March chat

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

Re: March chat

Honey will be tweaking our lastest project...but later today, we will attend the Speghetti dinner...5.00...just can't beat that

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

and of coarse, Amber, so very happy to hear of your neice

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good morning,
    Amber so glad you had a good visit w/ your niece. Yes, she is indeed a strong woman - my prayers will continue for her. Please tell her there are lots of people thinking of her.
    I want to apologize to you. By mistake I reported your good night post, and one can't go back and redo it. It wasn't meant for you, and you know that. I wanted to let you know, before you blame anyone else.
    Not much planed for today. DH already left for work. Will start my spareribs in my crockpot in a few minutes, so they will be ready for an early dinner. If it doesn't rain this afternoon, I might go out and do some "poking" as tt says. Otherwise, there is always something I can do here. Closets, drawers anyone?
    Have a good Sunday - Pingo

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mothermitzi. Show mothermitzi's posts

amber, glad to read you had  a visit with your niece. Even though it was short, I'm glad you got to see her and hug her.  That is the best medicine.  

I was out last night and am getting a slow start today.  On my second cuppa and the papers are spread out all around the lr.  Typical Sunday in my world. Going to get my father soon so we can skype with my son before dinner.  Haven't quite decided what that will be tonight.  Maybe we'll go out.

Have  a good day everybody.

mothermitzi   

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good morning mm,
    Souds like you have a great Sunday morning. I just ove those kind of mornings.
    Dinner tonight" How about Prince Pizza? DH like the Hot and Spicy Pizza; I like the Sausage and Mushroom one. Arthur's special - or No. 17 as it also is called - is also good. It has everything on it w/o the Jalopenos - Pingo

PS. Actually, Arthur put the Hot and Spicy on the menu for us. Didn't have it ages ago. So DH brought his own sliced Jalopenos and asked them to put it on the pizza before putting it in the oven. After several visits a new pizza was born.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from tulips1954. Show tulips1954's posts

Well. BDC decided after many many tries yesterday and today that it  finally liked me. That must be it--it may just be a moody thing, so sometimes it will take me, and other times not. Just on their whims......depending how it feels at that moment.
    Amber-so glad you had a nice visit with your niece. It means so much to have company when you are really sick--you also find out who yuor true friends are !
    I am sure she was thrilled to see you, have a hug, and a little visit-no matter how long it was. She is in my prayers-and her mother is , too.
    TT-hope you are having a nice visit with son and family.
    Doing laundry today- don't think I will go out. Got my hair done yesterday, came home, and DH had messed up his pills and was pretty confused. We have a simple system, but I think one of the new ones is wreaking havoc on him, so he got confused and too too many over a short period of time.  Keeping an eye on him today to see how he does. I am not happy today, and am trying not to take it out on him. I don't usually get like this. Trying to figure what to do for dinner- may just do sliders.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Good afternoon everyone.  I some trouble logging in yeterday so I finally gave up and here I am today.  Amber, so glad that your niece is doing better.  Looks like eveyone has had a good time so far this weeeknd.  tt, hope you are enjoying the time over our son's house today.  tulips, so sorry your husband had a mix up on his pills.  I hope he's feeling better today.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Obbieite. Show Obbieite's posts

I'm having a terrible time with this site today.  They don't recognize the password I've used for a couple of years.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from shakersilly2010. Show shakersilly2010's posts

In Response to Re: March chat:
    [QUOTE]Thank you tt : ) happy to see her but she has a long way ahead of her... Shih Tzu's are Very loyal dogs so I know Reese was so happy. I remember taking DD to NYC for her 18th birthday and leaving Amber with my sister. When we picked her up she wrapped her paws around my neck and wouldn't let me put her down. My sisters dogv loved Amber but she barely tolerated him : )
    Posted by ambergirl[/QUOTE]
    Amber, So sorry to hear about your niece, not really much anyone can do at a time like this, prayers are wonderful and DO help, other than that I usually keep the card stores and the post office real busy.  Will keep your niece in my prayers, keep smiling, it helps....ss

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Been offline most of the day, but Ambergirl, continued well wishes and prayers for your niece and her family from here, too.  It must be emotionally intense right now.

Made the biscuits for strawberry shortcake yesterday, and they came out great.  I have to recommend subbing vanilla liqueur for vanilla extract (if you use vanilla) in your whipped cream!  I use about a tablespoon per pint.  Would be absolutely divine on a chocolate dessert, especially.

