March 2014

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

Re: March 2014

"although, I hear neck bones are soft enough for dogs to chew and digest".

Braised=cooked.  

Never give your dogs cooked bones.
    Cooking makes them soft, splinter, and a hazard to your dog. 

Ps: Putting the raw chicken necks through a meat grinder before adding them to their regular meal would be better.  The BARF diet is another option.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from princess-cal. Show princess-cal's posts

Good morning and happy March.  Kar - what an ordeal you are going through.  You do have such a good attitude about it all though!

Had a nice weekend.  Fri was my bday, so DH, MIL & I had a nice little dinner (at home) and then cake, etc. after.  It was so nice.   MIL gave me the sweetest card and a couple of very thoughtful gifts.  She is always good like that.

My poor Mom was sick all weekend with a stomach bug.  I couldn't go over there, because with my immune system being so week we all know it would have just put me back in the hospital.  The good thing is at the Asst. Living place we know there are people there.  She said she just wanted to sleep anyway, and my brother was good about going to check in in her.  She was back to her old self yesterday so that's good.

I'll have to see if MIL has spoken to Peter.  I know he plans on stopping by at some point because he has medical appts pretty close to our house.  I'll let you know what I find out.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Good morning, and belated happy birthday, Princess.  Sorry we missed it.  So glad to hear you are continuing to feel good.  Hope Peter will stop by to see you.  I'm sure you will tell him of his customers at Costco who ask about him all the time.  The old Pharmacy isn't the same without Peter there.

Went up to BB&B and bought one of those pillow wedges yesterday.  OMG, impossible for me to sleep on, as is.  Needed another pillow under my neck/head, and was the most uncomfortable night I have spent in ages.  I'll have to fool around with the positioning, and hope that it will help.

Fla knee surgery friend and I talked yesterday and she's doing fantastic.  Using just a cane already and doing more walking around than she's been able to do in years.  P.T. at her house every day, and she says that is really painful, stretching and strengthening muscles, but she sounds great and is so optomistic.

Haven't gotten into my regular email yet this morning.  Asked my son to send along a pic of whatever cake Lilly picked out for him.  He had a feeling it would be either Spongebob or Ninja Turtles!

Did you get any snow out there, Kargiver?  Nothing here, just a very grey dismal morning to get up to.  No plans to go out today, tomorrow is the dentist, and another medical appt. Friday.  I'll have to see if GD can get over Weds or Thurs for those wreaths.

Wondering what happened to Bg.  Haven't heard from her in a while now.  Hope everything is good with her family.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from allreadymarried. Show allreadymarried's posts

I think it works the same for water lines to some extent.

I don't agree at all.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Good morning, all!

We still have power...?  I'll take it, but now am constantly assuming it's going to be gone, again, "any second."  My attitude is helped by DH's being able to take care of stuff - you'd see a far grumpier kargiver if he couldn't, LOL!!!

Princess, happy belated birthday!  Glad you are still doing better.  Your poor mom; stomach things are the worst, but they do tend to clear up fast...good thing it seems hers is following that track.  Assisted living is the best of both worlds. :)

tt, I wonder if you'd have good luck and more comfort by putting the wedge between the box spring and the mattress?  It would raise you up just as much, but the only pillow you'd have directly against your head is your comfy one.  That's how my grandmother did it - she had so many issues...

Not a flake of snow here and just as gray, cold, and dismal here as there.  My folks could have stayed, after all.  But, I'm coming down with a cold and there was (is?) the power issue so I guess it turned out for the better to have them go early.

chiro appt at 10:45...cancelled dental appt this morning due to my cold.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Thanks for the suggestion re placement of the wedge.  With my old mattress, I had a blanket folded several times, between the top of the mattress and box spring, but this new mattress didn't come with a box spring, just what looked to me like a rather flimsy platform with sheeting across it.  of course I only saw it as they dropped it in place, but I don't think it is strong enough to put added weight on it, plus probably not sturdy enough.  Next time one of my boys with OK shoulders/back is over (haha), I'll have them check.  This mattress is too thick and heavy for me to attempt lifting.

Glad to hear you still have power this morning.  Makes you wonder if the utility guy knew what he was talking about, or if the problem he mentioned was just a "perhaps".

