March Chat 2010

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

March Chat 2010

Snowing here this morning...March in like a lion out like a lamb?  Let's hope so!

Blessings to all and on all our conversation this month. :)

~kar

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Re: March Chat 2010

Good morning,

Sun is trying to come out here, slushy snow on windshield and road looks a little slushy.  I think by afternoon it will have cleared up, just a light rain now.

Mothermitzi, you've been conspicuously absent, are you OK?  Hope it's because you're either really busy at work or have had a lot of fun functions to go to.  What's your take on this Forum article?  We've sent Icer into the trenches!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good morning all and Happy March!

Hope you are right Kar, I am kind of tired of this on and off weather. This morning we had an inch or two of snow covering everything (no sun - not even trying to, tt), but it is all gone by now. I am sure the roads are a mess.
    Yesterday, I opened a cook book, I haven't used in ages. Out fell an old Chat clipping.  tt, do you remember Madelaine's Mom? Well this was about washing windows. I am sure you girls' windows must look like mine do right now. Needs a good spring wash.
    Well, Madelaine's Mom washes hers in warm water with Murphy's Oil Soap. Then uses a window scraper to wipe the dirt off (cleaning the scraper in btw. scrapes with a towel). After that she washes them again with a clean sponge with hot water mixed with white vinegar and JET DRY, the stuff you use for dishwashers - then use a second clean scraper to wipe that off. Guarantied no streaks.
    No, I am not coming to do yours - I have enough in my own. But I thought the Jet Dry was a great idea. Just passing it on.
    tt, you mentioned mothermitzy. Hopefully everyting is well with her and her family. I am also kind of worried about Ken. We haven't heard from him in a very long time. I skipped quickly through some of the other threads, but haven't seen him there either. Just hope all is well.
    Chat later - Pingo

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Good morning, Pingo

It's been a l-o-n-g time since I did the outside windows, but used to use vinegar and water, wiped down with newspaper.  Messy if you don't wear rubber gloves, but sparkling windows.  The last time I did them I just used my sponge mop with the vinegar and water and hosed them to air dry.  Funny, I was thinking of checking to see how much it would cost to have someone come and do them - probably more than I'm willing to pay. - I don't remember M.Mom, surprised they had jet dry at the time of her posting.  I think of the times I wrote to the paper C.C. as eons ago.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mothermitzi. Show mothermitzi's posts

Happy March Everybody -

My internet was out all weekend. A large tree went over at the end of my street during the storm last week. I got my lights back Friday night but no land line or internet.  I'm hoping it's on when I get home tonight.  I probably could have used my iphone, but I hate typing on it.  I'm all thumbs! With today being the first of the month, it's nuts at the office. This is the first chance I had to go online.

tt, my grandmother cleaned her windows with a vinegar/water solution and newspapers, too.  I used to have trouble cleaning my old windows but use Windex and paper towels on the new ones and they look great.

I'm not interested in being interviewed.  It's important to me to be as anonymous as possible and everybody already knows where I live, which was my doing.  However, my nom doesn't resemble my real name in any way. I feel I've already let too much out of the bag.  Besides, I've been interviewed before for items I posted and they were never published.    

Spent a quiet weekend getting caught up.  I went to dinner with my father Friday night to escape the darkness around my neighborhood.  It was a relief to come home and have the lights on.  No walks and no treadmill.  My diet is getting back to normal though.

mothermitzi 

P.S.  Don't know if it's wishful thinking but there is a feel of spring in the air today.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

So good to see your post, when I got up, Mothermitzi.  Had popped a lemon bread in the oven and laid down for a little 15 minute catnap.

Not just your wishful thinking, when I went out mid morning, there were green shoots poking up in the garden out front, iris, if I remember correctly what's planted there.  Looked too sturdy for the grape hyacinths.  Are you planning on going to the Flower Show?  G.T. emailed me this morning confirming.

I'm waiting until Icer reports back, to decide about the interview.  Seeing as they're taking interviews from the whole Forums page, I doubt more than a sentence or two would be quoted from each of us anyway.  Then too, depending on what questions were asked, I might get myself into trouble as I did before, stating my opinion about relationships.  I just felt I've been connected so long  that it might be interesting to non-Chat readers.  Perhaps not.  Like you, I've let more than I intended slip in the pages about my whereabouts, and I really want to stay anonymous from everyone.  It's better that way.

Have a wake to go to, so will clean up the kitchen a bit and get my spiritual bouquet written out.  Keep in touch.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

I noticed two inches of daffodil spears this morning.

