March 2014

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Re: March 2014

I'm not a fan of corned beef myself, but I love the veggies. My mom used to make smoked shoulder for us. I'll be headed out soon. I've had trouble posting today, that's why I haven't really been on. I did read about Pingo's nephew, and what a sad situtation. Hope it can be resolved peacefully for everyone. I'll be more than happy to sample your cookies tt.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Go back and reread your post to Cheerio - believe me, I did not want the banana bread for a "snake" today!  LOL

P.S.  cookies are all divided and bagged - pumpkin and his bro, and GD who usually helps me, and a few for me!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Hi, ladies!

Happy St. Paddy's Day, everyone, and anniversary, Mr. and Mrs. Icer!

Pingo, I'm sorry the family meeting didn't get to a viable solution.  Sis sounds like the problem every family seems to have one of.  I hope mom makes peace with a reasonable arrangement soon for everyone's sake.

sounds like a great day, tt - I'd ask for a cookie, but SIL left too many cupcakes as it is. :)

well, our power luck has run out.  DH came home early and is hooking up the generator.  Here we go, again!  Happily, we still have power in the kitchen like last time so obviously I have the cable and such plugged in there, now.  Thank God we got through the party and its cleanup first.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

What a strange situation with the power, Kar, but at least you got a week or so farther down the road to the ground thawing. 

I was happy today to see that my amaryllis plants have finally awakened and are putting forth new life.  My Christmas cactus are going to bloom again too.  The rosemary looks to have completely recovered from the mildew and I've fertilized everything!  I bought some daffodils from MB today so the house looks like spring in spite of the horrid cold.  I guess the end is in sight, though!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Hats, it wasn't that cold today, do you think?  When I ran out I was amazed (noonish) how nice it was.

Nice your plants are getting in the blooming stage again.  I'm pleased with my orchid, and did I mention that it has an aroma?  My shamrock plant is trying to die down to rest, I think, and my violets are almost all green now, but my kalanchoe (3) that I brought in from planting I had done outside, altho tall and leggy, have been blooming right along.  I don't want to chance pinching them back, so let them go to it.  And, of course my beautiful new cyclamen has a place of honor on the kitchen table.  Altho they get no sun there, all the cyclamens I have had seem to like that spot in front of the window.

Had my faux corned beef dinner.  Not anywhere as good as a piece cooked in the pot, but hey, for one meal, it served the purpose.  Letting that all settle before I go for a hot cross bun.  Shouldn't, I know, but my mouth wants one.

Out tomorrow with the hopes of meeting up with pumpkin and fam.  Sometimes we cross paths, sometimes we don't.

Did I mention I tossed that wedge pillow to the wind?  Gawd, that thing was uncomfortable to sleep on.  I've gone back to a rolled up blanket with a couple of pillows on top and oh, my back says "thank you" every morning.

OK, think I have room for a bun and a glass of milk.  Then I'm done eating for the night.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from princess-cal. Show princess-cal's posts

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TT!  Hope you have the wonderful day that you so deserve and get to meet up with Pumpkin & fam. 

Pingo - such a hard situation with the family member.  I absolutly ADORE my MIL.  Her in-law apt in our house is completely separate, but even with that there can be some very trying times to say the least.  I couldn't imagine if it were with someone difficult.  I am lucky in that my MIL is truly one of the most caring, loving, and wonderful people I have ever met and it's hard. 

Bella is getting along wonderful.  Such a sweet little pup!  Think it's time to update my Avatar! 

Glad you have the generater to fall back on Kar!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

The birthday of TT’s

A special day to me,

Pingo, Kar and Winter,

And all the other Chatters.

And so we’re wishing you,

A year of peace and plenty,

Of books and crafts and baking,

And holidays and family.

Cats and birds and grandkids

On whom you lavish caring

Can not always tell you

How much your giving means.

That job is left to us,

Denizens of Chatland

Whose daily tasks you lighten

With sympathy and comment.

And when you’re on the phone

With singing kids and grandkids

Imagine we are chiming in

With “Happy Birthday, dear TT,

Happy Birthday to you!”

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from shakersilly2010. Show shakersilly2010's posts

Happy 
    Birthday tt, Hope you have a terrific day. ss

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from allreadymarried. Show allreadymarried's posts

I think is has been very cold out including yesterday.

I am really looking forward to summer and not freezing the whole time.  I don't think the snow at my house will melt till mid-summer.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

HAPPY BURTHDAY TT. Hope you have a wonderful day. Sorry about wanthing the banana bread as a snake...lol. I meant snack. :) Hope you get to meet up with pumpkin and his family. Our yard and pool cover are cleared of snow. We have a few piles near the driveway and in the back yard though.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

Yes, Allready, it was cold yesterday - I was quite miserable inside the house - but they tell us it will warm up after today.

I have noticed, looking into my wood lot, that all the trees now have rings of clear space around them.  That's suppposed to be a sure sign of spring - the longer hours of sunlight, and the strength of the light reflecting off the trunks melts the snow.  The places where we piled snow when shoveling are still covered, but I noticed a inch of daffodil spears coming up next to the house!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Happy birthday, tt!!!

hats, great poem, love it.

Prin, so happy to hear Bella is doing great!

thanks for the well wishes re the power and joy of having a generator.  I showered as soon as DH left and now it's off.  I've drawn some water and hopefully that will get me through the day for tasks (we have bottled water to drink).  Worse comes to worst I can turn the generator on.

DH loves the head massager and got some other really nice gifts at the party, things that only people who know him well would think of.  

I might take a nap...I'm on fumes.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Good morning,

Thank you all for the birthday wishes.  Hats, love the poem.  Copied and sent to G.T., he'll enjoy it.  I appreciate your putting one together for my special day, I know from experience, it isn't always an easy thing to do.

