March chat

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Re: March chat

I defifnitely will try one on when I go hunting.  Didn't seem pushy at all.

Cheerio is following me from room to room, waiting for me to settle so she can snuggle up to a warm body.  Thinking of baking cookies now, just not sure what kind.

Pouring out here now.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Oh, good...was concerned I came on too strong.  With my hip problem and bursitis in both shoulders, I get far too excited about it, lol.

Cheerio is adorable.  She'd be snuggled up with Gracie, I think, in front of the stove if she were here...yup, Gracie just said she'd share with her buddy.  That's a big deal; she usually isn't too keen on that idea much to Daddy's chagrin, but she remember's Cheerio's kind support during her surgery recovery and would reward her kindness.

What kind of cookies are we having?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

That vac of yours look really nice, Kar. I think I would be able to use it, but since DL (dear love) has been "adjusted" to do the vacuuming, it would be like kicking myself in you know what to get one. But it is definitely something to keep in mind, when we move someday. DH is not getting younger either.
    I am feeling much better now. I upped the heat several notches - and that was what I needed. DH got the bright idea to keep the thermostat on 66º. That is fine, when we both are at work - but this morning my nose was so frozen it really hurt, and I felt so lethargic, I didn't even feel like emptying my DW. Guess my body was using the energy to keep warm. LOL
    Just had a small bowl of TJ's Greek yogurt w/ my apple sauce to tie me over until 2, when DH will be coming home and ask for lunch. - Pingo

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I don't know what kind of cookies.  Was just scanning AllRecipes when your post came up.  Have no choc chips in the house, that would be my first choice today, have a can of condensed milk, but those magic bar type cookies are soooo sweet and rich.  Made Peanut butter a week ago.  Don't feel like chilling and rolling,  really have nothing good to add to a cooky batter - I do have a nice old raisin cookie recipe, but after just having raisins in the applesauce muffins, I don't know.  May fall back on that Betty Crocker choc cookie recipe I copied out a couple of months ago.  I'll have to give it some thought.

I haven't emptied my dishwasher yet, either, Pingo.  Pulled out a mug for my cup of coffee this morning, but that's about it.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Pingo, glad to put the vac bug in your ear, too, if you ever need to get one.  Oh, and 66 is far too cold for me, too, and I get that "hunker down" drive from being cold.  Glad you put it up and are feeling more alive.  Speaking of that, more wood is in order here, too.

I'm partial to plain ol' sugar cookies raw to a little underdone...hint, hint. ;)

Looks like the rain has stopped here. Maybe I'll go for our daily walk early today.  DH didn't take Gracie for their Saturday marathon since the weather was so inhospitable, and he's very busy downstairs, now.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

tt, how about your hermits? Yum! - Pingo

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Okay, so have narrowed the search down to:

- half moons
    - Raisin cookies (which btw is from "Raisins" from the old CC paper)
    - brownies
    - and possibly marmalade cookies from mm, altho I don't think there's a cup of marmalade left in the jar.

Decisions, decisions

ETA:  and of course, there's the Betty Crocker choc cookie recipe, which I'm leaning towards, because  then I can make some faux whoopie pies with some white frosting in the middle - done.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

icer, glad to know DIL is doing OK.  Too bad about the implications of tying the knot, though.  

tt, what a list!  You can't go wrong.  I'll be by late tonight to raid the place.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

The betty Crocker choc cookies were it.  They're quick and easy.  Got the recipe from AllRecipes if anyone is interested.  May fill them with frosting at some point, but right now just enjoying as is with a cold glass of milk.

And, the sun has come out!  Haven't seen the mailman yet today, I subscribed to a new home and garden magazine, seems like it was 6 weeks ago, and looking for the first issue each day.

Cheerio has given up on my settling down anywhere, just checked and she has crawled in under the comforter on my bed - with her head right on the pillows, of course!  I'll have to remember why I'm all stuffed up tonight, even after changing the pillow cases!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Bumping up!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Hello everyone, Just checking in before I head out. Housework is all done along with laundry. Waiting for DD to come. We are going to visit my niece and her mom. Been a while since the chemo really made her weak the last few months plus nobody wanted to risk getting her sick. She posted on Facebook she is feeling good today. So excited to see her and give her a long awaited hug : ) she is an amazing person and so strong. Love her to death and my thanks to God for at least a good day for her in this moment is immeasurable.. Cleared up here. tt, if you are making hermits the boys volunteered to open the door if Cheerio delivers them. They are such scamps! Kar, I def would have tried that vac when I had my house. I have a bad back. Luckily I only have an area rug in my living room so the vac I have is fine. Enjoy your day everyone!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

So nice that you get a chance to visit your niece today, Amber.  I'm sure she'll be glad to have company to talk and think about something else besides her health.  Have a nice visit.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Have a nice visit with your niece, Amber. I am sure she must be looking forward to it as much as you do. - pingo

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Just came back from an hour and half walk with Gracie.  Phew, did I get warm!  She doesn't slow down uphill, and I was far too bundled up for the temperature.  I had to peel off my hat, mittens, and coat!  We couldn't go through the woods, though, the MUD was up to my ankles.  Thank goodness for Gortex.

