  Got a couple of early Happy Easter calls today and that's always nice too.  Wonder if everyone is working tomorrow.  If any of you are off, Happy Easter.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

leftovers! for dinner here since we have church tonight.  But i made sure to cook enough that we have some excellent choices so it's a nice change.

Just went to the library and not only did I get the book on reserve but three fat, fat tomes by other British writers - so I am set for the next two weeks.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Love it when you can stock up on books you want to read.  I found one at the library this week, it's OK -  "The Folded earth" by Anuradha Roy.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

I'll be here tomorrow tt. DS of course does not have school. We are going to brunch on Sunday so that will be nice. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Have a good night everyone. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Goodnight, Winter.  Was just watching Mayon Mennino's address announcing he will not run for re-election.  Very touching.

Sections
Shortcuts