Yes Pingo, Ken is indeed among the missing.  Hope Arizona's gift from Arlington MA is ok!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

tt, just came back from MB. I have to say, the timing was just right. A Monday after a crowded weekend - and around noon, will give me plenty of parking and plenty of room to shop.
    I know, their prices are not to be beat - and I came away with a lot of savings. However, I did have to go to S & S next door afterwards. A few items I needed, MB didn't carry. No big deal!
    mothermitzy, I am glad you are well. I was actually thinking the same - maybe mm's internet is down.
    The sun has left my large slider, so after I leave you, I will clean it as Madelaine's Mom suggested - using the rinsing aid. Will let you know, how it works out.
    Hope you all will have a great evening and that you will get your IT back mm.
    Happy evening - Pingo

ps. I noticed, not Spring Bulbs peeking up in my yard, but a lot of fallen down branches. Need to go and clean it up. But my tomato and pepper seeds are doing very well in my homemade green houses in my kitchen. Yeah! Spring and Summer is definitely on it's way. And then again, we will complain about the heat.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

I did not hear anythin from the globe...Just an update,

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Interesting that you had no word, Icer.  Perhaps he's not in today or on assignment.  No rush for us to decide then.

Hats, I think Ken may have gotten offended when Pingo and I very strongly disagreed with him on the last issue he brought up.  I would hope not, we are a board of opinions afterall, but it's possible.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

I see Dottie has posted a reply to pingo, I thought I should mention that after a bit of turmoil here with the internet and weather issues I discovered that e-mail error was on my end.

The only thing is that I had already called and left a message so I did not want to e-mail also.

I had a dentist appointment today. Man oh manachevitz Do I hate the dentist.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

What did you have to have done at the dentist, Icer?  I go for a cleaning every 4 months and hold my breath each time I go and they start poking around the gumline.  Next week I have my next appointment.

The phone call should surfice.  Yes, I did see Dottie's reply to Pingo.  I'm getting cooler and cooler about the whole thing.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Ha, am I the only one, that didn't see it? Will check around.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

In Response to Re: March Chat 2010:
    What did you have to have done at the dentist, Icer?  I go for a cleaning every 4 months and hold my breath each time I go and they start poking around the gumline.  Next week I have my next appointment. The phone call should surfice.  Yes, I did see Dottie's reply to Pingo.  I'm getting cooler and cooler about the whole thing.
    Posted by toytrumpet

My appointment was a cleaning.I used to go every 4 months but after today, I am not so sure.

The denist just did a filling two months ago, it doesn't bother me but today she thinks I need to have a crown on it for $1,300.00. I don't think so. I doesn't hurt so why is it that the 400.00 filling isn't working? Its working for me.

I feel bad for my hygenist, she said her appointments are getting cancelled left and right, I know why

About the BDC thing,,I think that correspondants and collumnists have a tendancy to work weekends so Monday might be a day off for those folks

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Icer, about dentists - please don't get me started.
    I and my intire family has been going to the same dentist for years. A good friend of ours, I was so comfortable with. He did top notch work and would never do unecessary work. Now he is retired and his two sons has taken over.
    After they took over, all sorts of things were put on our bills. Like a fee for mask and gloves for their protection. Would that not be part of doing business??? Then they started to charge us $40 for the dentist to come for like 2 minutes to check our teeths after the hygenist cleaned them. Then they suggested that hubby, who had no cavities and beautiful teeth and gums to come for a cleaning every 3 months instead of evey 6.
    I had a bridge put in years ago. To me it is fine - I have no problems with it. Now they want to change it and do implants - "just to be safe". No, I don't think so.
    I was so angry with them, I cancelled my last 6 months appointment with them. Before, when I missed my appointment, I could not get another one for at least 3 - 4 months. Now they call me every 2 weeks to tell me I am way over due for a cleaning, and they just has a cancellation. I keep telling them that I will call them, when I am ready. But they still keep calling. Argh!
    Granted, they have updated their offices, got new equipment, new computer system etc. Guess someone has to pay for it. Guess who?
    Sorry for the vent. Hope you have a nice day - Pingo

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

You're definitely being taken advantage of, Pingo. They're out to make money at the expense of your mouth.  Find a new dentist.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

I know tt, but I am not letting them. I am indeed seriously thinking of switching. Mr. P already did. (To the young dentist, who lease space from us - easy parking and no waste of time commuting. LOL). Mr. P's mouth is easy, mine is not. Beside, I don't feel comfortable being treated by one of my tenants - Pingo

