March chat

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Re: March chat

Bingo!  It is Sonny the cuckoo bird from Cocoa Puffs!  Not sure why I am thinking of him today....  and laughing my head off....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Did they tell you about the quick?  Be very careful not to clip down beyond the clear part.  Don't clip into the cloudy white, that hurts them and can bleed.  Just do the curvy tip.  Be prepared, he won't want to come near you for a while after this adventure.  They hate it.  G.T. straddles Cheerio on the floor to hold her down, and talks to her while he presses her paws open and clips.  Since you got him through a Petco adoption, wasn't it?  They would probably clip her nails.  Vets do it also.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Winter, I hope you'll have someone show you how to do it before you try clipping Yoda's nails yourself, you or DH.  Even after the vet showed me how, I had some pretty serious accidents when I was learning to do Gracie's, blood all over the place, a very pained dog and sobbing Mom.   Do not trust the "protective" piece that is supposedly there to keep you from hitting the quick; it doesn't work.  Hitting the quick will hurt him badly, and he won't forget or get over it quickly.  Not to scare you, just saying, it's imperative to know what you're doing before you try it at home.

Ambergirl, I'm old enough to remember the Coo Coo for Cocoa Puffs ads!  It's a crazy world.

ETA:  Yoda has made such strides in trusting you.  If you'll forgive my bluntness, Winter, I hope you'll let a professional do it until he's a lot more comfortable with your handling him.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Good advice from Kargiver re having a professional clip Yoda's nails.  You'll lose all the ground you've gained otherwise.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

DH had a dog and he did it with him before.  That's why I'm not doing it.  I think it would be harder to get him in the box to have him taken some where to have done.  We didn't get from from PetCo, but a group that had an adoption event there.  I also haven't seen any place (besides the vet) that does cats.  It's all dogs.  I will think about it though, thanks for the suggestions. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Have you ever seen the movie "Best in Show"?  Flipped channels and that's on now.  Wish I had known.  Such a funny movie.  they're at the judging segment now and I thought of you, Amber with the beautiful little Shih Tsu.  If you've never seen it, catch it sometime when you see it listed. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Thank tt.. Amber sends licks your way!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

I'll be headed out soon, but I wanted to wish you all a great evening. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Thanks, Winter, same to you.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

It would be harder, more expensive, and more of a general pita to take him to get them done, but imho, totally worth it all.  We love you and are so excited for Yoda's progress...hate to see it set back.  (DH's experience cutting a dog's nails will help marginally, but a dog is generally far more tolerant of the experience than a cat.)

Gotta cut this short and give Gracie a quick walk before DH arrives.

~kar

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Missed your good bye, Winter, sorry!  Thanks, and by the time you see this, hope you did have a great night, too. :)

Had a short walk today with Gracie.  Ran into a couple of neighbors and she about tore my arm off to say hello, wiggling like her spine is made of Jello.

Got to do a couple more things before DH arrives.  Have a great night, everyone!

~kar

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Amber, follow the directions and mix it all right in the pan/dish.  No greasing needed.  I usually can only wait 15 minutes or so before I'm trying to pop a cut square out!  The longer you wait, the easier to get it out without it  falling apart.

ETA:  Started this reply about 20 minutes ago, but had a call from my cousin, she had fallen off a step ladder around supper time.  Her niece lives nearby and came over.  She seems to be alright, but I told her I thought she should lay low tomorrow and rest up.  She may find dizziness when she tries to get up out of bed during the night or tomorrow. She and her niece are very close, they go out daily, so I know they'll check in again later tonight and first thing tomorrow.  My suggestion that she go to the ER and be checked out fell on deaf ears.  I'll check with her in the morning too.

Good luck with the cake and your company.

ETA2:  Where'd your post go??

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

I sold $400 worth of tickets to my nieces benefit. Wish it was more but not too shabby. I have the glib of the Irish : )

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Amber, are you with us?  Did you see my above post?  Did you delete the one I was responding to?

ETA:  Congratulations!  That's fantastic.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Oh so sorry tt! I thought I might have printed it and brought it home and sure enough I did! Deleted the post because your recipe answered my questions. Sorry about that! I hope your cousin is ok. That is scary.. Boo is at my feet looking lovingly up at me. He has been fed. Looks guilty to me.... my house had things moved around too... thought I was getting senile .. Ummm... were you home with Cheerio all day? Tigger is still sleeping.... ummmm...again..

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Oh, how scary, tt.  Too bad she didn't take your wise advice to go to the ER and be examined.  What if she falls in the night?!  Let us know how she's doing in the morning. 

DH is home, thankfully, and dead to the world, already in bed.  I'm up for awhile yet tending the fire and putting Gracie out later so she can sleep comfortably 'til morning.

Watching a Chopped rerun of the one where a chef pours truffle oil on the plate to "finish it" because he doesn't have a sauce and all the jugdges yell, "Nooooooo!"  Oops.  

