March 2013!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Re: March 2013!

Good morning everyone and Happy Birthday Pingo. tt, sounds like you and your GD are going to have a great time decorating before your get together. Princess, sorry about your mom. I hope she feels like herself soon. Kar, sorry you and DH were sick yesterday. Hope you are both on the mend today.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from shakersilly2010. Show shakersilly2010's posts

Good morning all, the wind is blowing and the snow is snowing.....got about 1-3" on the ground, they say it will stop and then snow off and on all day, the worst it yet to come.              tt, so glad you got all your party stuff before this mess outside.  Happy Birthday Pingo, hope your day is terrific.  Princess, sorry about your Mom, hope when you get to the hospital she will be a bit better and ready to go home.  Everyone will be here for Easter, hope the weather co-operates, I'll be setting out eggs for Logan to find.  The Dollar Tree is a great place to shop for items for the plastic eggs, and also for St.Pats day and Easter.  Have all my decorations up, my shakers in place....had DH take my Shamrock Flag down, when it stops snowing he will put it up again.  ss

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Wanted to say good morning to you, Winter and SS before I start the dreaded cleaning of the stove.  Gawd I hate that.  Haven't seemed to find the cleaner that makes light work of it yet.  Have to wear my glasses when I'm doing it or the next time I walk by I see grease I missed.  What I'd really like to do is bake those lemon cupcakes.  I could bake all day every day, most of the time.  Problem is, there's no one else to do the housecleaning.  Keep looking at the table decorations I bought - want to play with those!  Table is still down cellar tho, waiting probably until Sunday morning when there are a couple of strong armed men with good backs (do we have such a creature in our family??) to bring it up.  Things are definitely buffet style around here now, and it seems to work out OK even tho there isn't the best seating accommodations.

I'm off.  Will not let myself check back in here (I get sidetracked with MahJong every time I sit down - just one game, I tell myself - right!) until 10:30.  Let's see what I can get done.  I'll make a game of it.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

10:30 - so I check back in, ready to sit and read some posts - - nothing - noone!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

Happy BDay Pingo!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Hi Novem.  Got a lot done and am washing the plastic plates/glasses now.  Quite a nice buy actually, it looks like cut crystal.  The plates I got in Costco, dinner size and dessert, pkged 25 of each together for $10.98, I think.  Was afraid they might be flimsy, but they're not.  they'll work out well.  the glasses I like too, a different shape, clear plastic, good for a toast of champagne, and I found those in CTS.  Again, a good find.

Haven't tackled the stove yet, but I will after Y&R and lunch.  Dustmopped the rooms, and just have left the l.r. for a final sweep on Sat.

Icer, are you watching Nikki?  I'm not sure I like this new detail they've added.  I think she's overdramatic.  Poor Adam, I felt bad when he arrived with gift in hand and was told to leave in no uncertain terms.  trying to like Dillon (Jason) in this role, but I'm so used to him being a henchman on General Hospital - I think the previous role fits him better.

Gotta go.  I'll check back around 1:30.  Hopefully Birthday Girl will have made an appearance by then!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good morning and thank you everyone for your happy birthday wishes.

It has been a busy morning. I have been on the phone since 6:45 this morning with calls from far and near. Several Happy BD songs included. Had a nice breakfast of blueberry muffins (I baked them last night and left them out with the candles, so DH could see them LOL) and coffee w/ DH before he left. Got a lovely bouquet of red roses and a gorgeous new orchid from him as well. Had a stack of cards to open.
    The weather didn't cooperated for our plans for today. So no Foxwood. And DH went to work; no need for him to stay at home. He is going to pick me up at lunch time, so we can have lunch out together. I will cook a light dinner tonight at home. Maybe a salad or soup. Our dinner out tonight is postponed until tmw. Our RI friends were going to join us, and it is a long trip to drive back and forth in this weather. I wouldn't want them to do that. Sat. we are going out with another 3 couples - incl. DH's sister and BIL. Had to find a place with vegetarian dishes for them. I didn't want Mexican, Italian or Indian food. So we settled for Chinese. A Chinese place that has a special vegetarian menu.

Sorry to read about your mother's complications, princess. Hopefully they will be able to treat her, before they send her home. Hospitals are confusing places for most.
    tt, I laughed of your chalkboard descriptions. I am sure Princess Kargiver and Pingo Trumpet are taking good care of their patients. I also had a board like that, when I was in the hospital. And I have to admit, I looked at it often; especially what day it was.
    Looks like you are way ahead with your party plans. Love the idea to have GD come and decorate the table. Now, a photo option would be great. I notices the little square w/ the tree is back. Could it possibly be?
    Hope you and DH are feeling better today, Kar. Could be exhaustion from the day before.
    Have no plans for Easter yet. It will only be DH and myself, so may make a reservation for brunch somewhere.
    Still in my morning robe. Better get ready, before DH shows up.
    Have a good day all.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Sorry tt. I was tied up with some stuff. Looks like you've been very productive thought. It does look like you can post a picture but that the picture needs to come from a site like shutterfly, etc. I have an account there so I'll see if I can Yoda to post. Sorry your Foxwoods plans were cancelled Pingo. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

