March 2013!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Re: March 2013!

You too, Winter. I am leaving in a few myself.
    It is DH's tennis night, so I may just have a cup of tea w/ a toast for dinner. Went out for lunch at Oye's with our Alzheimer friend's wife, so I had a big lunch. Fruit for dessert later, when DH gets home.  He told me, he would skip dinner.

No day off for us tomorrow.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

I read this morning, he was not going to run again. Considering all his health issues, a wise decision I think. But I am sure it must have been a difficult decision to make, after so many years at the "wheel".

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

I watched his speech at 4...Although we already knew what he(Mayor Menino) was going to say....I admit...I shed more than one tear

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from princess-cal. Show princess-cal's posts

Good Friday (no pun intented, lol) moring to everyone.  Working on my "list" for Easter.  Will do my grocery shopping tomorrow.

Happy that my 18 yo niece is coming.  I have such a bond with her and she is going through some difficult time.  Hoping we can sneak off at some point and go for a walk and talk or something.

Looks like the weather is going to be perfect! 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Good morning,

I sat with a few tears rolling down my cheeks during Mayor Mennino's speech yesterday too, Icer.  I think we've come to take him and his office for granted.  I've lived long enough to remember some past mayors with corruption in their office, and what it did to the city.

Princess, it's good to hear you feeling well enough that you are looking forward to having everyone to your house for Easter.  Hope you do get some time alone with your niece, I always have that thought in the back of my head at these get togethers - to have a few minutes to talk with so and so - but the time seems to go by before I've had a chance to do it, and then everyone's leaving.

Getting my cake made today that will go into the trifle, that's about all I have planned.  A little freshening up around the house for when G.T.'s friend comes in to pick me up.  He's such a nice guy.  I really enjoyed having the drive time at Thanksgiving for the two of us to chat back and forth.

Kargiver, waiting to hear all about your adventures with the little ones yesterday.  I know your DH is home today, but hope you can steal a few minutes to pop on and paint us a picture of the pedi waiting room scene.

Everyone have a good day.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Good morning!

Thanks for asking about our day!  We had a terrific time, as always, and everything went very well; all the kids are healthy and all did great.  We picked up lunch on the way back.  Of course, all the naps and feedings were off schedule so you can imagine the ramifications of that - she is very careful regarding the schedule and a mid-morning appt throws a big wrench in it.  I baked their traditional (her) lemon cake which makes two generous loaf-shaped cakes.  Cleaned that up and prepared dinner of pork chops, mashed potato, and sauteed carrots, onions, and garlic.  I got a magazine-like photo on the way home of it plated; it was all due to be ready when her DH got home from work and given the time I got the photo it seems it was. :)

Will catch up from your goings on I missed after my second cuppa - I'm bushed!  Got home at 9 last night and we went to bed later than usual.  Hope everyone is well and enjoying preparing for Easter this Good Friday (for those who celebrate - most of us do in our regular group, it seems).

~kar

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Good morning everyone. Sounds like you had a nice time Kar. My mouth is watering for the Lemon cake though. tt, enjoy making the triffle, wish you could post a picture of it when it's completed. Prin, sounds like your plans are coming along for Sunday. What are you making?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Was rereading your post, Kargiver and thought, what a good friend you are.  My friend in Fla called me yesterday and said how she had been down with a sinus infection as part of a virus, and told of her neighbor/friend who had brought over a mini meatloaf, a couple of baked potatoes and a veggie one day, and another day a broccoli quiche for her and her husband.  That and what you do is really a trait you don't see much anymore in neighbors/friends.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

MMMMmmmm... lemon cake would make a good trifle with whipped cream and raspberries

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

I just read a recipe for a brownie/peanut butter trifle with mini Reese's cups...will have to try someday.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

OK now I want the lemon triffle. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

Me too, Winter

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Well, I'm sticking with Hats' apple trifle.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