I wish I had something yummy.  tt, anything in the freezer for my dreams tonight?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Amber, Cheerio, I think, was under the covers in this room - however, looking at it, it sure is ruffled up for just one cat!

Kargiver, I've been wrestling with myself not to take a wowie cupcake out of the freezer.  I can't eat and lie down too soon within each other or I'm bothered with acid reflux, so I've nixed that idea.  So, to answer your question, in my freezer still are:  cupcakes, applesauce muffins, and still some of the peach upside down cake (which I sliced a piece off of for myself today).  The whipped cream in a can is on the refrigerator door for whichever one you decide.

I'm sure my cousin will be OK.  I don't know how badly she bumped her head.  She's been keeping ice on it, so hopefully that will keep the swelling inside and out down.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

pssttt..... kar..tt's midnight...you in?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

You can sneak in earlier, if you want - last night was an 11:00 night and I had a louzy night's sleep, so I'm headed off for my nice freshly made bed now.  Cheerio sits at the slider, peering out into the dark backyard.  Animal activity must be picking up out there.  Oh, funny thing - I put some green grapes (really sour) up the back of the yard for any skunks, raccoons that might venture through, and saw a squirrel this afternoon taking them one by one and burying them over the other side of the yard!  Poor thing is confused with this crazy weather, must think it's Fall and time to prepare for winter - again!

Goodnight.  Chat tomorrow.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

tt, I know you are in bed but must say I hate Jeff Lewis new show. I am going to bed but should not have stayed up for it : (

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Good morning,

Good night's sleep, and waiting until 9:00 when I told her I would call.  If I called and she was showering or something and I couldn't reach her, I'd be afraid something had happened.  Her niece calls her every morning around 8:00 anyway.

Amber, I don't hate it, but it was much more interesting when he had all the different staff on and was filmed in his home.  The idea of them going to someone's house and sleeping there for a week while work was done, is ridiculous in my mind.  Maybe feasible in the millionaire's homes, but certainly not this week's show.  How do you suppose that couple paid for all that and his service fee?  Maybe he doesn't charge anything but does it for the publicity of using it as a show?  This last guy was a real loser and I don't believe he suddenly had a change of heart and personality.  Anyway, I'm with you in that last year's was a much better format.

I burned an English muffin yesterday at lunchtime, and even tho I cleaned the toaster out and lit a candle and even put out a dish of vinegar, I can still smell that throughout the house!  Any other ideas to get rid of the smell?  I even opened the kitchen window a bit when it happened.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

I must say I do hate it.  And I feel bad saying that since I have been a fan of his since the beginning.  It was so ridiculous last night.  I felt almost like it was made up.  Oh well, scratch that show off my list.  I hope your cousing is doing better tt.  Even though you obviously don't have this product, it is something I want to buy going down the road. It is on my Amazon wish list.  It is called Nok Out and suppose to get rid of all odors.  But for now, I have no idea... 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Good morning everyone.  Very tired this morning.  Went to bed at my usually 11, but Yoda decided that he wanted to sleep on my head at 5 am.  So I've been up since then.  Stayed in bed until but it's going to be a long day. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

I choked on my coffee Winter!  I can just picture Yoda doing that!  Too funny and just adorable...  I know people who's cats do that.  I have never had one that did. I'm sure it is not funny at 5:00am though : )  Boo likes to get attention around 3:00am. He licks my nose and then snuggles as close to me as he can and purrs loudly so hard to go back to sleep.  But like you, I can't get mad at him.  tt, cannot wait to make the wowie cake tomorrow. I will go to S&S tonight after work since all I need is cocoa powder and baking soda. You can tell I don't bake! 

ETA: Just seen where you called Yoda a she.  All this time I thought it was a he!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Good morning!

Oh, man, what a list of goodies I missed not to mention the invitation to a Midnight RAID caper!  That's what I get for not checking in at night.

We'll be eagerly awaiting your post-9 am report, tt.  I'm sure you'd know by now if something bad came of her bump, though, right?

Looks like a sunny day ahead, finally, yay!  The house is pretty put together, and I'd like to do a special dinner for DH's return.  He had an exhausting, stressful 3 days away, and last night he wasn't up for eating much which I anticipated and didn't even have anything special in the house...good thing I was right.  In fact, he went to bed at 8:00 on the dot.

About the acrid smell, tt, you can sprinkle baking soda on all your carpets and let it sit an hour before you vac it up.  And, curtains hold the stink, too, but you said you can't get those down?  Maybe you can spray those with Febreeze.  Other than that, airing out is about all that I know to do.  Too bad - it's really unpleasant when that happens!

ETA:  Sat on my post awhile and missed yours, Winter - that is such a funny picture!  Too bad it was 5 am, though...ugh.

Sections
Shortcuts