March chat

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Re: March chat

I think our interests are largely personality driven.  I only read a lot when I was a kid because I was sick so often.  When I grew out of those issues I didn't read as much.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

I usually have to struggle to get DS to read, though he did read some Harry Potter. I was thrilled when he asked about the Hunger Games.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Lots of times I think it's all in finding that first, second, third book that interests them, and then it's easier to get them to try another.  My GS (12) never reads, I try each Christmas to get some kind of a paperback type book (so it doesn't look so large) and tuck that in his gifts.  He's so into those computer games and hand held games, that I swear he'll have arthritis in his thumbs by the time he's 20.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

I told DD I bought Hunger Games.  She said, can I borrow it when you are done?  I replied, sure, after you read the last 3 books I gave you that you never opened.... she cracked up : )

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Know it seems I've been sitting on the boards all morning, but in between posts, I've stripped the bed (much to Cheerio's dismay), thrown a wash in, straightened out and spot cleaned the kitchen, and cleaned the bathroom.  Not a bad morning.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mothermitzi. Show mothermitzi's posts

kar -

Great story!  You were much better behaved than my son. You only disobeyed your mother once! The battles weren't just about books.  He wanted to watch reruns of Twilight Zone and I was against it.  Seems so silly now.  There was another show - Night Gallery I think.  I found out years later he was watching at his friend's house around the corner.  Now I watch them deal with the same issues with their own children.  I like the view from where I am now!

mothermitzi   

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

I am off next Friday tt, so that will be my spring cleaning.  I can't wait to wash my curtains in all my rooms. Going to put my spring/summer curtains up and wash the matching bedspread for my bedroom too.  So much work involved but so satisfying when I am done.  I also took Monday off so I will still have 3 days to myself when done. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

tt, I think my DS is going to have arthritis in his thumbs too.  My DH doesn't read much, but he did ask me what the second book was about as we were leaving the theater.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

I have next Friday off as well, as there is no school due to Good Friday.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

That's a good plan, Amber.  My curtains need washing too, but I have very wide slider windows and cannot manage getting the rods off as I used to - straddling two chairs!  That acrobatic feat is not in my repertoire anymore!  Another thing to add to the list for when "G.T. comes down".  Poor G.T.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

In Response to Re: March chat:
    [QUOTE]kar - Great story!  You were much better behaved than my son. You only disobeyed your mother once! The battles weren't just about books.  He wanted to watch reruns of Twilight Zone and I was against it.  Seems so silly now.  There was another show - Night Gallery I think.  I found out years later he was watching at his friend's house around the corner.  Now I watch them deal with the same issues with their own children.  I like the view from where I am now! mothermitzi   
    Posted by mothermitzi[/QUOTE]

I think boys tend to test the boundaries more than girls, mm, lol. :)  You think that was silly, consider this - my mother was not allowed to watch Dragnet.  Oh, yeah, you must thoroughly enjoy them going through what you did!  Ha ha, karma.

ETA:  It's amazing how much dust collects on walls and curtains...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

And did I mention the cat fur from going in and out of the windows??? 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Did I mention the holes in the edges of my Irish lace curtains from the paw pulling it back so she could sit on the window sill?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

And yet we still love them.... sigh..... 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Oh, don't get me going about Gracie's black fur all over the cream-colored painted woodwork and baseboards.  It even makes its way upstairs where she's not allowed, probably on our clothes and slippers.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from princess-cal. Show princess-cal's posts

Funny, give me the newspaper or any news source and I am an "avid" reader - I love news and current events.  To read a fiction novel or anything - blah.  I would much rather do my favorite cryptogram puzzles than read a book anytime, lol.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

This is the cutest video ever...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysKAVyXi0J4&feature=g-vrec&context=G2fef1d4RVAAAAAAAAAA

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

[QUOTE]This is the cutest video ever... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysKAVyXi0J4&feature=g-vrec&context=G2fef1d4RVAAAAAAAAAA
    Posted by ambergirl[/QUOTE]

Oh, so cute, tears in my eyes.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

[QUOTE]Funny, give me the newspaper or any news source and I am an "avid" reader - I love news and current events.  To read a fiction novel or anything - blah.  I would much rather do my favorite cryptogram puzzles than read a book anytime, lol.
    Posted by princess-cal[/QUOTE]

Maybe the length of the article has something to do with it, you're not looking ahead at 300 pages to read -

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Did I mention the pull marks on my floor length curtains??? But I love him...oh, he's let me pick him up a couple of times and he snuggles with me at night now.  :) 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

What?  You have been keeping that from us Winter!  lol!!!  Thrilled to hear it : )  The trust is there and will never go away. Now THAT brought a tear to my eye.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Oh, Winter, that's real progress.  I hope you have better luck than I do with Cheerio with Yoda taking care of his own nails.  Cheerio's the only cat I've ever had to have her nails clipped.  All my other cats took care of it themselves with no problem.  Not her, hers grow faster than you can blink an eye and she ends up getting them caught in the l.r. area rug and then hanging, dragging the rug.  Pathetic.  

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Thanks. :)  I kept meaning to share.  I still can't go near him on the couch but he'll jump on the bed and lick my face and snuggle in.  The two times I picked him up I think he was startled but he settled down and starting purring away.  He purrs louder then any cat I've ever seen.  We have to clip his nails.  We've never done it but I bought clippers at PetCo and we are going to try this weekend. I'm going to do the holding and DH will clip. He gets his claws caught on everything thing. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Does anyone remember this?  And can you name him?  A little trivia in the afternoon.  Sealed

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

Coo Coo for Cocoa puffs

Sections
Shortcuts