March chat

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Re: March chat

Just back home. Slow going, but I made it home safely. Amber, your commute must not have been pleasant. Was thinking of you standing there waiting for your bus, so the slip and slide was not so bad. The temps are going downwards, so it will be real icy in an hour or too. I tried to have DH cancel his tennis tonight, but that was like talking to a door. I won't be happy until I see him home later tonight. I know, he is a big boy and can take care of himself, but that doesn't make we worry less.
    And look at all this "fun" I missed this afternoon. One just have to ignore all those trouble makers. I have learnt the hard way just to take the info as is. I don't need to use it. When we get all riled up, they succeed.
    I didn't know  RG has a new nom. But I haven't been down in the Commoners in ages either. Don't know what is going on there and I really don't care. I do miss Ache though. We made "friends" - and then puff, he was gone. Which proves to me, those trouble makers are just here to enjoy getting everyone else upset. When it is not fun any longer, they leave.
    DH was out all morning, had lunch w/ a client and brought me back General Gau's Chicken (incl. MSG). Could hardly eat half of it. So the leftovers will be my dinner tonight. DH will want soup, when he gets home from tennis. Will make a lentil soup for him with some of the ham from the shoulder, I still have leftovers from.
    Hope everyone is home safely by now - Pingo

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

If we get advice or information we don't think applies to us could we agree to just ignore it without getting all defensive and going down that road? I don't know why RDG got banned, again, but she didn't break the rules that I'm aware of, although, I admit I wasn't around when it all went down and things that did break BDC rules could have been deleted.  

Ignoring a comment or piece of advice/information doesn't imply we all agree with it (or disagree for that matter).  It simply keeps things from going in a negative direction for no reason.

ETA:  Pingo, just saw your companion post to this idea when mine posted. :)  And, yes, everyone be careful out there; they are talking "flash freeze" tonight, very icy.  I fell yesterday, actually, on "old" ice in the woods that had just been covered with an inch of fresh snow.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from lizinboston. Show lizinboston's posts

Potato pancakes a success! I made four, two for tonight and two for lunch tomorrow. Delicous with sour cream and apple sauce! Thanks for the recipe Kar!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

That's great, Liz!  So glad you enjoyed them and let me know so soon.  I was thinking of you.  They are the quickest, easiest, comfort meal ever.  Did you boil the potatoes or grate them raw, just curious.  You can add any seasonings you want, too; they're a blank canvas.  I can imagine some with Italian herbs with tomato sauce....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Kar, did you see all the posts RG sent before they were deleted?? Everyone of them was insulting and directed at someone. There was at least 10 if them in a row. I personally will not ignore personal attacks. We have all reacted to RG. Hard not to. But I did ignore her which seemed to make it worse. She really went on the attack. BDC banned her for a valid reason for a second time. But again I won't be someone's punching bag for their amusement. Hopefully she is gone for good but doubt it. I will get her banned everytime. We do try and ignore but she needs to stay away. I don't feel anyone did anything wrong.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Amber, I just came back in and was going to answer Kargiver's post too.  She has reinvented herself again down in The Commoners, now as Filly Little.  

Not that it makes any difference, but G.T. had read her posts this afternoon and even he whose usual advice is "ignore", said it was clear she wasn't interested in "chatting", but there looking for trouble, to start fights, spoiling the integrity of the Forums.  Like I said, I'm sure it makes no difference, to anyone what he says/thinks since he doesn't post here, but it was clear to him the intent of her posts.  Noone, including you, is being super sensitive here.  We owe BDC a big thank you for staying on top of this.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Thank you tt.. she really went at me because I told her to go away. And I wasn't the only one. DL is asking Ache to help RG because she wasn't offensive to anyone. Just wow..and comes here like she wants to be friends. Hypocrite and RG's sidekick. I love coming on here but won't tolerate this nonsense. Happy GT seen the scope of how bad it got. AND last but not least I would not want anyone telling me what I am feeding my family is bad. Winter had every right to respond.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

And I find that odd DL is asking Ache to help... makes me wonder...and now RG is another sock puppet? Mmmmm...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I agree with you.  Evidently BDC monitors do too, because they acted quickly.
    Shutting off computer for the night.  Chat tomorrow.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from tulips1954. Show tulips1954's posts

Glad everyone made it home safely. Any small amt of snow we did have is gone--hopefully all will be safe if it does freeze later.
    I missed all the excitement, too. Everyone here is so nice-I just don't understand wanting to cause trouble. Seems like jr high stuff.
    I will have to make potato pancakes-I have never had them. I don't understand, though--sour cream AND applesauce? Both at the same time, or do you dip into one or the other? I know I would love them anyway they are served--carb queen that I am! And Irish!
    Tonight I tried something new I had seen on D,D&D--cabbage with sauteed onions, egg noodles, and some crumbled bacon. I googled to get a recipe for it-I forget the actual name of it-it may be Polish. It was good- maybe better tomorrow when the flavors blend more. DH thought it was great--DS only so-so. He thought it needed some kind of sauce. Served as a side with chicken thighs--yum. I think it is a meal itself, but didn't want to stake the whole dinner on it, in case they didn't like it. And I am having some red wine tonight-breaking my new rule of  no wine during the week. Maybe red does not count? I usually drink white. So-yes, I think I am right--for me--red does not count!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from princess-cal. Show princess-cal's posts

Good lord.  Looks like March is bringing all of the freaks out.  No worries here, lame posts can easily be ignored.

