March chat

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Re: March chat

Good morning,
    Thanks so much for all your good wishes. What a great BD gift to get - beautiful weather. DH is taking the day off from the office, so we will be going to RI to one of his job sites. On the way back stop at Foxwood for a couple of hours and then head back home and have dinner up here somewhere. Foxwood has nice dinner places, but I don't want to make it a late night. It is a 2 hours drive home after all. Got lovely roses and a beautiful card from DH this morning and both boys called, so it was a wonderful start on the day.
    Have to get going. You all enjoy this beautiful weather today.
    Blessings - Pingo

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Sounds like wonderful Birthday plans Pingo.  Enjoy!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Amber, thanks for the cake. I counted the candles ---- it's about right. - P

In Response to Re: March chat:
    [QUOTE]Happy Birthday Pingo! 
    Posted by ambergirl[/QUOTE]

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Thanks, Winter!

Pingo, what a great day planned!  Hope Foxwoods contributes to your birthday haul. :)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Leave some for me on the 17th, Pingo!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

PC, that's exciting that you are getting a new home in the future.  

Yoda is doing good.  Still can't pet him, but he listens when I talk to him.  Last night he laid across my feet, of course when I wanted to pet him (couldn't resist he was all sprawled out) he jumped down.  

Pingo, have a good time at Foxwoods. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

[QUOTE]Leave some for me on the 17th, Pingo!
    Posted by toytrumpet[/QUOTE]

I thought we were taking your cake for a "ride"

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

Happy Birthday Pingo...Sounds like you have a great day ahead of you

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Prin, moving or building?  Sounds like it might be a ways off...could you get a trained young boxer before then?

Winter, I know some cats never like being pet, but I have a feeling Yoda will given the rate he's opened up to you so far and the fact that he keeps getting closer to you.  Laying on your feet?  When you got him he wouldn't even come out from hiding to EAT!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

I agree with Kar Winter.  I seriously think he will come around and he did let you pet him once.  Laying on your feet is huge.  He is just the cutest thing and I would want to pet him all the time too. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Icer, I'm talking about Pingo leaving me some money at Foxwoods!
    I'll be riding with you "in spirit" on the 17th.  The allure of the slots is too much for me to pass up.

P.S. Did you meet up with SS at the polls yesterday?  Haven't had a chance to talk with her yet.  I don't know how anyone does it for that long a time - I've been called a couple of times to fill in when someone gives up a spot, but 2 hours tops would be my interest in sitting there.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Yes I agree and I can't wait until I can pet him.  I have a picture of how he was laying he was just on my feet.  This was before I vacuumed...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Does that picture not scream...pet me, pet me, pet me...PLEASE!!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Winter, that is what my boys do when they are on my bed.  They lay on their back and look at me.  And yes, they let me pet them.  You are so close!  I just can't get over how expressive his face is.  He looks super soft too : )

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Thanks Amber.  I can touch his tail sometimes when he's busy looking out the window...he is very soft. :) 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Oh, Winter, what a cutie pie!  And, I agree, he's on his way to demanding that you pet him all the time, lol.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Thanks.  I showed him pictures of Gracie after Cheerio and the boys.  He asked if she likes cats?  Says that stove looks nice and toasty and wondered if there was a litte room for him.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Gracie loves cats and would share her spot in front of the stove if he were to brings his own bed; she takes up every inch of hers, but there's plenty of warmth by the stove to go around.  All the CC kitties could fit.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

Ok Kar, I just substituted Quinoa for rice in my Sausage Soup, so let's see what happens!  There's one cup of Q and about 8 cups of liquids.....

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from shakersilly2010. Show shakersilly2010's posts

[QUOTE]Sorry LG...We don't know anything about fruit trees...We have one apple tree but we don't do anything with it... I got some sad news today...The family that has run the St patty's day parade has experienced a loss...Mother of the wife passed this past saturday. So ...we will attend a wake this week. I will refer to the wike as "K"..."K" was very close to her Mother and is grieving so much...my heart breaks for her SS...I look forward to seeing you at the polls...
    Posted by icer[/QUOTE]
    Icer, So sorry about K's Mom, nothing is as bad as losing a Mother....mine was my best friend, we both lived in the same apartment house, different apts., for yrs, we shared coffee in the AM and tea in the PM....she'll be gone 20yrs this yr. and I still get a bit upset with her that she left me....
    Had a terrific day at the polls, real slow, not too many voters--and it is such a priviledge...the time went by fast....was exhausted when I got home tho, had some stew, said my goodnights and was off to dreamland.....next time is in Sept.  Have a good day all, its sorta warm out (warmer anyway) and tomorrow should be even warmer. 
     Takecare and keep smiling, ss

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

[QUOTE]Ok Kar, I just substituted Quinoa for rice in my Sausage Soup, so let's see what happens!  There's one cup of Q and about 8 cups of liquids.....
    Posted by Ihavemyhats[/QUOTE]

Hats, that's great.  Do you usually use a cup of uncooked rice?  It should soak up a similar amount of liquid, I think, and turn out similar in consistency.

Have you used quinoa before?  You knew to wash the bitter coating off first, I hope.  

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

ss, my mom has been gone 22, this Monday, March 5th.  Still miss her so I can relate.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

I have not used Quinoa before but I bought the pre-washed! 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

[QUOTE]I have not used Quinoa before but I bought the pre-washed! 
    Posted by Ihavemyhats[/QUOTE]

Am I the only one who's not found this treasure of pre-washed quinoa yet?!  ;)  

If you used the same amount of uncooked quinoa as you do rice, I think it has a decent chance of turning out the way you like it.  If it's not enough quinoa, of course, you could cook another cup separately and add it.  I'll be so eager to hear how it comes out and what you think of the taste/texture difference.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Oh Amber, Yoda also wants to meet the boys and Amber.  He thought she looked very snuggly :)  The boys he thinks they could have lots of fun....

Sections
Shortcuts