March chat

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mothermitzi. Show mothermitzi's posts

Re: March chat

kar -

I googled her shows and it looks like she's appearing in Worcester and New Bedford.  Both shows are during the week, so that's out for me.  I wouldn't mind driving to Worcester but not during the week.  Doesn't look like she's appearing in Boston unless I missed something.

Boy, it was cold this morning.  Glad I had my hat in my bag.  Busy day today.  I have a new employee starting tomorrow and I'm trying to get organized.  I'll be tied up the rest of the week. 

I am able to post but I cannot reply directly to a post or access my profile.  It says I'm not logged in.  I guess I don't care as long as I can post here.

mothermitzi

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

mm, I have the same issue.  But I find I am logged in on Chrome if you want to try that?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

mm, we must be seeing her in Worcester - I didn't buy the tickets so that's why I've been hazy on the details.  Sorry no weekend dates!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Don't forgot to vote everyone!! I'm going when I get out of work. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

In Response to Re: March chat:
    [QUOTE]Don't forgot to vote everyone!! I'm going when I get out of work. 
    Posted by Winter2011Bride[/QUOTE]

I already voted and got a sticker.  Went to a cafe afterwards and the cashier said "We see a lot of those stickers, seems like every one in this town votes." Sad commentary, isn't it?

I am also using Firefox, but it does ask me to login after shutdown, the login does not work on the lefthand, but then I go over to the right, and that login works.  As you see, I can reply to posts.  Boston.com bought this software from The Well, which was one of the first proprietary bulletin boards back in the 80s - and I don't think their programmers are very good.  In fact, programmers these days generally are no good, not like the people from the old days, whose degrees were in science and math, rather in Computer Science.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I've got 2 chickens roasting stuffed with fresh herbs and quartered citrus and butter stuffed down into and rubbed on the skin.  Veggies are chopped oiled, salted, and peppered and waiting for their turn in the oven with the chix.  Potatoes will go in the toaster oven in 30 minutes....   Can't wait!  I wish I had more than 500 calories left for today.  I love the skin the best.  Darn...

I just bought a dress at a consignment shop for $10 to go to Boston in with SIL.  Must keep my eyes on the prize; it's a drapey, slinky material and form fitting.  The 3 ladies about my mom's age were in the shop and gave me the thumbs up.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

That sounds so yummy Kar.  I love roasted chicken and you are right, the skin is the best.  I know you will look gorgeous : )  Good meal and a new outfit after losing weight, what more could a girl want?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Sounds like a lovely dress Kar.  Maybe you can take a picture of it? Your dinner sounds good, btw. :) 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I'm so excited about the chicken AND the dress.  Good day. :)  OK, I'll see if I can get a shot of it...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

WOW!  Pretty dress.  Show DH and see if he now understands why one would want to go out in it....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Thanks!  I can't wait to show DH.  But, alas, he's not really into going out at night and definitely not going into Boston on purpose, LOL.  He'll like the dress, though.Embarassed

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Wow, Kar! That is a beautiful dress. $10.00? Just amazing. And you look great in it. Do you have something to wear over your shoulders? Like a stole or such. It is not going to be warm in mid March.
    You chicken sound delightful. We love roasted chicken. But Costco's rotisserie chicken is so good, it is as good as home made. So it is a long time since I actually have roasted my own whole bird. And for $4.99 - you can't beat the price. I always get two meals (roasted chicken and chicken pot pie) out of it plus a large chicken salad. Haven't had it in a while. Maybe I will pick one up Friday, when I have to go up that way anyway.
    DH called, while I was at the check register paying for shrimps I just had picked up for dinner tonight. He had a very late lunch w/ a client and would not need dinner. I rinsed them well when I got home and froze them. I am sure they will be fine as long as I don't keep them there forever. I just had a large salad w/ one hardboiled egg plus some tuna and a lot of other additions. Could hardly finish it all. Made a couple of bowls of sliced strawberries, we will have w/ whipped cream for dessert when DH gets home. 
    Enjoy what is left of the evening ladies - Pingo

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from tulips1954. Show tulips1954's posts

WOOHOOO Kar !!
    gorgeous! You dont need to loose any more weight--you have a perfect shape ! And for 10.00--wow--nice score !
    Pingo is right--do you have a pashmina -that would be nice!
    My late MIL had a woman's clothing consignment store- I got some beautiful things back in the day from her.
    I loooked at a rotsserie chicken today-shaws had them for 4.99-I think they are usually 6.99 there. So if Costco always has them for 4.99, that's a deal. They are so good. I do like to make my own, though, too. 
      DS made meatballs and sauce yesterday, so had leftovers. He did a great job-it was very good.
    Ashamed to say I did  not vote-I ALWAYS vote. DS and DH did-I just wanted 15 mins alone , so did not go.
    Icer- sorry about your friends mom. Prayers for her family.
    And Amber- continued prayers for your niece.
    Where is TT?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mothermitzi. Show mothermitzi's posts

The dress is lovely kar.  I was at Nordstrom's last weekend looking for a new dress.  Nothing under $200, never mind $10.  That's great.  I have a wedding coming up.  Same family as the wedding last fall, so I can't wear the same dress. I can wear the same shoes though.  Didn't find anything I liked right off the bat.  

