March chat

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Re: March chat

Not at all Pingo.  I am looking forward to it.  I do bake brownies and pound cake, but always out of a box.  So I have the basics down.  Can't wait to try it : )  I like the cupcake idea too. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

You're a strong woman, Amber, with all our pictures, suggestions, and you still want to make it - good girl.  We took the easiest of recipes and turned it into a production!!  That's what we older women do to intimidate the younger ones!  (no offense, Kargiver, lumping you into Pingo and my category!)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

You always make me smile tt : ) 

smiling-cat

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Winter, I shouldn't have quoted "in my experience," but I meant that that was the assumption anyone would reasonably make about what you said.

Pingo, I thought all cakes pulled away - good to know, thanks!  I used to marvel at how my great-grandmother knew simply by the smell.  She'd take a long whiff and say, "Nope, not done," and then a few minutes later she'd run to the kitchen saying, "That smells done!" and it was, and perfectly so every time.  Practice makes perfect, I guess.  Funny thing was she didn't even like sweets and didn't eat a bite of anything she made.  Her daughter also baked cakes (and taught cake decorating classes for the Y), and I think she used the finger test, too, tt.

All this talk of cake...yum.

ETA:  No offense taken!  I'm honored to be lumped in. :)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Poor Cheerio is beside herself.  She had groomed and got all her napping in yesterday so she'd be perky and entertaining for company today and tomorrow (she loves the boys, even tho it's G.T. that clips her nails), and now she's roaming around, following me from room, to room.  I gave in, opened the linen closet, and slid away the back panel so she can get in back of the wall and prowl the rafters that overhang the cellar.  usually, that's a no no, but the poor thing needs a little fun today.  Now, what am I going to find to "prowl"?  Poor me, I need a little fun today too.  Store poking is out and so is baking (freezer is full).  Ho Hum.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

I am sure my boys miss my cellar tt.  They use to hang down there all day. I would usually find them in some corner tucked away. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

I knew what you meant Kar, but I'm sure someone will mention it to you in the post. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

In Response to Re: March chat:
    [QUOTE]I knew what you meant Kar, but I'm sure someone will mention it to you in the post. 
    Posted by Winter2011Bride[/QUOTE]

I'm glad you pointed it out to me - I preemptively edited it to say that it was an obvious assumption that that's what you meant.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Winter, I don't know if you go to Trader Joe's, but just thinking of Yoda - Cheerio loves their Holistic Natural Feline treats (Bench and Field).  Ingredients start off with fish meal, ground brown rice, chicken.  Just gave her a couple.  As soon as I shake the jar she starts purring.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Gracie likes the dog treats from TJs, too.  I think of all the kitties in the CC family when I see the cat treats on the same shelves. :)

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Just got an email from G.T. re being BORED - told me as long as I'm in the linen closet to clean that top shelf out.  I have a lot of inexpensive vases there, a fondue set (remember those?), a Weight Watchers scale (when did I ever use that??), an arm sling (vintage 1990), some shower curtain holders that I replaced, and a couple of ceramic things.  Says if I put stuff in a box he'll take it next time he is down and take it were they donate their things.  Have 4 or 5 old towels I've since replaced with the newer bath size - a vet or animal shelter might like those.  I know there are things in the toyroom closet too -  Guess I can keep myself busy this afternoon.  I'll pause mid afternoon for my cuppa and a cupcake!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Ah, sounds like your afternoon is suddenly spoken for!

Mine is, too - heading out right now to do errands and buy a lottery ticket.  Hopefully, that means I won't be waiting until Christmas to get my wish list items. :)

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

In Response to Re: March chat:
    [QUOTE]Ah, sounds like your afternoon is suddenly spoken for! Mine is, too - heading out right now to do errands and buy a lottery ticket.  Hopefully, that means I won't be waiting until Christmas to get my wish list items. :)
    Posted by kargiver[/QUOTE]

Since Amber plans on buying the condo on Grammercy Park (and I know I'd be an invited guest), I'm sorry, but I'll have to root for her.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

tt, I don't usually go into Trader Joe's but there is one close to work and I'll look at the Cat treats.  He's been having Greenies every now and again for his teeth and he loves those. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Aw, tt, I'm hurt - don't you want me to have my magic pot sooner than Christmas?  I'd invite you over for more corned beef...which, depending on my review tonight, may or may not be enticing, I realize. ;)

OK, showered, dressed, and bejeweled...bye for now!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Broccoli and cheese soup for lunch.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Winter, I bough a burrito.  Was craving it. Now I could take a nap.  I don't usually eat something that heavy. It was delicious but I am in a food coma now!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

You girls are too funny. Glad I forgot my glasses yesterday (maybe it was meant to be) - just realized it is the end of the months and I have to call in and pay the taxes. Phew!
    Winter, I can't believe, you have never been to TJ's. They can't beat MB's produce IMO, but they have good stuff, and most of their prices a better than the grocery stores.
    Thanks for the reminder, tt. I need to buy a couple of tickets as well. Might as well add to Amber's fortune. DH asked me to buy them yesterday, but I forgot. That's how much interested, I am. But like the learned say, "Unless you are in the running, you will never win!" Heard it is up to 640 Mil - that's over 1/2 Billion. Just insane. I really hope it will be split between several winners. I can't even imagine, how I would spend 640 Mil. I do have a long wish list, but 640,000,000? - Pingo

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

You wouldn't clear that if you took a lump sum - so makes it easier to spend!

I had my usual salad, a cuppa of raspberry tea, and a frosted cupcake.  At a loss for supper, because I intended to have a nice fish lunch out today, and a light pick me up supper.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

It's just not my thing Pingo.  I don't get all the natural food hype.  I did get some cookies in there once or twice for work and have gotten a salad there for my lunch. The stuff I looked at was more then MB or S&S, but I'll check out the cat treats. 

ETA:  And I defintely don't shop at Whole Paycheck I mean Whole Foods. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

I have never been in a Trader Joe's either but then again, I don't have one near me.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

I did get wine there for a BBQ last summer.  It was cheap and my guests liked it. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

What better finish for a puzzle than Cheerio's sleeping mat -

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Awe tt, what a beautiful picture of her.  I just want to hug her. :)