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Just heard from DIL.  This year Lilly picked out a regular cake, 2 layers, one white, one chocolate, and "She did pick him out 2 movies, Ninja Turtles and the jungle book, lol, and a can of Pringle's."

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rama8677. Show rama8677's posts

Hi all, happy march!  I have been unable to read cc for a few weeks with both DDs and myself fighting a bad cold and not being in regular routine.  We are all better but had to miss some work and generally feeling behind.  DH and I are also in the process of preparing to sell our house so things are busy busy busy.

Anyway, I wanted to say hello and that i'm reading when I can.

TT, regarding the wedge, try putting it underneath your fitted sheet. It will stay in place better that way and maybe won't bother you as much when you are sleeping. 

pingo, congrats on your new gd!  So exciting! 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good morning,
    Happy belated birthday, princess. Sorry we missed it. Nice little celebration, you had. I love those.
    So glad to see the bare driveway this morning. It does make it a lot easier to get around. Have an appointment for my B12 shot this morning.
    tt, I do believe the wedge is suppose to be in btw. the mattress and the box spring. My mother used one for swelling in her feet, and that was placed in btw. Sleeping directly on that "break" must be most uncomfortable.
    Good to hear you still have power, Kar. I would be like you, expecting it to go off any minute. Should I start my laundry, should I make those cookies etc. My washer once stopped (broke) in the middle of a load. It was a nightmare with a full load of very wet cloths. Anxiety 101.
    How is the arm this morning, Winter? You must be looking forward to tmw. to finally start PT. I hope for you, they will apply ultrasound. That helped me more than the exercises themselves. If they don't, maybe you can ask for it. Good luck.
    Anyone watched the Oscars last night? We watched a bit of it. Ellen DeGeneres was good. I didn't care much for her before, but she won me over last night. She was relaxed and funny. She was a good host IMO. We taped the rest of it; maybe we will watch some more tonight.
    Leaving now, or I will be late. Everyone have a good day. Chat later.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Good morning everyone. I think 7th grade is a little young to iron your own shirts, like tt, I'll get on that in high school. He does fold and put away his laundry, and does some other stuff, which is alot more then his classmates do. As for hanging them up, it doesn't help they are a polo shirt, so they get very wrinked in the washer, I don't like to dry them because they will shrink. The cleaner won't have them for me in time, as I have I only have 5 and would need them back Monday. I ironed the two that were ready with my left hand, not as nice as usual, but since he's the only one with ironed shirts, I'm sure it was fine.
    Nice to hear from everyone. Seems like everyone had a nice weekend. I have DH's birthday Wednesday and my best friend's birthday is the 20th.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Arm is about the same, some of the swelling has gone down. I did watch the Oscars, at about 9, missed the first half hour.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Where is everyone today? I've been checking and checking. If it wasn't so cold it would be nice blue sky day.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I've been around, Winter.  Was in and out briefly to do a couple of things I had planned on leaving til tomorrow.  Was just thinking, I really didn't accomplish much of anything around the house.

Read a little of "Where'd you go, Bernadette", and browsed through a couple of magazines that came in today's mail.  Finished up the folded pages and have them clipped together waiting to be coiled.  Cut out another of the wreath forms.  Meant to call my son earlier to see when GD can come over, but with the time it is now, will wait and try to catch him tomorrow morning.  Eating lightly until reflux calms down, so my supper of scrambled eggs and potatoes probably doesn't have you thinking, "Oh boy, that sounds good" lol.  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

I'd have potatoes anytime. Not sure what we are having, spaghetti I think. Hope your GD visits this week; I can't wait to see the next craft project. :) Will there be cookie baking going on?

I'll be heading out soon, so have a good night everyone.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Yes, always cookie baking - this time it will be the choc chip recipe,  half will have no choc chips, for her - maybe green spinkles on hers.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

good morning...cough, sniffle.  Wasn't on much yesterday due to this nasty chest cold.  Draining.  Seems like it's been one thing after another since November for us...whinnnnne.

Hope your reflux settles down soon, tt.  Hard to not be able to eat what you want.  Although, I'm with Winter, potatoes always sound good to me. 