Choc chip cookies sound so good.  What a great day to bake.  I'll be making biscuits in a few minutes for strawberry shortcake with the last of our frozen berries from last Summer.

Ambergirl, hope you're having a wonderful visit.  As others have said, she will be thrilled to have you there to take her mind off how she's been feeling.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Hello everyone, I hope everyone had a good day! Visit with niece was short as she is still not 100% but so wonderful to get that hug. Prayers are still needed.. tt, the boys are not speaking to me because they expected dear Cheerio to come over. I told them she was busy! Argh... but going to feed them now, so all will be fine. Have a good night everyone..

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

So glad to read you found your niece better.  I'm sure just having you all drop in brightened her spirits.

Tell the boys Cheerio has been a slug today, first asleep under my comforter, and now on the top of the l.r. couch.

Hadn't heard from my son since they got back from vacation so gave him a call today.  They has a wonderful time, said it is not as expensive as everybody says, met people from NY who had young kids, and families spent a lot of time together. May stop over tomorrow to see the kids and pics, if it turns out they are going to be home.  Little Reese was beside herself when they got back and hasn't left one of their sides since.  Her other grandma and grampa took care of her, so she was well looked after.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Thank you tt : ) happy to see her but she has a long way ahead of her... Shih Tzu's are Very loyal dogs so I know Reese was so happy. I remember taking DD to NYC for her 18th birthday and leaving Amber with my sister. When we picked her up she wrapped her paws around my neck and wouldn't let me put her down. My sisters dogv loved Amber but she barely tolerated him : )

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Hopefully the next time you visit she will be that much better.

Shutting off computer for the night now.  Chat tomorrow.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

p.s. I told the boys but they are sulking.. sigh,,..

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Night tt and everyone. Shutting down too.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

I just visited the most amazing woman today. She is without a doubt the strongest person I know. I am proud to say that is my niece, my family. Most of you who have posted your garbage should be ashamed. Celebrate your life and live it well. Yes we are older, but we could be your mothers. I lost mine at 32. Would give my right arm to have her back. Please let us have this forum without drama. I promise you we have had 10 times more than you in our lifetimes. Just ask your parents. Peace?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Horsies. Show Horsies's posts

Just one last post here ...

Dad died from cancer; it took him swiftly. I was 26.

Mum had Alzheimer's; I watched her fade over 10 years, at the same time caring for small child without the assistance of her father. I was 47 when Mum passed. My DD only had seven years to know her grandmother.

Many in LL have lost parents and other near and dear ones in the past few years. I know of two CCers who have lost their husbands in the past few years. Sone of the Lovelies have endured difficult divorces. Two that I know of have struggled with cancer.

In no way, ever, would the Love Letter Lovelies make a so-called joke based on the sufferings of the CCers. We understand. We sympathize. We have walked in your shoes. It is very, very hard to watch a beloved suffer.

Please don't doubt the sincerity of the Love Letter Lovelies when they offer you healing thoughts (and they will). Please try to separate their levity and posts (and mine) from our concern for the well-being of strangers. Your niece was in my prayers, too, believe it or not (and continues to be).

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

In response to "Re: March chat":
    Just one last post here ... Dad died from cancer; it took him swiftly. I was 26. Mum had Alzheimer's; I watched her fade over 10 years, at the same time caring for small child without the assistance of her father. I was 47 when Mum passed. My DD only had seven years to know her grandmother. Many in LL have lost parents and other near and dear ones in the past few years. I know of two CCers who have lost their husbands in the past few years. Sone of the Lovelies have endured difficult divorces. Two that I know of have struggled with cancer. In no way, ever, would the Love Letter Lovelies make a so-called joke based on the sufferings of the CCers. We understand. We sympathize. We have walked in your shoes. It is very, very hard to watch a beloved suffer. Please don't doubt the sincerity of the Love Letter Lovelies when they offer you healing thoughts (and they will). Please try to separate their levity and posts (and mine) from our concern for the well-being of strangers. Your niece was in my prayers, too, believe it or not (and continues to be). Posted by Horsies
    I am so sorry to hear that... if you had come without the cavalry, we may have seen those posts. Ignore button was being used quickly.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from princess-cal. Show princess-cal's posts

Good morning. Amber I am so glad your niece is doing better, so strong.

Up and showered early today.  Lots to do, proposals for DH's business, shopping at BJs bills to pay, laundry to do, may go to an open house, and finally (hopefully) get it all done in time for the NASCAR race!

Hope everyone has a good day!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Good Sunday morning,

Hope you're able to sleep in this morning, Amber.  I'm sure your sleeplessness had a lot to do with your visit to your niece.  There for but the grace of God -

Globe delivery is here early this morning, so will enjoy it with my breakfast and then get a few things done before I stop over to my son's.  Planning out week for the beautiful weather promised.  Hope you all have a good day.

Sections
Shortcuts