I just went out on the deck and there's a cardinal out there singing for a mate with all his might ~ soon it will be time, Pingo, for us to start breakfasting out there.  I think spring is going to come soon.  Will the cold mean a slow spring or will sudden warmth mean an all-at-once "blink and you'll have missed it" short season?  No matter what, it will be wonderful to shed the heavy clothes and expose our northern skin to the sun's rays and start generating some of that vitamin D.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good morning,
    That lemon trifle sounds really good. The peanut butter one, not so much. Don't like peanut butter.
    Sounds like your day with the trips went well w/o a hitch, Kar. I can just imagine, how exhausting it must have been. 2 for me was plenty. And a long day too for you. Hope you can relax today with DH at home.
    How are the hips and your back this morning, tt? I am painless this morning, and was most of the day yesterday. I feel like they have put new life into me. Bless those girls. Have a few more appointments scheduled. I will miss them, when I am done.
    Speaking of which. Gotta run. Chat later.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from shakersilly2010. Show shakersilly2010's posts

Good morning all, looks and feels nice out....its about time!!  Lovely weather for all to celebrate the wonders of Easter.  Family will all be here for lunch on Sunday, hoping to have a wee egg hunt in the yard for Logan...I'm sure the others (lots older) will help him.  Hope you have a great time at GT's on Sunday tt,  my mouth is watering thinking of all the goodies that will be there.  Kar, such a thoughtful friend, bet the trips mom really appreciates all your help, I had four little ones at  one  time, but oh golly, 3 the same age, wow!! 

Icer, what time shall I pick up my cake??  Can't wait! ss

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Thanks, tt.  That is nice about your FL friend's getting neighborly/friendly help in her time of need, too.  It's a lost art, but when housewives were the norm friends had more time to be generous with.  And, she has long become one of my very best friends (long before they had kids) so a day with her is a fun day no matter what we're doing.  I'm glad for the reason to spend whole days with her.

I am looking forward to enjoying coffee out on the patio, too.  And, I'm ready for a break from hefting wood from the garage to the stove.

ETA:  SS, your post came up when mine did.  Yeah, 3 at once, although, 4 at any time is a handful!

Whoops, Pingo's too!  Glad you are pain free another morning!  Praying that lasts and that you can keep buidling up your walks.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Just came back from PT, Costco and TJ's. It is truly wonderful out. My car A/C even started. The stores are mobbed. Long lines at the check outs. Got the ingredients for that Lemon Trifle. Lemons for the cake, Raspberries and heavy cream to whip. I only have to pick up sugarfree lemon pudding, but if I don't get it, I will do w/o. Will make it in individual parfait glasses for just the two of us.
    Yes Hats, can't wait to bring out the deck furniture and share breakfast with the birds. We had a Cardinal pair all winter. They are so pretty. Never heard them sing though. Probably b/c I didn't wear my aids. Will have to remedy that. They rest of the flock is very busy eating us out of the house. They are all here. The Juncos haven't left yet, but I am sure it wont be long before they go back home to Canada. I thought I saw two Goldfinches last week, so we added more nyjer seeds to the mix. But we haven't seen them since.
    Resting over a cuppa. Will have to put the groceries away. Something I don't enjoy.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Oh, Pingo, if I'd known - I have a lemon cake in the freezer - well half a lemon cake - that I had made a while ago and frozen.  It was a Duncan Hines and was delicious.  You could have had the rest of that for your trifle.  Plenty and then some for 2 people.

I just recycled a basket I got for Christmas, put grass in it and all the leftover candy (leftover even after the bags for Lilly and bro and sister).  Done up with Easter cellophane and green bows leftover from the party, to take with G.T.'s things.  Only thing that isn't in there are the Cadbury eggs that he loves - but he'll have to do without those (from me anyway) this year.

My kitchen floor needs a washing sooo bad, but I don't think I can do it.  Plan to have everything going to G.T.'s in the l.r. so that when friend comes we don't have to step any further into the house.  Uncomfortable enough today that I succombed to an ibuprofen.  Can't believe one once in a while is going to do any great damage.