You ladies are off to a busy start this morning.  I, on the other hand, am havign one of those days where it feels like I am just spinning my wheels.  I know I am doing things, but nothing seems to be getting done.  Oh well, will just keep pushing through.  The weekend is almost here!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Yoda

It worked here is Yoda during the bad storm we had. He was afraid of the plows and wanted to know what the sound was, so it went to the window to peek.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Nice photo, Winter. I tried too, but it didn't work. Don't have a shutterfly account. Can't copy from my desk top, as I used to do. What a pain. Argh!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

It can be any photo account or website I believe. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Don't have any photo account :(

In response to Winter2011Bride's comment:

It can be any photo account or website I believe. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

Aww.. Yoda is all grown up! And quite handsome!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Thanks Novem. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I come back and look what I find - a post from birthday girl, and a beautiful pic of Yoda - he is so handsome.  He's built like G.T.'s Desmond, a big, solid cat.

Funny, before I started posting, I could see the tree in the bottom of the box too, but now that I'm posting in it, it's gone, so I guess no pic of pumpkin.

Finally down to the business of cleaning that stove.  Will feel good once I get that done.

Still lightly snowing here.  Sticking to the lawn but not the street.  Weather at noon said it was going to get worse tonight.  I'm thinking they mean along the immediate coast as far as high tides etc.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Thanks tt. What did Cheerio think of him? Last she saw him he was a kitten. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

My chores for the day are done.  Will catch Dr. Phil and if I still feel like doing anything, will make those lemon cupcakes.  They keep coming to the front of my mind for some reason.  Trying to decide how to cook the leftover chicken breasts - they are skinless/boneless, wanted to roast them early in the morning before my oven gets filled with lasagna trays, but not sure how to prepare them other than cracker crumbs and margarine.  Any suggestions?  Easy ones, no gourmet stuff, I won't have time to fool a lot with them.  Am making my ala king except for the cream, the day before and reheating it, but the lasagnas will be put together from scratch Sunday morning.  I like them best that way.  Also will have to run up and pick up my cake.

Cream, I need hand cream on these poor hands.  Soaked the burner grates and then scoured with sos pads and my hands are are puffy, water logged crinkled mitts.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

In response to Winter2011Bride's comment:

Thanks tt. What did Cheerio think of him? Last she saw him he was a kitten. 

Cheerio crawled in under this comforter right after we had lunch, haven't seen or heard her since.  It's been so long now since she saw another cat, not sure what her reaction to Yoda will be.  Hoping Spring will bring visits from Handsome Harry again.  It was good for her to go nose to nose at the door with another cat.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

tt, now your stove is done, you are welcome to do mine. I will even offer you some hand lotion afterwards.
    There is a product called "Krud Kutter" - it works wonders on a greasy stove with stuff baked it. Spray, let sit for a couple of minutes then wipe off - no streaks. If something is really stubborn, a light scrubbing will do. Honestly. I bought mine in HD, but I believe Lowe's carry it too. I got some for DS and DIL, when I visited them last, and cleaned their stove. It was really, really bad. They couldn't believe how easily the gunk came off. It used to take a lot of soaking and scrubbing.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

I'll have to look for this Krud Killer, I need to clean the oven. tt, so cute that Cheerio goes under the blankets, Yoda wants NO part of that. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Done.  It's not the oven, it's the grates on top of the stove that are a mess.  I scrub, soak, whatnot.  Funny, today saw on another chatline someone was sharing the tip he had for cleaning them, putting 1/4 cup ammonia in water in a baggie and soaking the grate sealed in it  for 4 hours.  Said the stuff just about fell off, and the grates looked like new.  Don't know how you would do that with 4 grates to soak tho.  I have no rubber gloves anyway and I'm not fond of ammonia (who is?).  I'll look for your Krud Kutter.

Princess, did you get to see your mother today?  Wondering how she seemed and what you thought was going on.

Have to return a call.  Pingo enjoy your evening.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Have a good night everyone. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Winter, it is not an oven cleaner per se. But you could probably use it, if you make sure to rinse your oven inside well afterwards. I am not sure your roast will taste good with  Krud Kutter flavor. Stove top and other places don't come in contact with the food.

I have heard of the bag w/ ammonia too, tt. A friend used this method to get the crud off her oven shelving. She used a garbage bag, let them sit overnight then hosed them off the next morning. This friend also kept a spay bottle with it and used it to clean just about everything. Personally, I don't like ammonia and don't keep it in the house.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

What did you decide for supper, Pingo?  I didn't take out anything out and am wishing I did now.  One thing for sure, it won't be anything that is going to mess up my shiny stove top!

Friend that used to come here for breakfast - do you remember her - the one I finally figured was taking advantage of me.  Always had money to go out to lunch with another friend of  hers, but whenever she came here and I suggested going out to lunch, Oh, hadn't stopped at the ATM ?  Anyway, just called me and when I mentioned having the family together on Sunday to celebrate my birthday early, she wished me a happy birthday "In case I don't have a chance to call you again."  I said it's not until the 18th, and she said, "Oh I know, but I'm so busy."   I wonder if she realizes how rude that sounds, like "I'm too busy for you."  We go back a long way.  I just said, "Yes, you tell me all the time how busy you are."  Went right over her head.

Anyway, I've got to scrounge up something satisfying for my supper.  Enjoy your evening.