I've been on the phone since early morning, sitting here now eating a hot cross bun and a cup of hot water, trying to get around to be out by 10:00.  Already have an email from pumpkin's mom that he has a doctor's appt. so our paths won't cross today.  Another call from my youngest last night and he is taking me out to lunch.  I'll send the cookies home with him - they won't go begging.

Princess, is your avatar your new pup?  I pictured a little bundle of fur - lol

I have to get dressed and get things ready to go.  Thank you all again.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Icer what a great poem.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I pictured a smaller, puffier pup, too, tt!  Have fun at lunch - let us know where you went and all about it.

Gracie seems to be enjoying the sun; I think her fur does a good job of soaking in the heat and keeping her warm at this time of year even when it's really cold out.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Icer? No, Hats wrote the great poem.

In response to Winter2011Bride's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Icer what a great poem.

[/QUOTE]

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good morning andd happy birthday to my chat friend, tt. Hope you will have a wonderful day. It is still cold out, but at least the sun is out. Nice of your son to take you to lunch. Let us know, where you went. Too bad you won't meet up with the pumpkin family.

Such a cute puppy, that Bella. Glad to hear, she is doing so well.

We finally got to see some of our lawn yesterday. And yes, Hats, there are rings around the tree trunks. This is the longest winter, I can ever remember. Great job with your Amaryllis. And your Rosemary too. I had to throw mine out. I had one for 7 years before this one. I took it outside on our deck every summer. But one fall day we suddenly got unexpected frost, and that took care of my Rosemary.

Sorry to hear your power is gone again, Kar. "I am on fumes---" - watch out for CO. Yes, it is cold out, but you still have to open the windows and air out the house.  But I am sure you know that.

The mechanic called last night, that DH's rim is in, so he took his car this morning to get it installed, and I finally got my car back. Boy, how I missed it. Getting ready to run up to Costco, then to work.

Have a good day everyone.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

My apologies to you hats. You wrote a great poem for tt.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

Happy Birthday TT..

.Thanks for remembering our anniversary

For me the best part of our parade on Sunday (you were missed SS) was zachary....The kids were playing tag while waiting for the parade to start...our neghborhood kids are very kind and invited young Zack to play...his glove fell off and when his Mother tried to put it back on he said.."I am playing with the Children!" Kind like leave me alone...They do grow up fast

I got a lot of work to do so I am going to book out of here...Hope u all stay warm!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

In response to Winter2011Bride's comment:
    [QUOTE]

My apologies to you hats. You wrote a great poem for tt.

[/QUOTE]

No apology necesssary Winter, , it's hard to keep things straight esp. when one is distracted by trifles like work! 

Glad you are getting bday phone calls, TT, and hope you enjoy your lunch.  Busy day for me today so don't expect to hear from me...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from shakersilly2010. Show shakersilly2010's posts

Pingo, In my family there was a member who could not live with anyone, she was very hard to get along with, everyone tried, she was very adament about going to a facility, it came down to that there was no ifs and or buts, she had to go.  She was very upset, after about 3 weeks she was brought home for a weekend visit.....would you believe she couldn't wait to get "home", it was too noisy where she was visiting.....we all can't have what we want, we have to make ouselves happy with what we have and can have....ss

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Thanks, Pingo, indeed, we do air out, and did last night, actually, when I accidently got the house to 72 (hot for us) right before we went to bed.  ("Running on fumes," is a saying that means I'm exhausted, as in running on the fumes left in an empty gas tank.)

icer, Zach with a glove?  Seems like he was just born!

No grass showing here; we still have a foot of snow.  Well, we see grass where DH cleared a path with the snowblower, but that's it.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Kar, thanks for the explanation. I misunderstood it. Thought you were running on fumes from the generator. LOL

That is so cute with Zack not wanting to give up playing time for just a minute. He must have been in his glory playing with the older kids.

I got all ready - bundled up and all - to leave. Sat the alarm, opened my door to the garage --- and no car. I don't know, why DH took my car, w/o even telling me. he was supposed to get the new rim put on. Argh!

Well instead, to get off some of steam, I did 3 loads of laundry.

Just had of salad with left over chicken from last night. I know, you all have a favorite way to bake your chicken breasts. But the ones I made last night was truly amazing. I baked it at high temperature for a short time (450 for 10, turn, and another 10 minutes until 165 degrees). It was very, very moist. And I sprinkled it generously with TJ's "21 Seasoning Salute". It is a blend of lots of herbs and spices. Not hot - just very tasty.

DH just called. He is on his way home to pick up his car and return mine.  Hopefully I will be on my wheels again.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

LOL, that's what I figured, my friend.  Rest assured we run the generator outside. :)

Your chicken sounds delicious.  I LOVE that seasoning blend and use it all the time.  It's really great in soup...boosts the flavor complexity for no work. ETA: I roast poultry on high at first then turn down, as well.  I roasted my turkeys according to the Williams Sonoma time/temp/poundage chart which starts them at 425 and finishes at 325.

Weird your DH took your car.  Sounds like a boon for the laundry situation, though, lol.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Delicious lunch at Victor's on Route 1 (next to the miniature golf).  I love their chicken parm, but don't dare eat tomato sauce, so opted for the Chicken, broccoli and ziti. Scrumptious.  My son ordered one of those dishes of tomatoes and mozzarella appetizer to go with our meals, and that was good too.  I scooped some of the mozzarella slices.  Just finished off the last of the birthday cake G.T. had made, I've been eating it layer by layer!

Checked answering machine to find:  "Happy birthday - - to you - - dear Nana - -" sung by pumpkin.  It's been a lovely day with calls and cards - AND - a poem!

Sections
Shortcuts