Speaking of the birds, I was checking out a robin that had evidently given itself a bath in my melted pond.  He was sitting on a rock above, fluffing his wings and pecking cleaning himself all over.  Wondered if he is a Canadian one getting cleaned up for his long flight back home.  Watching the sparrows out front too, seems to be a lot of activity in one of the topiaries, think they are flying back and forth relining their nests.

Want a cup of tea myself, and will check Dr. Phil to see if he has something I want to watch, has had a lot of really morbid stories on lately.  Something lighter, like a wayward husband would be nice for a change!  lol

Young kid riding his bike along the foot of the driveway - now that's a sure sign of Spring.

Once again to all of you about getting ready to leave for the week-end - have a wonderful, happy Easter.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Sounds like you've had a busy day tt. How's the cake coming along? Sorry your hip is bothering you again. I'm very busy today it comes in spurts. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from princess-cal. Show princess-cal's posts

Boy, it's been a long day here.  Been pretty stressfull at work as we are having a govt audit this week (something that happens every few years here).  Anyway, I believe things went very well so that's good to hear.  I really do adore the company I work for so that's a good!

Sounds like everyone's getting ready for Easter.  I plan on hitting S&S early tomorrow to hopefully avoid the crowds. 

Not sure what is on the docket for tonight.  Wouldn't mind going out for dinner w/DH, but he went out with "the guys" last night, so I'm wondering if he'll want to go out again.  Hopefully I can twist his arm.  

Nervous about my drs appt next week.  I know I have lost some weight since my last appt.  Hopefully I can put some more on this weekend, lol.  I have been starting to try drinking Boost nutritional drinks.  I brought one to work and put it in the fridge today and can you believe someone stole it?  Seriously.  Those things are expensive, lol.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

Princess that is terrible.  Put something horrible tasting (but harmless - like cod liver oil) in one of the boost drinks and leave it there.  Mark it 'w/medication' and see what happens.

Hello everyone and welcome to today's episode of extreme house cleaning.  Armed with only an upright vac, a hand vac, a swabby mop, a pail, a queen-sized sheet torn into rags, a swiffer sweeper, a swiffer duster, a tub scrubber, a sponge, a toilet brush,scrubbing bubbles, vinegar,  lysol, lysol toilet bowl cleaner, fantastic, simple green, a couple of paint brushes, a large towel, some tea towels, a HE washing machine, detergent, clorox II, a dryer, lysol wipes, bounce sheets, some titanium white and three pair of slippers, we answer the question; " can one woman clean her house well enough to pass the dreaded mother-in-law test?"  Turn in Sunday night to see if Mrs Clean's white gloves remained unsullied.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Princess, government audit? Oh, Joy! Good it went well. The trick is to have everything ready for them, then they don't poke too much.
    Those refrigerator thieves are everywhere. I used to stock up on yogurts to have as a snack once in a while. But apparently someone else likes them too. When I felt like having one, they were all gone. I even left 1/2 leftover sandwich in there to take home with me. When I was ready to leave, it was gone. So yes, I can believe someone stole it, princess. Try to put a note on the refrigerator. "Whoever took my Boost, please restock it." You may be lucky.

Busy day for you, tt. I hope your ibuprofen helps you. No kitchen floor today, even if the pain subsides. If I had gone to S&S, I would have picked up DH's lemon cake mix. It is good; I made muffins from it once. But I wasn't near one, so instead I will make my moms. It actually too good to mix up in a trifle, but there will be plenty leftover to snack on later.

What's everyone having for dinner? I know princess would like to go out. I picked up a rotisseri chicken at Costco's. That will be our dinner w/ cranberry sauce and cucumber salad. DH loves it, and we haven't had it for a while. Lots of leftover chicken for chicken pot pie and for a chicken salad. Yum!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I'm going to cook up some spaghetti with butter, and slice some tomatoes, sprinkle with shredded mozzarella and put under the broiler, to have with.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Hats, you are too funny, but I love your idea with the cod liver oil.
    My BIL is like your MIL. It used to drive me crazy and give me anxiety attacks. But I have learned, if my house is clean enough for DH and me, it is good enough for him too. I do hope you pass muster after all the hard work, you put in. Happy Easter!