Falling into bed.....

mothermitzi

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from princess-cal. Show princess-cal's posts

BEAUTIFUL Kar!  You look great!

Voted yesterday and the place was a ghost town - pretty sad.

Changing the clocks this weekend- whoo hoo!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

love the dress kar

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Wow, thanks, ladies!!!!  What a great way to start the day with all your compliments.  

I understand I don't actually need to lose my 3 - 5 lbs more, but the thing is the bulk of my clothes fit best at that weight since that's what I weighed when I bought them.  It's free to lose 5 lbs, but super expensive to replace all my clothes so there's the bottom line.  Thanks for the encouragement and support!

Speaking of cheap dresses, mm, I have bought quite a few formal dresses at consignment shops, one for my brother's black tie wedding in San Francisco.  I paid $40.  I'm SURE that dress cost $$$$ for whoever bought it first (and probably wore it once).  If you go to a shop in a ritzy town where people generally spend a LOT on clothes, the dress selection will be of that caliber, too.  If you start looking weekly, I bet you'll find something lovely for under $50 (maybe FAR under) for the wedding.

Pingo, I wish we had a Costco around here.  Our local yocal grocery store does rotisserie chickens, but they are brined to the point that they are inedible.  I've talked to them, but apparently DH and I are in the minority thinking they are disgustingly salty.  So, if we are to have roasted chix, I've got to do it.  No problem; I enjoyed myself yesterday.  Today, I'll be getting all the meat off and then making a stock for soup.

Supposed to be warm today - woo hoo!  Gracie and I will definitely be taking advantage since I took a 2 day break.

Enjoy the Springlike day, everyone, and thanks, again for all the kind words.

~kar

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Good morning,

First and foremost - Happy Birthday, Pingo!  Hope you have plans to celebrate, if not today, this week-end.  Best wishes for many, many more birthdays to come.

When I'm going to be out for most of the day, sometimes I shut the computer off, and then usually don't click it on at nighttime.  So, Kargiver, just got a look at that dress, and you in it!  Gorgeous, on both accounts!  What did DH think of it?

Icer, sorry to hear of your friend's mother.  That must be so hard for them, particularly at this time when they've been so involved in setting up the St. Paddy's Day parade celebration.  A sad time for everyone who knows them, I'm sure.

Amber, glad to hear your niece won't need any further surgery, at least for the present.  There's only so much the body and spirit can endure at one time.  Like all your other friends here on Chat, I'll keep her and her family in my prayers.

Today's another "gone for the day" time.  Friend is coming over around 10:00 and we'll be out.  Will have to check back a page after I post and see if I forgot to get back to any other posts from yesterday.  Hope you ladies who have to work today at least get a chance to get a walk in at noon.  Have a good one.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Oh, my, yes, it is March 7th.  Happy Birthday, Pingo!!  What are your plans?  Oh, you've got a lovely day to celebrate...just perfect.

Thanks, tt!!  I am glowing from all your comments.  You know I've worked hard since Christmas - I wish I had had that dress then so I could post a "before."

Have a wonderful time with your friend, tt.  What a great day to be out.

ETA:  Forgot to post DH's reaction:  "Ohhhh...Embarassed"

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from princess-cal. Show princess-cal's posts

Happy Birthday to You Pingo!!  Laughing

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Kar, you look stunning in that dress! I have no doubt about DH's reaction : )  lol!  Going to be a warm one today and tomorrow.  Nice!  tt, you have been busy this week!  But glad you are going to get out on this beautiful day.  I will need to take extra breaks.  Does Cheerio yell at you when you come back?  : )  Have a good day everyone!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Happy Birthday Pingo! 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Good morning everyone.  HAPPY BIRTHDAY PINGO!! What a great day you will have. Kar, that dress looks fantastic on you.  tt, have a great day out kalooping. Amber, I think extra breaks are in order for everyone today. PC, how's Spencer doing? 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from princess-cal. Show princess-cal's posts

Hi Winter, Spencer is doing okay.  I think he really needs a friend.  He's with my MIL during the day, and the dog walker comes, but I don't think it's the same.  I do have "play dates" at least once a week, so that helps.  I know we will get another one, but there are a few factors.  We are either going to move or build a home, so we want to see when that will be. . . and then it's just what we will get.  My heart will always belong to boxers (and I think DH too), so we are leaning towards that.  However, we both agree that it would definitely be a rescue dog that needs a home, so we'll have to do some searching for that.  Lol, and you thought you asked a simple question!!!

Hope Yoda  is doing well . . he is such a handsome guy!