Made it to Friday!  Don't know how icy the roads are, but they don't look too bad.  Sometimes I can get a little too confident in my SUV so I'll just take it slow.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Good morning,

You were up bright and early, Princess.  It was nice of you to post your "helpful" article down in The Commoners.  They are ones always looking for "information" to be thrown into any discussion, asked or otherwise, and so I'm sure they appreciated your input.

Hope you had an ueventful drive into work.  Roads here don't seem slippery at all, like yesterday, there's snow on the grass and cars, but roads are clear, just wet.

Yesterday Liz asked about eating applesauce with the potato pancakes - truthfully, I have always just slathered sour cream on them, but since I don't have any in the house, will put out a small dish of applesauce to eat along with.  I think it's just the tartness that you want along with them.  Glad you tried and enjoyed.  I've made them for years (tho with the raw potatoes) and my boys make them now for their families.  Speaking of boys, it's my oldest son's birthday today, then my granddaughter's who has the new baby, Monday, a grandson on the Ides of March, and another relative the 21st - that and a couple of anniversaries thrown in there too!  Definitely taking advantage of my Rewards Card discounts at Michael's for card making supplies!

Hope Amber has had a chance to take a pic or two of the boys, Cheerio checks the computer every day, and fears they have found a younger, prettier "kitten" to pursue - speaking of Cheerio, she's waiting not too patiently for her saucer of milk, so will get her that and reheat the leftover chocolate banana pancakes from yesterday.  Another good start to the day -  Hope everyone gets into work safely.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Good morning!

Wow, who shined the light on our little living room?

Applesause, I think, is a traditional German way to serve the potato pancakes, but other than that I'm not sure of the origin.  I'm a fan of both sour cream and applesause swirled together.  Although, last time I had a hummus/sour cream mix that was excellent, a Middle Eastern touch reminisent of falafal.

Well, we got another couple of inches of snow yesterday so we're probably at about 9 or 10 out here.  Almost strange to see any snow at this point.  The neighbor called to see if DH wanted to go snowmobiling late this afternoon, but since he hadn't registered it for the year it's a no-go.

Have a great day,
    ~kar

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Looking out my slider this morning -

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

He must be cold after such a mild winter!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Yes, you can see he sits with bowed head.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Reading your post, Kargiver, of origin of potato pancakes - I learned from my husband's stepfather who came from Lithuania.  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I guess they are a traditional Baltic dish, not just German.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Good morning everyone.  I honestly dind't mean to start all this trouble yesterday and I think I offended Liz.  :( Having a little pizza get together tonight with some friends for DH's birthday, most of us can't eat meant so it's a cheese pizza and an onion pizza.  Waiting for ths last of his parents arrive, if not today than he'll get it on Monday, his actual birthday. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

I posted on March 2.  Which March are we using?  I put them all on ignore, not feeding into it and being chased away.  Kar, "who shined the light on our little living room" made me chuckle.  Great way to put it!  tt, i have been terrible at taking pictures.  I will try to get some new ones this weekend Embarassed 

Winter, you didn't do anything wrong at all.  I was doubting myself too since it appears RG didn't like my remark about banning her again.  We are not responsible for their behavior.  We don't go to Commoners and start trouble.  When they come here, it is always for no good. And people who don't know the history of past behavior by then would not get it of course. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

OMG, Winter, don't take blame upon yourself.  This has been going on long before you came on the boards.   I thought, good for you for standing up for yourself after a couple of snide remarks.

Sounds like a good birthday celebration to me, Winter.  My son will probably opt for something Chinese tonight for his birthday, or they may wait until tomorrow to celebrate.  My granddaughter is pretty much a vegan, so have no idea what her Monday birthday supper choice will be.  I'm invited to oldest son's for dinner on mine and have already put in my request for her spaghetti and meatballs.  She makes the best.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

That's funny tt, I have been thinking of making spagetti and meatballs for the longest time.  I always make a large batch of gravy and freeze individual containers.  I also put sausage in mine.  DD loves my gravy.  I think next month I will budget that.  Food has gotten crazy expensive hasn't it??

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Which March forum are we using??? Thanks tt.  I think Liz was offended though and I didn't mean for that to happen.  I suspect my DH will want roast on Sunday, so I'll probably do that as well.  My son has been loving my spaghetti and meatballs, so I'll put that on the menu.  I made a bunch of sauce last time and it's in the freezer.  

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Food prices are insane, Amber, that's why I've put myself on a "buy what you need to round out meals for the week" budget.  Of course, I had a lot in the freezer and that is starting to go down now, but I figure if I pick up one meat product a week, which usually has to be divided into portions for just one person, I'll stay ahead of the game.  Don't eat meat every night anyway.  Did try S&S brand corn flakes this week, $2 savings right there and they tasted the same to me - a little smaller flake maybe, but taste was good.  Some products like canned whole tomatoes I still stick with Hunts, there is a difference in taste. -- Spaghetti, yes, DIL puts sausages in hers too.  She's already said she's making extra so there'll be a doggy bag for me to take home.  Love that girl!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

tt, she sounds like a wonderful DIL.  Is this Lily's nana?