March chat

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from tulips1954. Show tulips1954's posts

Re: March chat

Winter- love the picture of Yoda.
     I want cake , too. So whomever still has some--please deliver !
    Wht a beautiful day-and getting better daily all week. This winter  has really spoiled us. I hate to think it means a HOT HOT summer. Someone told me we will pay for the warm winter later. Killjoy!
    OMG--Has anyone read The Hunger Games?  DD left it loaded on the Kindle she gave me. I was waiting for DH to have test done at the hospital, and I finished my book, James Patterson Womens Murder Club, 10th anniversary.  So I started Hunger Game. DD had described it to me, but I figured no way would it interest me. I cannot put it down! She has book 2 on there, also, I believe there are 3 books in the series. We will see-it is totally fascinating, so far.  Going now to open it up again!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Tulips, is the book the same as the movie that just came out? I love readingt e . Will def buy it.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from tulips1954. Show tulips1954's posts

Amber- I was just shutting down and saw your question. Yes, there is a movie of it-either just came out, or is coming out...good night--going to read now !

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Good (early) morning!

After researching and getting the kindle for my FIL and hearing all your kindle adventures, I am thinking it's going to be on my Christmas list this year.  I didn't think I wanted one, but they do sound nifty.

ETA:  DH had to leave an hour early this morning and just pulled away.  Gracie is back in bed in her crate - she's serious about it being too early!  Mommy needs more coffee.  I think I'll make a concerted effort on the baby blanket today.  It's been shamefully neglected.  And, the bathrooms have been, too - ugh.  Oh, I got our refund of $200 for our bath towels from L. L. Bean that shredded after 2 years, so I'll be ordering replacements today I think from The Company Store.  They get great reviews and look nice.  What else?  Not sure...

Happy first day of Spring, everyone!!

~kar

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from princess-cal. Show princess-cal's posts

Happy Spring is right!  The longer days and nice weather have really been wonderful!Will be having Easter at my house this year with the in-laws.  Not sure what I'm going to make yet.  Not a fan of ham or lamb (sorry ladies), and I will have 4 hungry teenage boys to feed!  Will have to start browsing some recipies.  Love Food Network, so I think I will start there!Have a great day everyone!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Emeril's turkey brine is fabulous!  And, I'll have a review of Alton Brown's Corned Beef brine in about 10 days, too.  William-Sonoma sells pretty big, heavy duty turkey brining bags.  How is your health, prin?  It sounds like from your adventures and plans that you're doing better this year. :)

Gracie is not a morning dog.  I can hear her sound asleep in her crate for having gotten up too early!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Happy Spring!

Today's one of those days when I have to be out of the house by 9:30.  A busy week ahead, so may not be on the boards much, not to worry.

Cheerio will miss not being able to lay by the open slider today.  Yesterday I sat right outside it reading, and she snoozed half and half on the inside, purring away.

Princess, keep Easter easy on preparation for yourself.  You sound so good lately, you don't want to do yourself in with a lot of prep for your Easter dinner.  Too bad you're not a ham lover, it certainly is the easiest to prepare.  I myself am wrestling with the idea of providing a second meat too, since sometimes my son can be on his extra careful kick, and may pick Easter to decide he's not eating ham.  I'll see what the turkey breasts are going for and may pick up the smallest one I can find and roast that too.  Was going to shoot up to M.B. today and pick up olives, cranberry sauce and things like that ahead of time, but I don't think time is going to allow that today.

Got to get going and feed the cat the rest of her breakfast, and get my own started.  Have a nice day, I'll pop in at some point and catch up on your posts.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from allreadymarried. Show allreadymarried's posts

I have only been bothered my allergies a tiny bit the past few years.  Well starting last night and this morning my brain/head may explode!!

I received the Nook Tablet for xmas and LOVE it!  I didn't think I would and decided for a xmas gift why not as I wouldn't just go out and buy it for that money.  Well I am enjoying it very much.  I do "lend" library books on it and it works very well.  You do have a limited time to read and don't always know when the book will come in but still good.  I have my wish going and always have a few on hold.  Sometimes I have 2-3 books out and am scrambling to ready but all is well.  B&N also has free Nook books that you can download.  Some are good some are not.  But for free can't go wrong to fill time.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Good morning ladies,

A little chilly this morning, but hearing it is going to get warm.  Crazy for March, but I'll take it.  Getting up an hour earlier is tough in my opinion, even if you go to bed early.  Too funny about Gracie.  Amber doesn't like get up many mornings and looks at me like "really???"  Once she does her business and gets her treat, she is on the couch on her special pillow snoring away when I am leaving. Nice life.  : )  tt, have a fun day today and I will miss you.  Back to work and have a great day everyone!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

alreadymarried, my DD has allergies and she is suffering too.  Came very early this year.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Good morning everyone.  Tulips funny about the Hunger Games, my DH told me he wants to see the movie.  So I said let me read the book first, he replied you better hurry up it comes out Friday (3/23).  I started reading it last night and it's good. There are three books in the series.  

