March chat

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from shakersilly2010. Show shakersilly2010's posts

Re: March chat

Good evening all, Looks like we'll be having some nice warmer weather this week, I can't wait.....I'll be working the polls all day tomorrow, long day, 6:30AM to close to 9:30PM, I really enjoy it, I LOVE to talk and boy do I ever on that day, you get a chance to see all your neighbors that you haven't seen since Sept/October. Made Beef Stew today so DH and DD won't have to cook any supper, should hit the spot for me too when I get home. Still have lots of get ready for my day, so till the next time, take care and keep smiling all. ss

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Obbieite. Show Obbieite's posts

I can post but I still can't log in.  I'm heading to Boston tomorrow so I'll try to logging on from my daughter's computer.   Doesn't make sense.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Lostgrouse, DH is half asleep and, as usual at this hour, is incoherent.  I totally forgot to ask him about the pre-bud treatment, sorry!  I'll get him in the morning when he can think straight. :)

SS, have fun at the polls!

Obbie, have fun in Boston.  I wonder how you can post w/out being logged in...maybe it's auto-logged you in?

G'night, all,
    ~kar

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Good morning,

I've been posting with the message "You must be logged in to contribute" for a couple of months now - on Chrome.  Yesterday I tried IE and was recognized, but after a bit, again as before, had problems with moving from one page to another with the IE.  I'm back to the Chrome - with the same message at the top of the page - but the only thing I seem to have lost is the ability to "Reply to Post" feature (the post you reply to appears in your answer).  

I'll be out most of the day today, so hope you all have a good day - sun's shining.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

What a strange set of bugs this forum has!  Inexplicable, but at least you guys can read and post so that's good.

Brrrrrr, what happened?!  I thought we'd cruise seemlessly right into Spring...no such luck.  I think I need another hot cuppa.

At long last I'll be getting my haircut today!  Yay!  I usually go every 6 weeks, but my stylist was on a long vacation, and it's been 8.  My hair is in my eyes, an unruly mess.  

Doesn't look like it's going to be warm enough to leave Gracie out unless it warms up dramatically in the next hour and a half...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Yes, I just heard the weather - only in the teens here right now.  I've another 2 hours before I head out, so hoping it moves up quickly.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

It was 5 here when we got up!

Oh, no, Lostgrouse, in the hustle out the door I forgot, again.  I'm sorry...have you been looking?  Ugh, so embarrassing.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Icer might be able to help you. Lostgrouse, they have quite an extensive garden each year - don't know about fruit trees, but I think she and her DH are quite knowledgeable about gardening in general.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

In Response to Re: March chat:
    [QUOTE]Hi guys, just popping in to ask a gardening question because I believe that some of you garden?  Anyone know when I should be using dormant oil on my fruit trees this year?  It's supposed to be before budbreak and not when the temp is supposed to drop below freezing again, but I'm afraid that budbreak might happen sooner than expected this year.  Any thoughts? Thanks!  Sorry, I'm really out of chat commission right now since it's tax season!
    Posted by Lostgrouse[/QUOTE]

I've emailed DH at work, and hopefully he'll have a second to write back.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Good morning ladies,

I too have the login to contribute. I noticed it last week when I wanted to change my signature.  But I can still post.  I am not going to try and login since chances are good reading everyone else, I won't get in.  Yet I don't have that on my Droid. But when I went to change my signature on my Droid, it wouldn't let me type. Such weird quirks. I am automatically logged in IE at work, so maybe I will try Chrome and see if that works.  Either way, I can't remember any of my login since it has been a couple of years.  It is very cold out. But tomorrow 50's and Thursday 60's. Nice to look forward to. Noticed when I got home last night my DN posted on Facebook she doesn't need surgery at this time.  So glad she gets a break and she is feeling better. I hope everyone stays warm and has a great day!

ss, how nice you work the polls.  I know I would enjoy talking to you : )

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Interesting... I am in Chrome and it has me logged in.  Whatever works I guess..

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Good morning everyone.  I can post from here no problem.  No luck on my iPhone though, it's a Flash issue so I can't post from it.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

I couldn't post for the longest time Winter from my Droid.  Not sure how it got fixed, through Verizon or Boston.com. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Ambergirl, hoping that's a great sign they feel she doesn't need surgery right away.  Maybe that means they are expecting a shrinkage of the remaning 17% is possible.

Made another cuppa and stoked the fire.  It's been going a couple of hours and it's still only 63 in here.  Gracie is outside as if it's warm.  Yesterday when I came home from TJs her fur was truly warm from the sun and she looked like she'd been sleeping on her bed against the front of the house despite it being 29 out.

SIL just called to see if I can add a ticket to Les Mis for one of her college aged daughters.  Of course, we won't be sitting together, but there are plenty of good seats left in the mezzanine and balcony.  Waiting for her to call back to see if her DD actually wants to come.  

mm, you said you were going to look up Joan Rivers; did you see she'll be in Boston for a number of dates this Spring?  I think there are still tix if you're intereseted.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Thanks Kar : )  I am keeping my fingers crossed.  63 is very cold.  I put my heat up last night to 70 and i havene't had to do that in a long time. My bedroom is the coldest room though.  I have 5 windows.  But just loving my heating bills this winter.   