Still on my downward weight trend.  For the first time, I'll have to ask my aunt what to expect with our annual 3 week purification program if I'm at my goal weight when we start.  It's not meant to be a weight loss program, but I tend to lose about 7 lbs on it.  Not a bad problem to have. :)

We walked again, today, and my thighs are feeling it.  The hills are steep, and Gracie doesn't seem to mind keeping her regular fast pace uphill, downhill, whatever.  So, since I'm attached to her at the wrist I'm dragged whether I want to stop and take a breather or not!  An hour and a half is a long time to push it, and it's really paying off.  I zipped up my "skinny jeans" this morning, although, I wouldn't quite call them wearable yet.  I like a little room, not skin tight.

Back to the dishes.  I let them pile up so now I have a mountain.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good evening.
    Just finished dinner and DH went back to work. The spareribs were great; with a twist. You know how big a fan I am of Sweet Baby Ray's. Something I always keep in my pantry. Or so I thought. Getting the ribs all ready in the pot w/ onions and all, I went to my pantry - no Sweet Baby Ray or BBQ sauce for that matter. So what is one to do? I went to the net and found a BBQ recipe - courtesy of allrecipes.com. It was great! All ingredients, one normally have in the house and w/o all the salt and preservatives (except for the Ketchup of course). The amount given was just right for 2 lbs. ribs. No more store bought for me. If anyone is interested, I will post it on the recipe thread.
    The apple sauce muffins were a big hit w/ DH this morning. Only I felt, they were a bit more dense than the muffins, I usually make. More like pound cake consistency - if that makes sense. But the taste was wonderful.
    Tulip, sorry to hear about your DH's confusion. Did you notify the doc? My friend's
    DH started to hallucinate after the doc changed his meds. It was scary. He is back to normal after he stopped them.
    Will go and check if there is anything worthwhile to watch on the box. Maybe I will just start on my Christmas present book instead. I rarely watch TV all by myself.
    You all have a good evening, what is left of it. See you tomorrow - Pingo

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mothermitzi. Show mothermitzi's posts

Hi pingo -

Glad you mentioned Prince Pizza today.  After we skyped with my son, we drove out and had a pizza.  It was very good.  We split a large.  One half plain for my father.  My half was topped with mushrooms and anchovies. I wish I could eat spicy toppings, but I can't.  My husband was used to spicy food and as much as I've tried, I could never tolerate the heat. I am the exception in the family.  My kids and grandkids are always trying new hot sauces.  Anyway, worth the trip. The only thing that could have made it better was if Soc's were open.  Love to stop there in the good weather for ice-cream after a trip to Kelly's. The only thing better, might have been strawberry shortcake!   

tulips, I'm sorry to hear about your husband's problem today.  My father is usually sharp as a tack.  The only time there's been a problem was due to his medication or dehydration. 

tt, this weekend, I was at Sur La Table in the Burlington Mall.  They have a rack with many cookie cutters.  So many different shapes, it would be hard to choose. All $1.00 each.  

The ignore button has been getting a workout this weekend.  

mothermitzi

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from princess-cal. Show princess-cal's posts

mm - how nice for you to be able to Skype with your son.  Hopefully it makes him seem closer to you.

Oooh - I LOVE spicy food.  Oh, and especially a good, spicy bloody mary, mmmm!

Back to the grind today.  Got all of our chores done yesterday and then enjoyed the race.  Trying to pick which ones we will go to this year.  I love that it's something that DH can enjoy together. 

Have a great day everyone!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Good morning,

Cheerio manned the computer yesterday while I was out and was hoping, I think, to see a pic or two of "the boys" or Yoda, seemed depressed when I came home and shut it off.  She's promised to stay awake today if there's any chance of pics.

I guess I misread the forecast - thought today might be a little chilly but then from here on in high temps.  Heard this morning that doesn't start until Wednesday.  Have the week planned out in any event.  Didn't get over to see the kids yesterday, but took a ride to NH with a friend to visit a chum of hers.  Nice ride and a nice day.

MM, I had to google Sur La Table, didn't know what it was - I seldom go to the Burlington Mall.  $1 a piece?  I'd have come home with a bagful, I'm afraid. Were they metal?  I prefer them over the plastic, find the cuts are sharper and the dough less apt to stick, even with flouring. Think I've mentioned before that I order mine from Little Fox - again, they have a huge assortment too.  Kind of expecting one from son's latest vacation - last year GD picked out one in the shape of a palm tree to tie on my present.

