March chat

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Re: March chat

I don't know how you ladies did it...  very different back then.  I do think Winter if i had classes it would have been easier but DD was little thank God : )  Update on my niece. She has a scan Monday to see if the chemo has shrunk the tumors.  I just got a message from her that they shrunk 83%!!  She may need another surgery.  She will find out Monday, but this is great news. Made my day!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

That is just wonderful, Amber. Still praying, she will be fine - Pingo

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

They are from Love Letters Pingo. RG thought this would be funny.  The ignore button is just wonderful like tt said. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Amber, my DS was 8 pounds 9 ounces, 21.5 inches long.  Glad your niece's tumor shrunk Amber.  I'll keep you all in my thoughts and prayers. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

DD was 6 pounds 8 inches, 19 inches long.  Funny how I can still remember it like yesterday : )  Thank you ladies for your thoughts and prayers.  I am just happy right now. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Ambergirl, that's a true answer to prayer, 83%...just wonderful news!  She and all her loved ones needed that report.  Positive energy in and of itself is healing.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

I agree so much Kar!  DD put out prayers for her a while ago on Facebook and got an unbelievable amount of response.  She has been battling this for so long and she needed some good news.  She is young (33) and strong.  Will be keeping the prayers going for sure.  Family has a fund raiser planned next month to help with medical bills. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Ambergirl, that's awesome.  I remember your saying that, and I hope the effort is blessed supernaturally beyond her family's wildest dreams.  Remember what Jesus did with 5 loaves and 2 fish!  No one imagined that was about to happen; the deciples had just informed him that they were going to have to cut things short so people could go get something to eat, lol.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

tt, if you still read or post on this thread, I have a question for you. Did you put raisins in your apple sauce muffins? - Pingo

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

I thought she did, I thought she had mentioned that in her post about them. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Funny, I just came upstairs and saw page after page of "Posts from xxxxx are hidden", so was not going to bother posting.  Yes I did, I love raisins and they added a sweetness.  BTW, should point out that applesauce I bought because it was such a  bargain, turned out, when I got home, to be "unsweetened"!  You know I never in my right mind would have picked up anything unsweetened!  Think it worked out well in that recipe however.

While I'm on, because I probably won't bother again today, want to tell Amber how happy I am for her niece's results.  That is such good news, Amber.  All the prayers that go up from various groups do help.  I know the prayer chains for my dear DIL certainly did when she faced her cancer.  Your niece and your family will continue to be remembered in my daily prayers.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Thank you tt....  but don't go away : ( 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

You can use up your applesauce by using it in place of oil in just about any baked good, tt.  The fact that it's unsweetened just means it won't impact the taste that much more than the oil would have; it becomes a hidden calorie-fat blasting ingredient.

ETA:  You can use it to replace liquid fat like canola oil, not butter, by the way - when I said "any baked good" I should have qualified it, "any baked good that doesn't call for solid fat (butter, margarine, Crisco, etc).

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I just have a lot to do, Amber, and once I sit down at the computer, I let myself get stuck here, going back and forth between Chat, my emails, and Mah Jong!  Not a person with a lot of willpower.  Soon I'll drag myself away for the Y&R.  Gotta cheer my Jack as he struggles to walk again.

On that note, if you are reading this at all today, Icer, don't you wish they would keep things a bit more realistic?  I'm referring to Daisy being able to get out of jail, secure a warrant, and take her baby back that very night without so much as a home visit or investigation by DSS as to the baby's welfare?  That just never would happen.  Wonder if on their soap blog they have a place for comments that are read by the producers.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Ok, then you have a good day and I will chat tomorrow with you. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Kargiver, I don't think I do a baked good that doesn't have margarine or Crisco in it lol!

Gotta go throw the clothes in the dryer and the next load in.  Then time for a salad which I will load up with celery since Dr. Oz says that's a great memory booster (!) and watch Y&R.  Will peek in later this afternoon and see if there are any posts to read, not just those blanked out ones.  If not, hope everyone has a nice week-end.  No plans here, just waiting to hear from the Bahama crowd.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

LOL, tt, I guess not.  Muffins and quick breads of any variety are good places to sneak in the applesauce and use it up.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

tt, if I don't catch you later have a great night and day tomorrow. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Thanks, tt. I will be using my home made applesauce, which I sweatened just a bit. I just had a small bowl of Greek yogurt with some of it as a morning snack. Delicious! Will remember to add the raisins. And maybe a grated apple too. - Pingo

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

I forgot my lunch so bought a panini.  It is roast beef with cheddar cheese, lettuce and tomatoe with a horseradish spread.  It is so good, will def get again!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Sounds good, Amber.  My salad will be the usual lettuce and tomato, with CELERY, pickles, crabmeat and a dollop of cottage cheese.  A cuppa and maybe a slice of Freihofer's Italian seeded bread to help tide me over through the dreaded "munchy afternoon"!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from lizinboston. Show lizinboston's posts

My OB said I need more iron in my diet. I am not a huge red meat fan and spinach sort of repulses me at the moment. Any other ideas for an iron enriched diet

ETA: Thanks, Amber. I did see that a baked potato is good source, and I definitely got that in with my latkes last night! Also, pumpkin seeds, beans, peaches, prunes, egg noodles, all things I love!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Hi Liz,

Googled and found this site http://www.healthaliciousness.com/articles/food-sources-of-iron.php

Interesting caviar is on it

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Despite the pork chop foray precipitated by my having bought them right before DH said he wanted to go lighter on meat for awhile, I've lost another pound.  And, our daily walks just got markedly more difficult.  It's no small feat to hoof it through 8 inches of unpacked snow for a few miles on rough terrain.  And, yesterday, I made the mistake of wearing YakTraks on my boots which got all snowbound and turned into Sketcher Shapeups.  I fell the day before, though, when there was just 1/2 an inch of snow covering up some slick spots...not good.  Gracie had a fit.  I could barely get up for her being all up in my face...what a sweetie.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Good for you Kar!!!  You are doing so well...  I thought I may have had to put those on my boots this morning but lucked out they sanded the street.  What a sweetheart Gracie is : )

Sections
Shortcuts