Kar, you will love a Kindle...I love the fact that it doesn't have the shiny screen (like a cell phone) that the others have so you can read it in direct sunlight.  I thought about asking for the Kindle Fire, but it has that shiny screen that I don't like.

tt, I can clearly picture Cheerio at the sliding door purring away. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good morning,
    Seems like everyone (except me) are up bright and early this morning. Must be b/c it's the first day of Spring. And what a Spring it is!
    I missed the Lemon Soup commotion yesterday. Took a peek at the recipe thread. They are still hashing it out over there. Now we can't even post a recipe, before they have to interfere. They both must have such an uninteresting life, keeping tab on what other posters put in their food - LOL. If they dislike us so much, why are they so concerned over our health? Btw. there is no MGS in the low salt stock and broth I buy at Costco. I checked. I mostly make my own, but have that in reserve. It has a long shelf life.
    I know most of you love your digital reading tablets. My friend insisted I borrow hers and that I would LOVE it. She was so wrong. Didn't like it at all. I love the feeling of holding the book in my hands, when I read. There will probably come a day, when books are a rarity. In the meantime, I will stick w/ them.
    I don't know yet, what we are doing for Easter. Last year DH's brother and wife were visiting, and we went out for brunch. May just do that again - the two of us. None of the boys will be here, and my SIL and her husband don't celebrate Easter. Have to make reservations soon though - or I will be eating ham at home.
    Haven't made it yet to the new Calareso's Farmstand. Hear it is very nice and that they have a few more vendors. Their Garden Center is growing every day I pass by. The problem is, it is the wrong direction for me, when I go home from my office. Besides, I am usually rushing home to make dinner.
    I am like Gracie and Amber. Mornings is not my cup of tea (which you probably have noticed). If I am woken up and get up too early, I am cranky all day. So dear DH let me sleep, until I wake up by myself. I am usually up by the time he leaves, and then goes the daily routine, "Where is my this and where is my that?"
    Enjoy the day! - Pingo

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Funny, that's exactly what I don't care for about books, holding them.  My hand gets tired and achy, and I can't find a comfortable position to hold it for hours at a time.  The stock I use doesn't have MSG, either, but whatever.  I'm cranky and sluggish all day for getting up too early, too.  Happily 6:00 is OK for me.  5:00 not so much.  Gracie has recovered and is outside enjoying the day.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I thought she was out there exploring...instead she's found the only meager shade in the front yard and is continuing her nap!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

That is a riot Kar!!! 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from lizinboston. Show lizinboston's posts

I wish I had Gracies life!!

Kar, about towels, I registered for the Hotel Collection from Macy's for my bridal shower. That was about two years ago and they are STILL soft, and holding up nicely. They wash really well and the softness has yet to go away! Just a suggestion ;) If you go to Macys.com and search for them, many brands come up, but we have the Macy's brand.

Macy's pima cotton sheets are also awesome, I think they are actually the Charter Club brand. They wash really nice, are super soft and hold their color very well. There is nothing I can't stand more than sheets that aren't soft and shred (what's the word for that?)

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from allreadymarried. Show allreadymarried's posts

I love being able to prop the Nook up.  You don't have to hold the book open which sometimes makes it easier to read:0

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

I agree holding the Kindle is so much easier than a book.  I love the fact that I can load many books on there. 

Pnigo, Colarusso's was nice.  We went Sunday.  They Flower Garden looks like it's going to be so big when it's filled up. 

ETA:  Kar, that's a great photo of Gracie. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

What a great photo of Gracie, Kar. Hilarious too. I think, she believes she is very skinny. Talking about skinny - do they fit yet? - Pingo

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

She cracks me up, too, ambergirl!

Liz, thanks for the tip on the towels.  Very nice!

I'm convinced I want a Kindle, but will wait until next Christmas.

Pingo, she thinks she's awesome.  And, I do believe she's down a few pounds as directed by the surgeon to protect the other hind leg from tearing like the first did.  I'll have to go to the vet for a weigh in.  And, as for me, hold on, I'll let you know in a minute.

ETA:  Hard to say.  There are women who would wear them if they fit like this, but I like my jeans on the looser side so I'd say not quite.  But, they zip up and they don't cut in at the waist.  After my annual purification program in July they'll be the way I want them.  I'm aiming to get there well before then since that's certainly an attainable goal, but that's my no fail backup plan.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Popped back home for a few minutes, and to get to read the last page it wants me to login.  We all know what that means, I won't be able to get in because they won't recognize my nom or password.  Hoping posting here will let it appear.  If you don't see me anymore, you'll know why - they don't know me!

Shut Chrome off and tried again and this time I'm in - let me quickly catch up on what's gone on this morning -

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Funny tt, I can't get in using IE which I always do at work.  Asking me to sign up. Huh?  And I can't remember my login or password anyway. It has been forever.  But I can get in on Chrome.  Bizarre.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Ok, I'm off again.  Have nothing to contribute about Nook or the other reading appliances, I'm a "hold the book in my hands" reader.  Have a nice afternoon.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Pingo, I answered your question in an "ETA" on the previous page. Thanks for asking!

tt so odd about the continued login troubles; I'd think BDC and their software host would have had it worked out by now.  Goodness.

Just put the brine on to cook to dissolve the salt (3/4 of the recipe amount) and brown sugar.  It smells far better than store bought corned beef, already.  10 days is going to go by really slowly!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

Helllloooooooo Ladies!!  And Happy Spring! I feel like I've been away from chat forever.  But I've been checking in here and there.  I'm sure there is so much I have missed.  Happy belated birthdays and anniversaries.  If condolences or prayers have been in order, please know my chat friends have been in my thoughts.  And my, oh my, what all the pets must have been up to!