March chat

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Re: March chat

I wish I was retired... I would hang with you every day tt!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

I don't think I was rude at all.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Winter, where did someone post that reply to you?  Was it on your profile page?  I never heard that expression before, so don't know what they could have taken offense at.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

You weren't Winter and it was directed at me too.  Can we say "sensitive much???"  I replied and was very nice about it. I do stand by what I said.  It was an observation on both our parts, not an insult.  Staying away from that forum. I only was over there because how could you not read "Eating your plancenta"  LOL!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Oh, now I know where you girls were.  Not my cup of tea.  I saw that headline too.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Isn't that the craziest thing!  Did you see the one where Alicia Silverstone chews her food and spits it in her babies mouth?  That was another gross story.  Yeah, very happy I am done raising my DD if this is the "new" way to raise kids. And they are very sensitive to anyone else's observation. Not a public forum over there.  I will stay with my true blue CC.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I'd love to come over for some goodies, tt, thanks - but, today is corned beef day, and I'm planning on seriously chowing down on this meal 10 days in the making.  I hope it was preserved well enough despite my having cut the salt by 25%.  

So, that reminds me, I better get the veggie for the dinner pretty soon and figure out what time I need to put it on.  Looking forward to this Christmas when I get a "magic pot" and a Kindle.  Only 9 months to go.

I am not waiting, however, to replace an 8 qt stock pot that I use all the time but that the non-stick coating is wearing off big time - Teflon is not good eats.  I mismeasured it and received the 6 qt pot I mistakenly chose to replace it.  Needless to say, I've got that repackaged up and the return label printed.  Darn it, I hate returning stuff, and if I'd been more careful it wouldn't have happened.  Measure twice, cut, ahem, order once.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

It was in that thread, but helicopter parents were brought up and I gave my opinion.  

I post there sometimes if I think what I have to say could enlighten someone. I just posted in the nudity thread over there.  I'm sure I'll get bashed for making my comments. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Is today the day for your corned beef Kar??  Oh my, would I love some.....  I despise returning things too. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

And I agreed with Winter, so I got hung and quartered too...  lol!  Ok, now you have my curiousity piqued... Nudity thread???

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Yes over in Infants and Toddlers. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Just seen it. Good advice Winter because sadly someone would call DSS on them. And they are doing nothing wrong. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

I personally don't think adults should be walking around naked in front of their kids, but too each their own. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Kargiver, are you going to post a pic of the beef when it's done?  Dying to hear how it comes out, tenderwise and flavorwise.  I used to go to a - oh, what is the term, not a chiropractor, but close in that they massage and maneuver your bones - anyway, she was a wonderful Irish lady who during one session gave me her family's recipe for corning beef.  How I miss her.  Conversations with her during appts was healing for your soul, as were her magic fingers healing for my back.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good morning ladies,
    Busy morning posting. Good to hear your cousin is doing better, tt. Falling at our age is a serious matter. Our balance is not what it was, and our bones are brittle. Funny mouse stories. I remember all too well the mouse in your pocketbook.
    Winter, I do not read the parent's thread - find I am too old for that, and the new parents do not take our old experiences well anyway. They all know so much better. I didn't find your helicopter remark to Amber here condescending. It was just what it was.
    Kar, so today is the day. Corn beef in the making. Can't wait to hear tonight, how it came out. The one I did this week, was the first time I liked it. Maybe b/c it was a low salt one. Now I wish, I had bought a second one to freeze. Good luck with it.
    And Amber, good luck with your baking. tt didn't mention this, but you will want to do the toothpick test. Stick it in the cake, and it should come out clean. If it doesn't, you need to give it some more time. Start testing a few minutes before, you think it is done. Timings can vary from oven to oven.
    tt, I read about half of the first story. Boy, how I can relate. Once a transplant, always a transplant. I love the way, she writes. Easy reading.
    Welcome to the Chat, Keane. Sorry to hear you lost your job. But volunteering at the library should keep you busy. Hopefully something comes along, if you want to go back to work. Best wishes.
    Taking it easy today. Had a busy week. Need to go to TJs and Costco. Have to stop by the office as well. I forgot my glasses last night, and was driving home w/ my sunglasses, I always have in the car - Pingo

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Sure, I'll be glad to post a photo, but I don't know how good it will look because I didn't use the saltpeter, the ingredient that keeps it from turning that unappetizing gray, lol.  Will let you know how the brine tastes.  I hate to admit it, but I like the salt in corned beef so here's my prediction:  5 stars for my salt-averse DH, 3 1/2 stars for me.

I just posted something that ambergirl and Winter, especially, will appreciate in that helicopter thread.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Thanks Pingo for the toothpick tip.  I am hoping this cake redeems me. I am looking forward to next Friday, a Holiday in my office and I took a vacation day the following Monday too.  Enjoy your day! 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

I just seen it Kar.  It is true, we wern't trashing older moms.  How the heck do we know how old the mothers are??  When I had Anna at 26, I was considered an older mom as my 2 sisters got married at 19 and 23.  Go figure.  And yes, we are more cautious the older we get so it would of course carry over into having children.  Staying away from there.  I will leave that thread to the younguns : )

ETA: Forgot to thank you!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Cake that is done also smells done, filling the house with glorious, heavenly, chocolately goodness.  Another test is that it starts to pull away slightly from the edges of the pan.  Be careful not to overcook it, though, it can get dry and crumbly fast.  Pre-heat the oven for 10 minutes beyond the beep that says it's ready - it lies.

Good morning, Pingo - we were wondering where you were, glad you're OK!  Have a fruitful, fun time shopping.  Glad you made it home OK with your sunglasses. :)

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Kar, good advice in general. But this particular cake does not pull away from the sides. That's why one cannot tip it out of the pan, but need to cut it in the pan. That's the reason, I started to do the cup cakes. - Pingo

In Response to Re: March chat:
    [QUOTE]Cake that is done also smells done, filling the house with glorious, heavenly, chocolately goodness.  Another test is that it starts to pull away slightly from the edges of the pan.  Be careful not to overcook it, though, it can get dry and crumbly fast.  Pre-heat the oven for 10 minutes beyond the beep that says it's ready - it lies. Good morning, Pingo - we were wondering where you were, glad you're OK!  Have a fruitful, fun time shopping.  Glad you made it home OK with your sunglasses. :)
    Posted by kargiver[/QUOTE]

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Well, I'm not a toothpick tester, I'm a finger tester - tap it lightly in the middle and if it springs back, it's done.  I found the cupcakes (in my oven) were done in 20 minutes, the cake might have been done in 30, if my finger test popped back!  Pulling away from the side of the pan does not really apply to this particular recipe, it's so moist and dense.  Anyway, now that we've all properly and thoroughly scared you to death from ever baking, Amber - enjoy!

ETA:  You're better off getting Winter's advice as to what she did, she just made it. lol

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Kar, thanks for the comment, however I didn't use the words in my experience in the original post, so someone assumed it was a blanket statement to criticize them. People do need to lighten up.  I was 28 when I had my DS, compared to others in my ex's family I was older..lol. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

In my oven the cake took 35 minutes. I did the finger test (my mom does that tt) at 30 and it wasn't done. I have an electric stove. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

tt, that so made me laugh : )  I'm sure I will be fine. I will use the toothpick since I have some already AND the finger test.  I will start checking at 30 minutes.  I think I finally have this covered.  Thank you all!!!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Amber, I hope we haven't confused you enough to not do the cake. We just want you to have success, so you get encouraged to do it again. It is really easy. - Pingo