You're definitely being taken advantage of, Pingo. They're out to make money at the expense of your mouth.  Find a new dentist.
    Posted by toytrumpet

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

tt, I forgot to tell you yesterday - that MB has beautiful grapefruits. 2 for $1.00 - P

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

I think I will be looking for a new dentist. In the past 3 months I have  had a cleaning 85.00 a 5 min breeze through with herthe dentist) 50.00 There was a (bruise) that has always been in my mouth that needed to be biopsied 400.00 to the doctor 200.00 to the lab...result :nothing unusual. one filling 400.00 and yesterday 85.00 cleaning 50.oo 5 minute breeze through

That is over 1,200.00 and now she "doesn't like that filling she just put it" and claims I need to spend another 1,300.00. It is not happening. Does she think I am so nutsy that I can't add this up?

Now who is ranting?, me. sorry

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I think it's the "thing" now for the dentists just out of dental school to push for all the latest procedures - I left the dentist I was having an implant with mid-procedure because I was not happy with him.  Risky, but I called a firm who did implants and asked for a referral to a dentist in their town and have been very happy with him.  Of course, a young colleague has joined him in the last couple of years, so I know, much as I hate to think about it, retirement is in the back of his mind.

On another note - Cheerio was hunkered down with tail twitching at the kitchen window a few minutes ago - sitting on the fence beneath my feeder was a hawk!  He was ready to hang around until he got his breakfast, jumping to the birdbath and then to the foot of a nearby fir where I know the sparrows roost.  Slammed the door and scared him away, he really had them trapped there, if they attempted to get away from him by leaving the shrub, he surely would have gotten them.  What would these birds, turtles, chipmunks, rabbits do without me?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I think I will be looking for a new dentist. In the past 3 months I have  had a cleaning 85.00 a 5 min breeze through with herthe dentist) 50.00 There was a (bruise) that has always been in my mouth that needed to be biopsied 400.00 to the doctor 200.00 to the lab...result :nothing unusual. one filling 400.00 and yesterday 85.00 cleaning 50.oo 5 minute breeze through That is over 1,200.00 and now she "doesn't like that filling she just put it" and claims I need to spend another 1,300.00. It is not happening. Does she think I am so nutsy that I can't add this up? Now who is ranting?, me. sorry
    Posted by icer

Just for a comparison, Icer, I checked the cost of my last cleaning - $102, and that was with the discount for paying that day.  No extra fee tacked on for dentist check.  Biopsy certainly is a necessity in your case, but $400 does seem excessive.  I have face biopsies and they aren't that expensive.  Filling cost seems excessive too.  It's been a long time since I had a filling, so can't compare that.  These younger dentists have an eye on paying their student loans or the new equipment.  I did notice my dentist's fees increased after they put new x-ray machines in - of course.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

Thanks for the empathy TT. My Dentist is my same age

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Oh tt, you are such a good friend to the animals. Glad you could scare the hawk away. I have frequently seen 2 hawks circling around our and our neighbor's property. Maybe that's why the birds have left us. the bird feeder may not be such a good idea after all. Like Icer said - I don't want to clean up feathers. Hmm---
    - Pingo

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

It's all part of the food chain.

Thanks for the heads up about the grapefruit, but I can't remember the last time I drove to M.B.  Seems I've gotten very lazy and just head up to S&S.  Then too, their 10% off total bill is not to be sneezed at, and I double my coupons there.

My oldest son's birthday is today.  When I called him and said, "Hate to see you getting up there,"  he said "Not as much as I do", to which I replied, "Oh yes, I do.  Now I'm the mother of a -- yr old!"

Any word yet, Icer?  I'm an impatient soul when it comes to waiting for someone to show up or call.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

----I did notice my dentist's fees increased after they put new x-ray machines in - of course.----

How right you are tt. And they want to keep taking x-rays every time you go there, which is not even good for you. I have stopped that a long time ago. I just tell them I don't want them - they are not happy, but they comply. Now I only allow them to do it every year and a half. (I am sure, they must think I am an old b*tch) And guess what? Nothing has changed. Usually my bill runs about $225 - with the cleaning, the x-rays, the doc check and the fee for gloves/mask.
    I have a bruise too, icer. Had it for at least 20 some years. They love to poke in it and suggesting a biopsy. I happened a long time ago, when I had a root canal done, so I see no reason for a biopsy. The Dad dentist knew, but these young sons are "worried". I am not, and I am not going to let them.
    - Pingo