Pingo, did I miss a brief posting of a photo?  Dying to see your precious new GD.  If no pic, at least more stories?  How are they doing?  And, how is DH's vision and hearing?  Hoping no word because it's all restored back to normal.  I'm still having minor issues for the first 10 min after getting up, but that's about it, and it's very mild, just a little blurriness, no double vision or balance issues anymore.

...sat on this awhile so apologies for missing anything in meantime.  Was sending DH off.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Good morning,

Heard it's another chilly one.  Glad my appt. isn't until later in the day.  Hope you are still with power, Kargiver.  Will check in after others have had a chance to post.

ETA:  Your post was there when mine came up, Kargiver.  Too bad about the cold, what are you doing for it?  Reflux is still raging at night, new pillow hasn't helped at all.  Right now all it's doing is playing  havoc on my back.  It's a gentle slope upwards, Pingo, so no gap between it and mattress.  And it's much larger and wider than I had thought, no chance of slipping off, I just slide down and curl up.  Hoping I'll get a call re a cancellation before my scheduled appt. with gastroenterologist.  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Good morning everyone. What a chilly one out there, I really didn't want to leave the house. Cookies sound good tt. Does she not like chocolate chips? Though I think the chips and and the sprinkles sound good. Glad you still have power Kar.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

GD doesn't like chocolate in any form.  Her brother doesn't like sprinkles!  haha  Reminds me to check and make sure out of the 20 or so jars of various colors/shapes, that there are some green!

Today's the big day for P.T., huh, Winter?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Thanks...right now it's almost all hacking cough so I'm drinking a lot of fluids (a challenge for me) to keep it loose.  It's not at the expectorant stage yet so no onion syrup.  I'm also taking immunity boosting "cold" supplements from my aunt that we keep on hand.  They worked well for DH and kept my cold from getting worse in PA.  It only got terrible when I got home and didn't have any.  

I know what you mean about sliding down and curling up.  That's what I'd do with the new neck pillows I tried (and hated) when I was trying to keep mornings from being hell on earth from the vertigo.  Lotta good they did on the floor, lol.

Winter, two more days until your appt...I hope you get a solution that brings quick relief.  Maybe a cortisone shot?  Those can do wonders I've heard and be a one time thing that forces the inflammation down.  Not that your doc needs suggestions, of course. :)

ETA:  oh, yeah, I have to keep totally quiet (also a challenge for me, lol) - if I make a sound I cough for an hour.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

How about a spoonful of honey every few hours?  It's soothing.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

and tasty!  Good idea :)

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

I like honey in my tea and on my oatmeal.  But, something to keep in mind:

There are 64 calories in 1 tablespoon of Honey. Calorie breakdown: 0% fat, 100% carbs, 0% protein.

They make prescription cough medicine specifically for the symptoms described in a previous post. No one should have to suffer.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from shakersilly2010. Show shakersilly2010's posts

Good morning all, So glad the snow decided not to visit!!  It's friend cold took its place....

Mr DH was released from the wound center, just has to moisturize his legs and go on the pump machine twice a day.....Dr. will see him in three weeks.  It's hard to get him to do what he has to, he thinks since he's not going to the Center he's all done.  He's hiding things again, this time its spray bottles!!  We have three, DD uses one for her hair, I use one for my plants and the other is just a spare.  Can't find any of them!!   Course he says he didn't take them, I've looked everywhere.....one of his favorite places to hide things is in the garage, but its too darn cold for me to go out there to look.....

No luck at Foxwoods, but I do enjoy the company of the ladies on the bus....it was really too much for me with the cold and my breathing....think I'll stay home till the much warmer weather gets here.  Have another cold, darn it, DD#3 is going to the store for me to get some Coriciden,  maybe I'll have her get me another spray bottle, my plants want a all over drink!!

Till next time, take care all and Keep Smiling, ss

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

SS, what a remarkable recovery for DH's legs - I only have my grandmother's case as a reference, but it seemed she had a much longer seige.  I hope the moisturizing and boots keep things under control.  Odd about the spray bottle hiding, but I suppose nothing surprises you anymore.  You are a trouper.  Too bad about the cold...I know how you feel.  :(

Sections
Shortcuts