March chat

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Re: March chat

You had me curious allreadymarried, so i googled it and found this. That was a while ago, so hopefully Kar you won't see one! 

Massachusetts has one confirmation. In April, 1997, John McCarter, an associate of Paul Rezendes, discovered a beaver kill in the north Quabbin area of central Massachusetts. He also found a number of scats, one of which was sent out for DNA analysis and proved to be cougar. Additionally, there was a beaver kill buried in leaves in typical cougar fashion and beaver DNA was found in the scat, indicating the cougar had eaten some of the beaver.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Oh he's so beautiful, Winter, and I love the pic of Boo snuggling up with Amber.  Cheerio was in her glory, purring away when we came back - she loves company, even someone like my friend who is allergic to cats and can't touch her - of course makes Cheerio try all the harder to win her over!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from allreadymarried. Show allreadymarried's posts

I think I had read that way back then as well and it was reported that the "cat" might have have been trapped out of state and released here.
    Now who would want to catch a cougar is beyond me but there a folks who like "big cats" for pets.
    I think it is safe to say that we most likely do not have any in this area anymore:)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Awww... tell Cheerio I would pet her all day if I could!  I thought that picture of Boo and Amber was adorable too.  I was afraid he was going to move, but he looked right at me!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

In Response to Re: March chat:
    Icer, I'm talking about Pingo leaving me some money at Foxwoods! I'll be riding with you "in spirit" on the 17th.  The allure of the slots is too much for me to pass up. P.S. Did you meet up with SS at the polls yesterday?  Haven't had a chance to talk with her yet.  I don't know how anyone does it for that long a time - I've been called a couple of times to fill in when someone gives up a spot, but 2 hours tops would be my interest in sitting there.
    Posted by toytrumpet

Well...lets see...I spoke to everyone ...so yes..

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

I agree allready married and let's hope it stays that way!  Love cats, but the big ones...not so much....  although they are gorgeous.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Thanks tt.  He likes to listen now when I talk to him and he tilts his head back and forth. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

My neighbor will be glad to hear that there are none in MA, but she has told me that along with coyotes, she has seen a fisher go through her yard.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mothermitzi. Show mothermitzi's posts

My father's neighbor showed him a picture of a bobcat taken in the Fells.  I guess that's a smaller version of a cougar.   

Took a walk at lunch.  So nice to get fresh air and the sun is so warm.  Matt Noyes says winter is over in these parts, and I'll hitch my star to that wagon. 

mothermitzi 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

tt, was thinking you out there today - glad you had a great time!

We have cougars here, but the gov't denies it and attributes the sighting to bobcats.  Our neighbor down the road saw one twice in his field and called Fish and Game who denied it, but finally came out since there were tracks in the snow.  They said they were "kinda big for a bobcat," and they followed the tracks to a tree with a deer in it.  The only cat that can drag a deer carcas up a tree to protect the kill is a cougar.  He didn't deny that.  He's about a mile up the road from us so...

Bobcats are quite a bit smaller than cougars (or mountain lions as they are also called).

No more Winter?  YAY!  I love Matt.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

They look very much alike. Either way, I don't want to say "Good morning, afternoon or evening" to either one!  lol!  Looking forward to leaving today with the sun still up and the warm weather : ) 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

No more winter is right up my alley.  I wouldn't want to see a bobcat, cougar or a fishercat.  I'll stick to the domestic house cat. :) 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from tulips1954. Show tulips1954's posts

I'm with you, Winter- dont want to see any of them.  That Fischer cat is nasty looking. There was a report of them in my town a couple of years ago- that was the first I ever heard of them.

Though I live in suburbia- 6K sq ft lot, so it is densely populated- but reservation is  very close by. We have turkeys (sorry Pingo) deer, coyotes and foxes-that I know of.
    Kar- I think my entire neighborhood would fit on your land!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

LOL, Tulips!

I'm sure there aren't any cougars "out East" where most of you are.  There are very few out here in the Quabbin where it's densely wooded and there's a lot of protected land.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Hats, I'm dying to know how your soup came out with the quinoa replacing the rice - ??

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

Hats, I'm dying to know how your soup came out with the quinoa replacing the rice - ??
    Posted by kargiver

DH - delicious
    Me - OK, would prefer the rice.

Just got home and had a bite.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Hats, you didn't eat dinner until almost 10?  I was in bed by then!  Glad it was a relative success.  Did you have the same amount of grain and liquid at the end of cooking as you do with the rice?  

WOW, so WARM!!  YAHOO!  Maybe we'll lose our snow of Feb 29 today.  It's making a mess of our walks.  Yesterday left me a little sore from trudging...not that that's a bad thing, but still.