Obbieite, I still am not logged in according to BDC.  That notice is at the top of the page, and I cannot use the reply to post button, but so far I can post in the box.  I had the same result as you, when I logged in they did not recognize my email or password, and Lord knows I've been on the board for eons.  If you can get to the actual Forums page, see if it lets you click into the "Add your thoughts" box and reply, even without going through the login process.

My peace plant has thrown out 3 blossoms, one is starting to open this morning.  I'd given up on it being anything other than just a nice green plant.  The African violet that came from G.T.'s is in full blossom too, tho starting to fade.  I'm lucky that Cheerio has never bothered any of my plants, and there are plenty of floor ones she could get to.  I've always thought it had something to do with the Indoor kibble I give her, that's supposed to have some "greens" in it.

Have rambled on enough, but wanted to post before I get going.  Hope everyone had a nice week-end.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Good morning!

Sur la Table is one of my favorite shops.  They have style and quality, imo, for reasonable to great prices.  Good tip, mm.  

mm, regarding the spicy tolerance, did you know it's a matter of number of tastebuds?  Those who have the most tastebuds have the lowest tolerance for spicy food.  You're not weaker, you're literally more sensitive than your fewer-tastebudded family members.  You can actually taste everything more acutely than they can not just spicy things.

tt, glad you had a good time in NH with friends.  Yes, I'm trying to will the warm temps for earlier, too. ;)

Not much happening here.  The washer has mysteriously straightened itself out for now so until the next fault I'm going along like nothing is wrong.  Yes, I'd love a new top-loading agitator variety, but can't justify it if this one has righted itself for now and for who knows how long.  I have mixed emotions about this, lol.

Have a great week, everyone!

~kar

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Good morning everyone.  I've never been to Sur la Table, looks like I'll need to check it out. tt, glad you had such a nice time driving to NH.  mm, Soc opens up in late APpril I think.  

Yoda is very sorry he didn't post any pics for Cheerio yesterday, but here is one. He's not a fan of this one, but I think he looks cute. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Good morning ladies,

Thank you for your kind thoughts regarding DN.  It has been a rough road and an emotional roller coaster for me.  I talked to my friend in NY yesterday.  I haven't seen her since DD's 18th birthday.  She is on vacation next week and suggested I come and stay with her for the weekend.  If I can get Monday off, I think I may do that.  As long as DD can stay with the animals.  Would do me good and I love New York.  Pretty sure my manager will approve it.  Looking forward to the warm weather coming Wednesday. tt, tell Cheerio that is all my fault.  Here are the boys looking glum too.  Have a good day everyone.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Too cute Amber.  Yoda wants to meet them and Cheerio. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Wouldn't that be something Winter?  To have all of them meet?  It would be too cute beyond words : )

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

I'm sure Yoda would run away...lol.  But it would be very cute for sure.  Cheerio with all those boy cats. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Thank you, ladies.  Just peeked in the room and had to actually tilt the chair to make Cheerio slide off - she was glued to the screen and all the boys pictures!  Even tho Yoda doesn't like that shot of him, she wanted to know who the "young" fella was - -

I'm going to have to leave this page up on the screen while I'm busy upstairs, usually she's scratching at the door to be let up there with me.  That's a no no because I'm afraid she'll get into the eaves.  I have her entertainment all set for the day now, thanks to you both.

ETA:   She wants me to leave her portfolio out for her to scan through for one that shows her in a better, younger image.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

tt, you always make me smile : )  Love the way you write about Cheerio.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good morning,
    Feeding the birds this morning it was hard to believe it will be in the sixtieth on Thursday. What a roller coaster this winter has been.
    mm, glad you enjoyed Prince Pizza. I forgot about the anchovies. My DH and youngest son always want those. Me not so much. Interesting about the taste buds, Kar. Never thought of that.
    No excitement for today. Have my treatment this morning and then to the office.
    You all have a good day - Pingo

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Oh Kar, I forgot. Congrats getting into your skinny jeans. With your perseverance those last few inches will come off and you can comfortable wear them. - Pingo

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Just love the Sur la Table store. It is like a candy store for me. Kitchen gadgets galore. Not just junk, but good quality small useful gadgets. In Pittsburgh our son had an SLT store 5 minutes walking distance from his home. I spent many hours there. They had some great sales, which he was always on outlook for. Got several pieces of Le Cruiset cook ware and bake ware for a fraction of the retail price. And it was not seconds. They have an extensive catalog and a great website, which I have used many times. So you have to pay for shipping (unless they have a deal), but their sales prices cannot be beat even w/ the shipping.
    - Pingo