March chat

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Re: March chat

As you know I use Peapod but I get a lot of bargains on there and stock up.  A lot of buy 10 for 1$ that is available only on the web.  I buy family packs of meat and individually freeze.  I love cereal and that has gotten nuts too.  I will have to try the S&S brand.  I really want to make gravy now.  Def next month : )

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

You guys are killing me!  Winter I just caught your DH will want roast beef.  That I do have in my budget for food shopping next week.  DD asked me to make it.  Will probably be the last one for a while with the good weather coming.  Cannot wait to break out my grill!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Yes, Winter, DIL I talk about is Lilly's grandma.  Kids can't help but love her, she's so easy going.  Her own dau (Lilly's mother) is so strict with the kids - we all laugh, don't know where she got that from, because she wasn't brought up that way, that's for sure.  Think part of it came from training as a day care provider and how to manage a room full of little personalities all wanting to do their own thing.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

I posted on the second thread with my opinion we should all stay here.  We have our guests on ignore, so why not carry on?  Your thoughts ladies?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Sorry Amber.  For cake tonight there is a bakery near our house that is fantastic. I'm getting chocolate cake with white frosting (his favorite).  I did my weekend cleaning all last night.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Yum, cake!!!  I know he will appreciate all this.  I am envious you have all your weekend cleaning done.  That is what I will be doing tomorrow but it is suppose to rain, so good day to do it.  I usually blast my music for motivation. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Just talked with son and they are hitting a new Japanese restaurant for supper.  The cake?  That's become sort of a ritual with Lilly picking out what she thinks "Papa" would LOVE!  Last year I think it was a Sponge Bob!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

That is beyond cute tt : )

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

tt, that is adorable. :) My DS would prefer white cake, but I told him he can have that for his birthday.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from lizinboston. Show lizinboston's posts

In Response to Re: March chat:
    [QUOTE]Which March forum are we using??? Thanks tt.  I think Liz was offended though and I didn't mean for that to happen.  I suspect my DH will want roast on Sunday, so I'll probably do that as well.  My son has been loving my spaghetti and meatballs, so I'll put that on the menu.  I made a bunch of sauce last time and it's in the freezer.  
    Posted by Winter2011Bride[/QUOTE]
    It's ok Winter I was not offended, just baffled by the behavior of adults....that's all :) I don't let things like that bother me :)

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Just got a call back from Lilly - Papa had gone in to take a shower, and she wanted to tell me that it will be a chocolate cake, a "Boots" one.  I'm not too up on kids cartoons, but her Nana told me Boots is Dora the Explorer's side kick monkey!  He'll howl at that.  She's too cute for words.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

That is cracking me up tt.  I hope to be a GM some day : )

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

WOW! that is all I have to say - waking up to this kind of garbage.
    IMO we should not change thread - but stay on the first March thread. It is confusing w/ two, and they will just post on both, so what is gained. I put the whole bunch on ignore - didn't even read their posts. You all do the same, and they will be gone.

Just copied this message on the other thread, and it looks like they are already posting on that thread.

It is freeeezzzzing out this morning. Hope your commute was not bad, Amber. I always feel for you standing at that bus stop. Driving when it is icy is no fun, but standing at a bus stop on a day like this is worse IMO.
    Wish I had done my shopping earlier in the week, but we have dinner company coming tmw. so I need to go. Will wait until the afternoon, when the temp has gone up a bit. Tmw. is going to be rainy and in the fiftieth, so hopefully we will get rid of the snow.
    Winter, I don't know, why you think you insulted Liz. You did just fine "defending" yourself. I think, it is just some of the newer posters are not aware of the trouble makers. How could they be? They haven't yet had any exchange with them. And it is always a good thing to judge for yourself, whether is is a villain or a friend.
    Got to get going. Will check in later. You all stay warm - Pingo

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Yeah, it's funny but she has a hard time remembering Cheerio's name.  When she was here Monday she was calling her "Mittens".  Now today she said, "Oh, Nana Nana, tell Princess I love her"!  I said, you mean Cheerio?  Yup.  She doesn't know any other cats by either of those names, but evidently that's what she would have named her.

I'm off to get my day started.  Have used the ignore button on all, as well, and it's marvelous.  Never tried it before, but it's marvelous.  Other than knowing they have posted something, you're protected from all their dribble.  Great invention, BDC.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

tt, how did your son make it home last night during the storm? - Pingo

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

I did exactly that Pingo.  Put them all on ignore.  Thank you for thinking about me in this weather. I actually did good and everything was on time for a change.  Rain tomorrow and cold weather through Tuesday but they are saying warm weather for the middle of next week.  Such a great winter!!  We change the clocks next weekend too.  I too suggested just stay here.  Have a good day!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I haven't heard from him, Pingo.  he's great for saying, "I'll call you Thursday" and then a week and half later you hear from him.  No idea what time their plane was supposed to get in.  I'm sure I'll get a quick (as with visits, Amber, lol) call from him some time today.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

I told DD she should have made my labor as short as she makes her visits... lol!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Love that one, Amber!  Today's being son's birthday was of course thinking of the night he was born, C Section, after 22 hours of labor!  But, I didn't remind him of that part of it.  The boys all had their father's broad forehead.  Must say tho, and I can since they don't look like me, they're all handsome devils.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

22 hours tt????  Wow!!!  Mine really wasn't bad at all except for the "you are too far along to get an epideral" part.  Had her natural, not fun at all.  6 hours.  I have no doubt they are handsome and it is your genes too!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Back in those days CSections weren't done on a whim, it was serious business.  In this day and age they never would let you go that long.

Ok, I'm really off the boards for a while now, have got to get that hamper emptied out again and a wash going.  Want to check on where Cheerio has disappeared to too.  Last I saw her she was at the slider, salivating, tail twitching, at the mourning doves under the feeder.  I'll stop back on later.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

22 hours, tt, I can't imagine...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Add another 14 hours - that makes it 36. Finally ended up w/ a C-Sec. But you know, you forget it all, when you have that beautiful little bundle of yours in your arms. The second one was elective C-Sec. - so that one was easy.

Happy birthday to tt Junior! Love that monkey cake. I am sure Papa will too. And that little GGD of yours can keep secrets? Good for her. - Pingo

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

I can't imagine 22 hours either.  Amber, I too delivered natutally, but it was my choice.  For brief moment I thought about pain meds, but dind't do it.  Lucky for me DS was pretty quick. We got to the hospital at 11 pm.  Water broke at 2:35 am and he arrived at 3:20 am.  :)

My DS also had a 22-inch chest and a big ole head. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Even though it is irritating w/ all the "disturbance" on this thread, I had to laugh. Didn't know, there were so many new, crazy posters. Where did they all come from? The woodwork? They are like termites. Slowly eating themselves in - until someone wake up and ban them all. In the meantime, we can use a band-aid by putting them on ignore.
    - Pingo