Gracie's in her crate...not sure why.  Oh, I know, the fire isn't going.

We had a rough night; the neighbor's dog barked all night.  Gracie reacted for awhile and wanted to go out, but she settled down when I told her to, thankfully.

Tomorrow is DH's birthday so I need to get the rack of lamb today and whatever other ingredients for his special dinner.  Other than that, no big plans.  Everything has come for his birthday except what I really was hoping would.  We've got today and tomorrow...crossing fingers.

Have a great day, everyone - enjoy the weather!!

~kar

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Good morning,

Sounds like a delicious supper planned for DH, Kargiver.  Hope the present still on route arrives in time.

Years ago we had a next door neighbor who left their dog out til about 11 at night - he ran his own business, was gone all day, and just put the dog out in the morning and left him there.  By suppertime the poor dog (who did have a doghouse he could get into if he needed) would be barking whining, begging to get in the house.  You know the situation never righted itself.  I spoke to the guy a couple of times, as did one of my sons, he was a nice enough guy, but felt this was the only solution he had other than to put the dog in a kennel all day long which he didn't want to do.  Short of reporting him (for what?  noise?) and I wasn't going to do that, we learned to live with it.  Not easy to do when you're trying to fall asleep at night and your bedroom is on that side of the house, so I sympathize with you and your neighbor's dog's barking.

Have a dentist appt late morning and may take myself out to lunch and over to the mall after.  First communion of my number one cookie baker comes up in May, and I'd like to get something new to wear.  I've fallen back on my "fall back on" outfit so many times now, it's time to move that to the back of the closet and get a new outfit to take its place.

Wind is whipping around here, hope it doesn't blow out uppermost plastic bottles in the recycling bin.  Would hate to be chasing a Tidy Cats litter container down the street!  Hope you all have good day.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Good morning ladies,

It is so warm but windy.  Kar that sounds like a delicious dinner for DH's birthday.  He is a lucky man : )  I am starting to really look forward to my weekend.  I am going to walk over to South Station and order my tickets.  I love taking the Amtrak.  So relaxing for me.  I will take a cab Saturday morning to South Station and will be coming back Tuesday afternoon.  Going to check the schedule now to see what time (s) I want to leave and come back.  This will do me a world of good but I will miss my CC friends for sure!  Have a great day everyone!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Just saw your post - lost track of the days, forgot this is Friday and you're off to your big adventure this week-end - have a wonderful time.  Taking the train is relaxing, I know what you mean.  You'll have a great time, I'm sure.  Whenever you get back on the boards, Tuesday or Wednesday, we'll be waiting to hear all about it.  We'll miss you.  Take care and be safe.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Hi, tt - 

Thanks, I hope so, too.  It's taking awhile longer because it's personalized.  Oh, well, at least there are other gifts if it doesn't make it in time.

That's sad about your neighbor's dog, too.  That's abusive, but not reportable, like you say.  I do feel bad for him, but, gosh, he barks ALL NIGHT.  And, he wants Gracie to come outside so he comes right up to our house and howls and barks.

The wind is supposed to get stronger all day with gusts up to 60 mph.  Better take precautions!

ETA:  Ambergirl, your post came up after I finished this one - must have taken longer to type than I thought.  Anyway, one more day to go!  You must be so excited.  We'll miss you, too, but keep a journal and catch us up on all your kalooping when you get back!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Hi ladies,

Today is Thursday right?  LOL!  Just realized my phone is almost dead, forgot to charge it up last night.  Arrgghhh... hate that as that is how I respond to my friends on my personal email.  I need a lap top.  I have been saying that for 2 years now.  Maybe time to bite the bullet.  Will save for that.  For now, very happily spending my money on Amtrak tickets : )  Thank you for saying you will miss me too!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

Hi ladies, Today is Thursday right?  LOL!  Just realized my phone is almost dead, forgot to charge it up last night.  Arrgghhh... hate that as that is how I respond to my friends on my personal email.  I need a lap top.  I have been saying that for 2 years now.  Maybe time to bite the bullet.  Will save for that.
    Posted by ambergirl

Perhaps you should look into an IPad or another tablet.  So much less to carry around.  Last night we watched the introduction of the new IPad and all its new software - amazing.  When this computer (bought in 2006) gives up the ghost I think that will be my new device.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Great suggestion hats!  I work with tech guys, so I can pick their brains.  They have every new gadget out there.  I feel so old working with them!  But they are so helpful.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Wait - it's only Thursday!  Your post, Amber, just prompted me ahead to the last day of the week - probably wishing it were Friday and my dentist appt. on Thursday was a thing of the past!  Anyway, it still stands, we'll miss you, and have a safe trip.  I'm off the computer now to get ready.

Sections
Shortcuts