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

No worries, now; I've got enough wood in there for a deep freeze.  It's crankin'!  By the time I have to leave it should be 67- 68 in here, the target.  Our bedroom is the coldest, too, by design.  It's on the first floor sharing a wall with the living room where the stove is, but DH insulated it super well so it's usually a few degrees cooler in there than the rest of the house.  Good for sleeping.  Any guests, though, get roasted out.  That room is at the top of the stairs, and not only does heat rise, of course, but the chimney radiates heat up there, too.  Our moms love it.  Our dads, not so much, LOL!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Kar, we see Les Mis on the 31st.  We've both seen it several times and we can't wait to go again.  We are center orchestra I believe.  

Happy to read the good news about your DN Amber.  Hope the remaining 17% goes away. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

We'll be there earlier this month - we've both seen it, too, but it's been 15 years, I think for me.  It's one of my favorite stories.  I wish DH had wanted to go, but he's never been exposed to theater and assumes it's all girly and boring.  Not so with Les Mis, but he couldn't be convinced.  Oh, well, he'll take care of Gracie and enjoy his evening, too.

I've got to get ready to leave for my haircut and maybe will stop at the mall for a few kitchen items on the way home.  Too cold to leave Gracie out, I think, but she'll be OK.  We don't need to crate her alone, anymore.  She never even thinks of going upstairs or doing anything "bad" - never found any evidence, anyway.  So, either she's good or she's very good at covering up having been bad, LOL!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Lostgrouse, DH got back to me, but unfortunately he can't help; he's never used dormant oil.  But, our trees look very nice and produce a lot of fruit (not the nut trees yet - they are too young).  So, it seems we don't need it.  We have a number of varieties of apples, peaches, walnuts, and filberts.  We had a cherry tree that died, but it got a blight.

Maybe icer and her Honey can answer better.  GL!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

Sorry LG...We don't know anything about fruit trees...We have one apple tree but we don't do anything with it...

I got some sad news today...The family that has run the St patty's day parade has experienced a loss...Mother of the wife passed this past saturday. So ...we will attend a wake this week. I will refer to the wike as "K"..."K" was very close to her Mother and is grieving so much...my heart breaks for her

SS...I look forward to seeing you at the polls...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good morning everyone,
    I am so surprised by all the trouble you girls have w/ BDC. I guess, I am permanently logged in. I have entered the Forums on my task bar on top, and that is all I have to click to get in. I tried yesterday to reply to a post, and that went fine as well. I am using Firefox btw.
    SS, have a fun day at the polls. Long day though. But you seem to enjoy it, and you are doing a very important job. I have always wondered though, why I don't have to show an ID - at least not in our town. Our two sons have moved away, but are still on the lists, it would be easy enough for DH to go 3 times to vote. All they ask for is your name and address. It will be exciting to see the outcome tonight.
    Good news, that your niece does not need surgery - hopefully the last 17% will go away too. Where is the tumor, if I may ask? Reminds me, I better make appointment for my mamo; I am due.
    We haven't seen Les Mis - think I will surprise DH and find some tix. I know you and everyone are raving about it.
    Saw Stieg Larson (The girl w/ the Diamond Tattoo) came out with a new book: The Girl, Who Kicked he Hornet's Nest. Have put in on my wish list.
    I too was surprised by the freezing temps this morning. Thought it was going to warm up. But I have not much planned for today except go to work, so I will just bundle up and stay warm inside.
    Kar, I almost forgot. I made your Quinoa Chili last night. It was awesome. I used my miracle pot, and it came out great. But it is really not worth to drag it out for just 2 min of cooking. I had 1/2 lbs. of ground beef, I wanted to use - so I browned that (in the pot) with a chopped onion before I continued with your recipe. Will definitely make it again.
    Chat later - Pingo

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Sorry to hear that, Icer. Even though it is not a relative of yours, it seems your neighborhood is a very close knit family. My condolences.
    Does that mean, the St. Pat's parade will be cut down or out? It is only a few days away, and I am sure the family now will be busy with funeral arrangements and other arrangements, that follows, when someone in the family passes. It would be sad with all the work you and others have been putting in already.
    - Pingo

In Response to Re: March chat:
    [QUOTE]Sorry LG...We don't know anything about fruit trees...We have one apple tree but we don't do anything with it... I got some sad news today...The family that has run the St patty's day parade has experienced a loss...Mother of the wife passed this past saturday. So ...we will attend a wake this week. I will refer to the wike as "K"..."K" was very close to her Mother and is grieving so much...my heart breaks for her SS...I look forward to seeing you at the polls...
    Posted by icer[/QUOTE]

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Icer, very sorry to hear that bad news.... 
    She has numerous tumors Pingo.  She has had 3 surgeries already on her bowel, intestines, etc. It is not located in one place, which makes it difficult to treat.  But happy for the shrinkage, 83% is a lot considering.  Just keeping my prayers going.  I am always logged in too so I find it strange that it is now telling me to login (I don't) but I can still post.  Little quirks for us. Sounds like Firefox works the best at this point.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Busy day today.  Lunch is a ham, swiss and roastbeef sandwich with pickles that I made. 

Icer, sorry to hear about your friend.  

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

icer, sorry to hear about K's mom.  

Pingo, glad you enjoyed the chili!  And, I just checked ticketmaster, and there are a lot of seats left for the Boston Les Miserables shows for either $127 (balcony) or $147 (mezzanine).

I went out to "my" diner after getting my haircut and had a big bowl of pasta e fagioli.  

Have a few errands to run that I needed to come home first for.  Will be taking Gracie with me.  

By, again, for now,
    ~kar